• Please log in to reply
1061 replies to this topic

#1 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:40 PM

I actually came across them by complete fluke. When i was on holiday in Japan back in November one morning on the radio (not even sure what station it was) they played the morning Musume track Namida Ga Tomarani Houkago. I had no idea at th time who they were or what the track was called. Ok i guessed it was Namida Ga but that was about it. I totally fell for one of th girls voices in the record who i eventually found out was Asami Konno. Dont seem to get alot of her in other records. I never did mangae to track the cd of it down but managed to get it once back from Japan. The odd thing was in on of the book stores i actually bought Asami Konnos photobook. So that was good anyway. So it was chance alone that i found them if i didt have the radio on that morning i still would probanbly never of heard of them. Well actually i probably would after all i had heard of Aya Maatsuura and shes clearly connected to them and i picked up a few of her photobooks and DvDs when there. Anyway how did you discover them ?

#2 boykun

boykun

たまねぎ!!

• Senpai
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:55 AM

my friend intorduced me to i wish. i liked the song and started doing some research.

actually i knew about them for a while.. but didnt want to get into h!p or anything like that because of the amount of members in the group. there were too many.. i woulda gotten confused.. ahaha.

i eventually found jpop.com.. where there was the 'history of morning musume' by the late momusurocks. i slowly started to learn everything after that..

i just got into morning musume shortly after nacchi graduated.

2001-2005 ..good days.. good times.

Posted Image
breakfast time . wallpaper.download

#3 kensou

kensou

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 03:02 AM

i have heard about Morning Musume a long time ago, maybe around 98'.
But i never really look at who they are, all i knew was it's a japanese group of whole bunch of very young girls, so that leaves me a impression that i'd be a pervert if i like 'em.
but then one day when i do my 8 hours a day internet browsing routine, i found a picture of Kago Ai, then i went like, man, it must be nice to have a little sister like her (some kind of paedophilia that many CG artists shared...but i am light on it! :sob: )
so i start to spent a few more minutes with the musumes, and then i discover Goto Maki! oh man! instantly i don't care how people think of me anymore~ i'm gonna be their fan!! :sob:
and that's just the beginning, my love for them doubles when i find out about Fujimoto Miki!! man, she is just my type of girl, with them in H!P, i just went super crazy about them :sob: :D
so that's how it all started... very soon i was able to remember all their names and stuff, many other members are also so lovely, like Rika, Asami, Reina and many others, it just became my most favorite jpop group :good:

#4 lumow

lumow

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 03:43 AM

I listened to Ayumi Hamasaki and came across a live performance with her and Maki performing Uwasa no Sexy Guy. Did some researching on Goto and well, now I'm stuck... :sob:

#5 Kaitou1412

Kaitou1412

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:18 AM

first got to know about this group back in 99 when they were on some music shows that SPEED was in...(i was a huge SPEED fan back then...) and then really got more into them when I was in japan in 00' and saw their Happy Summer Wedding PV...

#6 sh33p

sh33p

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:11 AM

hah, i heard of em a looong time ago, but like boykun, i didnt wanna get confused so never really gotten into them.

until, that is, the HEAVY influence of my friend, and did i say HEAVY :sob:
Posted Image
WAHAHAHAHA
KEEP-SMILING: Nami Tamaki Fan Club <--join =D

#7 rob

rob

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:30 AM

hi everyone, i wonder how many of you know me already, my first post here, and already this forum seems much more friendly than others i could mention! ahem! hehe

i discovered morning musume from a good friend who sent me the renai revolution 21 pv, at the time i was a oasis and beer kinda guy, so my transformation to jpop loving guy iam now is really huge, i loved them at first sight especially yaguchi!! love love!!

also, knowing morning musume lead to me learning japanese and meeting my wife! amazing how these things happen isnt it. :sob:

777 - Follow Blog! Project on twitter! - https://twitter.com/blog_project

#8 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:57 AM

I bought their cd-s and found it to be quite nice...
Also..Love machine was such a big hit those days that its hard to ignore them...

#9 erichuuu

erichuuu

erizabeth kyamei XDD

• Senpai
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:20 AM

knowing morning musume lead to me learning japanese and meeting my wife!

haha, MM really does have a huge impact on one's life, hey rob^ didn't know you were married :sob: anyways congratulation~
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Suetsumuhana

Suetsumuhana

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:02 AM

I was always a big fan of Gackt, and I was downloading video clips of him in it when I found the one where he and Kago go on a "date" on some television show. It was hilarious. :sob: But it was a few more months before I happened to download one of their music videos. I think it was Happy Summer Wedding, and I remember staring at the computer screen with a @.@ sort of face wondering how there could be so many of them.
If you told me then that the group would get even bigger and that I would become such a fan I would actually be able to tell them all apart I'm not sure I would have believed you. :D

