• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 01:34 AM

I was thinking about doing this for a while because I'm thinking about getting a new mp3 player since my old iRiver is dying out on me.

so I have narrowed my choices down to these 3

Zune 80 gig
http://reviews.cnet....?tag=prod.txt.3

iPod touch 16 gig
http://reviews.cnet....?tag=prod.txt.1

iPod classic 160
http://reviews.cnet....?tag=prod.txt.2

I want the touch because the feature is cool. the classic because of its big size. and the zune because they fixed most of the problems they had with the first one plus its non apple so thats another point for them.

right now I'm leaning more towards the Zune because video quality is better than classic and bigger size than the touch.

racequeen.jpg

#2 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:03 AM

If those are the 3 you've narrowed it down to, I'd go with the Zune. I myself own an iPod (specifically a 30GB Video iPod), and I constantly wish I had something else. My iPod is constantly freezing up, and the click wheel can be really sluggish at times. The touch looks awesome in my opinion, as it eliminates the dumb click wheel, but the price is ridiculous.
Posted Image

#3 SteveDoubleU

SteveDoubleU

Custom member title

• Senpai
  • 741 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 04:37 AM

"be nonconformist and get the Zune" - a cool guy

"get the iPod touch" - a snob

...just plan on getting the iPod touch, change your mind, and get a Zune so you can use the left over money for something else

Posted Image

JunJun is God.

#4 Gomi

Gomi

Gaki Fan Fo' life (*^^*)

• Senpai
  • 1141 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:31 AM

Yeah i'm interested in getting a player too. Does anyone have or used a Zune before? i like the sound of them only because i don't want to be one of the millions of ipod users :lol: but i've heard some bad reports about them.

Posted Image

#5 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:59 AM

seems like everyone doesn't really like their iPods from the freezing and preloaded windows virus. after looking around the web I found this site comparing the 2nd gen Zunes with the iPod Classics

http://www.zunescene.com/comparison/

from what I seen on that site the Zune is still in the lead for me but still waiting for the final product of the 80 gig version. the other thing I like about the Zune is you can customize the shell its so cool plus its free if you order it from the site. now when someone steals your Zune you know its yours

https://zuneoriginal...eFlashSite.aspx

racequeen.jpg

#6 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:16 AM

I'm not too sure on what the new Zunes are like, but the old 1st gen Zune SUCKS. My friend bought the Halo 3 edition Zune and God, that thing is horrid! We would not stop bashing him for getting a Zune; it's like he's scarred for life now. >_>

Am I the only person here who likes their iPod? :lol: To me, it's a very sturdy and great MP3 player (I have the 30 gig video). Probably the only downside to it is you have to use iTunes, but iTunes is pretty good. Go for the Touch, you won't regret it.

Posted Image

#7 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

The 3rd Knight of Reina Revolution 07 Elite Moon Knight Brigade

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:42 PM

The only reason I would get an ipod touch is because of it's touch screen but personally one thing I hate about touch screens is that after abit of usage, all the oil and fingerprints from your palms and fingers get to the screen and leaves those icky marks on it... That sucks... I have a tablet pc myself and I have to CONSTANTLY clean the screen to get rid of the oil and fingerprint marks...

I'm pretty happy with my Creative ZEN vision.
Posted Image
:おつかれいなぁ~(●^ v ^●)

#8 cls

cls

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:12 PM

I'm pretty happy with my Creative ZEN vision.

I got a creative player as well, cool stuff

Posted Image

#9 yelloman

yelloman

♥ 亀井 絵里 ♥

• Senpai
  • 1055 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:44 AM

i dont know what the zune is but i love my ipod video to bits, cant do without it now. have to admit that it has crashed on me a few times but nothing that a simple reset couldnt fix.

ノノ*^ー^) Posted Image ノノ*^ー^)

#10 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:54 AM

The only reason I would get an ipod touch is because of it's touch screen but personally one thing I hate about touch screens is that after abit of usage, all the oil and fingerprints from your palms and fingers get to the screen and leaves those icky marks on it... That sucks... I have a tablet pc myself and I have to CONSTANTLY clean the screen to get rid of the oil and fingerprint marks...

You should get a screen protector like Power Support Crystal Film or Shieldzone's Invisible Shield.

Posted Image

#11 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:34 PM

I asked friend my who works for HP about the touch feature the other day and what he said was pretty interesting. Its interesting because he says HP printers with touch screen is easy to sell but they breakdown faster because of the touch feature. He says once the touch screen gets calibrated to you its gonna wear out in about a year and you have to use some force on it. I'm not sure if this applies to the iPod Touch but now I'm hesitate about getting the touch.

racequeen.jpg

#12 finch

finch

Addict

• Senpai
  • 996 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

I have one of these:
Power Up 2GB MP3/WMA Player

It doesn't advertise it, but it plays most .ogg files just fine, so long as they don't exceed 192kbps. In fact, my only reason for buying it was that it was a cheap .ogg player. The shuffle mode doesn't work very well, and the user interface has a steep learning curve.

#13 ilovemychibidonut

ilovemychibidonut

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:09 PM

i have one of the original 30 GB Zunes which i've had for over a year. It's sooooo wonderful. My background is a pic of LinLin. I very much reccomend them over ipods. I had one and hated it. >_<

#14 2D_

2D_

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:44 AM

iAudio MP3 Player

I've been wanting to get an iAudio music player for a while now but I've never seen them upgrade the iAudio5 or any of their other models beyond 30GB. With my audio collection I need over 100GB which is why I've been looking at the iPod Classic.

