784 replies to this topic

#1 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:00 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Wonder Girls, under the care of Park Jin Young, debuted on February 10th, 2007 with their first single "Irony". They are JYP's first ever girl group and so people had a lot of expectation from them. Before their stage debut, the girls' were on a reality tv show, "MTV Wonder Girls" where they showed their fans how they prepared for their debut. It also introduced each member to the audience. Starting with leader Min SunYe, rapper Kim HyunAh, mandu Ahn SoHee, 4D Sun Mi, and finally introducing their newest member to the team, talented Park YeEun.

In late July, rapper Kim HyunAh was pulled out of the group due to her health problem (chronic gastroenteritis) and was replaced with Kim YuBin, a trainee sent from Good Entertainment. She debuted 3 days later with the rest of the members singing their hit song "Tell Me" on KBS Music Bank. Their first full length album was released on September 13th, 2007. The song quickly climbed up the charts and the girls' received their first win, against idol boy band Big Bang, on November 9th, 2007. The dance became a huge hit that it's known as the "Tell Me Virus" and that had earned the girls the title "Korea's Little Sister".

Their "Wonder Years" promotion ended in late 2007 and the girls' flew to New York to feature in Park JinYoung's "JYP Tour" along with other JYP artist like, Min, G-Soul, and Lim JeongHee. They also recorded their music video "Wishing On A Star" ft. Sohee and SunMi. While in New York, they recorded their third season of "MTV Wonder Girls".

The Wonder Girls returned to South Korea in the spring of 2008 and released their new hit single, "So Hot" in the summer. The song quickly topped charts and the girls' won their first award during their comeback stage on KBS Music Bank.

They finally ended their "So Hot" promotions in late summer and release their highly anticipated 3rd single, "Nobody" early autumn. The song reached to #1 on KBS Music Bank for 4 consecutive weeks and this also created the "Nobody Craze". At the end of the year awards the girls' won three awards, including "Song of the Year" and "Best Music Video" for "Nobody", and "Best Female Group" at the Mnet KM Music Festival. The group also won an award at the 2008 Golden Disk Awards for high digital sales. At the 18th Seoul Music Awards, the Wonder Girls won the Daesang ("Artist of the Year" award) for "Nobody", along two other awards. They won against big artist like DBSK, Big Bang, Lee Hyori, and Rain making them the top girl group of the year.

Right after the promotions of "Nobody" ended, the girls' started to get ready for their first ever concert. Having a their own concert was a big achievement because the last time a girl group held a concert was 10 years ago from girl group "Fin.K.L". They were also the first girl group to hold an overseas concert.
The concert kicked off in Thailand then went to the United States (heading 3 concerts LA, OC, and NY) and then finally ending two concerts in South Korea (Busan and Seoul). After the concert ended the girls' packed their bags and flew to their JYP Headquarters in New York where they had the opportunity to be one of the opening acts for mega boy band Jonas Brothers.

The Wonder Girls' released their English version of "Nobody" on June 26th, 2009 and began their tour with the Jonas Brothers on June 27th, 2009 coincidentally the same day as Sohee's birthday. They were originally suppose to open for only 13 cities but because of their quick thinking (during a performance where the staffs forgot to bring out their mics), they were asked to stay on tour for all 45 cities.

After the tour ended, the girls went back to their home in New York and started working on their first English album, that is set to release sometime in November of 2009.

While recording their first English album, the girls joined with the teen store "Justice" and promoted their "Nobody" song, that was selling for $1 (in order to introduce it to other possible fans). This marketing tactic was a huge success that it landed the girls on the main BillBoard Chart, ranking at #76 on October 22nd, 2009.

When the girls were on the chart, they few back to South Korea to film for their new CF (Mori Coffee) and there they held a press conference to talk about their advance into the USA Market, their feeling about getting on the BillBoard Charts, and their upcoming future plans in both America and China.

After flying back to the States, several days later the girls' flew back to Korea to prepare for their Shanghai concert in December. For that reason the girls' first USA debut album has been pushed back to next year February 2010.

