• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:11 AM

1 Pound Gospel is a live action adaptation of a Takahashi Rumiko (Ranma 1/2) manga (seems like a lot of the new dramas are from manga recently) starring Kamenashi Kazuya (Kat-Tun, Gokusen 2) as the main character, Hatanaka Kosaku, a talented but undisciplined gluttonous boxer who finds inspiration from a chance encounter with a nun, Sister Angela, played by Kuroki Meisa.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Link to the manga wiki entry.

Also starring Kobayashi Satomi (Sexy Voice & Robo, Kamome Shokudo) as Hatanaka's hot tempered trainer and the owner of the gym he trains at.

So far only episode 1 has been subbed and I could not stop watching. This looks like it might be one of the good ones of the 2008 season.

#2 Nona

Nona

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:40 PM

I really enjoyed the manga when it ran in Animerica. I can't wait to watch it.

#3 Ryoutarou

Ryoutarou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:08 AM

KAT-TUN being one of my top favorite artists, there's no doubt that I'm watching this, haha. To bo honest, I didn't think it would be that good because the plot seemed kinda strange but when I watched it I actually enjoyed it, lol. Kame is good at doing his various reactions to food and I think he and the lead female have good chemistry.

Episode 2 looks interesting.

Random: The girl working at the ramen place sort of reminds me of Kamei. x__x

#4 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

Episode 2 has been subbed. Hina from Mop Girl makes a guest appearance.

Hatanaka's naivety and enthusiasm was kind of irritating in this episode but it was still entertaining. Hopefully they expand on the plot instead of every episode consisting of him saying something dumb, doing something dumb and then fighting while Sister Angela and the nuns watch.

If anyone who's read the manga can provide some insight or hidden spoilers that might help those who haven't yet.

#5 Ryoutarou

Ryoutarou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

I watched ep 2 today and I liked it. Kousaku's opponent was pretty funny. I still say the girl at the ramen shop reminds me of Kamei. ^^;

Oh and Asami Reina was also in Kame's drama "Sapuri" back in summer of 2006.

No spoilers please. ^^;

#6 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:58 AM

Haven't been keeping current with updates after every episode since it kind of felt like it went into a bit of a holding pattern but episode 5 is quite amazing. The Valentine's Day episode seems to have a little bit of everything and goes from hilarious comedy to teary emotional drama and of course action. More character development for the other people in the gym as well as a possibly surprising development at the end of the episode.

#7 PNZラン

PNZラン

Yossie Rock Acolyte

• Senpai
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:29 AM

oooh man, this drama makes me happy when i watch it
i can't wait for ep 8!
:S
Posted Image

#8 TheBakaOne

TheBakaOne

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:36 AM

Ep. 8 was so :P ,but isn't the next one the last episode? XD This is like one of the best doramas I've seen in awhile.

어머나!

#9 Shirokamei

Shirokamei

Master Turtle

• Senpai
  • 788 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:16 AM

Me and my bro are still waiting to finish our current drama ( kekkon dekinai otoko) before starting this one. Glad to here some of the opinions on here, hopefully it'll turn out to be a good watch ^_^

~+=.Posted Image.=+~

#10 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Well the final episode has been broadcast and subbed. Only thing I wished was for the series to go a bit longer, maybe to the usual 11 episodes in order to go into some of the other characters' back story since a lot of the supporting cast (Sister Milee, the other boxers, etc.) seemed a bit one dimensional at the end.

Coincidentally the drama taking over the time slot is Gokusen 3 (Kamenashi was a main character in the previous Gokusen 2) in which Ishiguro Hideo (played the normal looking boxer in the gym) will also be in. Meanwhile Kuroki Meisa is set to star in an upcoming mystery SP.

#11 Binkybob

Binkybob

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

=) I only watched it because of Yamada Ryosuke and Chinen Yuri xDD <3 <3 <3 Chinen Yuri + Yamada Ryosuke

#12 Phob

Phob

GACKT Is love~

• Senpai
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

I really loved this drama XD
I may just be biased, but I honestly thought it was pretty good!

#13 kai daze

kai daze

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

I loved the manga when I was younger but I was super hesitant to watch the drama. But now after reading the comments I think I might give it a go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users