Remember their debut single?

Believe In Love

#383 Teck

Teck

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

We will never forget Zone.  Wonder what are the girls up to nowadays, hope they're doing okay.

Next trip to Japan would be probably to Osaka area again in January 2016.

#384 cypher0

cypher0

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:48 AM

Any news on what Maiko and Miyu are up to after they left Runtime?

#385 Teck

Teck

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

Any news on what Maiko and Miyu are up to after they left Runtime?

No idea where everybody is now.  They're hiding from the media I guess.

Happy Birthday Tomoka!

#386 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

It's been a while, huh?  Sorry about that.  I don't know how many ZONE fans still lurk around here, but I figured you might want to see this....

These tweets were originally from the ending of September, but it seems that they've only started circulating around withiin the past week.

A "Magician Geinin" by the name of YOSHI visited Hokkaido in September.  I don't know much about YOSHI, but it seems he hosts a talk & game battle show here

Apparently, while in Hokkaido, he met with Maiko....Yes, THE Maiko from ZONE....!!

He posted this picture to Twitter back in September, and this one the other day.

According to him, Maiko isn't currently doing anything related to music right now.  She also isn't signed with any type of management office at the moment.  So...it seems that after Jack&Queen disbanded, Maiko has just been living a quiet, private life back in Sapporo.

However, the most important piece of information YOSHI revealed was that Maiko is currently scheduled to appear in a future installment of his web program....!!

There's no scheduled date for the show yet, so we'll just have to stay tuned....

あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
忘れたくない あの笑顔. . . あの時. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#387 Ais

Ais

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:14 PM

A "Magician Geinin" by the name of YOSHI visited Hokkaido in September.  I don't know much about YOSHI, but it seems he hosts a talk & game battle show here
Apparently, while in Hokkaido, he met with Maiko....Yes, THE Maiko from ZONE....!!

He posted this picture to Twitter back in September, and this one the other day.

..........Is it just me or YOSHI looks like ANGERME's Take-chan XD;;

According to him, Maiko isn't currently doing anything related to music right now.  She also isn't signed with any type of management office at the moment.  So...it seems that after Jack&Queen disbanded, Maiko has just been living a quiet, private life back in Sapporo.

I'm just happy that she's happy :)

However, the most important piece of information YOSHI revealed was that Maiko is currently scheduled to appear in a future installment of his web program....!!
There's no scheduled date for the show yet, so we'll just have to stay tuned....

NIIIIIIIICE~! Kindly keep us posted XD;;

And oh, I've said this eons ago when we tried to un-defunct Zone Forever Subs, but still back to the grave, I still have plans to eventually work on Potajyu~ episodes. ZFS only released music videos (that are not seeded in the tracker anymore)

And ah - anybody got ALL the files of Utaban episodes where ZONE were guests? Utaban was always fun so I really REALLY also want to sub those.

PS: Getting that 2nd book of ZONE book, 『ロック・バンドの夢伝説 ZONE』, published February 2005, ISBN 481137925X, hopefully by early next year... hopefully. Will probably go crazy as always again and translate the whole book... maybe... got too much things in my hands orz;;

#388 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:30 PM

I saw that link on Twitter, but I didn't catch the part about her possibly making the guest appearance.  It's so nice to see Maiko smiling!  Thanks!

And Ais  --  subbed Potajyu episodes would be so much fun!  I have some of the Utaban episodes, and maybe all, but I think they're mostly low-res.  The Matthew's Best Hits ZONE episodes look like they were a lot of fun as well.

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#389 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:22 PM

I'm not really familiar with the ANGERME members, so I had to look her up....They actually do​​​ kind of look alike...! XD

Ah...ZONE Forever Subs....Such a nostalgic name....

Always amazing quality work too.  I never knew you were a member of them, Ais....

Or, maybe I did and just forgot.  It's been a long time.... ^^; ​

Subbed Potajyuu...Fans were always asking for those back in the day....It would be awesome to see them one day. The Utaban episodes were really good, and of course the Matthew's ones were awesome.  I'm pretty sure I had some clips, but I don't if I still have them.  I'll try looking.

