• Please log in to reply
1220 replies to this topic

#1 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:30 AM

After enjoying the episodes, you can post any thoughts, comments, ideas, praises, complaints, feedbacks, encouragements, spams, hatemails and whatever else you can think of here!

Ep 34 of STD Podcast - Smileage Round 2! (Jul 25, 11) is now available!

Catch all the episodes here! stdpodcast.mypodcast.com

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#2 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:39 AM

I agree with shuffle hosting since it will give us more insight to those who are online rather than the regulars. even though theres nothing wrong with it, its just nice for variety and like sanrio said different styles

yay podcast with toxic and sanrio :D

racequeen.jpg

#3 Evening Musuko

Evening Musuko

• Senpai
  • 2403 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:51 AM

You all better give me credit since it was my idea and all. :D

I like the idea of different hosts. I'd love to host with anyone, as long as they're Kameists. I'm busy with college during weekdays though, so that might be a problem.

#4 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:53 AM

How about we call it the "Evening Podcast"? ^^; :D

Posted Image

#5 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:53 AM

don't worry you get your 10% profit. whats 10% of nothing :D

it was your idea EM? I thought it was Slasha

racequeen.jpg

#6 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:59 AM

okay yay, we can finally stop abusing the pinned senpai talking point thread! thanks lvb eventually i forced u to XD

about the hosting, my original thought was to have many groups of hosts to each contribute shows from time to time. in that way, there will be bigger diversity on the shows styles, letting more ppl enjoy the fun of hosting, and more importantly doesnt put stress onto making shows on individuals.

instead of regular casts i would encourage shuffle-casts more.

i would love to duo-host with toxic ^^; and shuffle at times too maybe? with skype (or things like that) we can do shuffles and guests easily.

Slasha's idea to make radio show
EM's idea to make it on podcast

then we all just got carried away with fun ideas :D

i was waiting for someone to start the thread but u guys never did so i had to force LvB :P

anyways shuffle hosting is best, of course we still get to choose who to host with or else we cant control the chemistry between.
the best thing about shuffle hosting is that no pressure onto hosts in making shows, and as hosts they can enjoy listening to other hosts too~

i would lvoe to see more ppl posting in this thread, and once the idea gets onto the road, mayhbe we can consider moving this thread to general talking point for more ppl to know about it <3

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#7 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:05 AM

Shuffling sounds a lot better. :D We just need more hosts to shuffle. I wanna tri-host with Sanrio and Toxic! ^^;

Posted Image

#8 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:15 AM

sure you can. since we all got the same time zone so that shouldn't be a problem

racequeen.jpg

#9 Danji

Danji

Why is it that I can NEVER recognize Michishige!?!

• Senpai
  • 683 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:03 AM

Well, I'm east coast (sort of... I mean Cincinnati is sort of Midwest... but whatever...). But I should be able to make recording/hosting sessions easily. And post prod will be easy for me based on my outline in the other thread... I may have posted that after the formation of this thread, not sure. I tend to track thread I've posted in and ignore others unless they catch my eye... :-/
Posted Image

#10 Danji

Danji

• Senpai
  • 683 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:45 AM

I'm impatient and recorded an example really quick tonight. It's a news format thing but you get the idea.

Let me know what you think.

:-p
Posted Image

#11 Linlintan

Linlintan

Linlin's #1 Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2497 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:56 AM

^Awesome! That's nice and I love the backgrond music :huh:
Linlintan member of Linlin branch and WHOA Musha
Posted Image
The greatest Linlin fan ever!

#12 Danji

Danji

• Senpai
  • 683 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:02 AM

^Awesome! That's nice and I love the backgrond music :huh:

Thanks. I think I need to do some work on audio levels and such... but I think it's a decent example of something simple. More complex takes would have longer segments.

Someone mentioned having background music... I think that's a good idea for fade in and fade out during long segments... but not so keen for having background music during entire segments that are very long. Short segments like in my example are okay... but eventually people get tired of either nothing behind the voice... or something always behind the voice.

