• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#61 Tsim.07

Tsim.07

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

I'm currently using a green/white Sonun in-ear sound isolation earbuds that I got from Hong Kong for 36 HK dollars (around 5 USD!). The quality of it is actually good but it could work on the bass a little more. I accidentally pulled it a little too hard yesteday though and now some of the wire underneath the plastic is showing.

Posted Image

#62 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3199 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

Im using the Sennheiser CXL 300-II Precision
http://www.sennheise...cxseries_502746

These are the best Earphones I ever had, they have a very good and clear sound/bass and a high passive attenuation of ambient noise

But for 50 € in stores a little bit expensive :good:

♡ Sayashi is Hi(gh) love,Sayashi is Hi(gh) life ♪
kaediirihometal38486kz2.png
りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#63 Kenshin

Kenshin

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

I have a Denon AHD 2000 for my music and i connecting it with my AVR from onkyo and is such a gread expirience.
But the headphones are not for for for mp3 files because you hear everything out that not exists .
I thing WAV or Flac is the best with this headphones,

But i thing when you like it louder you need a Headphone amp

The Headphones have a relly gread bass and the mittle and High tones are also gread i have never heard for this money 260 euro such a gread sound .
with a real Headphone amp you have such a gread sound like a 5.0000 Euro two stand speakers.This have someone say in a Hifi Forum
My two JBL Northridge E 80 with JBL ES250 Subwoofer plays not so good as the Headphones .

And this 3 speakers cost me 800 euro .

I thing for 2.0 or 2.1 is the best and cheapest way Headphones.and for movies a home cinema system in best case a 7.1 or higher .
And when is it evening and your neighbours would not a eathquake in the night then the headphones .
My liitle Sub is so gread that my little sister hear and feel it 8 meters faar from me .

But every one must go to a HiFI store in the near to you becase in this price range there are many good headphones .Just like some one
Denon ,AKG,AT,Sennheiser and so on .
The Amp is really a must have for this pricerange because then you can also buy some ones in the 100 Dollar pricerange .

And not in a Mega store like Media market or Saturn.
Everyvody must hear the headphones not only for a Song,
The Heaphones what i buy i heard in a little store .I have also bring some of my cd`s and the shop , give this cds`s to a shop man are there are give this in some High end CD players . and i can here the Headphones .
He also connect the this to some Stand speakers and im now really shure that i have the best Heatpones in this price range .
I have heard this for about two hours,

#64 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10, amazing sound quality but with a equally shocking price tag, luckily I got them dirt cheap through work.

#65 Luffy Foxtrot

Luffy Foxtrot

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

I use these headphones at all times when using my iPod Touch. Earbuds annoy the hell out of me; and I'm not exactly sure what difference earphones have from earbuds or headphones.

#66 JasonRAWR

JasonRAWR

Tanaka Gundan

• Banned
  • 717 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

I'm currently using these : http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B0030ZR3Q6
Even though they're cheap they're brilliant quality ^__^
But one of the headphone covers is missing D:
Anyone know where i could buy a new one .___.

#67 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

I use a pair of Reina coloured Mix-style headphones, LinLin had ones of the same make but hers were black

#68 Ganny

Ganny

Dorky Ai = Perfection

• Kouhai
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

I have a general standard. My lowest spec headphones which I use are Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision. I generally use Sennheiser's as a base standard, but these headphones, although cheap, sound pretty good.

But my long distance journey headphones are Bose QuietComfort 15. Noise cancelling, so when I'm on a plane and I want to sleep, I just turn them on so I can't hear a thing XD Expensive, though...

Posted Image
Set made by S-N-I-P-E-R - You just can't beat dorky Ai XD - last.fm
Morning Musume. was diagnosed with cancer on 7th December 2009...
It was diagnosed as terminal on 8th August 2010...
Morning Musume. died on 9th January 2011. The funeral will be at the end of the Autumn concert tour...

