4012 replies to this topic

#21 Orn

Orn

Ai em new here plz help me

• Kouhai
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:30 PM

Do you want tickets? XD

sure do,and also could you add a airline ticket along with a 5-star accommodation :wub: <3 ^_^ ^^; XD XD XD

#22 yoshikix

yoshikix

ちょこっと Love

• Senpai
  • 680 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:25 PM

Do you want tickets? :D

sure do,and also could you add a airline ticket along with a 5-star accommodation :P :( :) :D :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

i could help you with the GP tickets, but airline and accommodation you're on your own :D

Posted Image

"Statistics is like a bikini, what is revealed is suggestive, but what is concealed is vital."

#23 Orn

Orn

• Kouhai
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:40 PM

okay thanx anyway :c03: :P :( :) :D :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :D :D :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
GANJA SPAM!

#24 Perazon

Perazon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:29 AM

Okay, yesterday, I received an unexpected call from a job which I applied for. They asked me to come
in the next day. I was pretty happy because I was going to work again. So last night, I got
everything ready; all my paperwork, clothes, backpack and cut my hair to look more professional.
Then I realized that I had no ride there, so I go to Orange Counties Bus route website to plan a trip.
Did that, and studied where I needed to go.

Next day (today), I'm all set and I walk to the bus stop. While waiting, that's when heat was starting to
get to me. Not only that, but air was pretty humid. Anyways, I get on the bus and ride for 35-40 minutes.
I then exit and start going to stores asking for directions because I seemed to be lost. A nice lady printed
out a map and showed me how to take a shortcut. The thing is, I had to climb up a bridge and back down
in order to get to my destination. I do that, then walk for another 30-40 minutes. I'm finally there, I get a hold
of the supervisor who had called me. We talk for about 20 minutes just for him to end the conversation by
notifying me that I was not hired.

Distraught by the news, I had to walk all the way back to my bus stop in the heat, take another 40 minutes ride
in the bus packed with strangers. Therefore, I was standing for half the trip. Finally got off the bus and made it home.
Now I'm here, dripping in sweat (which is partially my fault for wearing all black all the time), and all bummed out to
find out that Maki has started her new career in becoming a chimney.

This would have been so much easier if that damn supervisor would have just told me on the phone that I was not hired.

#25 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:55 AM

I was banned a few days ago from my university network because my university received a notice from "an outside source" saying that I was sharing copyrighted data. The official notice said I had "violated DMCA copyrights". I don't see why this "outside source" (RIAA, or MPAA maybe?) would have a beef with me though, considering that the only tracker I use is the one on this site, and I haven't downloaded any american music or movies for over 4 years. Some people from my school came and confiscated my computer, and said that I would only be allowed back on the network if I were to format my computer (and pay them $100 for doing it), and have a long chat with the system admin. I was told that I had been caught sharing copyrighted material over bittorent by an outside corporation, and they had notified my school of my IP address. I wasn't allowed to see this "notice" though. :sly:

I argued as much as I could, but in the end I had no choice but to comply, since I live on campus, and I need the internet to do my schoolwork. I also am in the middle of doing a major project with engineering software that is loaded only on the school computers, and I had been banned from those computers as well. I ended up losing over 700GB of H!P videos and files... I really should have backed up all of my stuff on DVDs. Needless to say I'm hugely pissed off since I have no idea what I was banned for, and I lost all of my H!P data (and $100). Our net admin is a net nazi, and would probably go to the extent of trying to get me suspended from school if I didn't agree to format my computer and pay the "service fee", so I decided I would rather have my computer formatted than fail my classes or get suspended/expelled from university. On one bright side of this whole incident, at least it seems they haven't put a cap on my bandwidth speed or amount, since I am currently downloading videos from stage6 like a madman. I haven't tried bittorent yet since I got back on the network 2 days ago, I'm still trying to figure out what happened before I try and use torrents again.

Besides all of that, I also failed a midterm today. :(

I hope next week is better... ^^;
Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#26 Ego

Ego

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:10 AM

How can they take your computer you own it don't you?

#27 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:36 AM

How can they take your computer you own it don't you?

Yeah, exactly my thought. They said that I could have it back (without doing anything to it, or paying the fee), but the consequences were that I would not be allowed back on the network. I seriously think my school is breaking the law here, and I talked to the student services about it, but they don't give a shit. It feels like my room on campus isn't even mine at times, since they search all the rooms in the dorms during winter and spring break while people are gone to try and find "contraband". I am trying to get more information on who "reported" me, and once I figure it all out, I will decide whether to bring it to the attention of someone in high authority.