For this example I took notes and information from the news on the front of the website, wrote up quick queues and placed them together. I sort of chose random songs to throw between segments... but normally they would be planned out to make sense with the podcast or at least be based on recent releases, etc.
Posted Image

#13 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:20 AM

That was a pretty good podcast example. ^^;

I can't wait until the real one gets going. ^^;

Posted Image

#14 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:24 AM

Someone mentioned having background music... I think that's a good idea for fade in and fade out during long segments... but not so keen for having background music during entire segments that are very long. Short segments like in my example are okay... but eventually people get tired of either nothing behind the voice... or something always behind the voice.

i agree about boring, for that fact, we can simply follow the routine of H!P radio shows:
IF we do 30 mins per group:
1.talk with an around 4 mins song instrumental
2.song
3.talk with another 4 mins song instrumental
4.song
5.talk with another 4 mins song instrumental
6.song
7 talk with another 4 mins song instrumental

if we do sth like that, the instrumental problaby wouldnt get too boring, and good thing is j-pop most of them release instrumentals too so lack of material isnt a worry since after a while ppl can repeat instrumentals again anyways

#15 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:30 AM

And it doesn't have to be an instrumental from a CD, we can use BGMs from games and animes as well. Imagine a Naruto fight BGM playing while we talk. ^^; I mean hey, HM@ did it, why can't we? ^^;

Posted Image

#16 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:32 AM

And it doesn't have to be an instrumental from a CD, we can use BGMs from games and animes as well. Imagine a Naruto fight BGM playing while we talk. :D I mean hey, HM@ did it, why can't we? ^^;

what a smashing idea! :unsure: i call using Deathnote BGM! its going to be quite insane and gothic feel

i look forward to this thing to be established solid ^^; and i look forward to the group hosting :GGRR:

#17 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:54 AM

I feel weird posting stuff in this sub-forum.

Anyway, I think it's a great idea, and am curious... how does a podcast work anyway? Like, how does it get recorded? (A friend and I tried something similar for myspace once, and we found it impossible to record - so I'd really like to know more about that.)

I'd put my hand up to co-host a show (with other C-ute fans, would be good) but time-zone differences and Uni' study (even though I didn't get in, I can still enroll as a 'non-award' student! ^^;) might make that difficult.

As far as I'm aware, even though I know I'm not the only Australian on these boards, I'm the only one that posts regularly. (Not that what I've just said has anything to do with anything)

I also think the eventuallity of moving this to Talking Point is a great idea.

Anyway, that's just my 2c worth.

#18 MaioAio

MaioAio

「赤西」と「伊野尾」 two timer, slave, wife & GF

• Senpai
  • 1965 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

Oh, here's a thread about this already... :D

1.talk with an around 4 mins song instrumental
2.song
3.talk with another 4 mins song instrumental
4.song
5.talk with another 4 mins song instrumental
6.song
7 talk with another 4 mins song instrumental

Oh, this is great. :huh: It's the typical, but I think that it's really going to work...

#19 Slasha

Slasha

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2172 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:03 AM

Maybe we should do a test to see how it would work.

Some people might not understand me because I speak English with a Fukui accent :lol: .
Posted Image
Thanks kawaii beam!
My Blog, Slasha's Tatami Mat
WHOA Musha of The Umeda Erika branch

#20 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:46 AM

just sharing some of my thoughts about the show again

-random chats, not all H!P/H!O related or else the chats would really be boring, and hosts can make whatever segments they want, even requests and stuff, just make it really free but not really offensive. maybe at least 2 of the 4 talking segments be H!P related and other randoms.

-ppl can host anytime if they want, just simply record and send it to whoever is incharge of posting the shows, or even maybe ppl can post shows themselves. that is to encourage more different hosts without pressure and too much responsiblities.

-and keeping the targetted audience mainly towards H!Oers, cuz we are really making it for our own forum fun and not really looking towards to publice too much anyways, plus we can chat more freely if we know the audiences are ppl we're familiar with. i think H!Oers would want to listen to it more becuase it is done by ppl familiar on the forum, and not becuase H!P news anyways

those were some of my thoughts since the beginning, just wanna see if anyone had completely opposite ideas

and yes i really think the typical would work very well :) thats the point of making a H!P related radio show on H!O if we dont follow H!P style shows :lol:

fukui accent thats great, im going to have a *(#$ accent that just sounds like im from Saturn XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users