• Please log in to reply
55119 replies to this topic

#21241 moonxdark'17

moonxdark'17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1602 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

And the haters hating already. XD But I don't care! Ai no Gundan is the most amazing thing ever!

Edit: Ok, ok, maybe no one is hating (yet). :P

#21242 Eilantha

Eilantha

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

I think the dance is well researched and all but I don't get into the song for now, nothing special... (it is not "hate", of course, I'm saying this just in case).

#21243 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

So I just got back in from a wonderful night with the boy, to find that the dance shot for Ai no Gundan had been uploaded!

Originally, I didn't get too excited, because I went ahead and labeled it as the lesser a-side, in my mind...

BUt dear lord, that was fantastic! That dance was so complicated and intricate! My jaw dropped during the bridge of the song. They've definitely been working incredibly hard on this! You could see the excitement in Zukki's eyes, to be presenting it :3

I though the song was very enjoyable and different...sorta like Kimi Sae's upbeat, genki counterpart! :) The lyrics were cute.

I enjoyed the outfits, for their variety and the fact that they weren't too costume-y. Also, I see Zukki over there looking good in that outfit! You go girl. Put the body-shamers in their rightful place.

The line division was perfect to my tastes :3 Just the right balance of Mizuki, Riho, Masaki, Sakura, and Sayumi to make me very happy. Am I crazy, or did I hear a lot of Zukki in the duet lines? Also, I thought we established that it'll never be EVEN in a-sides...if you're upset that your favorite doesn't sing, there are always b-sides, these days...so there's no reason for anyone to feel gypped!  :good:

I'm definitely very satisfied. I love how they used the auto-tune vocal sample to sound like jazz instrumentation! It made it sound really fun and funky!

It's definitely such a feel good song. I love it :3

8 out of 10!

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#21244 ZhiKai

ZhiKai

一生鞘師

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

i watched it 3 times while on my way back home, here's what i think:

- Zukki looks great, the tee she's wearing suits is exactly the first word that came into my mind "OMG"

- First 1:50 min or so while Zukki is talking im already paying attention to the background music, i like it just instrumental alone.

- The first part of the dance where they do the marching and kicking, it give me the kawaii feel, first i thought its gunna be a song similar to S/mileage style.

- Choreography is very unified, it does not give me the messy feeling like wakuteka or help me. it follow up well after Brainstorming and Kimi sae for formation dancing.

- The song sounds ok to me, maybe i m too concentrated/entertained on their dance.

- The same four that start off the dance in Brainstorming (Sakura, Mizuki, Riho, Ayumi)), once again they are given a small segment to display their dancing skills.

I am the type that looks on the dances more than the song itself. After such a long wait, i can say i am a satisfied wota once again.

Also the first thing that came into my mind after watching the dance shot...........

abw9c7c3.jpg
I shall call them... " Kamen Rider Musume" XD

#21245 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

Ai no Gundan is the most amazing thing ever!

Let me guess: you haven't seen anything from MM before Namida ga Tomaranai Hōkago? XD

But if I were to summarize:

Guess autotuned run-of-the-mill radio fare is what MM fans have to bear with for equal-er distribution of solo lines & visibility focus.

#21246 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

My favorite thing were the "OW"s! Especially Riho's  :arrow:

I also really love Sayu's solo in the bridge! Auto-tune really fits her voice well! Unlike some people, I don't take offense to auto-tune usage. It's just an added effect, and it sounds great here :)

And I'll admit, while I've never been much of a Mizuki fan, she really blew me away here. Her VASTLY IMPROVED dancing coupled with her several great solo lines really moved her up in my ranking.

Also, after watching it several times, I wonder if this gives us any clues about Wagamama. Is Wagamama still treated as the main a-side, like Brainstorming was? I'm just curious about which song will be performed more often. 

Additionally, I'm curious about what Ai no Gundan might tell us about Wagamama as a song and dance. Ai no Gundan seems very upbeat and positive, so I wonder if Wagamama will be more serious and mature. They've mentioned that Wagamama is very dance heavy as well.

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#21247 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

I actually think Ai no Gundan is very serious and mature and I'm hoping Wagamama will be more "genki" and upbeat, then we would have two opposites. That would make this a very interesting single.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#21248 Yingy

Yingy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

I love the dance. Morning Musume's dance just gets better and better ^_^
It reminds me of Rival Survival. It took me a little while to look for Zukki though. She's blended into the background with the black suit...
MaaDuu are in matching costumes with opposite top and bottom colours!
I have mixed feelings over the song. It's a lot more autotuned than the previous singles but I'm sure it'll grow on me. (Kimi sae did XD)

#21249 ZhiKai

ZhiKai

一生鞘師

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

^

i see riho/ayumi and haruna/sayumi having matching outfit

#21250 mby3

mby3

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 701 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

And the haters hating already. XD But I don't care! Ai no Gundan is the most amazing thing ever!