On January 22nd, 2010 shocking news came to WonderFuls all over the world as JYPE announced member Sun Mi's withdrawal from the group. Within a few hours, JYPE announced that Hae Lim will be taking over Sun Mi's spot as she (Sun Mi) continued her studies

Wonder Girls Websites

Wonder Girls World

Spectacle International Forum

Wonder Girls International Forum

Wonder Girls @ Soompi

The Wonder Begins
February 13th, 2007
Posted Image
Irony
Bad Boy
A Sorry Heart
Irony (Tae Kwon-Daybreak Remix)
Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TF1L5BDG

The Wonder Years
September 13th, 2007
Posted Image
I Wanna
This Fool
Tell Me
Friend
Headache
So What ft. David Kim
Wishing On A Star
Move ft. Lee Minwoo "M"
Take It
Good Bye
Bad Boy
A Sorry Heart
Irony
Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RV6UV5Y5

So Hot: The Thrid Project
June 3rd, 2008
Posted Image
So Hot
This Time
You're Out
Tell Me (Rap Version)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?mnmiiwhk3tt

The Wonder Years- Trilogy
September 22nd, 2008
Posted Image
Nobody (Ballad - Intro)
Nobody*
I Tried
Saying I Love You
Nobody (Rainstone Remix)
Nobody (Instrumental)
I Tried (Instrumental)
Saying I Love You (Instrumental)
Nobody (Rainstone Remix) (Instrumental)
Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SCO90WWF

June 26th, 2009
Posted Image
Nobody (English Version) (Online ONLY)

October 10th, 2009
Posted Image
Nobody
Nobody (Karaoke)
Nobody (Instrumental)

The Wonder Years- Trilogy (Chinese Version)
(TBA) 2010
Posted Image
1. Irony
2. 抱歉的心 (Sorry Heart)
3. Tell me
4. I wanna
5. Good bye
6. 这傻瓜 (E babo)
7. 拿走吧 (Take it)
8. So hot
9. This time
10. Headache
11. Nobody
12. Saying I love you
13. I tried
14. Tell me ( chinese version)
15. So hot(chinese version)
16. Nobody(chinese version)

DVD:
1. Tell me(Music Video)
2. So hot(Music Video)
3. Nobody(Music Video)

http://i42.tinypic.com/2mpbprm.jpg
2 Different Tears
May 15th, 2010 on iTunes
Tracklist:
1. 2 Different Tears
2. So Hot
3. Tell Me
4. Nobody
5. 2 Different Tears Remix
6. Nobody Rainstone Remix
7. Nobody Jason Nevins Remix
8. 2 Different Tears (Korean)
9. 2 Different Tears (Chinese)
10. 2 Different Tears (Karaoke)
11. 2 Different Tears (Instrumental)

Credit to WGSpectacle.com, Wonder Girls Wikipedia, JYP Entertainment, baidu.com and Jenpoo

#2 mzpinay x3

mzpinay x3

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:27 PM

Wonder Girls!! :P :good:

I like their latest single too. I didn't pay much attention to them until they did that joint thing with Big Bang(:P). I just listened to their first single and their album like a couple days ago and I love it! Def. one of my fav groups right now.
reina x3

#3 donkeykong80

donkeykong80

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:45 PM

OMFG Wonder Girls I freaking love them.
I've never heard of them until someone uploaded their album and mentioned that its a new girl group. And since I'm a sucker for girl groups I checked it out. The album was pretty good and their PVs were interesting. So yeah.

Tell Me seems to be a big hit in Korea and even policemen in the streets are dancing along to it.
Posted Image

#4 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

Thanks for The Memory, it's been more than beautiful.

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:12 AM

I've got their album and their single if anyone's interested!

Sun Ye and Sun Mi ;)

-sLaVe4MM

http://sweetkaramel....dex.php?act=idx

Pervy Thinkers Association >>LIFE ~ is just another story~2007/7/27<<>>Finally, I get to write again! Get yo KOREAN NEWS!<< CLICKIE ON THE PICIES! They take you to a new world :]

#5 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:48 PM

@mzpinay

I saw that performance on Veoh. Man, Big Bang are so hot. I love a man shake his hips. <3 :blink: OMG! the crowd really like their song. :blink: I do notice that Wonder Girls and Big Bang has English sentence in their songs.

@donkeykong80
Really? :blink: :blink: It have to be that popular.

