• Please log in to reply
1061 replies to this topic

#21 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:19 PM

i got curious about them... coz every forum there was thread for them and i had no idea who they were..... i downloaded Happy summer wedding but didn?Lt liked it very much... them i got renai revolution 21 and just loved it.....

it was when Maki was graduating...... but i never get really into MM... i like them a lot and i?Lm a fan... but not so addicted.... that?Ls i?Lm usually lost about MM and H!P news... XD :P

You have got company in me~ XD
I am usually lost on them too~

#22 Jacky

Jacky

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 05:56 PM

i learned of morning musume back in 98 when i lived in japan. i liked a few of their songs but never got really into it until my girlfirend showed me a clip of ayaya. she was my favorite but i wasnt into morning musume until i saw yaguchi's love hello on vietnam last summer. i instantly started to adore her character and from there i was hooked on mm and its members.

#23 rob

rob

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 464 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 06:28 PM

knowing morning musume lead to me learning japanese and meeting my wife!

haha, MM really does have a huge impact on one's life, hey rob^ didn't know you were married XD anyways congratulation~

thanks, yeh im half japanese now! how weird! hehe

we are moving to japan in october, i cant wait to leave this stink hole of a country! haha.

thanks again XD

777 - Follow Blog! Project on twitter! - https://twitter.com/blog_project

#24 wakuwaku

wakuwaku

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:19 PM

I discovered when last year my relatives (mainly my mom and my uncle) forced me and my cousin to look for enka songs on the internet, while we were trying to find those things we started to remember some japanese songs we heard when we were little, and searched for Shabondama and Kazaa found the Morning Musume's Shabondama XD

But I got hooked in H!P in general when I was searching for anime singles and ended up at PMMT and downloaded Maki's PRISM PB XD
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ぐるぐる回る♪♪ ぐるぐる回る♪♪

#25 W4ever

W4ever

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 09:45 PM

I saw a performance of Happy Summer Wedding on television. Didn't pay much attention then, but kept running accross video files online and got sucked into H!P world. XD

#26 starrynight

starrynight

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 06:39 PM

I saw them on Hey!x3 performing Roman. I didn't really care for them in the beginning, but I thought the song they sang was pretty good. Then, I saw them on Hey!x3 again. I decided to chekc them out, and that's how I got caught in this madness.

#27 matsu

matsu

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 08:06 PM

i went to japan for a week with the japanese club. one of my friends bought mr. moonlight. at first, i didn't like it, but it got stuck in my head. my interest grew from then on.

#28 bonta kun

bonta kun

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:36 AM

A friend was rambling on and on about them and the "I Wish" single.

#29 arian

arian

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 08:07 AM

If my memory serves me right, I was searching for some more information (or for some more music, I can't really remember) about Utada Hikaru on a general Jpop website when I saw pictures and some information on MM.

I got interested reading about who they were and what they were part of, I then started searching and downloading their music and PV's, the first one being 「LOVEマシーン」. So, it was really due to MM that I got into H!P as a whole.

#30 Aco

Aco

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 12:59 PM

haha....! i came across them in 2000 wen i was kazza'ing on the net, and was searching 4 ayumi PVs then i saw a title that had Morning Musume on it. Since it looked soo interesting i thoguht i might aswel download it, n then 2 my suprise it was Renai Revolution. ^_^

Then i was like !----------- WOW ---------- ^^;

n then i found myself constantly humming the tune or playing in my head for the nx 2 weeks.
eventually i got off them as i lost interest after a while, n then 1 day wen i was really realy bored in 2003 and thought hey mite aswel see whats happening, i searched 4 them n then found, Do it Now, i was like ! WHOA they all grown up, (maki n nacchi stunned me, and Hey ! arent they the girls frm Mr.moonlite. they grown up x_x)
x_x BUt theN! THE ULtIMATE KILLER came, GO-Gir KOi no victory, n i couldnt stop grinning 2myself, n then i found PMM tracker n HM- n thats how the snowball grew in2 a avalache.

