Photo

Getting ZONE Albums/Singles/DVDs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
885 replies to this topic

#1 Artie

Artie

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 01:23 AM

Can someone tell me what the difference between these two versions are?
And why one costs more than the other. If I live in America, which should I get?

Posted Image

I notice that the Japan version says it has Labelgate copy protection on it. (Which I know is easy to bypass.) :blush:

Thanks.

#2 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:30 AM

the Japanese version is the domestic version..what u can really get in Japan..the limited eds are only this version... so if u are able to get the first press (which includes goodies)..then go for this one

the overseas version is usu the taiwanese ver.. with chinese letterings and "made in Taiwan" printed on the disc itself...no goodies here..but the contents are exactly the same as the domestic version

a domestic disc typically costs 3000-4000 yen in Japan..which translates to US$30-40..the overseas version is 4-5 times cheaper to "balance out" the price with those of other discs in oversea markets.

anyway SONY is giving up on Labelgate...so it shudnt be an issue.. for N i suggest u buy the overseas ed..since u cant really get the first press (which comes with a series of cards) anymore.

:blush:
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#3 sh33p

sh33p

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:47 AM

well if it were me, i would ALWAYS get the japan version(which i did--and happy ^-^ ) :P its just me to buy the ORiGINAL good stuff :lol:

i mean, even if you dont get the cards anymore, its good to know it was made in JAPAN!! :blush:

IMO :P

dumb question: if u order from yesasia u wont get the first press edition? why? its only been a few months?
Posted Image
WAHAHAHAHA
KEEP-SMILING: Nami Tamaki Fan Club <--join =D

#4 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:06 AM

question: if u order from yesasia u wont get the first press edition? why? its only been a few months?

The first press for popular items are usually all sold out within the first couple of days, since stock is very limited.

#5 sh33p

sh33p

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:10 AM

question: if u order from yesasia u wont get the first press edition? why? its only been a few months?

The first press for popular items are usually all sold out within the first couple of days, since stock is very limited.

so EVEN IF you order on yesasia, if u do it really early u still mite get first press? :blush:
Posted Image
WAHAHAHAHA

#6 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 06:53 AM

Not just yesasia, this is the same for a lot of cd stores.

#7 sh33p

sh33p

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:08 AM

Not just yesasia, this is the same for a lot of cd stores.

yea, i know you could get it at cd stores and others(like kinokuniya), but i didnt know it worked for ONLINE buying too! cool! :blush:
Posted Image
WAHAHAHAHA

#8 Shantastic

Shantastic

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:34 AM

so EVEN IF you order on yesasia, if u do it really early u still mite get first press? ^-^

I pretty much get all my ZONE stuff from yesasia even though it takes foreeeeeeeever to get it which doesn't really make much sense since their North American headquarters is 10 minutes away from my house!? :blush: The prices are just way better than going to the Japantown in my area, and I have never had any problems getting the first press editions from them. As long as you pre-order or order right around the release date you will get the first edition with the free stickers, postcards, etc. :lol: Unfortunately for Artie since it is like 9 months after release, the first press editions are all gone hence no extra postcards. :P
Posted Image

#9 Artie

Artie

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for the info folks. :lol:

Getting stickers and posters would be nice, but my main concern, is to simply get the music. I thought that maybe the more expensive CD had additional tracks or something.

Also, now that I've "discovered" ZONE, they've pretty much moved to the top of my list of favorite JPop artists. Its important to me that I buy their CD's so that I can give the artist their "due". :blush:

I did notice that CDJapan had "Snowy Love" for several dollars less than YesAsia, but I've never dealt with them before. I've only bought from YesAsia.

Thanks again all.

#10 snow

snow

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 11:47 AM

I did notice that CDJapan had "Snowy Love" for several dollars less than YesAsia, but I've never dealt with them before. I've only bought from YesAsia.

yea I've noticed CDJapan's stuffs are slightly cheaper than yesasia but the website doesn't look professional enough to convince me to buy from them :blush:

#11 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:22 PM

snow and I get our stuff from Amazon Japan... quite fast delivery.. and for my Sotsugyou CDs they gave me first press with calendar :blush: (prob a matter of lucj also)

#12 snow

snow

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 01:10 PM

yeah, which reminds me my ZONE calendar and PB will be arriving in jan... that's very slow for me :blush:

#13 velven

velven

Official Maiko's BBQ

• Senpai
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:19 PM

:blush: i just grab stuff off the shelf of HMV and Tower records...
so i don get anything :lol:

#14 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:34 PM

actually if u order from Amazon Japan..and account for the delivery charges..its still 20-30% cheaper than the local HMV... and u get the special eds somemore. :blush:

#15 ZONElover

ZONElover

Always my goddess !!!!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:45 PM

yeah, which reminds me my ZONE calendar and PB will be arriving in jan... that's very slow for me :blush:

On jan ?!?!?! i think my calendar will come in jan and the PB only in March... normally it takes 3 months to come.....

I think if you have the chance to get the first edition (the limited) it would be awesome, like yggg and snow do... amazon japan accept a pre order for some products than you can try to get the limited edition....
Maiko, Tomoka, Miyu, Mizuho and Takayo - We will always love you !!

Posted Image

#16 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:27 PM

think we must distinguish between first press (e.g. Sotsugyou) vs Limited and normal versions (different prices e.g. Taiyou no kiss)

#17 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:34 PM

yea I've noticed CDJapan's stuffs are slightly cheaper than yesasia but the website doesn't look professional enough to convince me to buy from them :GGRR:

I've order from them before, and they're as good as any other online stores. Don't look them down cause of their simple website layout.
The only draw back with them is the shipping cost and the custom duty fees (in some parts of the globe) which will add up to be more expensive than buying from Yesasia.

#18 Shantastic

Shantastic

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 04:18 AM

I'll back turbo up on this one. I've ordered from cdjapan many times and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I agree that they are as good as any other online store out there. In fact, the ZONE trading cards which I got from cdjapan won't even come up on my credit card billing statement until next month and I have had those since release. Hahaha. The reason I prefer to order from yesasia is cuz I can't get free shipping from cdjapan the way I do with yesasia. Unfortunately, I am stiiiiiiiiiiiiill waiting for my snowy love and just 4 your luv singles which I ordered about a month ago. :GGRR: See my earlier post in this thread about yesasia's weird shipping.
Posted Image

#19 sh33p

sh33p

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 04:23 AM

I pretty much get all my ZONE stuff from yesasia even though it takes foreeeeeeeever to get it which doesn't really make much sense since their North American headquarters is 10 minutes away from my house!? :GGRR: The prices are just way better than going to the Japantown in my area, and I have never had any problems getting the first press editions from them. As long as you pre-order or order right around the release date you will get the first edition with the free stickers, postcards, etc. :P Unfortunately for Artie since it is like 9 months after release, the first press editions are all gone hence no extra postcards. :P

ok, im going to buy online from now on :P

its true for me too that the prices in japantown are expensive :P
Posted Image
WAHAHAHAHA

#20 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 01:03 PM

amazon japan stuff take about 2 weeks to arrive (normal)..or u can choose express...which cut it down to one.. consider it :P

its time to be savvy and not let the shops con our $$$ :GGRR: