• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 lumow

lumow

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:19 PM

Hi, I usually listen to stuff like Decapitated, Amon Amarth, Deicide, Hypocrisy, Immortal and so on. Now I'm looking for some japanese metal. Please recommend some good death/black/thrash j-metal. Doesn't really matter how hard it is.
Thanks in advance. :angry:

#2 Keith

Keith

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:43 AM

Have you ever heard of Gackt? well he sing J-rock which isn't really the kind of metal you're talking about... but he used to be in this group called Malice Mizer and most of their old stuff is vastly different from the now more tame and PC Gackt. Their stuff is like Japanese Goth-Metal. :angry: and if you ever see any of the videos for Malice Mizer, they're pretty sick.

#3 lumow

lumow

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 01:11 AM

Yeah, heard of 'em but never really listened to them. Shall try some Malice Mizer then. Thanks for the tip. :angry:

#4 Keith

Keith

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 01:34 AM

No Problem! :lol: Some stuff I'm listening to right now that you possibly might like. シアン (Cyanide) by ナイトメア (Nightmare) {Pretty Heavy}, MYCLOUD by Pierrot {A little heavy}, ロックの逆襲 -スーパースターの□件- (Counterattack of rock - □case of superstar - ) By 雅-miyavi (Elegant Miyavi) {REALLY HEAVY} :angry:

#5 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:55 PM

Hi, I usually listen to stuff like Decapitated, Amon Amarth, Deicide, Hypocrisy, Immortal and so on. Now I'm looking for some japanese metal. Please recommend some good death/black/thrash j-metal. Doesn't really matter how hard it is.
Thanks in advance. :angry:

I?Lve been looking for stuff like that myself, actually. Gackt is pretty cool, but considering the bands you listen to, I think you would like a band called Dir En Grey more. The "MACABRE" album + tour was pretty wild.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#6 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:03 PM

You could try Moi Dix Mois.

Internet killed common sense.

#7 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:05 PM

It would have been really cool to know if there?fs a black/death metal scene in japan. I?fve been to quite a few concerts in this genre, Dimmu Borgir, Marduk, Dark Funeral, Hypocrisy and so on. English, Swedish and, of course, Norwegian :angry: are the most common languages this music is sung in, so it would be VERY interesting to hear it in Japanese! Gotta be brutal, If you ask me?c
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#8 lumow

lumow

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for all proposals, appreciate it. I think Dir en Grey are quite good. Btw, what's up with the "guys" in Moi Dix Mois? :angry:
Santa-san, couldn't agree with you more.

#9 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:42 PM

Mana-sama is prolly the prettiest guy around :S When I first saw his pic I thought that he was a girl. Then I read a little more and was like wtf :lol: Anyhow, they have pretty good stuff. :angry:

Internet killed common sense.

#10 GenoSv

GenoSv

7th gen member

• Uploader
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 05:40 PM

I think Anthem is considered to be Heave metal (i'm not to good with the metal genres myself).
Although their lyrics change from english to japanese inside the songs. meaning a sentence can be in english, and then the next in japanese. And it can go on like that XD;
Although this is not the cause on all of their songs, so maybe you should check them out =)

#11 sh33p

sh33p

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:10 PM

Miyashi? XD
Posted Image
WAHAHAHAHA
KEEP-SMILING: Nami Tamaki Fan Club <--join =D

#12 MatsuriNoSai

MatsuriNoSai

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 06:32 AM

you can try Mongolian-800, Guitar Wolf, and sex machineguns. Although im not to much of a hard metal kinda guy.
Asian Kung fu is my top band
かってにしろこれわおれのじんせい

#13 3w3w3w

3w3w3w

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 04:57 PM

I am very like metal
IT`s my favorite music
XD :blink: :GGRR:

#14 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:34 PM

B'z is another good band to look out for. Especially if you find the singing/style of bands like Malice Mizer/Gackt too much. B'z music is traditional 80's style hardrock/"metal" with guitar solo's in all the right places... 80's style! :sob: "Liar, Liar" is a good song, for example.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#15 epifanes

epifanes

5th gen member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:23 AM

although J-rock and mostly visual-kei bands are very influented by heavy metal, it's really hard to classify it as metal...if you try to play it to your friends who like european/american metal, they usually have no interest in it...I'm a heavy metal fan myself, so I have a lot of experience trying to "convert" them into listening to Jrock...but it just doesnt work...

you guys mentioned a lot of bands here, but the only one that can be considered metal from those, is Sex Machineguns....really great one, and probably the most famous one from those few that are still active...they play quite original style of speed metal...

as for speed, in late 80s/early 90s Japan has a really strong heavy metal scene, with some great bands as Loudness, Saber Tiger, Kings or Night Hawks(whoever interested in metal should try to check these)...as for black/thrash/death, I heard there are some good bands too, but those are really hard to get, so I never really got a chance to listen to some...

#16 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 12:42 PM

Found a SUPERCOOL PV by Malice Mizer yesterday called ?gSakai No Chi To Bara?h (I think), and let me just tell you about this one! It?fs really really dark and moody, set in a ancient castle, inhabited only spiders & ghosts (and Malice Mizer)...
It is kinda like a horror film soundtrack PV really. And it?fs got NO lyrics! It is entirely instrumental, with endless eerie melodies played on church organs and this medieval piano called ?gSpinette?h (don?ft know the english word). Go check this one out! If you find it, that is, Malice-pv?fs seem pretty hard to find.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#17 stiltzkin

stiltzkin

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:07 PM

I would highly reccomend the Sex Machineguns personally. They're pretty heavy, but in a humorous sort of way. They're almost like metal parodies in of themselves, except they're not. They're just trying to be funny. It's hard to explain.

#18 A.K. - ZONE

A.K. - ZONE

~ 君がくれたもの ~

• Validating
  • 395 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:32 PM

hey, I didn't know that there were so many j-metal bands.

Sometimes I listen to some j-rock songs and I just don't know what band it is.

I'd like to know if there's any J-band that plays punk, I can't find one..

#19 boykun

boykun

たまねぎ!!

• Senpai
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:16 PM

punk..

try ellegarden

2001-2005 ..good days.. good times.

Posted Image
breakfast time . wallpaper.download

#20 Satoru Kensei

Satoru Kensei

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:37 AM

Try the legendary X Japan, the first visualkei band. Another good choice is Eizo Sakamoto, he's a metal singer very popular in Japan, his bands(Anthem and Animetal) is very good, in Animetal he make covers of animesongs in metal version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users