A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#53122 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:15 AM

^At least there was some edit in this MV. The song is good not my favorite but not bad.

Morning Musume'19

#53123 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:42 AM

New profile pictures

http://helloproject....musume/profile/

5ad268a5f181ce1ef7af2aeafb8e9aaccc1ed90f

Spoiler

#53124 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:43 PM

^ Combined all members into one
DzVikf4U8AE20vB.jpg
https://twitter.com/...890471870640128

Goods for Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Morning Musume. '19 Dinner Show "Happy Night" on the coming Sunday
http://www.helloproject.com/news/9892/
https://www.elineupm...17bb84efdc8dd3/
0217_m_d_m1.jpg
Spoiler

#53125 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

Again

I noticed a contradiction in their music

'I surrender. It’s only love but it is love.' has the line 'I really hate you.' but 'BRAND NEW MORNING' has the line 'Don't hate.'

I guess the 'Don't hate.' in BRAND NEW MORNING shoulda been translated differently. 'Uramu' can be translated as 'hold grudges' so: Don't hold grudges. Please / spread love

#53126 Cio'24

Cio'24

ಥ⌣ಥ Aika and Zukki duet you say? ಥ⌣ಥ

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:35 PM

The songs are all written by different people, half the time when the songs are written, they are not written with specifically "Morning Musume" in mind. The songs aren't made to tell a coherent message.

o0480048013035591857_zps5cb9e10b.jpg

#53127 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:16 PM

I didn't notice the lyrics for both songs are by different writers. BRAND NEW MORNING is by Hoshibe Sho. 'I surrender. It’s only love but it is love.' is by Tsunku

I guess that's why the songs contradict each other

I felt like each song had a message for me that relates to the time period

Like, when 'Are you Happy?' and 'Because It's a Free Country.' came out, it was about how I was tryin' to get out of the city I was in. 'Get me out of here' 'I can't stay here forever'

I always thought MM was supposed to be a magical band...

#53128 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:20 AM

Oh my lol

MRkgm6i.png

#53129 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:33 AM

Songwriting for idol groups (and just about every famous artist really) isn't so much a philosophical thesis as it is about trying to put together sounds and words in a way that will be catchy and appealing enough to pass as a professional sounding product that people will want to buy. If we're trying to derive any more meaning from the lyrics than what the writer thought sounded cool at the time, with just a slight possibility that it might have been inspired by something deeper in their own lives, then most of the time we'd be sorely disappointed. Tsunku himself tries to write a song every day and has pumped out literally thousands of them over the years, whether they got recorded or not. Any meanings you find in these songs may as well be fleeting thoughts. The patterns or contradictions of any real substance to be found are as likely to be in the composition as they are the lyrics for all of the subjective purposes that both serve. The real value of lyrics in the end-product and the overall importance they have are just what they mean to you, the listener.

A friend I once introduced to H!P found Cute's song Tokai no Hitorigurashi at a time when he was moving, and it meant far more to him than I'm sure that it ever did to Tsunku when he wrote it.

#53130 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:59 AM

Again

I noticed a contradiction in their music

'I surrender. It’s only love but it is love.' has the line 'I really hate you.' but 'BRAND NEW MORNING' has the line 'Don't hate.'

I guess the 'Don't hate.' in BRAND NEW MORNING shoulda been translated differently. 'Uramu' can be translated as 'hold grudges' so: Don't hold grudges. Please / spread love

I didn't notice the lyrics for both songs are by different writers. BRAND NEW MORNING is by Hoshibe Sho. 'I surrender. It’s only love but it is love.' is by Tsunku

I guess that's why the songs contradict each other

I felt like each song had a message for me that relates to the time period

Like, when 'Are you Happy?' and 'Because It's a Free Country.' came out, it was about how I was tryin' to get out of the city I was in. 'Get me out of here' 'I can't stay here forever'

I always thought MM was supposed to be a magical band...

The real value of lyrics in the end-product and the overall importance they have are just what they mean to you, the listener.

That's what music is about in the end. If a hundred people listen to the same song, they will all perceive it differently. The feelings you get from a song are your own, and no one else can get the exact same ones.  :ongaku:

That's also one thing that makes MM kind of "magical" to me, to use your words, One and Only. Because the girls performing the songs change, they also deliver the songs differently, because they again put their own feelings into the songs. So when it's MM songs, the same song might make me feel differently depending on who sings it. I notice this a lot with songs that have been performed by many different members, like Koi Ing.

