• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#181 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:14 AM

Sorry to go slightly off topic but who are the other five great voices of Japan? I take it that Ayu, Hikki and Kumi are among the five?

#182 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:13 AM

I seem to remember one of them being an older male enka singer.
And as much as I personally love Koda's singing voice, I doubt she made Fumi's list.

#183 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:26 AM

Sorry to go slightly off topic but who are the other five great voices of Japan? I take it that Ayu, Hikki and Kumi are among the five?

The Five Great Voices Of Japan =

Namie Amuro - R&B
Hikaru Utada - R&B
Tomiko Van - Rock, Jazz
Aya Matsuura - Pop, Jazz
Mika Nakashima - Rock, Pop

(My opinion, of course opinion is like bellybutton, etc. P.S. to Ninja: of course Misora Hibari used to be Great Voice Of Enka before most of these were born but she is gone now...

Posted Image Charter member of dorky doki club!

#184 Wolfy

Wolfy

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

Wow! I'm glad that Aya Matsuura is one of the greatest voices of Japan 8D She really deserves it ^^
But... Namie one of the greatest voices? I like her, but I prefer other singers than her uwuU

Wolfy's Youtube Channel

H!P Covers and more!

Duu's Blog Translations

Not updated anymore, sorry. :c If you're interested to take over, pls tell me!

#185 Linlintan

Linlintan

Linlin's #1 Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2497 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

I'm surprised that Ayumi and Kumi are not on the list, but at least Namie is, she deserves it. Plus I can see why Kumi and Ayumi are not on the list because they started late.
Linlintan member of Linlin branch and WHOA Musha
Posted Image
The greatest Linlin fan ever!

#186 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

Has anybody seen the movie That's Cunning which stars Namie. I'm watching it tomorrow night so just want to know if it's worth my time or not.

#187 Linlintan

Linlintan

Linlin's #1 Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2497 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

^That's cunning? I think I heard of this. Was this made like a long time ago? I'll give you a time era. Like during the Can you celebrate era?
*checks* They said it was made in '96 and some people said it was good, because namie is very cheerful in it.
Posted Image

#188 puffypancake

puffypancake

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1595 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

With last week's sales Namie has sold over 1 million cds. That's crazy with today's usual sales numbers but I glad to see her doing so well.

gabby2014_zps75e0ccfd.jpg

#189 Linlintan

Linlintan

Linlin's #1 Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2497 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

That really is crazy considering now everyone goes on the computer and downloads music.
Keep up the awesome work, Namie!
Posted Image

#190 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

Another popular artist who's thread is dead <3

I'm liking Sexy Girl. But is the song an album song that had a PV? I can't see it in her discography on Wikipedia.

matt2.jpg
Credit goes to Cassandra for this beautiful set <3
Finally saw Rika on 27/05/10 at the H&A Concert in London <3

#191 nakamura25

nakamura25

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:38 AM

Another popular artist who's thread is dead <3

I read that as "Another popular artist who's dead" and almost had a heart attack. <3

Anyways, you guys should check these out.

WILD Preview:
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

WILD Coke CM Making of:

WILD Coke CM:
Posted Image

#192 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:32 AM

^ I don't blame you for nearly having a heart attack! :ph34r:

Full PVs:

Wild

Dr.

Wild is awesome <3

matt2.jpg

#193 Helder Ribeiro

Helder Ribeiro

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1344 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:34 AM

I love DR. *O*~~

I can listen to it over and over again! Namie Amuro was my first addiction in jpop world ^^ I love this woman!
Posted Image

10th Generation

#194 timothy

timothy

:)

• Senpai
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:52 AM

kinda surprised at inactivity of the thread ^^; i dug her 60s70s80s singles alot, and funkytown. XD

ive made remix mashup of what a feeling :blush: http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page
kinda at a rough stage but 1:30 onwards is the better parts.

#195 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

I've liked Namie for a while now, but recently, I'm loving her XD Hopefully I'll be buying the first press version of Best Fiction CD + DVD for my birthday in October, aswell as one of the first press posters :P

Though does anyone else have trouble managing to pick up what she says in some of her songs? She uses English so much, sometimes I'm not sure if it's just me failing to pick up her Japanese or bad English XD

matt2.jpg

#196 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:10 AM

hey guy i doing a battle of jpop battle on my thread and this week Amuro Namie is in it
please vote if you can

anyways back on topic

I sometime can hear her english i the songs but like any jpop i dont always hear it until i read the lyrics
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#197 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:32 AM

Reina says she likes Body Feel Exit so much that she wants to perform it for her fans!
Maybe if she gets a dinner show (though it's not really a dinner show-type song)

#198 leestagurlose7en

leestagurlose7en

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:07 AM

^Reina likes body feels exit. ^o^ I used to sing that song a lot. I think koharu is also a fan and then for maki goto's audition, she sang I have never seen. Namie has a lot of artists that likes her. she's a great role model. I hope to see her release more singles this year. Btw, her b-day was on sunday. I made banners but i'll just post it up even though her b-day was on sunday. XD

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#199 leestagurlose7en

leestagurlose7en

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

News from Yahoo about namie! ^o^

Two days ago, a Chinese media company released the results from its 2009 Survey on Satisfaction of Public Image of Japanese Performing Celebrities. Japanese R&B and hip-hop singer Namie Amuro, 32, topped the poll with 906.96 points, surpassing Japan's pop princess Ayumi Hamasaki who ranks close.
Renowned Japanese animation artist, Hayao Miyazaki achieved 879.94 points, while Tanimura Shinji, Abe Hiroshi, Takenouchi Yukata, Utada Hikari, Norika Fujiwara, Sakata Tojuro and Takuya Kimura are all also placed in the top ten positions.

According to reports, this marks the first time a global survey is conducted based on the public's opinion of Japanese performing artistes. The survey results are a combination of the public's opinion and the influential levels of the artistes.

A fashion icon, Amuro continues to remain the media darling of the '90s generation. Her unwavering determination and continuous good album releases have earned her a spot in most people's hearts. From the results of the polls, majority of artistes listed in the top 10 positions belong to the 1970s generation such as Takuya Kimura, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Norika Fujiwara.

Congrats to namie!
Posted Image

#200 Azul

Azul

Bringing back Miyoshi.

• Senpai
  • 1241 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:35 AM

Thats great news! I'm so pleased for her.

I know exactly what they mean about "a place in our hearts"... from what she's experienced in her life she's always been on top, and I respect her so much for that :good:

I finally got a blog, so I can dump all my Jpop/Kpop/H!P rambles.
Last updated: 05/07/11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users