Photo

Which music player do you use?

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

Poll: Music Players (247 member(s) have cast votes)

Which music player do you use?

1. Windows Media Player (WMP) (48 votes [19.43%])

Percentage of vote: 19.43%

2. Winamp (45 votes [18.22%])

Percentage of vote: 18.22%

3. iTunes (70 votes [28.34%])

Percentage of vote: 28.34%

4. Voted foobar2000 (38 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

5. MediaMonkey (2 votes [0.81%])

Percentage of vote: 0.81%

6. Others (please mention) (44 votes [17.81%])

Percentage of vote: 17.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:07 PM

Ugh...onboard. I'm surprised you haven't moved to an card or external soundcard.

I dislike WMP too, but I'll be using it soon for my Zen. I dislike WMP, but not as much as I dislike the Zune software. Maybe I'll get lucky and the Zen X-fi will be drag and drop. I don't know, will be the first time I've used a Creative mp3 player. Just dislike the audio on the Zune. Sounds like a soundcard from the 90s.
Together.jpg

#102 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

My issue is that I have a 13" laptop which I bought for portability, so having a card sticking out of my expresscard port is undesirable, and I only have 2 USB slots. Mind you, when using bit-perfect playback, you'd be hard pressed to hear a difference between my laptop's onboard, and the X-Fi that was in my previous desktop. I'm connected to a set of Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers and it sounds really good. I am also using modded drivers, instead of the diabolical OEM drivers.

I don't know about the Zen X-Fi, but the Zen I have can be drag and drop, but I've had occasions where the player will fail to detect the file that I've copied across. Using a minimalist Winamp install allows me to ensure everything I copy has the correct entries in the ID3 tags (since this is what the player lists by), and adjust accordingly. I'm sure WMP can do this too, though it insisted I 'sync' everything rather than letting me have full control.

#103 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

I use Winamp cause it's minimalistic. I manually change the ID3v2 tags through Winamp, as that's how the Zune catalogs files. I use a 12.1" laptop and netbook for portability (it's not my main rig of course) and it's never connected up to any speakers. So bit-perfect isn't going to make it sound any better.

Thank god the Winamp ppl make a Lite version though. I tried the full version before. It's so bloated. Go minimal and add what you need through the plug-ins.

I do have Foobar also, but I only use it to convert those odd lossless files to mp3s. Like flac, ape, tta, etc. Stupid files are worthless if most everything doesn't support it.
Together.jpg

#104 Luciano

Luciano

♥ Eri

• Senpai
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

Window Media Player [Old version]

I can't upgrade my Window Media Player, because i'm using a non-genuine version of Windows XD
:P

#105 white232

white232

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:54 PM

WMP12 or Zune

#106 °Manna

°Manna

ガキカメ♪ガキカメ亀井絵里!

• Senpai
  • 4766 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:18 AM

WMP and iTunes~

Posted Image
Loyal Fan of Kamei Eri

#107 Youroppa

Youroppa

2nd gen member

• Banned
  • 406 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

I'm using self-developed music player which has many important functions
which I'm missing in existing players. I can add new or change existing
functions whenever I want which isn't possible with other players.
My player isn't suitable for most people who would be missing
many functions which I don't need.

#108 Tsim.07

Tsim.07

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

^that's quite cool, I wish I had the skill to do that.

I usually use iTunes, but I like Foobar2000 as well.

Posted Image

#109 MiyuLace

MiyuLace

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:34 AM

iTunes, which drives me very crazy at times. Usually I just listen straight from youtube, so much easier. XD

Posted Image
'Saa yukou, let's have a dance now.'
Gaki | Yurina | Yossi | Mari | Mittsi | Maimi | Jun | Yui
Sig/Avvie by SilverwindGT and SweetHoney! <3

#110 LuisH

LuisH

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:53 AM

I use iTunes mainly because I sync my iPod with it. Tough there's nothing wrong with it either, now, when I changed the default skin.
I've tried winamp, foobar2k etc. and used them for awhile but I have no reason to go back.
The only con in the iTunes is that it's heavy. Luckily I have a quite high-powered laptop. : 3

#111 Ainii

Ainii

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

I use Banshee (Linux) and Winamp (Windows)

#112 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

I use iTunes and it can be an extreme pain at times. First my iPod gets messed up, but that's stupid why it woud because I only have 134 something songs! And then iTunes crashes and then my head crashes into the computer because I get angry.

The head thing wasn't true. XD

Posted Image

#113 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

I use iTunes and it can be an extreme pain at times. First my iPod gets messed up, but that's stupid why it woud because I only have 134 something songs! And then iTunes crashes and then my head crashes into the computer because I get angry.

The head thing wasn't true. XD

Posted Image

#114 Soularflare GT

Soularflare GT

Eternity's Loyal Coder

• Senpai
  • 1113 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:01 AM

I use windows media player 12 + a Dolby plugin.

i usually play music in a 6 channel stereo. XD and make my house like a club.~ playing a lot of Morning Musume songs~ ^^;

#115 lecost900

lecost900

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:21 AM

I always use VLC player for listening music or watching movie . There are many good features of VLC rather than other media players. There is a huge audio output available using VLC player upto 400% . There is a multiple choices for video output such as wallpaper by which you can see any video on your desktop as a wallpaper . I mostly recommend all to use VLC player . Nothing else .

#116 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:25 AM

Still on Winamp, but was using Creative Centrale for a short while. Not to listen to music, but to load music to my mp3 player. Was until, I upgraded to the latest winamp. The cover art is imbedded into the ID tags. I didn't know that. Thought it was just some goofy setup that Creative made.

Also "There is a huge audio output available using VLC player upto 400% ", What exactly does that mean? Do you mean that the volume can be increased 400% above normal? Cause really, that doesn't seem all that great. I just turn my stereo up, if I have some low volume issue.
Together.jpg

#117 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:53 PM

I've grudgingly had to move over to Winamp recently. I'm not a fan of Winamp at all, but it's the only player that will play files straight from my Zen Vision M without insisting on syncing - just play the files dammit. I use Media Player Classic Homecinema for standalone files.

I bought a new laptop recently which has Realtek sound instead of IDT/Sigmatel. I'm actually rather impressed with the sound quality, in spite of being onboard. I was all prepared to buy a USB Xonar U1, but I don't think I need to.

#118 Nigelkun

Nigelkun

blargh

• Senpai
  • 3013 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:46 AM

^ realtek really does have good chips... all my PCs and laptops seem to have it, and their signals crystal clear with no distortion at mid-high sound levels.
wondering if i should get a headphone amp to go with the Grado SR80i's I am getting soon... I am well aware that no sound card will be able to transmit enough juice.... and indeed .. what amp should i get?
I need my Airi

#119 Nigelkun

Nigelkun

blargh

• Senpai
  • 3013 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:46 AM

bleh computer hiccoughed
I need my Airi

#120 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O