Nobody's hating. Just because someone doesn't think it's "the most amazing thing ever" (which it isn't) doesn't mean they're haters. It's ok and the dance is ok but nothing spectacular. I like the dance break and the outfits are cute. I'm looking forward to the MV. That usually pushes me over one way or the other.

Oda Sakura Nonaka Miki Ishida Ayumi Ikuta Erina Nakajima Saki Takeuchi Akari Shimizu Saki Sayashi Riho

#21251 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

I don't see the problem in an idol expressing that she likes otheri idol groups, it doesn't mean that she dislikes the idol group she's in, it just shows she has interests in other groups as a listener. It is a shame H!P kind of isolate the girls to not express their love for other idol groups.

I think the specific issue with MM lies with the fans feeling "threatened" by AKB. Probably a lot of the fans have been around since the early days when Momusu was the top idol group in Japan, and those fans harbor animosity towards AKB for "stealing" Momusu's position (not saying I agree with it), so any mention of AKB in a positive light would be, to those fans, like a stab in the back. Newer fans who might not think that way likely conform to that thinking and it becomes an unfortunate cycle. Since idols are built on a foundation of catering to fans, if something makes fans mad, then management is going to prohibit it. Is it stupid? Yes. Is it immature? Yes. But that's the way it is. It's the same reason idols have the no dating rule. But again, from that short preview we really can't know what exactly was said in response to that question.

Btw, that gif is hilariously awesome. Did you make it?

Edit: ^ It would be a foreign fan. :c03:

I understand what you mean and I agree if Morning Musume expresses love for another idol group it makes the fans think they like other groups better than their own and it has a bad outlook on the idol group in general. But it would be nice to see which idol groups Morning Musume like. The fans ofc think Morning Musume is the #1 idol group and ofc they will be threatened when groups like AKB are thundering success with their group. So if a member announced they loved AKB48 it would make the fans think that they are fraternizing with the enemy XD It's a shame that fans can be very hostile when it comes to the case of H!P fans disliking AKB48 I mean who cares if AKB48 is more popular? I can understand that they want MoMusu to be the top idol group and I wish for that to happen to but I am just happy that they are still releasing music and are still successful. I know the idol industry does isolate the girls a lot with dating, but I wish it didn't get so isolated that they can't even express their musical interests in case it causes a scene in the public eye or in the fandom. As much as I love idols sometimes I think the business side of it is a little too much XD But it will never change no matter what I think of it hehe! And I wonder if idol fandoms were a little less, how do I put it hostile?, then maybe the business side of it wouldn't be so isolated. I mean what if fans didn't care if their idols dated? Would that still mean the dating rule would exist?

No I didn't make the gif myself, I found it on tumblr and found it amusing XD

Don't get me wrong or anything, I totally agree with you. It would be nice if we could hear which idols they like, what songs they sing in karaoke, and such. It's just too bad the fans have to be so hostile. :( You know, earlier I was just thinking about that "what if fans didn't care if their idols dated?" I honestly think that if for some reason, idols were allowed to date, the fans would probably be really pissed off, but eventually they would probably begrudgingly get over it because there would be no other choice. In my ideal world.... XD

And Krusha, I didn't know that actually. I really wonder what sparked this hate for other idols, specifically AKB? On H!O, I feel the hostility between H!P and AKB fans, even those who are fans of both, can become quite strong, to the point where people start seeing insults where there are none and attempting to defend their favorite group by pointing out the flaws in the other group. It's very sad (and annoying) really. I wish that Ayumi could say "I like AKB" or "I don't think anything of AKB" or even "I hate AKB" (although that last one might be a bit harsh) without having to spark all this contempt. In my ideal world....again lol.

I think if there had been no dating rule to begin with with idols and idols were just seen as singers/dancers/actresses who did photobooks etc and there was no issue of dating with the agency then I don't think the fans would worry or be hostile with them dating. And I agree I love the fans but sometimes their hostility makes me dislike them at times.

