Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#102 Maddie

Maddie

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:31 AM

I just discovered Berryz Koubou with Special Generation. They're quickly becoming one of my favorite groups. XD Their songs have been way better than any of Morning Musume's recent singles. They seem sooo young though. I mean when SweetS came out they were about the same ages that the Berryz girls are now but they didn't seem nearly as childish as Berryz does. I think they've got a few years before they're ready to take on the role as lead H!P group.

Additionally, does anybody know if Risako's movie (River of Light or something like that) is available subtitled in English? I saw an OPV made from clips of it and it looks like a really cute and sweet movie.
Posted Image

#103 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:28 AM

I really think the last few singles of Morning Musume, Osaka no Uta not withstanding, have been their strongest. I mean, Dance Suru no Da in comparison to Shabondama or The Manpower?

Anyhow, I truly adore Miyabi and Risako. Chia-chan is growing on me a lot though; her voice is really very good though she doesn't get very much to sing. They're really strong singers. I didn't really notice Maasa very much immediately but she's grown on me a lot since. They're all really strong singers.

And then there's Momoko...

Now, keep in mind I like SAYU and ERI's singing voice. I adore Berryz.

...Momoko....

#104 Binaa2

Binaa2

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:56 AM

I saw an OPV made from clips of it and it looks like a really cute and sweet movie.

Do you mean the Risako Birthday OPV?
ANYONE who has seen it and knows who is singing and what song it is?
PLEASE i have been looking for it since first time i saw that OPV.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#105 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:00 AM

I realized these weren't confirmed, and I'm slowly but surely becoming more and more interested in them. These are according to Wikipedia.

Saki - Shimihamu-chan
Momoko - Pichichi-chan
Chinami - Tookuri-na
Maasa - Rabi-chan
Miyabi - Miya-chan
Maiha - Maihaa-chan
Yurina - Yuriina-chan
Risako - Orin-chan, C-ko, Siiko, Rishako, Orinchan, Ree, Ree-chan (yeah, one had an easily findable webpage..)

Oh, and could anyone tell me anything about them at all? Personalities, antedotes, etc? I get the idea of so much personality but my Japanese ear is too poor to pick up on too much of what is said.

#106 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:02 AM

Wikki says:

# Hotaru no Hoshi (Fireflies River of Light) (2003)
# Shonan Kawarayane Monogatari (TV series) (2002)

Are her two things she's been in. Oh, and the mini moni movie

#107 gt5fox

gt5fox

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:42 PM

Okay I think I Know them all but not sure yet

Anata Nashide Wa Sekite Yukenai
Berry Fields
Anata Nashide Wa Sekite Yukenai (instrumental)
Fighting Pose Wa Date Ja Nai!
Natsu Wakame
Fighting Pose Wa Date Ja Nai! (instrumental)
Piriri To Ikou
Katcho Ee
Piriri To Ikou (instrumental)
Happiness~Koufuku Kangei~
Yuujyou Oh Seishun
Happiness~Koufuku Kangei~(instrumental)
Koi No Jubaku
Passion E-CHA E-CHA
Koi No Jubaku (instrumental)
Special Generation
Alwaya At Love
Special Generation (instrumental)
Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteruu YOU KNOW?
Yume de Do Up
Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteruu YOU KNOW? (instrumental)
21ji Made no Cinderella
Himitsu no U.ta.hi.me
21ji Made no Cinderella (instrumental)
Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai
Nigiyaka na Fuyu
Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai (instrumental)
Jiriri Kiteru
Toshoshitsu Taiki
Jiriri Kiteru (instrumental)
Waracchaou yo BOYFRIEND
Suhada Pichipichi
Waracchaou yo BOYFRIEND (instrumental)

#108 Maddie

Maddie

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:08 AM

I saw an OPV made from clips of it and it looks like a really cute and sweet movie.

I was actually refering to the "Only Hope" OPV but I've seen the birthday OPV. It's the one with the "do do do do yeah" song, right? The song is "Let Me Be With You" from Chobits. I love that song. It's so cute. :w00t:
Posted Image

#109 Binaa2

Binaa2

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 06:23 AM

I was actually refering to the "Only Hope" OPV but I've seen the birthday OPV. It's the one with the "do do do do yeah" song, right? The song is "Let Me Be With You" from Chobits. I love that song. It's so cute. :omg:

No i was referring to one posted on jpopsuki made in Thailand i think.
Ive been told the song is called "everlasting" no idea yet who sings.

