• Please log in to reply
1061 replies to this topic

#41 kagokawaii

kagokawaii

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:32 AM

A friend was always talking about jpop and MM and how great they were. I was curious, but never took it beyond that. Then one night he was at home and caught me on AIM and sent me The Peace vid. Watched it over and over and told him to send me more. He actually told me notto start down this path because once you start you can't stop. A new HD and MP3 player later I can say he was correct.

#42 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:40 AM

few years ago passed by a store and mm were on the huge tv so i just went in bought myself a copy of the vcd and which had music vids and some tv shows and went on from there. it was when goto maki entered mm. ^_^

#43 bontakun

bontakun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 05:10 PM

Aha...looks like I'm one of the old timers here than.

I was just introduced to j-pop, having been an anime fan for a while. Was actually looking for stuff by Sakai Noriko, but a certain website recommended I download and watch Love Machine. I actually grabbed the full version by chance, watched Maki wink at the clueless kid at the end, and the rest was history.

#44 ZiH

ZiH

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:15 AM

I tried to find on photo of the person(Yaguchi Mari), here is so and has found MM
I don't speak english, but understand =)

#45 tchenku_rms13

tchenku_rms13

6th gen member

• Uploader
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 02:40 AM

oOoOo

I was actually looking for some SES videos (K-pop) and stumbled across Love Revolution in my downloads dir. There it stayed untouched after only a quick glance; I didn't bother with it because it wasn't SES. I gave it another chance a long while later (never deleted it) and found it pretty interesting, catchy, etc.

So yeah.. the group and some things about them are pretty catchy heh. I guess I would be a quiet closet fan or something like that.. I'm not as crazy as those japanese guys ^_^
shift_Mikitty

#46 Ameme

Ameme

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:35 AM

Hey, this happened about four months ago~!! *totally embarrassed* XD

No, my friend sent be a live performance of Mr. Moonlight~Ai no Big Band~ and said I'd like it. I'd heard some of Morning Musume's stuff, I distinctly remember liking Sakura Mankai and Go Girl!~Koi no Victory~ ... anyway. I fell in love, they were just so awesome! She sent me the Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari PV directly after... and those two vids explain my fixation with Yossi as well... so I started hunting around for info.

I need so much more of it, too.... ;_; I am so very deprived. But I won't give up! Someday I will be as devoted a fan as some of you awesome folks!

Posted Image

"個性的な女とか好きですか先輩? // Do you like a girl that's an individual, Senpai?"

#47 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 05:42 AM

Heh, I'm finally making a post after YOU now Ameme!

Everyone was new to MM at some point, so no worries.

That's sooo cool. It was the PV for 'Mr. Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~' that got me. I accidentally found it on Kazaa. Somehow it popped up in a search I'd done. Although I don't really remember exactly what I was searching for. I do know it was J-music. Anyways, I thought the title sounded cool, and I was interested because of the big band part. So I thought I'd download it and watch it. I ended up becoming entranced by a certain girl in the video. I also thought it was just too cool and funny and very very entertaining. That was what started my interest in MM. ^_^

#48 TYPH

TYPH

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:01 AM

Well, lets see, Morning Musume. Actually I've known the name for about 2 years but never got around to check it out. My little brother liked it at some point, lost interest, and picked it up again. He told me to watch some of their stuff so I decided to scope it out because of his excitement (although he was drunk at the time he lend me stuff) . The Best of Japan Spring 2004 concert really caught my attention mainly because of the stage. More so I was impressed by the camera work and instrumentals... ^_^ it was weird because I didn't think about the girls until after I thought of all the other technicial stuff. And because of "Dear Boy", I ended up being interested because of my habit to like fast spaced music.
XD

#49 uglymale

uglymale

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 04:13 PM

starting from around the time of Happy Summer Wedding... they invaded Music Station and a lot of other variety programmes and had multiple subgroups on the same show at the same time. i'm talking about Pucchimoni, Tanpopo, Mini Moni.

... but, i believe it was Renai Revolution 21 that sealed my fate.

and they were always crazy... yeah so.. due to the relentless MM infusion overload.. i'm hooked now

#50 Scepter

Scepter

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:27 AM

It was a funny thing: I had heard some of their songs before (if I remember right, it was maybe even in MTV). I just thought "this sounds weird (but in a good way)". Then one day I was just chatting in one BBS, and I think it had a topic named something like "weirdest song you have heard". One post said Mini Moni Telephone Rin! Rin! Rin!, so I got curious about that song, so I listened to it. That guy had the song in a folder called "Japanese Stuff". Then I thought "I'll try getting some more". Then I got an album an I thought this stuff is great! Then I got more one song by one and one video by one and here I am ^_^ !
Risa Recommends:http://www.denness.net/scrobblersig/username/Citadel/labelcolor/6666FF/trackcolor/000000/backgroundcolor/#EEF1F6/backgroundtransparent/0.png
Posted Image
Yo. Please support my band :)

#51 Ameme

Ameme

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:52 AM

Heh, I'm finally making a post after YOU now Ameme!

Everyone was new to MM at some point, so no worries.

That's sooo cool. It was the PV for 'Mr. Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~' that got me. I accidentally found it on Kazaa. Somehow it popped up in a search I'd done. Although I don't really remember exactly what I was searching for. I do know it was J-music. Anyways, I thought the title sounded cool, and I was interested because of the big band part. So I thought I'd download it and watch it. I ended up becoming entranced by a certain girl in the video. I also thought it was just too cool and funny and very very entertaining. That was what started my interest in MM.

