Photo

Mika Nakashima

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

#1 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 06:08 PM

I got hold of some great stuff yesterday by an artist called Mika Nakashima! Anyone heard her music?
She doesn't sound like anything I normally listen to. Her sound is hard to desribe, it's kind of like soothening, yet funky jazz/RnB/mellow music. And she's got a GREAT singing voice! Hearing her sing "Amazing Grace" totally made me go :blush: :lol: . There's an american artist called LeAnn Rimes who (among others) also recorded this song, but I've never heard it sung this way...
Also; listen to the song "Yuki No Hana", a great christmas song with a sweet PV to boot.
I can't believe one cannot find artists like this in western record shelves... Go check her out!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#2 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 08:09 PM

Glad you found out about her, she's a great singer :blush:

#3 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:35 AM

its a good idea to collect her PVs :lol:

Find The Way...go go :blush:
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#4 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 03:15 AM

Find the way and Yuki no hana are nice

#5 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 04:25 AM

gundam seed fans should know her long ago.
just go buy her album "Love". all songs are great.

#6 ringoagogo

ringoagogo

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 03:52 PM

oh, yes...i love mika nakashima....i have made a few banners of her
her pvs are always amazing and very creative

my fave songs are hi no tori, legend, love addict.
everything, really....definitely check out the pvs!!

#7 sh33p

sh33p

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:31 AM

haha, TOOK you long enough to discover such a great(and pretty ^-^ ) singer! :lol:

Hinotori is :blush:
Posted Image
WAHAHAHAHA
KEEP-SMILING: Nami Tamaki Fan Club <--join =D

#8 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:58 PM

its a good idea to collect her PVs  :P

Oh, I do have some of her PVs... That big band jazz song "Fake" with her wearing kind of a gothic make-up is coool. :GGRR:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#9 Julayu

Julayu

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:58 PM

I love the PV of FAKE ! But my favorites are LEGEND & VENUS IN THE DARK, I love the 2nd !

#10 sh33p

sh33p

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 04:11 AM

mines is Hinotori :P

dressed up like a angel, throwing an arrow at herself, opening her stomach up, man that was so cool :GGRR:
Posted Image
WAHAHAHAHA
KEEP-SMILING: Nami Tamaki Fan Club <--join =D

#11 rachel

rachel

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 01:50 AM

hi im from america and I have heard Mika Nakashima. She is really great. She is better than a lot of American singers. :blush: But I will have to go for a while.

#12 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 02:26 AM

Go listen to Mika maybe? :GGRR:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#13 azwethinkweiz

azwethinkweiz

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 03:16 AM

Love Addict is my favorite song by her....it has a good PV too

#14 megumi s.

megumi s.

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 06:46 PM

i didn't like her voice at first because her vibrato was way too wide and forceful, but she's toned it down a lot. she's very pretty with a nice smooth voice and great songs (so kudos to the people who compose for her)

fav songs: "seven", "aishiteru", "venus in the dark", "I"
fav pvs: "resistance", "hi no tori", "legend"

#15 Char

Char

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:07 PM

her voice is quite the unique :lol:

her HOTNESS aside, I love Destiny's Lotus and Crescent Moon - funkyish songs are more suitable for me IMO, compared to Amazing Grace, it sounds a little too out of place :angry:
Posted Image

#16 Sukachu

Sukachu

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:16 PM

Her voice is (almost) perfect for love songs, my favourite songs of her are Aishiteru, Aroma and Yuki no Hana :angry: .
***Make a Wish. Star light star bright, grant me my wish tonight***.

Posted Image

#17 Keith

Keith

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:12 AM

I heard that Mika Nakashima had sent in her Demo to Sony for a singing contest done in Japan a while back and whoever sent in the best demo would end up becoming a pop star and she got the thumbs up.

#18 Keith

Keith

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:26 AM

Her music is good, definitely better than most artists cause of her unique jazz-like sound. She doesn't just put out main stream pop but tries to be unique and bring her own style into her music. Norah jones except with a better beat..... and a better voice...... well, better everything, I guess. :angry: If you ask me though I think a few of the songs though sound like something you'd hear in Starbucks. -_- but, you got good taste. Go get her semi-new single LEGEND. it came out in october. it's pretty cool.

#19 Sukachu

Sukachu

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:48 AM

I heard that Mika Nakashima had sent in her Demo to Sony for a singing contest done in Japan a while back and whoever sent in the best demo would end up becoming a pop star and she got the thumbs up.

A competition :angry: ?! Hmm, sounds like those competitions we have. It's a bit different and we have it every year, but this time it's about a boyband/girlband. The band who sells most of their single is going to win :P .
Most people who win this kind of competition ("win an become a star"), will disappear after a while :S . It's a good thing that Mika is still making some music :lol: .
***Make a Wish. Star light star bright, grant me my wish tonight***.

Posted Image

#20 Tin

Tin

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:53 PM

Hi there. A long time ago, there was a TV-documentary about upcomming J-Pop stars in Japan on the German television. I think it was called "Tokyo Idol" or "Tokyo Stars". In this broadcast,they showed the Audition of Mika Nakashima at Sony Records. Very interesting and funny, because she forgot some lines of the text, she wanted to sing. But in the end she got it... I got this TV-documentary on my PC, but it's 1,3GB big. So, i cannot send it, to someone who's interested, by MSN-Messenger! Bye and have a nice Day.