13 replies to this topic

#1 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

I've checked the threads and I found alot of people do not know who exactly Horie Yui is. Some confused her with YUI B) , others confuse her with other pop-singers. Granted, there is too many Yui's out there ^^; So I'm gonna dedicate a thread for this super talented lady, she really deserves it :good:

I bet most of you would have heard of either Love Hina or School Rumble B) , 2 very popular anime and manga. If you haven't than I thing you're not from Earth XP

Here is a quick intro an extracted from Wiki.

Yui Horie (堀江 由衣, Horie Yui, born September 20, 1976) is a popular singer and voice actress in Japan. Horie's given name is Yoshiko, and she is sometimes affectionately nicknamed "Hocchan" (ほっちゃん, "Hocchan") by her Japanese fans. She is not to be confused with YUI, another J-Pop singer.

She hosts a radio show called "Horie Yui no Tenshi no Tamago" (堀江由衣の天使のたまご, "Yui Horie's Angel Eggs"?) and is the founding member of the singing group, Aice5. She is also a member of the band Kurobara Hozonkai, with the name YUIEL. Her blood type is B [1], and her hobbies include shoulder massage, reading and food.

Love Hina
Posted Image

Narusegawa Naru
Posted Image
I mentioned Love Hina earlier. Yui is the seiyu for Naru Narusegawa, the main character from Love Hina. Love Hina was the anime that catapulted Yui's career into orbit. She not only performs as a seiyu but also records several of the songs on Love Hina. Here is a list of what I could find on Wiki:

1) Mainichi ga O-tenki (lit. Good Weather Every Day) - Love Hina, Insert
2) Egao No Mirai E (lit. Towards A Future Of Smiles) - Love Hina
3) Kirari Takaramono (lit. Glittering Treasures) - Love Hina Again, Opening
4) Be for me, be for you - Love Hina Again, Ending
5) Yakusoku (lit. Promise) - Love Hina, Insert
6) Happy Happy Rice Shower - Love Hina
7) RAMUNE iro no natsu - Love Hina

Posted Image
Her biggest success and most prominient project would be none other than School Rumble. Yui's name has become synonym with School Rumble. Say School Rumble and you'd recall the opening theme for the 1st season titled "Scramble". This opening theme was performed by Yui with Unscandal and has become like a trade mark tune for School Rumble.

As seiyu, Yui plays the part of the beautiful, intelligent, wealthy and popular Sawachika Eri.
Posted Image

Sawachika has some similarities with Narusegawa in that both are intelligent, strong willed and beautiful.

From what I have listened so far, I love her music!! Its fun and happy :D I have to admit, I don't know much about her singing career, I'm only recently got to know this lady from the anime she has worked on. So I'll be researching about Horie Yui more and discover more of her music.

Ok.. Thats all for now.. I'll post more links when I come across them.. enjoy Horie Yui :good:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#2 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:31 AM

List of songs performed by Horie Yui:
1) Scramble (with UNSCANDLE; Opening theme for School Rumble - season 1)
2) Kirari Takaramono (Opening theme for Love Hina - season 2)
3) Koi suru tenkizu
4) Love Power (Aice5: Yui Horie (Leader), Masumi Asano, Madoka, Kimura, Chiaki Tkahashi, Akemi Kanda)
5) Egao no Rensa
6) Days
7) Love Destiny (Opening theme for Sister Princess)
8) Be for You, Be for Me (Very nice song, to bad there is no PV made for this song - just the closing scene from Love Hina)
9) Hikari (Opening theme for Inukami)
10) Yakusoku (Live performance during the Love Hina concert)
11) All My Love
12) Blue Heaven (with Kurobara Hozonkai)
13) Kokoro Harete Yoru mo Akete (Opening theme for Jubei-chan 2)

Something extra I ran into:
* Love Hina Live Concert (with Eng sub)

* Horie Yui on Hey!Hey!Hey!