Ha haa! =D

Yes, yes, tis true, everyone has to start out a newbie, but it's so lame, because everyone has like... all of their PVs, all of this information on them... and I'm just like "doot doot doo... yea, I know what I'm talking about... :P *cough*

You know what's MASSIVELY sad is that I don't even have the actual Mr. Moonlight PV. *cries* I want it sooo.. the live version just hooked me so fast, everyone looks so awesome in it... and I was like "...Ooooh my gosh, who is that in the white suit?... Wow..." And the rest is history. Now that I have a lot of their music, I like them on a more general level, because their voices are so awesome, and they're so cute and full of energy and just.. COOL... Weh.

I want as many of their PVs as I can get, especially if Yossi's in them~~ ^_^

Posted Image

#52 UnseenShimmer

UnseenShimmer

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:07 PM

I had a general interest in a lot of things Japanese when I found a JPOP MTV stream on Winamp. Since then it has disappeared but it was most definitely responsible for introducing me to, quite possibly, the greatest thing to ever happen to me. Since then I have been addicted to downloading all the goodness, and watching it. (or listening ;p)

#53 DeRusto

DeRusto

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 11:43 AM

My discovery of Morning Musume was not through their music. During the beginning of 2004 I saw some Ayaka's english lessons through the Japanese binary newsgroups. I had no idea that they were singers as well. I didn't get all the Ayaka lessons back then, just grabbed some when I would run into them. Then in may I watched some Japanese tv show where Bob Sap (K1 fighter) appeared versus the Musume girls. It was hilarious. And I thought, hey, it's these girls again, they are very funny, must find more of these. So I went on a searching journey around the net. I downed lots of shows and some pvs. So I found out that they were singers as well and started to listen to it. And stuck around since. I like their songs but I like their entertainment value a lot more though.
So am I the only one that ran into them for the entertainment value without even the knowledge at that time that they were singers?
I wouldn't have stuck around if it hadn't been for Kago Ai and Yaguchi Mari though. They make everything a lot more fun.

Hey Zan, I found them pretty much the same way you did ^^;

On another forum I frequent there happens to be a member who mentions H!P in almost every post he makes no matter what the topic is x_x anyway.. one of the topics was about what TV show you can't miss an episode of and he said "Hello! Morning." On a whim, I decided to search and download an episode just to see what he was talking about for once and I instantly became addicted to Mari x_x :good: After I figured out what her name was I decided to download things about her and mostly got Ayaka's English Lessons :P Those were a riot and I became even more interested in these girls. Still had absolutely no idea these girls were singers, though. Later on the same guy who got me started posted a link to download the "Mini Moni Telephone! Ring Ring Ring" PV and I was hooked for good :P

This was..hmm, May 2004 I think.
Posted Image

#54 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:34 PM

I think i first heard of mm on a swedish tv-documentary about japanese music maybe a year or two ago. They were described as the mainstream pop of japan as opposed to many new thinkers in the modern japanese music scene. I think they showed a clip from Ai araba and I was like 'har har :lol: there's so many of them! that can't be good music'. well...... when I acctually got a chance to see some pv's and hear some music I got hooked.

A main factor was ayaka's totsugeki eikawa though. Zandar, I totally agree with you that they are really interesting as entertainers, not only for their music.

#55 Tristasusen

Tristasusen

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:14 AM

I would listen to Winamp JPOP Video Stream, and I saw a Tanpopo PV and I feel in love. I just liked Tanpopo cause I had no clue there was a Morning Musume. So then I was in a Japanese Music store in NYC and I saw a CD with Tanpopo in it, and it had all these other girls. So I bought that CD, which was Petit Best 3. and Afterward, I just fell in Love with every girl in Hello Project.

#56 thebearot

thebearot

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 05:26 AM

i became regular MM weekly show watcher when i saw the "Sexy Pose" part last year where reina and the other 6th generation member were doing the cute poses. From there on, i was really interested in seeing reina on the show. Only until last nov. after I watched the live performance of "Sakura Mankai" had i been really sucked into MM. I am now collecting all the hello morning videos, photobooks, PV, Musics etc. :lol: My fav. MM character - Mari, Reina, Takashi? and Rika.

#57 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 06:57 AM

I think I just downloaded a whole bunch of live JPop stuff, and the first one was Sakura Mankai and I loved it XD So I looked around for more! x_x

#58 Noemi

Noemi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:18 AM

Man, after reading all those I feel like such an old timer.. XD
The first time I've HEARD MM was on Hippare when Folder5 did Love Machine.. I thought it was their song (I missed the begining where they give the original artist) so I started looking for F5 songs.. When I didn't find LM on any of the F5 downloads I kind of gave up on it.. And then there was the fameous Utaban with Mari in the locker.. That hooked me up on Utaban.. But because it was MiniMoni preforming I didn't really got interested.. Then I found some more Utaban's with MM in it and I was all HEY! I KNOW THOSE GIRLS! x_x And I saw some preformances and then came the H!M era.. And since then I've been around.. XD

#59 Ameme

Ameme

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:58 AM

Man, after reading all those I feel like such an old timer..  XD

You're LUCKY, though! I wish I'd found out about Morning Musume a long time ago, then I'd have a better collection. =D

Then again, I'd probably be dirt broke, too, and my folks would have combusted with irritation. x_x

Posted Image

#60 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:47 AM

Ameme  Posted on Jan 22 2005, 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Noemi @ Jan 22 2005, 03:18 PM)
I wish I'd found out about Morning Musume a long time ago, then I'd have a better collection. =D

Then again, I'd probably be dirt broke, too, and my folks would have combusted with irritation. c20.gif

hehe agree with you there Ameme i'm totally poor now and haven't bought anything since roman my dear boy.i started buying stuff when 4th gen came in so yeah dirt poor now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users