SR60 is about $70 and about $95.

#22 dcpoor

dcpoor

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:10 AM

SR60 is about $70 and about $95.

yeah, i know the msrp, i was just wondering how much yoshikx wanted to sell them for. :rolleyes:

#23 Just4FuN

Just4FuN

矢島ヲタ

• Senpai
  • 918 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:22 AM

oic. lol :rolleyes:

#24 GordieHowe

GordieHowe

sötpotatis <3

• Banned
  • 2643 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

in the ~100 range i would recommend the audio technica es7's or denon d1000/1001.

stuff above that tier will pretty much require headphone amps, better dacs, and stupid money. :D
stay faraway and don't fall into the wallet stealing trap. ruuuuunnnnnnn <3

I'm not so well-read when it comes to this pro audophile stuff, but I'm willing to improve my setup (as I know I can improve it a lot). Since I've been a gamer I've heard that Sennheiser is the way to go (all CS nerds used Sennheiser), therefore I've been sticking to their stuff for a while now and been pretty satisfied. I've upgraded all the time from HD515 to HD555 to HD595. The next level from what I can see is HD650. Are they worth the money or is there some headphones that are much better in the same price class? You say that I need to invest in amps and dacs (got no idea what that is, lol, please enlighten me) for it being worth to buy more expensive headphones. Could you give me some example of a good package if I want to improve from my HD595's and this soundcard? (is the soundcard even any good? :D)

I hate money btw.

And yeah, you other guys are of course welcome to share you opinions as well. ^^;

#25 Just4FuN

Just4FuN

矢島ヲタ

• Senpai
  • 918 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:26 PM

HD650 is hard to be beaten even comparing with some of hi-end cans. With the proper amp, it's really shine. :lol:

Anyway, HD595 does not require amp to drive and not picky with amps. so DAC would be the way to go. :good:

here's the one very popular for the low budget. http://www.audio-mag...p_p/dac25c2.htm

or you may try other cans since IMO HD595 has a bit boring sound because DACs make everything clearer and better in detail and overall, but not change the sound signature of your HD595. :good:

#26 GordieHowe

GordieHowe

sötpotatis <3

• Banned
  • 2643 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:25 AM

Thanks. <3

That DAC is not so low budget in Sweden though... $545 :lol:. We got some crazy prices on electronics. I guess I should find some good site from where I can import stuff like this. Importing from US is not so fun though as you most of the times have to pay up to 30% in taxes and toll <3. Still better than buying it in Sweden though, of course.

Let's say I have a budget of ~$1K. Should I stick to what I have now and just buying that DAC for my HD595's, or do you have anything better to recommend? Make the budget ~$800 if you check prices at US stores for saving some money for the taxes/toll fees.

Thoughts about my soundcard? I don't know what you expect me to use from my PC haha :D. Right now it's PC -> soundcard -> headphones (I feel so noob-ish now haha :D).

#27 Just4FuN

Just4FuN

矢島ヲタ

• Senpai
  • 918 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:55 AM

whoa! that's ridiculously expensive!

that M-Audio is not bad, better than internal soundcard. XD

I would say you can stick with this combo first. then getting new cans to enjoy other flavors (to me HD595 is not my cup of tea - lack of punchy bass.)

or get new DAC+amp e.g. this one, if you expect to hear more out of your HD595, or plan to upgrade your headphone to higher-end. XD

I don't know about price in EU, but ebay.de is still good to take a look, isn't it? XD

#28 Chachimaru

Chachimaru

Her whisper is the Lucifer

• Senpai
  • 2276 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:56 AM

hmm , i dont know exactly what kind of head phones i have, but they are much better sound quality than the ones that come with the iPod
they are like ear plugs even when im not listening to music xD

......................................................”ねえ、ナナ。。。"

Posted Image

#29 yoshikix

yoshikix

ちょこっと Love

• Senpai
  • 680 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:11 AM

MS1s are decent. XD

[
i'm not gonna list my headphones because i don't want to be laughed at. :D

please do. I'm interested in it. XD

here's my headphones. XD

Posted Image

yes they are! bang for buck really! i also have the grado sr60 and its older brother sr80, looking to offload those, too many cans in the house, for my movies, im on my phillips hp895!

how much for the sr60 or sr80? lol :)

where are you currently located? PM me, we can always discuss more.

Posted Image

"Statistics is like a bikini, what is revealed is suggestive, but what is concealed is vital."

#30 rubenp

rubenp

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:30 PM

Personally, my favorite headphones are the JBuds J2 earbuds from http://www.JLabAudio.com . I just got an advanced pair, they don’t officially come out until the 28th of November on Amazon. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a pair of the Onyx Black JBuds J2 and they sound GREAT! You can get the details on them at http://www.amazon.co...duct/B001GS8FZ2 . I’ve had them for a few weeks and they’re the best headphones I’ve ever owned. They are extremely comfortable and very durable.

Well... If you splurged on your MP3 player and are using the stock earbuds, you ain't getting the best out of your mp3 player. I was wondering what you all use for listening?

I use a Senheisser PMX 40 for my outdoor use. It's pretty ok I guess. Nice mids and highs though the lows ain't as good... I was thinking of getting a PX 100 or PX 200. The PX 100 I heard, has better bass but the con is that it is an open headphone and the sound leaks... and also foam earpads ain't very durable. The PX 200 on the other hand has noise insulation, leather-earpads (Which mean that they are very comfortable!) and the OFC copper wires are reinforced with Kevlar (The material used in Bullet proof vests!!)