I have a 30GB 5th Gen iPod at the moment and I do not like it. The software can be slow at times and there is no button separately for volume. Sometimes while browsing through songs a track will play that is too loud and I have to pull out my earphones and wait until it lets me change the volume.

Does anyone have any experience with the iAudio players? I need something that I can easily drag music into without having to use software like iTunes or programs that substitute for it.

-Dave

#15 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:45 AM

currently using a 30GB iPod classic
it's my erm....4rd iPod product so far
i had a 4GB iPod mini, then that got the sad iPod icon so i sent it in
then got a 4GB nano...sat on it so i had to buy a new one
got a 30GB iPod, sad iPod icon
so now i have my current one........
yeah lots and lots of iPods, maybe i'm unlucky or something but they haven't been that reliable, they work well tho until they die on me
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#16 mangomalte

mangomalte

"blame" invis for that ^

• Senpai
  • 3574 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:25 AM

Does anyone have any experience with the iAudio players? I need something that I can easily drag music into without having to use software like iTunes or programs that substitute for it.

i have an iAUDIO X5L 30GB media player. and i've had some serious bad luck with mine. when i bought it i loved it with all of my heart. no more iTunes to get my music on it and you browse through the folders just like on your computer. that's what i love about it. and you can play video, radio, record, store pictures and other stuff.
anyway, some time after i had bought it, half a year or something, it started to act strange, clicking and lagging and stuff. so i went online and read that i was supposed to upgrade my firmware and i did just like it said but it just wouldn't upgrade. i sent mail to the service team at COWON and i talked with a lot of people on their forum, but they hadn't heard of anyone having my kind of problem before. so i sent it in for service, it was supposed to take 3 weeks, so i went back after three weeks and asked if they had got it back from service. they said that i had got an SMS which said that it would take another 3 weeks (which i hadn't). so i waited another three weeks. and when i got back again they said that they had had it for two weeks. no information this time either... so i got it back. and what had they done with it? i started it and all my files were still there! they hadn't upgraded it... in fact, they hadn't done anything with it. :lol:
now i have all kinds of problems with it, it lags and crashes while watching videos, it changes to the next song every now and then, it jumps forward some 5 seconds sometimes, the sorting of the folders are messed up in a way that i don't have the energy to explain and now my joystick starts to have problem to go down. all of this would be fixed in a jiffy if i could upgrade my firmware... :bad:
but i think it's really good, i was just unlucky. of course, there are better players around now. i didn't like that you had to convert every video to be able to play it on the player (although it made the files a LOT smaller).

Posted Image
my last.fm ・ visit #risa @ efnet.org

#17 NatsuNoCheri

NatsuNoCheri

Sayaka Kitahara's no. 1 Wota

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:11 PM

I'm currently using a 30 GB iPod Video. The display is great, music quality is excellent, but there are some issues...

1. It doesn't turn off after I've viewed pictures! I have several H!P photobooks, along with other random images, on my iPod. I like to look through them. There's just one problem: After I look at the pictures, my iPod won't turn off. I have to put it in my dock, and then turn the dock off. :w00t:
2. It gets really warm sometimes. The thing could probably get hotter, but if I've used it for a little while it feels hot on the back.
3. I can hear the stupid ass technology inside making noise. Happens mostly when I'm changing songs. I hear the parts inside, whirring and working away. Also, when it's in my dock, sometimes I hear a sound that sounds kind of like a scream. I know it's from the iPod because when I paused the song or even turned the whole thing off, it stopped. And besides, when I looked around the house, there was nobody screaming. This is annoying, but not the biggest issue. :w00t:

#18 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:30 AM

im still on my 256mb and looking for maybe a 4GB video player
mPio's stuff seems always to be cheaper than others, i think 4GB video was $99 for them while others were like $129

but how often would ppl use mp3 to watch videos anyways, good videos on small screen is quite a pain. :whistle:

and i dont want a mp3 with rechargable batteries cuz i always have the feeling that once they die you will need to replace them with lots of money :bad:

EDIT: damn you guys all on 30GB :P

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#19 fr0d0b0ls0n

fr0d0b0ls0n

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1027 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:29 AM

I own a 30gb Ipod Video, and I'm pretty happy with it. I haven't seen another mp3 that wanna make me change an Ipod (except another Ipod maybe).

Cons:

-Sometimes it doesnt wanna shut off. Usually starting another song and stopping it lets me shut off the Ipod, anyway in standby mode consumes almost no battery.

-The battery life is too low in video mode. But that's doesn't happen in the new models.

-Yeah, sometimes the engines makes extrange sounds.

I'll love to have a Touch (longer battery, bigger screen), but 16 Gb is too low. I have 4gb of music and 18 of video (4 Morning Musume concerts, 1 H!P, 1 Zone, and many many PVs) in my actual Ipod. I hate to change stuff on my mp3...

Aichan - Kamei - Riho - Kaedy - Sakura - Maachan - Fukuchan - Ayumi

#20 Just4FuN

Just4FuN

矢島ヲタ

• Senpai
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:16 AM

Mine is the iPod Classic 80Gb with lots of loseless music and dvds. it fits well with the shell of my previous iPod Video 30Gb.

everything is good - nice dac providing more fun sound, but do not recommend to update the latest firmware. it leaks the zzzzz sound while turning the iPod off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users