• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#1 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

The 3rd Knight of Reina Revolution 07 Elite Moon Knight Brigade

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:56 AM

Well... If you splurged on your MP3 player and are using the stock earbuds, you ain't getting the best out of your mp3 player. I was wondering what you all use for listening?

I use a Senheisser PMX 40 for my outdoor use. It's pretty ok I guess. Nice mids and highs though the lows ain't as good... I was thinking of getting a PX 100 or PX 200. The PX 100 I heard, has better bass but the con is that it is an open headphone and the sound leaks... and also foam earpads ain't very durable. The PX 200 on the other hand has noise insulation, leather-earpads (Which mean that they are very comfortable!) and the OFC copper wires are reinforced with Kevlar (The material used in Bullet proof vests!!)

At the moment I can't really decide... So if you were allowed to choose between these 2 which will you choose? I just want to hear some opinions :)

So what earphones/earbus/earphones do you use?
Posted Image
:おつかれいなぁ~(●^ v ^●)

#2 CiaCiainAction

CiaCiainAction

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

Whenever I take my iPod with me, it's always the stock earphones since I don't go out that much.
I use an audio-technica ATH-A700 (closed) at home with a m-audio audiophile 192 sound card.

Looking to buy some STAX in the future though.

#3 DarkL1ghT

DarkL1ghT

新垣さんの声、大好き!

• Senpai
  • 1047 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:14 AM

My phone is my mp3 player as well and I just use the bluetooth SE HBH-DS970 headset with it. But if you ask me, I'll always prefer in-earbuds to normal headphones or earphones. As ppl know, earphones leak sound which I hate and headphones to me are bulky. In-earbuds, if you can tolerate them, offers cheap noise isolation (compare to noise cancelling sets which might cost a tad more) with good sound XD

My dream is to get a Shure set though or those similar e.g. Ultimate Ears but paying the same amount of money as my PVP is a bit...off putting.

Posted Image
All hail the Blue GAKINI! ^□ ^

#4 Garamon

Garamon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1000 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:09 AM

I sometimes use a Sennheiser HD-515 at home, but mostly my Koss Porta Pro because it's more comfortable and has better bass.

#5 Kurohana

Kurohana

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:00 AM

Right now, I'm really enjoying my Sennheiser HD595.

momokohappy.gif

#6 Asp

Asp

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

for my laptop I use my Sennheiser HD415, great sound quality!!
By nono:)bbz, thanks!
Posted Image

#7 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:52 AM

i alsway had trouble finding good headphones they sound greta but after a month or two they break or one side stops working so on

well about 5 years ago i won a 200 gift card at circut city and after walking around looking for something to buy with my 200 gift card i could not find anything i wanted but i ran across these sony headphones they were rela nice looking but there was a 159 price tag to i XD

i ask the saleman if headphonae that cost this much are really worth it he goes yes they are and tells me these wont blow out break as easy as other headphone that i was always having trouble with

so i gave them a shot...guess what ...5 years and they still sound great ^^;

so on headphones i say the more they cost the better they be :good:
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#8 Whiteshade

Whiteshade

.:Destiny Hacker:.

• Kouhai
  • 532 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:16 AM

^Sounds like an awesome bargain! I loved the earbuds that came with my Creative mp3 player, better than most earbuds you actually have to pay for. Too bad it got spoilt though. :good:

I've wasted a lot of money on headphones. They're essential for me because my laptop's speakers really suck. But my headphones have a tendency of getting spoilt after a few months. Even that slightly pricey Logitech one I bought went kaput pretty fast.

The headphones I'm using now is a cheap Altec Lansing I got at a PC fair. For the price, it's pretty damn good. Not to mention the fact that it's been nearly a year and it's STILL working. For me, that's something new lol. ^^;
Posted Image
Bringing back the flag.

#9 tennyoaisu

tennyoaisu

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:38 PM

I use a pair of Skullcandy earbuds that I love. They're pink (to match my iPod case) and they have a volume control on the cord so I don't have to dig my iPod out of my purse to change the volume.

http://www.skullcand...nbuds-p-10.html
Favorite way to say "red wines" with a German accent?
RED VINES!

#10 Just4FuN

Just4FuN

矢島ヲタ

• Senpai
  • 918 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

wow there's another audio-technica fan here. I love my AT too. XD

#11 dcpoor

dcpoor

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

Well... If you splurged on your MP3 player and are using the stock earbuds, you ain't getting the best out of your mp3 player. I was wondering what you all use for listening?

