• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:08 AM

Alright. It's long past the time that there should've been a Yamaguchi Momoe thread.

Posted Image

Miss Top Idol of Forever; Yokosuka lovin'; powerful/intense/enveloping; just classy, just rebellious. Cemented her spot as a legend by retiring at the peak of her career in the mid 1970s and never emerging since. (Of course, she would've still been seen as a legend even if she hadn't, because no one's nearly as impressive.)
Yamaguchi Momoe was originally marketed as just your average idol, but she eventually rejected that & took control of her career and music. Ended up putting out some pretty artsy concept albums.

Anyway, I really love her. She's so strong and both her voice and her beauty are unmatched. (And she's so completely versatile--from bossa nova to enka to rock to anything, she just makes it all work in her unique & powerful way.)

There's been quite a few covers of her most famous songs on Uta Doki (Yokosuka Story, Ii hi Tabidachi, Play Back part 2, etc) so I'm sure most of you have heard at least one, but maybe there's a few who haven't? So here's one of my all-time favorite performances by her: Ai no Arashi (and another, for good measure: Play Back part 1)
Also, her album Dramatic: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W6GF1K8D (I especially recommend Santa Maria no Atsui Kaze, Zettai Zetsumei, Aru Onna...Aru Hi, and of course Play Back part 2--but the whole record is excellent.)

#2 Kurohana

Kurohana

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

she really does look like Aya Ueto in some angles...
hmmm... I haven't heard any of her songs though... :lol:

momokohappy.gif

#3 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:43 PM

This is the first time I'm seeing her.

She looks like an Asian version of goddess Monica Bellucci!!!
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#4 Aldi

Aldi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:19 AM

Yamaguchi Momoe is really a legend.. i thanks to her because due of her music, another star was born in the 80s: AKINA NAKAMORI!!
Reina Tanaka Lover!!

#5 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

lol just found this, Nessy!!

You are so amazing, To think you started this thread the month I joined H!O!! (how old were you???) I barely knew the world of J-pop and would not discover the most amazing Idol of all time, Momoe Yamaguchi for another three years!!

But once you find her it's as if you had always known her. The most amazing artist i have encountered. Ever. Idol/Shmidol. She's a true artist.
MOZENATOR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users