#51201 yeahman

yeahman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

lol at Ayumin for trying too hard  ^-^

Dat daaishi feeling as always XD

That being said I have no doubt there'll be a graduation announcement at the spring tour for the end of the year. But as long as it's not a double graduation already it won't make these numbers any less intriguing.

I think so too. Might even be announcing auditions for new members to join by the end of 2018/ start of 2019

#51202 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:02 PM

Also, the trend seems to be to add slightly older girls to MM, so even if new members are added, I wouldn't expect them to be 12 or 13 for sure

Agreed, maybe even in idol business in general. I don't think it's that unlikely to have members over 25 anymore, especially if they start at 17/18. 

°C-ute was a whole different case, Mai was around 6 when she joined H!P. Of course at one point you'd want to do something else while you're still young. 

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#51203 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:09 AM

I don't know, people were surprised when 12 year old Riho and Kanon were added to Morning Musume when the group had gotten quite "old" overall before 9th gen was added.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#51204 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

I also feel like it's a lot more complicated for the management to deal with the younger girls (especially in the case of the H!P kids). Even if you want a group of lolis, it seems more practical to get older girls who maybe look younger than they actually are than a bunch of little kids.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#51205 Jayde

Jayde

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

This is just pure conjecture on my part but is it possible that there were changes to Japanese laws that made it more restrictive for kids to work in the entertainment industry? Like... I know that they can only work until certain times of the day and stuff but perhaps there have been further changes since then? But yeah... there hasn't been an elementary schooler added to the group since Kudo/Sato were added in. Since the 11th gen was added, it looks like everyone in the group has been in at least their first year of middle school.

There's also a possibility that they're concerned about the mental health of a young child as well. Not all young kids can handle that kind of responsibility at the age of 12.

#51206 keaine

keaine

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

Well, the obvious explanation would be that since H!P went into full Cool Hello mode, it's become harder to work with younger girls given what is expected from them in terms of singing and dancing. They'd rather pick these young girls, train them through KSS then make them debut in a group.

End-of-the-year polls are now closed! Results on the links below:

Hello!Online General Election 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-election-2018/

Female Up-Front Acts Poll 2018: http://www.hello-onl...acts-poll-2018/

Hello!Online Top H!P Songs of 2018 Fan Poll: http://www.hello-onl...-2018-fan-poll/

Fan Poll: MV of the Year 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-the-year-2018/

#51207 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:57 PM

also, in theory at least, slightly older girls that you've already trained for a while are probably more likely to stick around since the office has gotten to know them and know that they can depend on them.

#51208 MM10Fan

MM10Fan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

Friday, February 23 2018, Oda Sakura passes Mistui Aika on the Morning Musume tenure list to move into 16th.

