• Please log in to reply
55120 replies to this topic

#50281 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:16 PM

Part of the idol magic is the gorgeous outfits they wear, its one of the things that sets them apart from regular people and "serious artists". Other idol families like AKB and Stardust have set their standarts for outfits and its part of their individuallity.
I feel like H!P girls wearing fugly cheap outfits is one of the reasons the public might find them plain and meh. People judge by eyes first and seeing the outfits their initial thought probably is "that looks like low quality".
When H!P collabed with other idols I was really embarassed by MM's tinfoil capes and hats and the pink dresses with long sleeves that looked straight outta grandma's closet.
The Happy Summer Wedding ones were very pretty tho and I saw lots of non fans comments saying the current lineup is really cute.

So tl;dr for my long and probably confusing post: outfits are really important part of the idol image.

#50282 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

People put too much attention on their outfits
Refer to Pyocopyoco Ultra and Don't Want Anything But You (my avatar)
People hated those outfits
Let my gals wear whatever they want
You should love them for them, not their outfits

they aren't wearing whatever they want, theyre wearing what the office wants them to wear and sometimes the office wants them to wear stage outfits that look like they were handcrafted by a kindergarten classroom.

i like these ones though except for the boots.
Really? So my gals are a bunch of sell-outs? Japan has weird standards. They don't even let musicians write music, only lyrics

#50283 Sakura Kura

Sakura Kura

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:25 PM

You thought every girl decided to use almost the same outfits every single? They do however decide their own outfits when they are not doing single promtions (like hosting hello station and stuffs).
Trust me every big artist around the world do have a coordinator for them to pick outfits.

#50284 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

I feel like H!P girls wearing fugly cheap outfits is one of the reasons the public might find them plain and meh. People judge by eyes first and seeing the outfits their initial thought probably is "that looks like low quality".

Yupp, that's the worst part, they often look cheap. Especially compared to the 48/46 groups. You just see the fabric and think "hell no". 

They do have good ones every now and then of course, for example the My Vision outfits were very nice. However on the exact same single we had the Tokyo to Iu outfits that were ugly, were made out of cheap fabric and had no concept. 

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#50285 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:38 PM

This fandom is pretty disgraceful
Y'all should be more loyal to your idols
It's ok to have opinions but how they're expressed makes a impact

#50286 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

^No one is expressing opinions about the girls but the office. And if someone gives the girls stuff that in the persons opinion hinders them to shine aren't they even obliged to get angry. lololol

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#50287 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

This fandom is pretty disgraceful
Y'all should be more loyal to your idols
It's ok to have opinions but how they're expressed makes a impact

I don't think it makes an impact LOL unless Aika or Miki is reading these forums and reporting them to the upfront office in tears

MizukiRina

Twitter

#50288 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:14 PM

I have to accept the fact that this is how the band is, whether I'm happy with it or not

They work so hard

Gotta give them props for that

#50289 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

Nobody said anything against the girls though. Complaining about outfits etc. is usually criticizing management.

And it's not like anyone here is actually hateful. H!O is pretty strict when it comes to this. 

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#50290 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:44 PM

I mean, it's clothes. I doubt there is a fandom in the world that doesn't criticize the outfits the artist/s wear, their choice or not. I love Ai-chan but I can't stand her fashion style, for instance. 

But I do like these white and black outfits. The boots are so cute. I can't stand outfits like JJ's anymore though. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#50291 Sceila

Sceila

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

no one here said anything even CLOSE to being harsh lol.

鞘師里保 kami oshi

北川莉央

#50292 SZA

SZA

the love galore

• Senpai
  • 709 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:33 AM

no one here said anything even CLOSE to being harsh lol.

Sato Masaki <3 Ishida Ayumi

#50293 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:35 AM

I was mainly triggered by the comment bout the 'In a corner of a city called Tokyo' outfits

Appearances can't be ugly, only personalities

I like the outfits

R5mVzMB.jpg

They're not my most favorite but they're 1 of my favorites. They're very memorable

#50294 WorldGN18

WorldGN18

Cuteness is justice by Sayu

• Senpai
  • 1410 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:03 AM

I thought I was going to see people celebrating the new album news and you guys are arguing about outfits ^^; so NEW ALBUM!!!! I'm so happy! :gitaa: , about the outfits I think they have become better, maybe not 48/46 level but they don't have that budget either so as long as they don't look lame and try to at least have a really good one per single I'm fine :)

#50295 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:06 AM

I was mainly triggered by the comment bout the 'In a corner of a city called Tokyo' outfits
I like the outfits

R5mVzMB.jpg

They're not my most favorite but they're 1 of my favorites. They're very memorable

Memorable for what? Making the member look like dancing packs of Trident gum?

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#50296 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:44 AM

I thought I was going to see people celebrating the new album news and you guys are arguing about outfits ^^; so NEW ALBUM!!!! I'm so happy! :gitaa: , about the outfits I think they have become better, maybe not 48/46 level but they don't have that budget either so as long as they don't look lame and try to at least have a really good one per single I'm fine :)

I'd rather wait 'til I get more info to celebrate

I like the outfits

R5mVzMB.jpg

Memorable for what? Making the member look like dancing packs of Trident gum?

I just think the outfits stand out

#50297 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:44 AM

I liked those outfits (minus the shoes). I don't get that Trident Gum reference? Googled what it was and expected the packaging to look like that but somehow it doesn't?

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#50298 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:48 AM

Japan has weird standards. They don't even let musicians write music, only lyrics

Boy have we got news for you

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#50299 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

Clothes don't need to be expensives or spectacular to be good and memorables...

morningcoffee.jpg

By the way, in the pictures them used white shirts, but in the video the shirts are black. ^_^

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#50300 waifusayu

waifusayu

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:48 PM

I like the outfits

R5mVzMB.jpg

I like it. They all look so yummy,

Proud Usachan Creep

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users