• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#41 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

I think you can order one from their site and maybe they can ship it to Canada. I'm gonna order a Zune when I get home. the customizing is really cool but the only gay thing is you can't use your own pic you can only use the preselected pics. but some of them are nice and you can put text up to 30 charachters

racequeen.jpg

#42 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:45 PM

Seems I can't order from any of the sites they make you order from...as all the Canadian variations of the sites don't stock Zunes, and the american stores only ship to american states.

Damn...I really don't wanna get another Ipod. Are there any other alternatives to Ipods out there?
Posted Image

#43 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:13 AM

Aside from the Zune, the iRiver Clix looks pretty neat.

http://www.iriverame...rod/ultra/clix/

Posted Image

#44 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:22 AM

Aside from the Zune, the iRiver Clix looks pretty neat.

http://www.iriverame...rod/ultra/clix/

Ehh...the storage space on it is pathetic. Only 4GB? I need something n the range of 30-60GB.

Edit: I think I found the MP3 player I'm gonna go with:
http://www.staples.c...;affixedcode=WW

I had always considered this one before the Zune, but now that I know I can't get a Zune, I might go with this one. A friend of mine had one, and he was quite pleased with it. It also has some neat features such as a voice recorder and an FM radio, which is cool.

Still though, is the Ipod touch really worth it? I mean, its touch capabilities and general layout are cool, but it really doesn't seem worth $500, considering you only get 16GB of space.
Posted Image

#45 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:34 AM

^ what kind of player is it? ti says we need canadian zip code to see

I just ordered my Zune and like Aigon said they don't ship outside of US. for your best bet I try eBay if you don't have any problems with that place

and I got the free inscription too so nobody can't steal my player <3 .

racequeen.jpg

#46 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:50 AM

@ Aigon

If space is really important to you, then go for the iPod Classic. I still think the iPod Touch is the best MP3 player on the market though. Space isn't really an issue since there's really no point in placing your entire collection on an MP3 player, just put the songs you listen to the most on it.

Posted Image

#47 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:54 AM

@ Aigon

If space is really important to you, then go for the iPod Classic.

Um...thats what I have now. Its last gen, but I still think it would be stupid for me to spend $300 to essentially get the same MP3 player I have now.

Like I said earlier, I have had quite a few problems with my Ipod classic, so it would be redundant to get another one.

I think I'm defenitly gonna get either the Creative Labs Zen Vision, or a Zune if I can get one off eBay. Ipods are no longer an option for me. There are quite a few Zunes on eBay, so getting one of their shouldn't be a problem.
Posted Image

#48 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:58 PM

Apple has just released a 32 GB iPod Touch, and an iPod Nano in pink. I need to sell my current iPod Touch... Early adopters always get screwed.. >_<

Posted Image

#49 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:15 AM

Apple has just released a 32 GB iPod Touch, and an iPod Nano in pink. I need to sell my current iPod Touch... Early adopters always get screwed.. >_<

32GB? Odd number. Hmm, how is the touch anyway? Are the touch capabilities good?Does it function well? I'm rethinking getting a touch, as it does look decent, and with that size, it might be the player for me...I'm kinda losing interest in the others I talked about.

Seems my loathing for Ipods in general is starting to go away...my current one has been pretty good in regards to problems lately.
Posted Image

#50 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:38 AM

Hehe, iPods are the king of MP3s for a reason. :blink:

The Touch is fantastic. Easily the most capable MP3 player out there. The touch screen is very responsive and can tell the difference between your finger and another hard object. Best of all, the screen is made of glass so it's pretty scratch resistant. I jailbreaked mine so it kind of freezes once in a while, but other than that, it's perfect. Video on this thing is just amazing. Plus it also has built in WiFi so if you're ever near a hotspot, you can hope on the net to browse sites or youtube videos.

I really think you should get it. It's pretty much an iPhone sans the phone.

Posted Image

#51 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:52 AM

Hehe, iPods are the king of MP3s for a reason. :blink:

The Touch is fantastic. Easily the most capable MP3 player out there. The touch screen is very responsive and can tell the difference between your finger and another hard object. Best of all, the screen is made of glass so it's pretty scratch resistant. I jailbreaked mine so it kind of freezes once in a while, but other than that, it's perfect. Video on this thing is just amazing. Plus it also has built in WiFi so if you're ever near a hotspot, you can hope on the net to browse sites or youtube videos.

