• Please log in to reply
9973 replies to this topic

#9881 Yaminata

Yaminata

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, it's in one of Green Room's episode if I recall. Back when Captain was really active as an H!P adviser, she was helping KSS and Tsubaki during their dance lessons.
Besides,she gave them a lot of moral/mental support when they were still 6 members, indies, and struggling compared to 8-nin KF.

I can't live without Berryz!

Otomomochi & Team Mizukingdom
Berryz Koubou SNS Stalker Watcher

#9882 Honeybear

Honeybear

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:36 PM

Happy Birthday Captain!  <3

Goods for her casual dinner shows, which start tomorrow November 23-24:

Attached File  191123P.jpg   222.66K   31 downloads

Shimizu goods for the stageplay she recently finished, Yumomi Girls 6:

Attached File  EJB75dVVAAETAZ4.jpeg   75.35K   29 downloads

#9883 mo baka

mo baka

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:10 PM

#9884 Honeybear

Honeybear

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:28 PM

Saki-chan's two casual dinner shows today....

Fans who were at one of the shows are reporting that Captain said she met/was in contact with Momochi back in January or February of this year.  :w00t:  She has not talked to her since then. Examples:

http://twitter.com/m...216133884563457

http://twitter.com/s...233746689757186

I have not seen Saturday's setlists quoted anywhere yet.

Saki announced she will have more dinner shows next year on April 19.

Pictures from the shows: La Donna stage, two-shots, Saki's special CDS cocktail from the menu, event goods ice cream spoon.

The cocktail is a Pink Paradise mix of coconut liqueur and pineapple juice.

Love the ice cream spoon has the mark of the artist Saki-chan.

Attached File  EKC69blU8AAcfW6.jpeg   213.43K   14 downloads Attached File  EKDzJq4UYAEyOWZ.jpeg   42.68K   15 downloads Attached File  EKDn_N3UUAE6lL6.jpeg   36.14K   14 downloads Attached File  EKDDzPKUUAAvHQO.jpeg   139.75K   18 downloadsAttached File  EKC65ioUYAAUsr4.jpeg   156.29K   27 downloads

From her new Twitter, Captain and her band.

http://twitter.com/saki_shimizu_

Attached File  EKEC99-U0AATJWE.jpeg   188.66K   23 downloads

#9885 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:34 PM

Love the fact that the picture contains 7 hearts with Berryz Koubou's member colours. A true Captain!!

#9886 Honeybear

Honeybear

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:55 PM

For those with Japanese language skills, a long report about Captain's recent casual dinner shows.

https://www.entameal...m/report/15212/

Edit:

And here is another report, this one for her FC birthday event:

https://www.entameal...m/report/15482/

#9887 Honeybear

Honeybear

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:46 PM

Pictures from a press event for the new stageplay in which Saki-chan appears, "Hiroshi Miyama Special Performance/Sakata Sankichi Monogatari". Miyama is a popular enka singer.

Attached File  EN2Sk1TVAAIB3MH.jpeg   116.52K   23 downloadsAttached File  ENr3481VUAQBJlH.jpeg   73.25K   22 downloadsAttached File  thumbnail_ENqeOZpUcAAzx19.jpg   128.4K   14 downloads

Video about the play. Captain sings at 1:17, and talks at 4:23. And a death scene for her at 4:47?

#9888 Honeybear

Honeybear

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:30 PM

Captain making the annoucement on 1/16/20 about the Tsubaki Factory tour.

Attached File  EOZ90WiU8AAtlG3.jpeg   103.08K   15 downloadsAttached File  EOZsKm8UEAEpRcQ.jpeg   129.36K   18 downloadsAttached File  2153266_202001160517295001579180763c.jpg   58.08K   16 downloads

https://news.dwango.jp/idol/45245-2001

#9889 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:08 PM

Don't you just love how Captain introduces herself. She is still Berryz Koubou all in all. Seriously, I really wonder how long do we have to wait for the revival of Berryz Koubou. It's such a pity Momoko decided to retire from the entertainment industry. I hope someday she will come out of retirement so Berryz Koubou can reunite.

#9890 Honeybear

Honeybear

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:21 PM

Captain at the recent announcement event for her stageplay FUSIONICAL STAGE- "ABSO- METAL- Dawn-", which begins in May. Her role is a teacher at a school for students with "special abilities", and she is also involved in a love story with one of the characters. Plus action and sword fights.

Attached File  b30d26e284fc066552809e6174b24f79eba0369dbbb8c5f93284c7aa58684850d9df6b79af55c4aa93dacbb5e7bb01e8a3d4aa17c95f4d8361ef74c9282c77ce.jpeg   354.45K   38 downloadsAttached File  thumbnail_EQAHvWKUwAESIKL.jpg   316.64K   34 downloadsAttached File  thumbnail_IMG_9268.jpg   110.64K   26 downloads

News articles about the event and play, with more photos of Saki-chan and a few short quotes from her.

https://sumabo.jp/103345

https://girlsnews.tv/actress/351724

Captain has more plays on her schedule in March and June, as well as the Shimizu/Maasa/Kumai event on 3/3 and her dinner shows in April. 

#9891 Honeybear

Honeybear

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:17 PM

Congrats and thank you to our beloved Captain and all the members on the 16th anniversary of Berryz Kobo.  :respect:  <3

Too bad the FC event had to be "postponed".

On March 7 Saki-chan will appear on the Fuji TV program "Super Adversity Quiz Battle! Wall of 99 People".