No wonder that Morning Musume loves them when the reporter ask them. I'm trying to figure out that one of the girls left because of her sickness. Did she left right before "Tell Me" or after?

#6 mzpinay x3

mzpinay x3

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

haha Big Bang can set you on fire!! :omg: I agree I think the crowd reallyy likes their songs, i know I do. I noticed they have english in their songs too. but quite a few asian songs do nowadays don't they? hehe

I saw that one left and Yoobin(:)) replaced her... but it was because she had a sickness???!
reina x3

#7 donkeykong80

donkeykong80

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

@donkeykong80
Really? :P :omg: It have to be that popular.

You bet. :)

Another successful “national” dance with Wondergirls’ relatively simple yet catchy “Tell Me” dance. The “Tell Me” virus has infected the entire nation with students, policemen, military personnels and even stars proudly showing off their own version of the Tell Me dance.

Posted Image

#8 mzpinay x3

mzpinay x3

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:45 PM

@donkeykong80
Really? :P :omg: It have to be that popular.

You bet. :)

Another successful “national” dance with Wondergirls’ relatively simple yet catchy “Tell Me” dance. The “Tell Me” virus has infected the entire nation with students, policemen, military personnels and even stars proudly showing off their own version of the Tell Me dance.

Hahaha wow! isn't that something lol. i guess I caught the virus cuz i love doing the dance too. :D
reina x3

#9 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:44 PM

Wow, that sound like Koharu's 2nd single, and Sojia Boy with that "Crack That Sojia Boy" dance. ^^; I may as well that pv on myspace. ^^;

#10 H!P #1 FAN

H!P #1 FAN

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:38 PM

Credit : WGTHFC+me+Segya

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DO NOT HOT LINK

#11 H!P #1 FAN

H!P #1 FAN

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Credit Elove2002+Wonder Girls Thailand FanClub + ME

DO NOT HOT LINK

#12 H!P #1 FAN

H!P #1 FAN

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:57 PM

DO NOT HOTLINK!

Credits: Osen, Yahoo KR, Hankooki & Ahn SoHee Thailand + ME

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 H!P #1 FAN

H!P #1 FAN

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

WG set @ Newsbankimage, 6 November 2007

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credit : Newsbank & WGthfc & ME

#14 H!P #1 FAN

H!P #1 FAN

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:19 PM

DO NOT HOTLINK!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Credits: Starnews, Yahoo KR & Ahn SoHee Thailand & ME

#15 H!P #1 FAN

H!P #1 FAN

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

pics

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Credits: Newsis & Ahn SoHee Thailand & ME & WG Thailand

#16 H!P #1 FAN

H!P #1 FAN

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:37 PM

[Pic] Unseen photoshoot in pink

DO NOT HOTLINK!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Credits: Newsbankimage & Ahn SoHee Thailand & ME

#17 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:12 AM

Thanks for the overkill pictures, H!P FAN #1. I love their fashion and the matching.

#18 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:28 PM

Here is their forum to join, http://wondergirls.lil.to

#19 H!P #1 FAN

H!P #1 FAN

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:27 PM

Thanks for the overkill pictures, H!P FAN #1. I love their fashion and the matching.

your welcome and nice avatar^^

#20 H!P #1 FAN

H!P #1 FAN

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:03 PM

vids credits:ahboo+me

Happy Shares Company E197 - Byun Gi Soo vs Ye Eun (Wonder Girls) Part 1 (2007-11-03)
Posted Image

Download all 4 parts and extract using winrar
Part 1 (IU)
Part 2 (IU)
Part 3 (IU)
Part 4 (IU)

Park Jin Young, Wonder Girls & Lim So Young - Samsung China & JYPE UCC Audition Message

Posted Image

Download (IU)

Wonder Girls - Tell me @ 2007 Love Share Concert

Posted Image

Download both parts and extract using winrar
Part 1 (IU)
Part 2 (IU)

Wonder Girls - Tell me @ Music Core (2007-11-03)

Posted Image

Download both parts and extract using winrar
Part 1 (IU)
Part 2 (IU)

Wonder Girls - MC Cut on DO the G (2007-10-26)

Posted Image

Download (IU)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users