• Please log in to reply
483 replies to this topic

#21 12345PAPARAA

12345PAPARAA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1703 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:58 PM

Only pop and thecno/trance :D And ppl hate me for it ;)

#22 SteveDoubleU

SteveDoubleU

Custom member title

• Senpai
  • 741 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

So that means none of us can be open-minded when it comes to music? What does it matter if the genre's are complete opposites as you say?

i'm just saying there's not enough ppl like you. everyone i meet are all like "j pop?! that's not music" or things like "i only listen to rap, everything else is for losers"

...stuff like that. Maybe it's were i grew up...b/c at my sister's college everyone has an open mind about music, but here it seems you either like rap or rock. period.

Posted Image

JunJun is God.

#23 MaioAio

MaioAio

「赤西」と「伊野尾」 two timer, slave, wife & GF

• Senpai
  • 1965 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:04 PM

Umm...
Maybe Arashi or Antic Cafe...

#24 Azagrath

Azagrath

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

see the thing is, not a lot of people are open minded. Most ppl that i know that like Metal swear that nothing is worth listening to if it isnt metal or "mainstreamu," which i guess applies to music fans that listen to only 1 kinda music. Plus the genres seem like complete opposites... <3

A lot of metal fans are kinda "locked" into that specific genre, that's true. Ah well, their loss. So much fantastic music out there. It's a shame people can't judge something on it's own merits and not just go "that's not metal/whatever genre, therefore it automatically sucks". :)

#25 CowSuitGirl

CowSuitGirl

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2036 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

Namie Amuro, Cyndi Wang, S.H.E, Arashi and some Otsuka Ai but H!P is always A LOT higher than those. :)

#26 MaioAio

MaioAio

「赤西」と「伊野尾」 two timer, slave, wife & GF

• Senpai
  • 1965 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:49 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot Namie Amuro, Cyndi Wang and Fahrenheit and some other...

#27 Perazon

Perazon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:01 PM

Here in the States, I used to be much more open minded in terms of taste of music. Over the years since high school, my likings have slowly narrowed down to all things that fall under Rock (other than mainstream - Green Day = played out, Nirvana = old, Simple Plan = Ha! that's not rock...etc). Not that I mind listening to other genres, it's just that if I had a choice to choose, it'd be Rock. I even have some of my old country cd's lying around my room somewhere.

All this is besides Hello!Project and Jrock, of course.

#28 Saffron

Saffron

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

Mostly all female singers, Gackt occasionally but I'm not that interested in him. RURUTIA is my favourite - most beautiful, deep, serious and emotional singer ever. <333 Utada Hikaru is also a big fav of mine, and YUI or Kana occasionally.

There are a few western singers I like - Cerys Matthews/Catatonia and Imogen Heap/Frou Frou. Both are obscurities nobody will ever have heard of. x3 Paramore is great!

#29 Ritsuka

Ritsuka

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:25 PM

i listen to a lot of variety D: whatever can inspire me~ i can be listening to a rendition of Fur Elise one moment, then switch to Souda! We're Alive, then to Taion by The GazettE, then to Loose Control by Missy Elliot
:P i even listen to broadway songs as well and techno.
i guess my favorite type of music is visual or oshare rock and techno/dance. as my favorite musicians are alice nine., TsuShiMaMiRe, Danger*Gang, She, various DJs and Daft Punk.

it all depends on how i feel at any given moment :DDD

i dont listen to much american rock. i grew out of that kind of music x__x

#30 Ultratails

Ultratails

Nakky supporter! ^^

• Senpai
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:03 AM

Besides H!P, I usually listen to happy/energetic pop music. :(
My favorite non-H!P artists are Fahrenheit, Fan Wei Qi, Cyndi Wang, S.H.E, Rainie Yang, Angela Zhang, Ai Otsuka, and F.I.R. :w00t:
Posted Image
Thanks to penagih_dadih for the nice signature!
Nakky (<3), Chii (<3), Airi, Yuri, Risa, Konkon, Reina and Sayu RULE!!! :)

#31 blackheaven

blackheaven

全力投球!!!

• Senpai
  • 967 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:03 AM

A lot of metal fans are kinda "locked" into that specific genre, that's true. Ah well, their loss. So much fantastic music out there. It's a shame people can't judge something on it's own merits and not just go "that's not metal/whatever genre, therefore it automatically sucks".

well, he's right :w00t:"

and one thing I would add " about us "

it's appreciation... we're not just metal that rocking around, mostly sa that " this thing sucks " ( metal personality is different from the genre )

though it's main genre of mine, I stll look for other genres, to have a colorful life :(

try to listen paul gilbert's " 2 become 1 " ( on youtube ) and maybe you'll understand :( * btw, it's great! :P *
My Multiply l My Devart l My Veoh Account l
" you are just sheeps among wolves. Be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves "
Posted Image

#32 mrmoonlight

mrmoonlight

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:58 AM

Speaking of metal stuff, when I was younger, every time I put Winamp on shuffle (and I mean EVERY TIME.. it became a joke among my friends for awhile), it would always go: an Aliene Ma'riage song followed by a Morning Musume song. How's THAT for variety? ;) :lol: XD
i'm in ur refrigeeta.. eatin ur dog cheese..

#33 ReiNa.than

ReiNa.than

♥田中れいな♥

• Senpai
  • 1295 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:55 AM

Other then H!P, or any other J-music, mostly Hip-Hop.
Follow me ~@LinkFlames

#34 TRA

TRA

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:02 AM

I got a wide range of music taste. As long as it's not any kind of pop/R&B/Hip-hop for the US. <-It's one of the reason I've escaped to Japanese music so I can listen to pop music, where i can feel it's.... "real", without explaining it any deeper.