I was kinda interested in that Rock Band - Yume no Densetsu ZONE book back then, but I heard it was an unofficial​ release.  So, unfortunately, I never got around to getting it.  Please tell us how it is if you get your hands on it!

TU, yeah, it's great to finally see Maiko smiling again after so long, isn't it?

I almost didn't catch that part about Maiko being a future guest myself until I went back to check on a couple of Yoshi's conversations with some people asking if that was really Maiko. I mean, she hasn't changed, but it's to be expected to have people ask if that really was Maiko after seeing a picture of her seemingly out of the blue like that.

Anyway, Yoshi confirmed that it really was Maiko and to look forward to her being a guest in his program in the future.

Since she's not doing anything related to music at the moment, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they'll talk about....

あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#390 a740628

a740628

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for the news.  It's nice to hear something new after 18 months ....

#391 Ais

Ais

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:38 PM

Ah...ZONE Forever Subs....Such a nostalgic name....
Always amazing quality work too.  I never knew you were a member of them, Ais....
Or, maybe I did and just forgot.  It's been a long time.... ^^;

Were you staff too? I had a different abandoned? alias then - zeldAIS :P I think this subbed MARIA release was what I was mostly involved in. It's been like ZONE Forever Subs, huh? XD;;

And Ais -- subbed Potajyu episodes would be so much fun! I have some of the Utaban episodes, and maybe all, but I think they're mostly low-res. The Matthew's Best Hits ZONE episodes look like they were a lot of fun as well.

Subbed Potajyuu...Fans were always asking for those back in the day....It would be awesome to see them one day. The Utaban episodes were really good, and of course the Matthew's ones were awesome.  I'm pretty sure I had some clips, but I don't if I still have them.  I'll try looking.

Can you guys share what you all have? Especially those of Utaban, BHTV, etc? Even though I have all of the episodes, just to be sure, also the Potajyu episodes too? Maybe upload them to Mega.nz or something. If it's also alright, just to be sure, kindly add CRC32 in the files (if you're using Windows, RapidCRC is, I think, is the mostly known application. I'm using GNU/Linux next to all the time now so I'm using cksfv). And ah, if it's not too much - also all the commercials of them (like Frushe was it?). And all other ZONE related CMs that existed that you have, like MARIA, etc etc, since I have a different plan for the release of Potajyuu & their other variety show guestings. Kindly just PM me the links :)

We have no choice for the Utaban eps, Mathew's BHTV, and especially the Potajyuu episode raws that exists to be in low resolution. I plan to just upscale them into 640x480, clean them up & try to remove the noises (pixelations, artifacts, etc), re-encode to h264/aac/mkv & all the technical aspects of encoding videos.

Anyway, if you have watched the whole candid interview of myself I linked above which to this day, I still feel uncomfortable that I was being filmed & now uploaded in the net, since the defunct of ZFS, I have been hopping here and there to other fan translating groups, and gained quite a lot of experience in the hobby. The main fan translating group I mostly coordinate in projects is SkewedS Translations.

Since ZFS, I more or less can be a one-man team in fan translating now (which I always avoid because being burnt out in the hobby is destructive & I might again be fed up & disappear again LOL).

What I'm saying is - if either or both of you, TotallyUncool & Soul of Zone, and anyone who is reading here is interested, would you like to team up with me in fan translating (not just fansubbing) such ZONE related medias? I could really use more reliable staff, technical staff mostly, if you can't translate Japanese to English, especially pre-timers that are interested in ZONE related medias.

But yeah, since I would be involved too much, it would be a SkewedS Translations title. If you checked our more recent releases in the tracker, they're rather not just high quality, but very high quality. That is the standard more or less I personally try to implement in SkewedS Translations just like how Tsunku produces his craft haha

Since it would be a SkewedS Translations title, it's our policy to not force anyone to not be tasked in titles they are not interested in. Or else, it would be a chore. (Kindly read my signature picture regarding my personal ideals about fan translating.) If you don't know how to pre-time or other technical parts in fan translating, I can more or less give you guides how to do it. But can't do one-on-one like I used to. Too many other things I have to be productive. I can still give links & guides and answer simple questions though :)

I was kinda interested in that Rock Band - Yume no Densetsu ZONE book back then, but I heard it was an unofficial​ release.  So, unfortunately, I never got around to getting it.  Please tell us how it is if you get your hands on it!