At the moment I can't really decide... So if you were allowed to choose between these 2 which will you choose? I just want to hear some opinions :lol:

So what earphones/earbus/earphones do you use?

#31 Tetsuo75

Tetsuo75

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:37 PM

Man, I wish I could buy myself some nice, expensive headphones like some of you :rolleyes:

Right now I'm rockin' these cheap JVC gumy earbud headphones :ph34r: . They actually don't sound too bad though. I have to resort buying cheap headphones, cause I sometimes break them when I use them while sleeping. I swear, I go through four pairs or so a year.

#32 chikichi

chikichi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 808 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:25 AM

Favorite headphones:
Philips SHE5920 Virtual Surround Sound

http://www.consumer....ones SHE5910-27

These things are really, really cheap and sound really good.
Change up your equalizer depending on the genre and these things will do wonders. (For me, at least)
Gave up Skullcandys for these.

Only downside to this set is the fact that it'll knock you out if you play your iPod or whatever device at full volume.
Kind of a scary thing.

#33 Yo Jimbo

Yo Jimbo

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 335 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:19 AM

Odd that this topic pops up soon after I just bought some new headphones =]
Anyway, I'm using a Shure SE 210 (in-ear). A bit pricey but I got a bunch of recommendations for it. From my experience though, its really good at shutting out so much outside noise (hmm kinda like Firefox and blocking pop ups, ads or otherwise <3 ) and the sound quality is really good. Granted of course if you put them in properly (the default set of ear buds work like an ear plug where you have to squish them first before you put it into your ear). I'm just used to all the other head/earphones where I don't need to work as hard to get the most of it (I just stick it in my ear and go) but a minor complaint and I won't notice it as much the more I use them. I do have my EQ set to Bass Booster though.
Posted Image
Crowds are won and lost and won again but our hearts beat for the diehards

#34 tensai87

tensai87

Custom member title... ah?

• Senpai
  • 934 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:57 AM

Reviving this thread :ph34r:
So, does anyone have any experience with the Bose in-ear headphones? I'm trying to get a better sound but I'm really inexpert about this matter. Any advices? :blink: =)
Posted Image

#35 dcpoor

dcpoor

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:23 AM

Reviving this thread XD
So, does anyone have any experience with the Bose in-ear headphones? I'm trying to get a better sound but I'm really inexpert about this matter. Any advices? XD =)

please don't buy bose. :P

a pair of used/openbox apple dual driver iems go for around 30-40 on ebay. those are a surprisingly decent/good value. but their sound is relatively balanced and not bass heavy, some would feel they are bass lacking or lean.

amazon also had altec lansing uhp336's onsale for $35 in the past, but it looks like they raised their prices recently. these are rebadged and slight tweaked ultimate ears super.fi 3's.

if you're open to other types of headphones and not just in-ears, there's always the bang for the buck favorite koss ksc75's. :)

#36 captainepic

captainepic

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

Meh, just get the Sennheiser HD 800 :P Best headphones in the world :good:
我、天啓を得たり
Posted Image

#37 CiaCiainAction

CiaCiainAction

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

So, does anyone have any experience with the Bose in-ear headphones? I'm trying to get a better sound but I'm really inexpert about this matter. Any advices?

I've tried the QuietComfort 3 and Around-Ear headphones. The QC3s do a good job canceling noise, but the sound quality is just about as good as the iPod earphones (which suck). As for the Around-Ear headphones, they sound really balanced. Fine mids, and you can feel the bass; decent overall. So with my experiences, I'd rather go for another company besides Bose; as you can probably get better equipment at that price range ($99 for in-ear headphones).

Try these brands instead:

AKG
Audio-Technica
Sennheiser

If you're still lost, state how much are you willing to spend, and would you prefer headphones or earphones?

#38 hen87

hen87

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

i have try any brand... not to many... :
i have try :
a. audio-techinca ----> for me it's worst... only treble sound win
b. seinhesser ----> a little bit balance
c. sony ----> for me it's perfect

#39 dcpoor

dcpoor

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

Meh, just get the Sennheiser HD 800 :P Best headphones in the world :)

i'm waiting a year or two. hopefully they'll be at the $700-800 range then. XD

#40 Yumame

Yumame

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 448 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:26 AM

Man, I wish I could buy myself some nice, expensive headphones like some of you ^^;

Right now I'm rockin' these cheap JVC gumy earbud headphones XD . They actually don't sound too bad though. I have to resort buying cheap headphones, cause I sometimes break them when I use them while sleeping. I swear, I go through four pairs or so a year.

Wow there are so many Numbers and Letters here, all unintelligible to me...

Let me guess, I'm cheaper than everyone else (and probably will be) here. I'm using an AIWA earphones designed for Casette players circa 1993 (given to us by our relatives, the father), I dug them from my storage, removed the custom volume and extra features panel, soldered (using my father's tools) the very thin wires around the (kevlar, I guess), used masking tape to cover it, then colored it black. Now for an extra boost, and extra bass, I "tweak" the speakers themselves.

As extra methods, I modify the MP3 files themselves, using this downloaded files on this PC (Another giveaway), then a setting on my PSP (a requested gift to me).
What?
What??
What???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users