Bands i love and adore except MoMusu:

Soundgarden - > Grunge
Slipknot - > Nu-Metal/Rapcore
Higher Intelligence Agency -> Electronica
Amon Tobin - > Got no clue. God knows. :wacko:
Air -> Trip-hop/Electronica
Sneaker Pimps -> Trip-hop/Electronica

A lot of metal fans are kinda "locked" into that specific genre, that's true. Ah well, their loss. So much fantastic music out there. It's a shame people can't judge something on it's own merits and not just go "that's not metal/whatever genre, therefore it automatically sucks". ^_^

This is very true. And i think it's because metal fans see themselves as the opposite of the mainstream-pop-lovers, something that the whole world is listening to. And since it's "harder" to like metal (and all the genres around) they feel like they have something special, something as their own, something different, not the kind thats all about money but the music. As this may be a little true, no matter who much money you put in a song it's still music.
Skilpadde = kame

#35 Orn

Orn

Ai em new here plz help me

• Kouhai
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:12 PM

that's partially true TRA,and yes Heavy Metal is all about the music the basslines,the guitar solos,the drums and most importantly the vocals and this is what oldschool Heavy Metal/NWOBHM is all about and true oldschool fans of it like myself not genre biased but am ANTI-POP,I mean I like classical blues,and jazz and early Hard Rock music,why?coz these are the genre's that shaped and created Heavy metal and about the money stuff,dude bands like korn,slipknot,machinehead make millions of $$$ in the us just by selling sh!s,I mean have you heard aestetics of hate?,that aint metal it's fking NOISE!!!!! the only good part of that song is the dual solos,if you want true metal only four bands are mentioned,sabbath,priest,saxon and maiden

and I dont consider Nu Metal/rapcore as metal(whatever the name says),and also if you think Heavy Metal is all about screaming and yelling till you vocal cords bleed,liksten to Breaking the law,I dont wanna stop and Infinite dreams

and abt we getting into H!P I dont know about others but something tokkaiko junjo made me tick and ofcource erika:P

and people who thinks that all the band from finland are Black metal,think again!
hear Devil is a loser and hard rock hallejuah by lordi....

guess that about sums it up

#36 TRA

TRA

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:46 PM

Needless to say this is just of coarse your opinion. I listen to a lot of metal and what i was trying to say was how some (including me for a long period) was thinking when in a locked in a just-metal-and-nothing-else opinion about music genres. And about the money and music: of coarse everything is about money at the end, it's their profession and they need to make a living. Some make more then others, but other uses cynical methods when making money in the music industry (*cough* US pop *cough*).

And please don't say Slipknot is just noise and just about the money. As stated earlier, it's their profession and they are successful, of coarse they make a lot of money. And i don't think its just noise. They are 9 members and they play on 8 different instruments, including vocals, and still be able to make music at that quality level, I'd say thats quite unique. Slipknot as a professional "metal" (call it whatever you want. I actually got no clue what genre to put em under) band is way better skill wise then many old-school metal band. I'm also quite sure that one day Slipknot is gonna have the same legendary status as many of the older metal bands. They have paved the way for a new way of music and they have brought powerful emotions to a whole new level to their fans with their music.

and I dont consider Nu Metal/rapcore as metal(whatever the name says),and also if you think Heavy Metal is all about screaming and yelling till you vocal cords bleed,liksten to Breaking the law,I dont wanna stop and Infinite dreams

Can't say I've ever said screaming = metal. Perhaps you should read my post again. XD

But at the end we all got our own music taste and we are all different. no matter what genre it's under, it's still music and if you like it, listen to it. :sob:
Skilpadde = kame

#37 Orn

Orn

• Kouhai
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:36 PM

that's just your opinion man,like I said in my post I'm into oldschool aint into the new stuff
and abt the screaming thing I wasnt talking about you it's the public that's saying those "things"(I'm being polite :sob: )

#38 blackheaven

blackheaven

全力投球!!!

• Senpai
  • 967 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

hehehe, we don't have to widen up the gap between these sub-genres :sob:" well, afterall they're still on the " metal " genre, and I don't mind people accept other sub-genres or not...

my opinion here is, we have different breeds... so if someone say that " this thing sucks, or this thing is not be so called metal " I don't blame them... and why should I? it's a rare thing that we have the same beliefs of what this genre is...

what I understand about this genre is " fight the gap upon you " whether that's heavy, black, death, doom, speed, thrash...

well, again it's appreciation...

@topic
well, add some J-pop/J-rock... and a my childhood days, boyband XD ( can't blame backstreet boys/spice girls )

~ ENJOY!
Posted Image

#39 Orn

Orn

• Kouhai
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:23 PM

yeah exactly,besides we''re all brothers of metal :huh:

and dude backstreet boys are you serious rolffllmfaowihstih!!!!!!

#40 blackheaven

blackheaven

全力投球!!!

• Senpai
  • 967 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

^
nah, too exposed on MTV by that time :huh: * thank god there's alternative nation by that time... * ( but now, still exposed, but on MTV2 :D, and still hoping for some heavy metal action XD ) can't blame them :( and maybe that's a part of my past... so I don't have to disgrace myself...

best thing on MTV2, is they show " manowar " vids * and some extinct videos like maiden's somewhere in time album special... *

bad thing is, I only hear it on their pocast, we don't have MTV2 here in the philippines....
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users