1. Michishige Sayumi is at 11 years, 10 months, 7 days

2. Niigaki Risa is at 10 years, 8 months, 22 days

3. Tanaka Reina is at 10 years, 4 months, 2 days

4. Takahashi Ai is at 10 years, 1 month, 4 days

5. Kamei Eri is at 7 years, 10 months, 26 days

6. Iida Kaori is at 7 years, 4 months, 23 days

7. Fukumura Mizuki and Ikuta Erina are at 7 years, 1 month, 21 days

9. Yoshizawa Hitomi is at 7 years, 20 days

10. Yaguchi Mari is at 6 years, 11 months, 11 days

11. Iikubo Haruna, Ishida Ayumi and Sato Masaki are at 6 years, 4 months, 25 days

14. Abe Natsumi is at 6 years, 4 months, 18 days

15. Kudo Haruka is at 6 years, 2 months, 12 days

16. Oda Sakura is at 5 years, 5 months, 9 days

17. Mitsui Aika is at 5 years, 5 months, 8 days

18. Suzuki Kanon is at 5 years, 4 months, 29 days

19. Ishikawa Rika is at 5 years, 21 days

20. Yasuda Kei is at 5 years, 2 days

21. Ogawa Makoto is at 5 years, 1 day

22. Sayashi Riho is at 4 years, 11 months, 29 days

22. Konno Asami is at 4 years, 10 months, 27 days

24. Kusumi Koharu is at 4 years, 7 months, 5 days

25. Fujimoto Miki is at 4 years, 4 months, 13 days

26. Tsuji Nozomi and Kago Ai are at 4 years, 3 months, 16 days

28. Li Chun and Qian Lin are at 3 years, 9 months

30. Nakazawa Yuko is at 3 years, 7 months, 8 days

31. Ogata Haruna, Nonaka Miki, Makino Marina and Haga Akane are at 3 years, 4 months, 24 days

35. Goto Maki is at 3 years, 1 month, 1 day

36. Ishiguro Aya is at 2 years, 4 months

37. Ichii Sayaka is at 2 years, 18 days

38. Fukuda Asuka is at 1 year, 7 months, 11 days 

39. Kaga Kaede and Yokoyama Reina are at 1 year, 2 months, 11 days

41. Morito Chisaki is at 7 months, 28 days

Lxm1Pavx.jpg

signature and avatar by me

#51209 SaphRose

SaphRose

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

Maybe we can start defying gender norms and expectations of youth for women and let the girls continue however old they get. It sucks that once a girl is past 20 it's like the clock is ticking on their idol career. I hope they don't add a bunch of elementary school kids in the next audition.

#51210 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:46 PM

I'm pretty sure the 13ki (and well Chisaki) were a statement in a way, meaning that the management is comfortable with/prefers to have 'older' girls in the group. There's no need to panic or anything, everyone will graduate at their own pace, it's not like there's a rule that's set in stone and must be followed or else.

I8dtEOy.gif

#51211 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1249 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:52 AM

I actually look forward to young girls. Like mentioned, we still aren't at a point where older members can stay a long time. And adding young girls allows them time to train them while in the spotlight, while focusing on the older members, until the youngsters can stand on their own. If new young girls aren't added, we risk repeating a situation similar to the 9th gen debut, where the age gap was very big. I think that makes the older girls look like nannies, and unless the young ones are all like Masaki, I don't see them bonding that well with their senpai.

MRkgm6i.png

#51212 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5671 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:45 AM

I think the company prefers the younger girls in the Kenshuusei list, and distribute them as needed.

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#51213 Sakura Kura

Sakura Kura

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:38 AM

Momohime was only 12 years old so they still let young members debut. The next audition if it's a 4nin generation it will probably have 2 super young girls and 2 "older" girls. 

#51214 keaine

keaine

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

https://pbs.twimg.co...cG9U0AMgD8a.jpg

Apparently there's going to be another Morning Musume special show on NHK BS Premium on March 31st (from 11.45pm to 4.15am). Take that with a bit of caution as I've seen very few sources at the moment (even though there are images from TV programme magazines).

End-of-the-year polls are now closed! Results on the links below:

Hello!Online General Election 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-election-2018/

Female Up-Front Acts Poll 2018: http://www.hello-onl...acts-poll-2018/

Hello!Online Top H!P Songs of 2018 Fan Poll: http://www.hello-onl...-2018-fan-poll/

Fan Poll: MV of the Year 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-the-year-2018/

#51215 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:29 PM

^ Posted the picture directly here
DWxjcG9U0AMgD8a.jpg

The Television magazine
XM6flWL.jpg

#51216 tru_harmony

tru_harmony

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

What if they want to keep the members on the older side so they can all travel overseas without much issue?

I don't know about Japan in particular but some countries can be pretty strict with kids traveling abroad without parents and/or for work. Like they need to do a lot of paperwork to make it happen.

#51217 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Maybe we can start defying gender norms and expectations of youth for women and let the girls continue however old they get. It sucks that once a girl is past 20 it's like the clock is ticking on their idol career. I hope they don't add a bunch of elementary school kids in the next audition.

Definitely agree to this. It's quite ageist in the idol world that once you hit a certain age, you cannot continue in an idol group despite having the capabilities to function well and look great as an idol.

#51218 SaphRose

SaphRose

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

Definitely agree to this. It's quite ageist in the idol world that once you hit a certain age, you cannot continue in an idol group despite having the capabilities to function well and look great as an idol.

Yeah and sexist because it's definitely suspicious that it only seems to apply to female idol groups <.< Like I love Arashi but they're getting up there in age XD

#51219 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:40 AM

Well, It's been almost 2 years after the last one we discussed about the addition of new members, I think UFA is letting the girls getting older so the average age is increased, of course the group can do more mature concpets like with Hana Ga Saku, I think, if they add new members, they youngest among them will be like 16 years old. And I think it's better, I mean adding very young members has lead into unexpected early graduation like with Riho. So I'm fine with having older members in the group.

Morning Musume'19

#51220 ceferquin

ceferquin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

Last week, Kaedy, Mizuki, Ayumi and Maria went to see an interactive creative show called "Fuerza Bruta WA!!". 
A video after the show.
XpYL8Wl.jpgBYYMmUz.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users