#69 blindwhatif

blindwhatif

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:24 PM

who agrees that dr dre beats are over priced for the quality they give off.
they look real good though.
i was never a headphone person till i broke a pair of skullcandy skullcrushers

now im waiting on some beast sennheiser headphones (which i never heard till i searched after breaking skullcandy)
i dont gots a lot of money, so what i'm waiting for are the sennheiser 558's or 555's forgot =p

Posted Image

All Credit goes to S-N-I-P-E-R for the beautiful set =) thanks again Sniper

#70 Perazon

Perazon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:29 AM

When it comes to portable music, I use these Sony earbuds. They're certainly not the high end stuff, but they're cheap so I never have to worry about breaking them. If they do, I always have a backup set to replace them. The build isn't too flimsy, so they do tend to last for a while. Sound is also okay, considering the price.

As for my choice for listening at home, I use Sony's MDR7506. I use them for pretty much everything - laptop, movies, music, games.

I'm honestly not an audiophile, so I can't really describe the sound's pros and cons. I can only recommend the MDR7506's to those who don't want to dish out more that $100 dollars for headphones, but want something better than earbuds. From what I do know, I don't go for that Skullcandy crap. I tried their stuff before when I lost my first set of MDR7506, and wow, Skullcandy's sound quality (if you want to call it that) is a joke. They're all about aesthetics rather than sound. I've never owned any Sennheiser's, mainly because I'm too afraid to pay so much for something that I'm not too sure I'll like. Their stuff is basically too expensive for my taste. Maybe one day, I'll give a them a try. I just have to become rich enough, lol.

#71 blindwhatif

blindwhatif

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

^
if you would like to try out a pair of sennheisers, i believe my friend bought a pair of the HD 515's on ebay for about 40 to 50 dollars
they're entry level Headphones to their Audiophile section or series on their website and the msrp is like 130 dollars but since sennheiser
released their 518's (558's and 598's) i suppose the prices on the 515's 555's and 595's dropped

well anyway, i've tried them and they aren't half bad, for 40 or 50 bucks you can't go wrong with these pair of sennheisers, structurally built quite well and the sound quality is quite good for the price :good:

as for skull candies XD haha yeah i hate them. i thought they were good after spending like 60 or 70 bucks for the skull crushers, it was nice with the bass but i just hated the cheap plastic it was made of,
it stuck out on the sides of your head too much, and the wires come out of both cans so that it can catch on things more often compared to a pair of headphones with a single wire or cord.

Posted Image

All Credit goes to S-N-I-P-E-R for the beautiful set =) thanks again Sniper

#72 MissyTsukiyomi

MissyTsukiyomi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

How long does a pair of Skullcandy earbuds last?

I use my iPod every time I'm in the car, and every night; I end up replacing them in 2 - 5 months because one side stops working.
I've tried pretty much tried all Walmart has to offer, and I was thinking about getting Skullcandy but I wasn't sure if I should get them if they're going to break like my last pair did, which was in three weeks.

Princess Miyabi... ♥
Miyabi. Reina. Ikuta. JunJun.
Bonjour ~
My Tumblr My Twitter
My Graphics Thread

#73 CiaCiainAction

CiaCiainAction

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

@MissyTsukiyomi
They don't last long. You could try Koss Portapro if you want something that doesn't break easily.

#74 KaitoDoraemon

KaitoDoraemon

Ai chan: I'm so free I dunno what to do now XD

• Senpai
  • 2359 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

I know this thread is like super dead to the bones but I'll post anyways~! XD

My rig:

Mp3: Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0
Headphones: stock SGP IEMs, Sony MDR XB-700
Amp: Fiio E5 for that added headshaking bass!

Posted Image
高橋愛ちゃんBlog Translations!!!
You know why I call myself her Royal Clown? because she LOL'ed at "KAITODORAEMON" during her final radio show~! CLICK LOL

#75 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

If you've got to revive it, revive it.

MP3 player: Creative Xen X-Fi, X-Fi Style, X-Fi2, and LG G2x (phone)
Headphones: Audio Technica A700s and bluetooth Creative WP-250
Amp: none

I wanted something that didn't need an amp, so went with the A700s and WP-250s is for when I roll around town or snowboarding. I'm wanting to replace my A700s with something more...maintainable. I want something with replaceable ear cups and replaceable wires. The wires isn't a problem, as I can just mod the headphones. The ear cups is the main problem. Can't get new ones. Mine are starting to fall apart after a couple years of use. The cable is also dirty and stiff. I can just dunk it in some hot water with detergent to clean it off and loosen up the cables. I just haven't gotten around to it, as I haven't needed to use them recently.
Together.jpg

#76 KaitoDoraemon

KaitoDoraemon

• Senpai
  • 2359 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

If you've got to revive it, revive it.

