• Please log in to reply
1044 replies to this topic

#21 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:16 PM

It Seems Official. Veoh has gone back to their Original File Download Format system again. :(

Here's their announcement on their forum: http://forums.veoh.c...pic.php?t=12294

I find on veoh that sometimes the good quality AVI files sometimes play really strangely. The play fine, then suddenly freeze for like 10 seconds, the mouth and picture are out of sync then picture speeds up then everythings fine again. Strange!

It's hard to say if it's the videofile that's the problem or your video player and graphic card. I have several videoplayers other than WMP (VLC player, MPC, zplayer, K-multimedia player, etc) and I use them all on occasion to play certain video files. WMP (Windows Media Player) tends to be a clunky player that doesn't play alot of my videofiles smoothly. I'd first try downloading and installing these other players (which are all free) and see if you're still having this problem.

#22 Honki

Honki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:06 PM

It Seems Official. Veoh has gone back to their Original File Download Format system again. :good:

Here's their announcement on their forum: http://forums.veoh.c...pic.php?t=12294

I find on veoh that sometimes the good quality AVI files sometimes play really strangely. The play fine, then suddenly freeze for like 10 seconds, the mouth and picture are out of sync then picture speeds up then everythings fine again. Strange!

It's hard to say if it's the videofile that's the problem or your video player and graphic card. I have several videoplayers other than WMP (VLC player, MPC, zplayer, K-multimedia player, etc) and I use them all on occasion to play certain video files. WMP (Windows Media Player) tends to be a clunky player that doesn't play alot of my videofiles smoothly. I'd first try downloading and installing these other players (which are all free) and see if you're still having this problem.

I personally use the CCCP pack (Combined Community Codec Pack - it installs MPC and zplayer, but also comes with a whole set of codecs. After installation, I've yet to find a video file it can't play smoothly.

Episodes 1 and 2 have been uploaded.

#23 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:14 AM

^ nice recommendation ;)
I think I might even try this myself. (Even though I already have the zplayer and MPC, it might improve some playback issues I occasionally have. And this zplayer they have is more advanced and updated than the one I have.). My suspicions about fin179's playback issues is with the videoplayer he's using and not with the videofile itself. I get same kind of audio/video not in sync issues, freezing up of video, etc, etc, when trying to play large high-framerate/high-quality videofiles with WMP. But things tend to play smoothly on the zplayer and MPC.

btw, are you able to easily control and adjust the color/hue/contrast with the version of the MPC player they have in this pack? That's one of the complaints I've had with the MPC, i.e. not having easily adjustable color/hue/contrast controls. The zplayer at least has these features.

#24 Honki

Honki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:16 AM

^ nice recommendation ^^;
I think I might even try this myself. (Even though I already have the zplayer and MPC, it might improve some playback issues I occasionally have. And this zplayer they have is more advanced and updated than the one I have.). My suspicions about fin179's playback issues is with the videoplayer he's using and not with the videofile itself. I get same kind of audio/video not in sync issues, freezing up of video, etc, etc, when trying to play large high-framerate/high-quality videofiles with WMP. But things tend to play smoothly on the zplayer and MPC.

btw, are you able to easily control and adjust the color/hue/contrast with the version of the MPC player they have in this pack? That's one of the complaints I've had with the MPC, i.e. not having easily adjustable color/hue/contrast controls. The zplayer at least has these features.

Unfortunately, I can't find the color/hue/contrast controls on the MPC player. Though, I'm interested in knowing why you would change the color, hue, and contrast? For the old videos? I'm not familiar with tweaking playback...

As for fin179's problem, you can always try to 1) turn off background processes, such as internet browsers, 2) check for viruses and spyware, 3) actually resize the video to a smaller size, or 4) set the process (ctrl-alt-del, Processes tab or right-click the player under Applications tab and select Go to Process, right-click process, and set priority to High; don't tweak anything else). As matadesuyo8 has said, the video file shouldn't be the problem unless it already stutters while streaming on veoh's own website; then it might be a file problem.

#25 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:36 AM

Unfortunately, I can't find the color/hue/contrast controls on the MPC player. Though, I'm interested in knowing why you would change the color, hue, and contrast? For the old videos? I'm not familiar with tweaking playback...