I use a Senheisser PMX 40 for my outdoor use. It's pretty ok I guess. Nice mids and highs though the lows ain't as good... I was thinking of getting a PX 100 or PX 200. The PX 100 I heard, has better bass but the con is that it is an open headphone and the sound leaks... and also foam earpads ain't very durable. The PX 200 on the other hand has noise insulation, leather-earpads (Which mean that they are very comfortable!) and the OFC copper wires are reinforced with Kevlar (The material used in Bullet proof vests!!)

At the moment I can't really decide... So if you were allowed to choose between these 2 which will you choose? I just want to hear some opinions :)

So what earphones/earbus/earphones do you use?

the px100's are a pretty good option for the money(<$40USD), but they're a bit dark and overly bassy for my tastes. i prefer the koss ksc-75/ktxpro1 over them. brighter, clearer, no veil sounding. The px200 are held in lower regard in comparison to the px100 in the headphone community, but they're a decent <$40 closed headphone option IF they fit your ears well. if the ear cups don't form a good seal with your ears the sound is pretty bleeeh, if they do form a good seal then the sound is decent, but not quite up to the px100.

my recommendations for the <$25 range would be the koss ksc75 or jvc marshmallow. if you want a full sized closed headphone in this price range, i've heard some good comments about the jvc rx300, the panasonic htx7pp as well.

from 50-100 grados are nice, but the sound and look isn't for everyone.

in the ~100 range i would recommend the audio technica es7's or denon d1000/1001.

stuff above that tier will pretty much require headphone amps, better dacs, and stupid money. :GGRR:
stay faraway and don't fall into the wallet stealing trap. ruuuuunnnnnnn :D

i'm not gonna list my headphones because i don't want to be laughed at. :P

#12 yoshikix

yoshikix

ちょこっと Love

• Senpai
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

audio is subjective. what i may like, it doesn't mean that you will like it too. currently im on my alessandro MS1s together with my ipod nano, for earphones wise, i have my shure e2c. Both works for me! :GGRR:

Posted Image

"Statistics is like a bikini, what is revealed is suggestive, but what is concealed is vital."

#13 Just4FuN

Just4FuN

矢島ヲタ

• Senpai
  • 918 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:39 PM

MS1s are decent. ^_^

[
i'm not gonna list my headphones because i don't want to be laughed at. XD

please do. I'm interested in it. :D

here's my headphones. :P

Posted Image

#14 dcpoor

dcpoor

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

MS1s are decent. ^_^

[

please do. I'm interested in it. :D

here's my headphones. :P

Posted Image

ah, you have more invested into headphones than i do. i don't feel so bad anymore. XD
nice collection of woodies. :) what tube amp is that?

#15 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

Just the Samsung ones that comes with my YP-25 (Money doesn't fall from sky to me)

#16 Just4FuN

Just4FuN

矢島ヲタ

• Senpai
  • 918 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

MS1s are decent. XD

[

please do. I'm interested in it. ^^;

here's my headphones. ^_^

Posted Image

ah, you have more invested into headphones than i do. i don't feel so bad anymore. XD
nice collection of woodies. :P what tube amp is that?

It's Ray Samuels Emmeline II The Raptor along with the PS Audio Digital Link III DAC.

#17 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

Sony MDR-EX71SL earbuds for use with my Creative Zen Micro for the gym. Cord is short (maybe a little too short) enough just to reach the armband. Sounds decent, durable and was less than $50 both times. Not that great for running outdoors though.

Probably need to get something sound canceling/enclosed and a DAP with video capability and a bigger screen for travel eventually.

#18 yoshikix

yoshikix

ちょこっと Love

• Senpai
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:55 AM

MS1s are decent. :wub:

[

please do. I'm interested in it. XD

here's my headphones. :wub:

Posted Image

yes they are! bang for buck really! i also have the grado sr60 and its older brother sr80, looking to offload those, too many cans in the house, for my movies, im on my phillips hp895!

Posted Image

"Statistics is like a bikini, what is revealed is suggestive, but what is concealed is vital."

#19 Just4FuN

Just4FuN

矢島ヲタ

• Senpai
  • 918 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:14 AM

Grado and Alessandro are great although it's not my cup of tea. :wub:

I also had too many cans. audio-technica ESW9 is for portable use. for home use, I mostly use modded audio-technica W100, and W5000 with Fitz mod for classical music.

just sold Sennheiser HD650, HD555, HD25, and STAX SR303 to get fund for DAC. :wub:

#20 dcpoor

dcpoor

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:17 AM

MS1s are decent. :wub:

[

please do. I'm interested in it. XD

here's my headphones. :wub:

Posted Image

yes they are! bang for buck really! i also have the grado sr60 and its older brother sr80, looking to offload those, too many cans in the house, for my movies, im on my phillips hp895!

how much for the sr60 or sr80? lol :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users