As like other ppl, i am 24/7 MM, n i think, i at least think about them 30-40times a day.
VANILJ DROMMAR :)

#31 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 03:16 PM

The way I discovered Morning Musume was through a mag I subscribed to, about two years ago. There was this article about "a girl group with 13 members", and I thought; hmmm, girl group with 13 members, I'd better check this out... So I went to friend and searched the word JPop on KaZaa and ended up with this one PV "Go Girl! Koi No Victory" ^_^ Needless to say, I fell in love with everything about this group. Instantly.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#32 Zunu

Zunu

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 04:46 PM

I saw a performance of Happy Summer Wedding on television. Didn't pay much attention then, but kept running accross video files online and got sucked into H!P world.  ^_^

I also saw the PV of HSW on a Korean video show that used to come on. At the time, I didn't know who they were or even what language (I think I thought they were Thai or something). Around that same time I got into downloading Ranma 1/2 episodes, and from there, Serial Experiments: Lain, then boa, then jpop. And I'd run into articles and web pages about MM, and I was like, jeez, how stupid, thirteen girls...but soccerchic10 kept playing this "Tanpopo" song on her "Non Stop JPOP" Live365 radio show, and I loved it. By the time I realized that Tanpopo and MM were related, it was too late, I was already hooked.

#33 SecretAznMan

SecretAznMan

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 08:31 PM

For me it was Ayaka's Surprise English Lessons. I had just started downloading dramas from d-addicts after they stopped the movies and it became apparent that many of them were raws so I figured I should at least try to pick up a few words to at least try to understand. So after seeing that Ueta Aya's tennis show was not subtitled and looking for subs for that and info about her I found womby's tracker and saw the Ayaka's surprise english lessons. So I downloaded the first one which was Aibon and the I think I'm buzzin episode. I was hooked after that, I did not know who Morning Musume was I just knew that Ayaka was easy on my eyes and the girls she was surprising were making me laugh my ass off. So a couple of months and close to a hundred of the lessons later, I crossed that line and downloaded one of their songs which was "Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari " {sp} then after that some of their shows and ever since then I can't get enough of them.

#34 marimari

marimari

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:21 AM

i found Mari imitating Ayumi, i was in love since i saw that video. Its been two years since then
Risa! Risa! Risa! Risa! Risa! Risa! Risa! Risa! Risa! Risa! Risa! Risa!

^------ My brother wrote that, I won't change it ^^

#35 kanibaru

kanibaru

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:00 AM

Blame anime.

I got into Sailor Moon again after like 4 years (around '03) and I was searching for sites about that. I stumbled across j-fan. I joined the BBS and I got really into it. But I wanted to get into the J-pop chat so I d/led some Utada and Hamasaki. Then I found "Morning Musume" and it just stuck in my head. Soon, when my mind was blank I just checked for more MoMusu files. I originally thought that HAPPY SUMMER WEDDING was scary and creepy, but now it's just okay. ( ^_^ )

And the sub groups because of people who labeled the files as "Morning Musume - Mini Moni - Telephone Ring Ring Ring!" and the like.

Posted Image

#36 reirei

reirei

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:33 AM

I was a big fan of L'arc~en~Ciel (am still a fan, but not big), and I bought numerous jpop mag about them, and came across Morning Musume. It caught my interest because of the number of girls, and after watching them perform Love Machine on Kouhaku, I liked them instantly and begin to slowly listen to more of their music~

#37 Shantastic

Shantastic

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 05:17 AM

I'm another one of those who attached the "dirty old man" stigma to MoMusu. I knew of them from watching Hey!3, but thought they were all about quantity over quality. This was around the time of "Renai Revolution." Then my friend had a box of MM videotapes lent to him by another friend. We were a bit skeptical at first, but decided to give them a try. Included in the box was the MM PS2 game recorded onto VHS, MM in Hawaii (still one of my favorites,) Yuko's graduation concert, and a bunch more. After that, we were hooked. Damn you, Tsunku!
Posted Image

#38 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:59 AM

i got to know them while telling my sis not to look at them ^_^
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#39 Lokokl

Lokokl

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 11:32 PM

very simple...

i know mm about 4 years ago.. but i didnt pay attention to them.. i was actually making fun of them because of the group's size and the graduation.. and also because i wasnt interested in j-pop.

until i found SPEED. and i bought a vcd. where it had "do it now" PV. i loved ai takahashi at that time.. and finally following them until now.. but i dont like takahashi anymore.. ^_^

#40 Chr0n0

Chr0n0

7th gen member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:07 AM

My friend introduced me to MM by showing me Koi no Dance Site PV in early 2000's, and it still ranks as one of the weirdest PV I ever see till this day, but in a great way nonetheless arrr
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
~人間玩具Chr0n0~
Founder & Scanner, DPG
Translator & Procastrinator, Mangaproject
Timer & Encoder & Tea Server, HPS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users