You've gotta be kidding me, right? :) Depending on the vids you play, your favorite idol's skin tone might look ok in some videos, but looks horrible in other vids. I mean, it doesn't please me too much when i open up a videofile and see my favorite idol like Nakazawa Yuko or Ayaya looking like some dark orange pumpkin.<3. So I like to tweek things to my satisfaction. Some vids have too much color saturation, too much red or green hue, not enough contrast, brightness levels too low or too high, etc, etc. Heck, in this day and age it's pretty much a 'must have' with all the various videos out there with varying degrees of video quality. If you go to any forums that discuss various videoplayers, that's usually the number one complaint you hear about MPC players. (The VLC player was supposed to be the solution to MPC since it has these controls, but it doesn't always play files as well as the MPC). In any case, I guess the zplayer could be set up as the default player since it has these features.

#26 Honki

Honki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:20 AM

You've gotta be kidding me, right? :) Depending on the vids you play, your favorite idol's skin tone might look ok in some videos, but looks horrible in other vids. I mean, it doesn't please me too much when i open up a videofile and see my favorite idol like Nakazawa Yuko or Ayaya looking like some dark orange pumpkin.:P. So I like to tweek things to my satisfaction. Some vids have too much color saturation, too much red or green hue, not enough contrast, brightness levels too low or too high, etc, etc. Heck, in this day and age it's pretty much a 'must have' with all the various videos out there with varying degrees of video quality. If you go to any forums that discuss various videoplayers, that's usually the number one complaint you hear about MPC players. (The VLC player was supposed to be the solution to MPC since it has these controls, but it doesn't always play files as well as the MPC). In any case, I guess the zplayer could be set up as the default player since it has these features.

Heh. I guess I've been so used to watching old videos of both MM and other things, that it doesn't really bother me. I'll look into how it works. You have any advice? <3

Sorry guys for the slow uploads - I accidentally closed the upload browser three times today. -_-

#27 SD - マイケル

SD - マイケル

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:57 PM

Stage6 is going to shut down. Link
Posted Image

#28 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:52 PM

^ yeah. I saw you mention this in the other HM thread about stage6. Good thing veoh is back to their original system again. Nice timing for veoh I guess.

Heh. I guess I've been so used to watching old videos of both MM and other things, that it doesn't really bother me. I'll look into how it works. You have any advice? :)

I guess just make the zplayer as the default player since it has these easy adjust/control functions.

#29 xiahou_yuan

xiahou_yuan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1997 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:05 PM

OMG, I really have to hurry on getting More H!M episodes :)
if Stage6 closes down, and Veoh goes back to flv files I'm screwed :lol:.
Dammit, got to hhurry and start downloading everything from Stage6 starting today !! ( Stupid download limits in my country >< ) i hope someone else has his hands on the stage6 goodies and could upload somewhere else? :D
Posted Image

#30 Honki

Honki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:53 PM

Just to let you guys know that I'm still updating, just not exactly posting.
Edit: Episodes 116, 117, 118 have been uploaded.
Edit: Episodes 119, 120, 121 have been uploaded.
Edit: Episodes 122, 123, 124, 125 have been uploaded.
Edit: Episodes 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 have been uploaded.

#31 xiahou_yuan

xiahou_yuan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1997 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:55 PM

erm maybe you could upload all the subbed episodes first and do the unsubbed later? ( I know it might be confusing that way ) but it might be a difference if more episodes got subbed so you don't need to reupload them :P . but erm whatever :D do it however you like ^^
Posted Image

#32 Honki

Honki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:35 PM

erm maybe you could upload all the subbed episodes first and do the unsubbed later? ( I know it might be confusing that way ) but it might be a difference if more episodes got subbed so you don't need to reupload them :P . but erm whatever :D do it however you like ^^

That reminds me - does anyone know where I can get the torrents for Hello! Morning after episode 192 (2003.12.28)? I'm currently only uploading til that one, since I have yet to find a complete collection of Hello! Morning after that date. Prior to 192, there's only a few subtitled ones, hence the uploads that are not subtitled.