What's done has been done though, and I don't want to burn any bridges by pissing some powerful people off and regretting it later.
Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#28 HPworshiper13

HPworshiper13

Killing time murders opportunities

• Senpai
  • 471 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:40 AM

^Shit you've got some mighty patience there ^^; If I were you i'd probably attack someone hahaha
~!Touhou FTW!~ Posted Image ~!Touhou FTW!~

#29 Ego

Ego

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:07 AM

If they took my computer which I owned and started deleting stuff that belonged to me. They would have hell to pay. I've been hearing alot of stuff about how they have been treating college students all over the country like they're little kids. Someone needs to do something about it.

#30 Perazon

Perazon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:15 AM

@zeroyon,

Geez, your story makes mine look like a stroll in the park. 700gb? Good grief...good frikkin' grief. That's a lot of
material lost that probably took load of time to get. And to think that it was all gone in 10 minutes maybe. You
have my pity. I once suffered from a system crash, losing lots of H!P material, myself. So I can understand how it feels
when I think about how much time I spent on those files. What's worse is the thought oh retrieving them. ^^;

#31 Iselore

Iselore

^新垣里沙^

• Senpai
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:01 AM

wow i would have beat the crap out of them if they took my computer without telling me why..

#32 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

The 3rd Knight of Reina Revolution 07 Elite Moon Knight Brigade

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:02 PM

Today was Parent Teacher meeting day and I was totally screwed >.< All my "criminal records" were taken out of the closet >.< I was just officially grounded from my computer until I see improvement from my grades :unsure: Oh well...
Posted Image
:おつかれいなぁ~(●^ v ^●)

#33 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

Just found out that youtube removed the videos sorting by Most Recent, Most Viewed and Most Discussed

LOOK, YOU FUCKTUBE RETARDED BASTARDS, IF SOMETHING AIN'T BROKE, THERE'S NO NEED TO FIX IT TILL IT DOES
:whistle:

#34 Billie Poynter

Billie Poynter

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

There would be hell to pay if someone snatched my computer from me and deleted things. It would be time to bring out the hammer!

#35 yoshikix

yoshikix

ちょこっと Love

• Senpai
  • 680 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:28 PM

long day at work, basically to sum it up, organisers screwed me, i screwed manager, manager screwed assistant manager, assistant manager screwed supervisor, supervisor screwed captain, captain screwed staff, staff bangs head on the wall! So much for the chain of command. :whistle:

Posted Image

"Statistics is like a bikini, what is revealed is suggestive, but what is concealed is vital."

#36 Orn

Orn

• Kouhai
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

^shit man,was everybody at work stoned or somethin including you? :rolleyes:

#37 yoshikix

yoshikix

ちょこっと Love

• Senpai
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:45 AM

^shit man,was everybody at work stoned or somethin including you? :whistle:

long day indeed, let's hope today will be better! :P

Posted Image

#38 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:56 AM

Didn't know about the Stats Midterm that was scheduled for today lol
So I didn't have my formula sheet and Calculator

Walked in and was like WTF?

Told the professor so I have to take the makeup midterm on March 12th :/ o wellz not too bad but meh lol

#39 ReiNa.than

ReiNa.than

♥田中れいな♥

• Senpai
  • 1295 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:39 AM

Stupid train made me get home 40 minutes late...traffic was backed up so far.
Follow me ~@LinkFlames

#40 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:56 AM

Well my "bad day" doesn't even close to some of the others but...I'm doing really bad in chemistry (a low C, really bad for me since I'm apparently supposed to be an "A student") and I have a test tomorrow....Oh and my mom threatened to take away my laptop if I have anything lower than a B- by 3rd quarter so...I'll have to work (Oh how I hate chemistry)
Other than that...look at my post on the "Is H!P a big secret?" thread (Under general H!P chat) to see my other bad thing of the day (actually I'm not to sad about this, just laughing) Read my post for that story (yeah I'm forcing you all to move to another topic because I know you're all so anxious to here my problems LOL). Just kiddin... anyways I went to my account on Zelda Universe Forums and made a topic on Morning Musume to see if there were any fans there and well....bad reactions....I quoted those on the "Is H!P a big secret?" thread so go there if you want to see the "negative reactions". LOL...it's actually pretty funny to see what people think of MM.
And thus ends another post that went way off topic...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users