#11 noodles

noodles

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:14 AM

i was looking through a pv site looking for some pvs when i happened to come across screenshots of Aisha Loan de.........i thought to myself what in the hell is this.......hmmmmmm....ok......it has some cute girls maybe ill give it a run :D ....then bam found myself humming the Aisha Loan de tune a couple of hours later.....so i sez to myself...ok...ok....nothing to be worried about.....so its a little catchy......itll be gone by tomorrow......but to my suprise tomorrow was the day i find the Go Girl! ~Koi no VICTORY~ (Kokuhaku taisakusen) pv.....and well........everybody knows theres no defence against all those close ups with them saying :D.....i was hit with MM at MMs full force.......from then on out i went on dling rampage.....24/7 MM/H!P stuff.......and that began my journey to the MM/H!P world.

who knew Aisha Loan de would be my downfall.....damn Aisha Loan de......damn Go Girl! ~Koi no VICTORY~.....damn cute girls and their catchy songs......curse you tsunku.....curse you and aya's little dog tomato too :sob:

yes.....indeed..........i........am........noodles........and.......i.......am........a.........MM/H!P addict

MM, H!P, and tsunku pwned me :huh:
Am I suppose to sign on the dotted line or by the X?

#12 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:34 PM

Let's see. Last April I was in a lan party. I had listened to a lot of anime music and then I noticed one friend sharing some j-pop and I decided to give it a try. I downloaded 2-3 gigs of j-pop and pv's that night. And then the next day I started to listen to what I had gotten. There was two first albums from MM and they came to be my second favourite j-pop artist after ayumi. After that ayumi has dropped down on my favourites and MM and other H!P artist have gotten the number one place :D

yeah, and like noodles there, I am a H!P addict now :sob:

Internet killed common sense.

#13 velven

velven

Official Maiko's BBQ

• Senpai
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:42 PM

mmm...a few years ago... i had MusicStation as a late night show on TV, got to know and actually see many J.artists because of it... one of my fav is MM :huh:
but unfortunately, after a while the show stopped..... :D and so has my info of them...
* :D the last time i saw them... Maki goto was still in MM...hehe, but now with this forum i can start catching up :sob:

#14 what_is_the_matrix

what_is_the_matrix

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:49 PM

The exact day was December 31, 2000. Saw them on the Kouhaku Utagassen singing Happy Summer Wedding, Love Machine, and I Wish. It was like a drug. Went on Napster and downloaded everything that I could find.

That's probably the only reason I kept those Kouhaku tapes.

Matrix

#15 Zandar

Zandar

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:48 PM

My discovery of Morning Musume was not through their music. During the beginning of 2004 I saw some Ayaka's english lessons through the Japanese binary newsgroups. I had no idea that they were singers as well. I didn't get all the Ayaka lessons back then, just grabbed some when I would run into them. Then in may I watched some Japanese tv show where Bob Sap (K1 fighter) appeared versus the Musume girls. It was hilarious. And I thought, hey, it's these girls again, they are very funny, must find more of these. So I went on a searching journey around the net. I downed lots of shows and some pvs. So I found out that they were singers as well and started to listen to it. And stuck around since. I like their songs but I like their entertainment value a lot more though.
So am I the only one that ran into them for the entertainment value without even the knowledge at that time that they were singers?
I wouldn't have stuck around if it hadn't been for Kago Ai and Yaguchi Mari though. They make everything a lot more fun.
If it ain't Musume, I don't want it.
Posted Image
by courtesy of Lainay.

#16 ojisan74

ojisan74

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:12 PM

Somewhere in 2001 I saw a clip of them. Now I know it was from Hello! Morning. I loved Yaguchi as soon as I saw her, she's so little and cute and funny. I was already into Ayumi and grabbing files from [AHS] and found a ton of H!P clips so that began my transformation to a dirty old man...
Posted Image

#17 ~Tettekete~

~Tettekete~

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:59 PM

I download Roman~My Dear Boy~ and i liked this song. Then i dl the PV and found a magnificent Takahashi :sob: .
Then i take Sakuragumi song and loved the Sakura Mankai with a very cute Takahashi
Posted Image

#18 ranker

ranker

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:23 AM

i knew aya firstly. then morning girls. :sob:

#19 noodles

noodles

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:55 PM

so that began my transformation to a dirty old man...

yup thats the power of MM.....they turn old men into DIRTY old men XD
Am I suppose to sign on the dotted line or by the X?

#20 ZONElover

ZONElover

Always my goddess !!!!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:20 PM

i got curious about them... coz every forum there was thread for them and i had no idea who they were..... i downloaded Happy summer wedding but didn?Lt liked it very much... them i got renai revolution 21 and just loved it.....

it was when Maki was graduating...... but i never get really into MM... i like them a lot and i?Lm a fan... but not so addicted.... that?Ls i?Lm usually lost about MM and H!P news... XD XD
Maiko, Tomoka, Miyu, Mizuho and Takayo - We will always love you !!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users