Will definitely will once I got my hands on the book :D I plan to post it in one of my translation blogs, probably the Shizen Wika Learning to be more formal or something (empty for now, but will eventually have many things to post regarding my adventures for one of my interested areas of research for my career - Human-Computer Interaction's Natural Language Processing (mostly for Speech Recognition & Sound Signal Analyses), along with learning other natural languages & dialects (partly for philology & linguistics research). I'm currently quadrilingual so far). Yakujutsu is more or less a scratchpad of things only for Japanese-English translations, but I'll probably abandon it once I'm done with one of my friend's request of their cosplay wedding article translation.

Getting back to the current topic - hopefully, somebody would record Maiko's guesting :D It would be really brilliant if it would be English translated for people like us that are long time fans :D

PS: Sorry if I randomly blurted out tl;dr stuff of some geeky nerdy stuff regarding my career XD;;

#392 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:49 AM

I'll see if I can start uploading what I have over the next week or so.  My schedule is pretty crazy right now, so I don't know if I'll have much (or any) time to pitch in with technical help, but if there are things I can do, I'm willing to help.

#393 Ais

Ais

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:07 AM

No need to apologise, TotallyUncool. And option is still open even if it takes 1 or 10 years as long as the titles haven't been started yet. Besides, even if it has started, it's still too daunting to actually be the only one working on all of them XD;; But let's see how it goes :) Looking forward for your uploads of the raws :D

#394 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:26 PM

OK!  :good:

#395 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:00 PM

Ah, I'm sorry I kinda just disappeared...!  I was busy with other things, and had a rather unusually long bout with a cold....I just recently getting online more often, aside from more simple SNS things.

I'll try finding whatever I can. Unfortunately, I think I might've lost some files over the years, but I'll see what's left.  I have no experience in fansubbing, but I have done a few translations in the past (song lyrics & magazine interviews).

I don't know what I can help with, but if there's anything, I'll do whatever I can!

Ah, I remember the name, zeldAIS! No, I wasn't a member, but I was always amazed at the quality of their work.

あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#396 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

My schedule is crazy at the moment, but I'll try to dig out the files and upload them this weekend, zeldAIS!

In the meantime, in the Life is Strange department...

I've been getting somewhat obsessed with Osaka Shunkashuto (大阪☆春夏秋冬) lately, and I had been thinking that there were a few things about them that reminded me a bit of ZONE, such as their strong classic-rock influences, their high level of vocal and dance ability and training, and their dance/performing arts school background (they came out of the HappyTime school of dance and performing arts, run by lead singer Maina's mum  --  Maina's the short girl in the video below).  I found a bunch of Youtube videos by Manyo-Syaonyan (万葉シャオニャン), an earlier version of the group (when it was basically a HappyTime dance/vocal group performing at shopping malls), when I ran into this (starting at 5:30):

It shouldn't really surprise me  --  HappyTime's web site does remind me a bit of Runtime's back when it was still a real performing arts school, and ZONE did start out pretty much the same way.  But life sure is strange some times, as they used to say in Twin Peaks... XD

#397 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:29 PM

That was some find, TotallyUncool...! :omg:

What a coincidence.... :o

あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#398 rainbowseason

rainbowseason

9th gen member

• Validating
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:18 AM

If anyone is around here still. A ZONE library is being created over at jpopsuki. Pop over and check out the collection there. Add yours too :)

#399 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:37 PM

Yay!!!

#400 Teck

Teck

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

I haven't been in Jpopsuki for a long time, will check it out.

I'll be in Osaka again in January for vacation.  I hope to visit Sapporo next year.

One of MIyu's single Confidentially, boy I sure miss her and the band.  Miss her voice too.  I really hope they're doing okay...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users