MP3 player: Creative Xen X-Fi, X-Fi Style, X-Fi2, and LG G2x (phone)
Headphones: Audio Technica A700s and bluetooth Creative WP-250
Amp: none

I wanted something that didn't need an amp, so went with the A700s and WP-250s is for when I roll around town or snowboarding. I'm wanting to replace my A700s with something more...maintainable. I want something with replaceable ear cups and replaceable wires. The wires isn't a problem, as I can just mod the headphones. The ear cups is the main problem. Can't get new ones. Mine are starting to fall apart after a couple years of use. The cable is also dirty and stiff. I can just dunk it in some hot water with detergent to clean it off and loosen up the cables. I just haven't gotten around to it, as I haven't needed to use them recently.

may i recommend you the Audio Technica Pro 700 MK II ? the pads are replaceable and even the cables are not proprietary :good: ... u can practically use any 3.5mm audio jack with this.
As for the pads, audiophiles who went with these usually replace them with ATH M50s ear pads.. they say its much more comfier.. these are studio monitoring cans, but they provide superb bass! *btw, its in my wishlist :P *

Posted Image
You know why I call myself her Royal Clown? because she LOL'ed at "KAITODORAEMON" during her final radio show~! CLICK LOL

#77 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

may i recommend you the Audio Technica Pro 700 MK II ? the pads are replaceable and even the cables are not proprietary :good: ... u can practically use any 3.5mm audio jack with this.
As for the pads, audiophiles who went with these usually replace them with ATH M50s ear pads.. they say its much more comfier.. these are studio monitoring cans, but they provide superb bass! *btw, its in my wishlist :P *

The Pro 700 MKII is pretty much what I want, but I fear the headband portion. I like the A700, as they are extremely comfortable. I've had headphones with the normal style of headbands like the Pro 700 MKII before. They always end up hurting my head after prolonged use. I could spend time stretching it out, but I get mixed results from that. I have an average headsize, but all these headphones seem to be tight.
Together.jpg

#78 KaitoDoraemon

KaitoDoraemon

• Senpai
  • 2359 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

The Pro 700 MKII is pretty much what I want, but I fear the headband portion. I like the A700, as they are extremely comfortable. I've had headphones with the normal style of headbands like the Pro 700 MKII before. They always end up hurting my head after prolonged use. I could spend time stretching it out, but I get mixed results from that. I have an average headsize, but all these headphones seem to be tight.

aahh.. ive heard about how it clamps real tight >< ... well i think im fine with that... i really like to go head banging when i listen to some dubstep :good: well, im not much of a comfy person anyways, as long as I have a pair of compact subwoofers around my ears, I'm good to go! XD

Anyway, i guess headbands do stretch to fit your headsize sooner or later? well, i dunno if u'd like it, but how about Beats studio? I tried them once and the fit is sooo snug its so comfy.. sound quality is awesome to me.. yeah i know they're pricey... but still.. :P

Posted Image

#79 rattrap316

rattrap316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2424 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hey.....

Can anyone suggest a head/earphone that is a blue-tooth with a remote? Sony use to have one.... but now.

#80 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

aahh.. ive heard about how it clamps real tight >< ... well i think im fine with that... i really like to go head banging when i listen to some dubstep :good: well, im not much of a comfy person anyways, as long as I have a pair of compact subwoofers around my ears, I'm good to go! XD

Anyway, i guess headbands do stretch to fit your headsize sooner or later? well, i dunno if u'd like it, but how about Beats studio? I tried them once and the fit is sooo snug its so comfy.. sound quality is awesome to me.. yeah i know they're pricey... but still.. :P

Beats isn't even an option. Overpriced for bad sound. The bass overpowers the rest and the rest is pretty much average.

Hey.....

Can anyone suggest a head/earphone that is a blue-tooth with a remote? Sony use to have one.... but now.

Remote, like, you have a handheld remote control? My WP-250s has volume controls, pause, reverse, and forward buttons on them. It also has a mic, so if you use it with your cellphone, you can use it as a headset. The controls sit on the right-side earbud.

Posted Image
Together.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users