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#3 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:05 PM

For the week of 16/6-22/6 Horie-san's Cristmas Live DVD took the no.1 spot for Music DVD ranking on Oricon with a sell of over 6000 sales units (source: Oricon Style Magazine).
Posted Image

Horie-san Christmas Live DVD promo

The DVD Trailer

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#4 Ereiriyu

Ereiriyu

Pyonnn~

• Senpai
  • 1366 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:02 PM

Here~ Some songs Of her

Pre-Parade - ToraDora
Silky Heart - "
Vanilla Salt - "
Orange - "

I dunno If She Also Sings AGAIN of Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood <3

tumblr_mwq3ni7rtB1t23kupo1_500.png

Gaki's little fan since 2008 ^^

#5 Nigelkun

Nigelkun

blargh

• Senpai
  • 3013 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

you just need to go to her ANN entry to see the amount of work she has done..... just seems like yesterday we @ wannabefansubs celebrated her 30th birthday.... hahaa memories...
She is a super seiyuu... along with Noto Mamiko.... just below Megumi Hayashibara...
I need my Airi

#6 Ereiriyu

Ereiriyu

Pyonnn~

• Senpai
  • 1366 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:57 PM

:w00t: Kawaii Seiyuu! I LOVE YUI HORIE!

tumblr_mwq3ni7rtB1t23kupo1_500.png

Gaki's little fan since 2008 ^^

#7 sensui

sensui

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:13 PM

:huh: Does anyone here know how to listen online to Hocchan radio show: " Horie Yui no tenshi no tamago". I heared that it's broadcasted on every 0:30 am Mondays on JOQR station, but i don't know how to access the live broadcast.I found :http://radiotime.com/station/s_14577/JOQR_1134.aspx while was searching for the answer, but it seem that this web is not a radio station as it claim to be, the informations keep repeating everytime you turn it on. It must be some kind of record i think. If there's any one in this forum know how to listen to the show or know where to download it's record please let me know, thanks a lot. I forgot to mention that on the station i found the repeating informations i heared were somthing else, not " Horie Yui no Tenshi no tamago"

#8 Apple Cake

Apple Cake

Maimai ♔ Zukki

• Senpai
  • 2176 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:05 AM

hocchan has the sweetest voice ever! ( in both voice acting and singing. ) d'awwww ~

meee.jpg

Check out my personal blog!

*。*

Slice of Apple Cake 

▷ Update: ℃-ute - THE FUTURE Dance Cover //

#9 ❤-u-den

❤-u-den

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

I LOVE HOCCHAN!! Before H!P, Before Ayu, Yui Horie was my first j-pop obsession :)

I actually just recently watched her 2006 Tour (it took literally MONTHS to find and its in some strange format anyway >_<) and it was amazing!! She's such an awesome performer. The whole concert was wonderland-themed and it all told a story of sorts, including some diamond she finds in a forest and some cloaked figure stealing it and some intense sword fighting and the eventual returning of the diamond to the King and Queen ^^; It was a really fun twist on a normal J-pop concert.

She recently had a 2-day show in Budokan as well, which I really hope is released on DVD as it looks adorable :D

TqH7Qlk.gif

#10 sky_fish

sky_fish

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

Yui Horie is a really great person I think =)
I love her songs and her voice as a voice actor.
Her songs are really catchy and cute ^^
She does a great job and I hope to hear more from her ^^

507330_original.jpg

#11 Irmoesss

Irmoesss

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

She was at Anime Expo, too.

She RULES!!! YAHHO!! was VERY awesome x3 The song that got me hooked was Nano Desu (Higurashi Character song) Hauau, Hauu, Hauauau... or something like that ._.
Who was murdered, and was it gruesome?

#12 Boom

Boom

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

I didn't know that this post existed... Hocchan is my "first love" shall we say. She was the first to really get me into J-pop and she does have an amazing voice and I've watched a lot of her concerts and they're always amazing especially the Christmas one in 2008. It's a shame that she doesn't get more leading roles in anime because I really love her acting.
Avatar by gamergirl @ musume-central

#13 Bisso

Bisso

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

I like her, the Love Hina OST is the first japanese cd I bought when I was 15 yo. And I loved School Rumble and of course Scramble, the opening theme. After 8 years I still listen to her Love Hina songs sometimes ah ah.

Thanks for the Yakusoku live video, I have never seen it before!

#14 Sanalui

Sanalui

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:22 AM

wow... i just dig this music section and found her thread  :ph34r:

i really loves Hottchan! i know her since i just 8 year old and until now, i still listen to her songs  :good:

she is a very versatile singer, her voice are so cute with a sweet tone!  :arrow:

one think i don't like about her are her dancing  :c03:  she's alwys looks so stiff when dancing, well... she's not an idol after all, so that's okay lol...

her best song for me are Try Again, what a very optimist song and give me more energy to start my activity  :w00t:

and she's looks like Takase Kurumi! my fav kenshuusei  :arrow:

mYJHMOa.png

~ SATO MASAKI :arrow: HAMAURA AYANO  :arrow: ALL H!P MEMBERS  :arrow:  LOVE THEM ALL    :chuu: ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users