#33 xiahou_yuan

xiahou_yuan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1997 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:39 PM

^ yeah i know :P erm not really torrents , I downloaded some from Veoh. I think Matadesuyo8 will be able to help you on that.
Posted Image

#34 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:09 AM

That reminds me - does anyone know where I can get the torrents for Hello! Morning after episode 192 (2003.12.28)? I'm currently only uploading til that one, since I have yet to find a complete collection of Hello! Morning after that date. Prior to 192, there's only a few subtitled ones, hence the uploads that are not subtitled.

Not really sure what your purpose/obsession is about finding torrents for H!M. If you're looking for H!M eps, then there are ALOT you can find on Veoh that you can direct download (which is always ALOT faster to DL than thru torrents). And many are subbed. We're talking 200+ eps, probably. And you did read the recent posts on this thread (and on the older H!M thread) about the recent changes with Veoh, right? You can do direct downloads of the original good quality videos.

Start around the very end of this list (currently around Page 62 and keep going forward). Their are ALOT of HM eps there that you can Direct Download, and many are subbed. Once you do that, you can upload them to megaupload if you're still interested in doing so. After this recent change with Veoh, alot of folks have rushed back to Veoh to download the H!M episodes. (Frankly, after this recent announcement, I almost wondered if you were still even planning to upload stuff to megaupload anymore :whistle:. Afterall, you have veoh as this great source for probably around 200 ~ 300+ H!M eps for direct downloads. But I guess it never hurts to have a backup source for these eps (i.e. your megaupload links) just in case veoh changes their minds in the future and goes back to allowing only crappy flv file downloads).

Edit: Even better advice about finding H!M eps on Veoh: Check out these 2 links (that's also currently on my sig below). The 2 links will take you to a thumbnail directory of H!M eps on veoh. This way you won't have to wade thru the huge list of other programs.

H!M Veoh List - Subbed
H!M Veoh List - Raw

#35 Addicted_Azn

Addicted_Azn

I was Ai_Love_MM

• Senpai
  • 1144 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:52 AM

^ nice idea matadesuyo8. I was on my way on working to download all those subbed vids so far, but because of school, and studying, and sleep [damn 3 S's] I'm hardly able to download any, or at least alot every few days. But Thanks for the link! I was already taking some of Mizaki's vids anyway :good:

#36 fin179

fin179

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:19 AM

So is the new plan to just download Hello! Morning ep's off Veoh?

#37 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:30 AM

^ No set "plan" per se. Just something alot of folks are doing now, now that veoh has gone back to where you can DL the original videos (instead of the crappy flv files). Like I've mentioned in my earlier posts, lot's of H!M eps there. (You can still find some stuff on the trackers, but it's sometimes hard to find what you're looking for, or there's very little live torrent seeds where DLing becomes next to impossible). You can also try the H!M & Haromoni@ Direct DLs + Other HP stuff link that you see on my sig which takes you to dj-waffles.com. There's some stuff there as well and it's also Direct Downloads, so it's fast.

#38 xiahou_yuan

xiahou_yuan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1997 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

veoh got bad quality . but H!M episodes have an good overall quality. I tried to download some Pv's but the quality was wayyy too bad. but none of the H!M eps i downloaded have bad quality. So I suggets grabbing as many eps as possible from veoh ( before they change their mind ) and try to get the rest here?
Posted Image

#39 Addicted_Azn

Addicted_Azn

I was Ai_Love_MM

• Senpai
  • 1144 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

^ sounds like it, I'll help out once I finish downloading all of the H!M eps off of veoh. Once I get them up on megaupload, do I just pm the link to you Honki?

#40 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:37 AM

veoh got bad quality . but H!M episodes have an good overall quality. I tried to download some Pv's but the quality was wayyy too bad. but none of the H!M eps i downloaded have bad quality. So I suggets grabbing as many eps as possible from veoh ( before they change their mind ) and try to get the rest here?

You're right. Stage6 usually carried the better-quality music videos and PV's. Oh well...hopefully ppl will start uploading the quality PV's to veoh, now that stage6 is going to close down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users