In terms of the song I love it! The beginning of the song is very dream-like and for some reason when I first heard it I imagined fireflies and fairies. The song was very impressive and I will definitely be buying this single <3 I am very happy Mizuki got great lines and exposure in the dance, she has improved vastly since her debut and it shows a lot. I loved her OW in her longer lines towards the end too but Sakura did the best OW in my opinion. Sakura had a lot more confidence in this song and dance and she really stood out to me and is starting to become one of my favourite members in the line up. Masaki was also very impressive too. When she first debuted I didn't like her and she annoyed me but I am really starting to like her now. And Sayu kicked ass with her solo!

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#21252 Dalvron'20

Dalvron'20

Looking back, moving forward

• Senpai
  • 2773 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

I LIKE Ai no Gundan! I really, really like it. I'm not feeling the "soldier-like" moves that much, but you can tell they put a lot of effort in the choreography. Riho, Ayumi, Mizuki and Sakura get very good chances to show off their dancing skills, and at least in this shot there's a chance to notice everyone, even Eripon and Duu. The outfits are surprisingly not campy of ridiculous, I mean, I think a girl could actually go out in public dressed like that and she would look very cute. The song itself is very nice, taking cues from Capsule and other technopop artists. Well done, Tsunku. I think I can listen to this song over and over without tiring of it, in fact, I'm going to replay that part of Hello! Station right now. :good:

#21253 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Gundan sounds like garden to me even if it isn't the translation for garden so I wonder if Tsunku has made a pun with the word Gundan with it sounding like garden. And maybe that's the reason the dance shot has trees in the background so it looks like the girls are dancing in a garden?

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#21254 moonxdark'17

moonxdark'17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1602 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Let me guess: you haven't seen anything from MM before Namida ga Tomaranai Hōkago? XD

Guess autotuned run-of-the-mill radio fare is what MM fans have to bear with for equal-er distribution of solo lines & visibility focus.

Lol, actually I've listened to all their A-sides from #0, Ai no Tane, several of their B-sides and a few albums, and I still maintain that Ai no Gundan is the best thing ever! >_>  Although, part of that may be because I'm just so excited to have something new. BUT I'm a fan of the autotune (which I didn't think there was that much) style songs, so what can I say? XD

And mby3, fine fine, I edited my post. :P Rather than hating, people who's first instinct is to say something negative about the song which (I think) is the best thing ever. However, this is not hating, just negative opinions. But regardless what others think, right now no one shall rain on my parade! =3 :D

#21255 ZhiKai

ZhiKai

一生鞘師

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

^ i m gald they put the trees there, without it, it would be another wakuteka dance shot. XD

#21256 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

Lol, actually I've listened to all their A-sides from #0, Ai no Tane, several of their B-sides and a few albums, and I still maintain that Ai no Gundan is the best thing ever! >_>  Although, part of that may be because I'm just so excited to have something new. BUT I'm a fan of the autotune (which I didn't think there was that much) style songs, so what can I say? XD

And mby3, fine fine, I edited my post. :P Rather than hating, people who's first instinct is to say something negative about the song which (I think) is the best thing ever. However, this is not hating, just negative opinions. But regardless what others think, right now no one shall rain on my parade! =3 :D

It's better to be happy and content than to complain, any day! :)

I share your sentiments! No one's gonna rain on this parade, because I haven't been this excited for a Momusu song in several years! I've been around since 2003, and to be honest, this is the most excited I've ever been for a single from them! :D Honestly, looking back, the music wasn't too incredibly life changing either. I think Morning Musume has continually gotten better and better throughout the years, and I don't care if that's a taboo to say or whatever. 

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#21257 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

^, &

Just remember: it's not possible to please all the people all the time, even for mm,h!p, or u-f.

#21258 webzine

webzine

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 410 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

^I think is more Linlin blue

Could be, but it's blue and it makes her and Zukki's colors more sepperate.

#21259 NightOfFire’21

NightOfFire’21

Peacemaker

• Senpai
  • 4066 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Most of the stuff before Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago is overrated anyway. Popular songs in a good time. Them being best sellers doesn't make them "great" songs just because of that. There are some great songs in that era ofc, but some aren't that great, Love Machine is only an "ok and fun" song in my book for instance.

I believe that since the Colorful Era, as a whole, MM's current music is their best ever. (and obviously their current dance is the best ever)

#21260 muscat

muscat

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, I liked the dance in general, but some of it seemed recycled from Kimi Sae.

I'm also sort of frustrated that Masaki is clearly being marketed as the Reina replacement. I was hoping this would be a chance for everyone to get a fair shot at lines but lol, I shouldn't have expected something so ambitious.

I'd say Reina's replacement is Sakura. She has the same amount of solo lines as Riho, and Masaki doesn't even have half of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users