And of course, with MM, different people write the songs, so the feeling would be different. But even if the same person wrote the songs, their lyrics could still contradict each other. Because that person writing the song also puts their own feelings into it, and their feelings might have changed over time.  ^_^

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

#53131 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:09 AM

The songs have never connected in terms of lyrics. ^^;

#53132 yuumaa

yuumaa

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:20 PM

They’ve never claimed to be a “magical band” anyway, it’s an idol group lol.

*’18*

{ 1) Sato Masaki 2)Makino Maria 3)Haga Akane }

Fav OG 1) Sayumi Michishige 2)Tsuji Nozomi 3)Ogata Haruna 4)Kago Ai 5)Kudo Haruka

#53133 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:01 PM

Wow. I always thought there was more to the band than just sales. Some of their songs make me cry HARD, some make me feel ALIVE, some make me want to dance and sing

I don't have a lot of interests so I thought me lovin' MM meant somethin' in the long run

Taboo talk:

Spoiler

Trigger warning:

Spoiler

#53134 yuumaa

yuumaa

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:57 PM

It’s good that you love them but they’re humans too! The group is just an extension of Tsunku and the lyrics reflect various real-life moods. Sometimes you feel like “I’m gonna be a good person who will never hate anybody” while sometimes you think “Man I hate everything and everybody” haha. The songs lyrics have connected with a lot of people because of how relatable they are.

It’s up to you how you view them and how they affect you, but you shouldn’t push that onto the actual group and members or you’ll end up disappointed.

*’18*

{ 1) Sato Masaki 2)Makino Maria 3)Haga Akane }

Fav OG 1) Sayumi Michishige 2)Tsuji Nozomi 3)Ogata Haruna 4)Kago Ai 5)Kudo Haruka

#53135 Hexoone

Hexoone

The Embodiment of Schrödinger's cat and the Two Sided Coin.

• Senpai
  • 5378 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

I hate to break it to you cause of your past experiences which I can also kinda relate, but its all business. There's nothing magical, not like solo artists that write and produce their songs by themselves. 

post-86820-0-64715800-1379316256.jpg

Thanks and credits to ` ♥ [ Apple Cake's Graphics ]~

#53136 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:02 PM

Well, I'd like to thank everyone for their input
It's better than me livin' in a delusional world
But I'd like to think there's more to life than just business then death
Somethin' magical
I kinda figured 1 of their staff has telepathy or somethin'
There was a joke 'bout how Sayu got telepathy when she became leader

#53137 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:17 PM

Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is, and you'll see them all around you.

So yeah, I'm with you here.   :good: 
Doesn't really matter if you call it miracle or magic. If you can feel it / see it then good for you cause it can really birhgten up your life.
For example, I don't think Kobushi Factory announcing their 3rd single on the day I passed my high school leaving exam was a pure coincidence (neither the course of the exam itself - but that's another story). Some songs coming into my life just when I needed something like them is also magical/miraclous to me.   ^_^

Anyway, to return to the "I really hate you." line. From my point of view the song is about a girl who doesn't really know she really feels, which is why she mixs love and hate together in one line. She simply can't figure her true feelings out which leaves her in confusion. Therefore, if she says she hates someone, she might not really mean it? It somehow fits with the rest of the song's mode, I think.

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#53138 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:53 PM

Not all of their music is emotionally powerful for me but I'm still ok with where the band currently is
For example, 'ロマンスに目覚める妄想女子の歌' starts out fun then I cry sadly and happily @ the end
The 'I surrender' song just gets me pumped up
Like the band indirectly told me, I'll have faith in the future

#53139 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:59 PM

^That's a great feeling to have.  ^-^ And it's amazing when some bands can make that happen with how their songs speak to you.

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#53140 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:07 PM

I interpreted '未来を信じよう' as '(I'll) have faith in the future'

The 1 thing that still bothers me is how they're selective bout what lyrics are shared. X|
Sometimes they'll show background vocal live but
I guess they ad-lib sometimes so there's nothin' to show?!
It's like, damn, I have to guess what they're singin'?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users