I really think you should get it. It's pretty much an iPhone sans the phone.

I might just do that. I think the reason why I didn't consider the original touch is because I the biggest one I could get was 16GB; kinda felt like It would be a downgrade from a 30GB. The 32GB remedies the problem.

Only thing I'm worried about in regards to the 32GB Touch is the price. The 16GB is already around $370, so the 32Gb one is gonna be at least $450.
Posted Image

#52 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:04 AM

=\ Yeah the price is just killer. $499 Stateside, not sure about Canada. But hell, it's the best darn MP3 player out there.

Posted Image

#53 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:16 AM

=\ Yeah the price is just killer. $499 Stateside, not sure about Canada. But hell, it's the best darn MP3 player out there.

I figure it will be about the same price up here as well. Hmm, still, it might be worth it.

Edit: I took a better look at the features and specs for the Touch...yeah...I'm getting one. No doubt about it. Guess I don't hate Ipods anymore :good:
Posted Image

#54 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:59 AM

Yes! Join us... :good:

When are you planning on getting it?

Posted Image

#55 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:03 AM

Yes! Join us... B)

When are you planning on getting it?

Not for another month and a half at least. Sadly...I'm broke at the moment :good:

I am liking that you can access the internet on it. Looks easy to use as well, unlike the PSP's internet system, which is just horrendous. Guess adding a touch screen helps in so many ways.
Posted Image

#56 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:55 AM

looks like your gonna get the touch after all. one thing to keep in mind about touch screen tech is once its gets calibrated to your touch. you will gonna have to force it bit to get the touch going. since its mp3 with internet and everything its projected touch life will be about a year.

but on the plus side there are lots of hacks for it like playing game boy games on it!

racequeen.jpg

#57 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:12 AM

looks like your gonna get the touch after all. one thing to keep in mind about touch screen tech is once its gets calibrated to your touch. you will gonna have to force it bit to get the touch going. since its mp3 with internet and everything its projected touch life will be about a year.

but on the plus side there are lots of hacks for it like playing game boy games on it!

Yeah, I think its better for me to get a Touch than a Zune, primarily because if I had a problem with a Zune, I wouldn't be able to do anything about it locally because they don't sell them here. If it broke in any way...thats it, its done. At least I know if I have a problem with an Ipod, I'll always have a warranty on it. Also, I'm kinda used to iTunes, so it would be nice to not have to switch over to a new program.

Besides, I'd have to get a Zune over eBay, whereas I can just go to a local store to get a Touch. Much better and more reliable.
Posted Image

#58 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

since you put it that way then you should get the touch then. I always forget you in Canada and the Zune is not officially released there yet. and its gonna be trouble since you can't get it replaced if broken. so your right to get the touch.

racequeen.jpg

#59 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:46 AM

I use an archos 404 camcorder.

I originally bought a Creative Zen 16GB, but I returned it because the screen was far too small, and I wanted to use it to watch video (with subtitles) on it as well. I also didn't want an ipod touch or a zune, since they are overpriced, and didn't have the features I want. I also don't really care for touchscreens.

I then found the archos 404 camcorder, which is the same price as the Creative Zen 16GB ($189).
The archos has twice the storage space (30GB), but is only 0.1 inches thicker than the creative zen. Since the screen is larger, (3.5" versus 2.5"), I can watch videos with subs as well. It also has a microphone, speaker, and a camera built in so I can take video or pictures as well (I use it a lot when I'm on a trip and want to take a lot of video, or when I go snowboarding). I also have a digital camera, but I don't carry it around all the time with me, and if I want to take a video of something on the spot, I just use my archos (it records at 640x480, the same as my digicam anyways).

I use it about half the time to listen to music, and the other half to watch videos when I'm away from my comp and want to watch something. I've liked archos for a while, I used to have an old 6GB jukebox recorder from about 10 years ago, and I have a 5-6 year old gmini 100 20GB as well (which I now use for a portable HDD).

If I want to listen to music while I am working out though, I just use my $30 zen stone since it is lightweight (and tiny!), and I never need more than 1GB when I am in a situation where I don't want a big mp3 player (big compared to the stone) in my pocket.
Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#60 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:31 PM

just got my 80gb Zune and its freaking awesome. the sync that doesn't suck like it use to and the screen is amazing. and MS really fixed all the problems with the first gen. as of right now I can't find any complaints with it so I'm loving it

racequeen.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users