Had it been the chobits song i whould have recognized it :w00t:

[edit] spelling sorry.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#110 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:58 AM

Heh, I just watched the 2004 Summer Dawn! episode last night, and I want to *shoot* the MC for his

BELLLLLYYYYYYYYYYZZZZZ KOHBOOOOOOH

In the beginning XD

I also felt kinda bad for Risako (?) during the Natsu-no-Omoide skit (~38:00) where she couldn't read the kanji for Natsumatsuri :\ The twitch followed by the o___O *stare at MC O___o*. So much pressure on someone so young :sob:

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#111 mikalover

mikalover

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:35 PM

Does anyone know any new news about berryz next single? It's supposed to come out soon right? :D

#112 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:45 PM

Eh, about the new Berryz single. How come a new one is released so quick?? It seems "Special Generation" just came out...
I don't think it?Ls healthy to consume so much Berryz music in such a short time... (diabetes) :wub:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#113 mrhomiec

mrhomiec

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:08 PM

Anime News Network wrote a review on Berryz Koubou's new single.. and it's pretty bad..

Berryz Koubou: Nanchu Koi wo Yatteru You Know?  ?Piccolo Town, whatever that is (June 8th)

Let me preface this by stating that in principle, I can live with Morning Musume and most of the pre-teen "Hello! Project" army. Most of their songs are catchy enough that you can overlook the weak vocals. This new Berryz Koubou group, on the other hand, is completely unbearable. "Nanchu Koi wo Yatteru You Know?" matches horribly unbalanced vocals with one of the most generic arrangements I've heard this year. It sounds like freaking Mega Man music (for the original Nintendo). And what on earth is that wail at the end of the chorus?

Now, take a moment and prepare yourself.

The B-Side of this single is my early nominee for several awards: worst song of the year, worse mixing of the year, and worst arrangement of the decade. For the first two, take what I said above and magnify it a few times. The arrangement... well, it's so bad that I need to single out Shoichiro Hirata, the mastermind behind many a Beatmania CD, for creating a song that barely makes it from verse to verse and has a bridge that honestly sounds like he got halfway through and said, "Aw, geez, I have to fill up another 20 seconds. I know! Let's do scales! And when they get too high, we'll just start from the bottom again!" If you want to scare your friends away from J-Pop, this will do the trick.

i actually found this song quite catchy. but that's just my opinion. and this article is that person's opinion.

#114 chihuahua24

chihuahua24

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:28 PM

Well opinions do differ as long as the fanboys likes it.. these reviews don matter. Well i often dun trust movie reviews that much also :good:

#115 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:38 PM

actually the song does have a dance/gundam OP sort of sound.. we are experimenting now.. no offense to fans of either groups :good:
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#116 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:12 AM

I?Lve listened to their new one too now, and sadly I have to agree with some of the criticism. :( I hate giving bad reviews, but this new one is nothing like the great ?gSpecial Generation?h single.
I can?ft help but thinking that Tsunku intentionally released this sort of a "semi-single" just to keep the attention of Berryz fans, but not making it good enough to steal the focus of this summers shuffles.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#117 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:42 PM

not a fan..but thot the song is better than Spec Gen :(
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#118 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:09 PM

Really? Glad we disagree!
For me, I thought "Special Generation" was more "in your face" than "Nanchu Koi wo Yatteru You Know?" which I feel doesn't have that attitude. Or personality, for that matter.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#119 tetsuhighrose

tetsuhighrose

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 797 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

Heh, I just watched the 2004 Summer Dawn! episode last night, and I want to *shoot* the MC for his

BELLLLLYYYYYYYYYYZZZZZ KOHBOOOOOOH

In the beginning :)

I also felt kinda bad for Risako (?) during the Natsu-no-Omoide skit (~38:00) where she couldn't read the kanji for Natsumatsuri :\ The twitch followed by the o___O *stare at MC O___o*. So much pressure on someone so young :w00t:

-nyekobug

Yeah I saw that part,Risako made that mistake to me its cute,make u go,"Aww,she can read that kanji,how sweet..." shes only 11 years old anyway,I also prefer "special generation" damn its catchy,~supereshu ganaleshion~ wo~

#120 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:38 PM

I'm a conspiracy theorist. I'm convinced that the song was meant for MM, however, because the lucky 7 audition fell thru, they gave that song to BK ^^;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users