It is a special episode testing people's Disney knowledge.  :)

Attached File  ESJr8v9U4AEaEYi.jpeg   105.89K   29 downloads Attached File  ESJ4SKDU0AIfNhJ.jpeg   134.33K   29 downloads

https://www.tokyodis...dr/news/tv.html

#9892 Honeybear

Honeybear

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 01:46 PM

Thanks to the person on Twitter who put the clip from Captain's recent Instagram Live together with the Berryz DVD she was watching.  ^_^

https://twitter.com/...120142066159616

#9893 Honeybear

Honeybear

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 10:11 PM

After being cancelled several times earlier this year, the three FC events with Saki-chan, Maasa, and Yurina finally happened today at Yokohama Landmark Hall.

Setlist

Anshinkan- first event by Saki, second by Maasa, third by Kumai

Tomodachi wa Tomodachi Nanda!

Arigatou! Otomodachi

Girls Times

Lots of games during the events. A few of them:

- Best Monkey Dance. Then they did an improvised dance song showdown. Seems Yurina won with a chicken dance.

- Imitations of Berryz members.

- Roles you would like to play in a play or movie. Captain- Since she is getting ready to do one in a play, characters with different dialects. Kumaichan- a villain.

- During the question corner in the third event the girls were asked, and then danced to Momochi! Yurushite Nyan Taisou.

- They are hoping to do another event together next year on the March 3 anniversary, or a date close to it.

The girls today, and a souvenir postcard from the events.

Attached File  El5pMSUUcAAeAuD.jpeg   92.85K   21 downloads Attached File  El4LD0XVMAA2tbn.jpeg   111.87K   22 downloads

#9894 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 11:05 AM

^Thanks for the update! Nice to see them together. I have always wondered why Miyabi never do such events with the girls post-Berryz hiatus.

I can understand for Chinami since she is away for her studies and Risako who is busy with her own personal life.

#9895 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:48 PM

Chinami is back in Japan. And Miya was I think one of the members that were REALLY ready to move on from Berryz. She has little to nothing to do with ANYONE in Berryz, she doesn’t talk about them or really hang out with them (Chinami a few months back when she first came home to Japan was the only time recently she’s taken pictures with, hung out with, or talked about any of the Berryz girls). She might like their posts on insta and such but otherwise seems to keep to herself. Not sure if her and Risako had a falling out but I know for sure they haven’t talked in a very long time.

Berryz might have called it a hiatus but it WAS a disbandment, but unlike C-ute, they didn’t have the guts to call it that. Momoko is a teacher now, Chinami is living her life and doesn’t seem to care to return to the entertainment industry aside from that bit of basketball ambassador stuff she did a while back, and Risako has two young kids now and is very dedicated to the mama life. She was pretty much done with the whole singing and dancing stuff by the time Berryz ended, it was very obvious she wasn’t happy and didn’t enjoy it anymore. It’s unlikely she’ll want to come back, because it’s just not who she is anymore (I REALLY can’t see Risako dancing these days). Maasa seems happy with her theatre work and Kumai is enjoying success as a model. The only one that I can see jumping back into Berryz no problem is Saki. I think MAYBE Maasa might be into it if it was offered. Momo probably would also have been into it before, but we haven’t seen her in a long time and people change — maybe as a teacher she’s discovered a new side to herself, or she’s enjoying what she’s doing so much that she doesn’t care to return to being an idol. Not to mention all of these girls are now living restriction-free, so I don’t think they'd want to give that up to be idols again as grown adults.

Long story short: I do think Berryz will do a special reunion thing eventually, but it’s not going to be a comeback. It’ll probably be like what W or Melon Kinenbi did and they’ll perform at a Hello! Con ten years or so after their hiatus/disbandment, and that’ll be it. Maybe they’ll do a concert on their own, a one-time thing (like Buono!’s last two concerts). Same for C-ute (though I could see C-ute doing more together because they seem to have a better relationship post-disbandment than Berryz do, but that’s a different topic). At this point I’m not even sure if we’ll ever see Buono! return at the very least, because although Airi would definitely push for that like no one’s business and Miya would probably be down for that more than a Berryz reunion, Momo might not want to return after all. It sucks because I used to be so sure we’d get to see them all together again eventually, but as things have played out over the years, I’m starting to think if it does happen, it’s going to be small things and not actual comebacks or revivals.

#9896 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 04:03 PM

I think with Momoko retiring from the industry, it will make Berryz reunion in the public very difficult and almost chance-less.

Regardless of how their personal relationships are, I am sure if there are plans from the agency to get them back together publicly I am sure they will oblige to do so given all 6 of them are still tied with the UF agency.

But I am sure they won't do a reunion without Momoko, so I think the ball is pretty much in the Momoko's court.

As for Miyabi falling out with Risako, I have never heard about that before. But then I am sure some of the girls only have plain working relationship with one another.

So I am not surprised if it is the case between them (ie. Miyabi & Risako), they may not in contact with each other, but that doesn't mean they won't be able to work together.

Afterall, they have worked with each for more than 10 years together.

I know Captain is closest to Miyabi during her Berryz days, so I am surprised that Miyabi has never attended Captain's FC events as a special guest or something considering it's not like PINK Cres is on fire or very busy.

Hopefully, Chinami will be able to join Captain/Maasa /Yurina for future events now that she is back in Japan.

#9897 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 04:41 AM

I never said they couldn’t work together — but whether they’d WANT to is the question. Just because the company would like them to do something doesn’t mean they’re all just gunna be like “oh yeah sure why not” — they’re not obliged to do anything they don’t want to do. Risako is definitely one of the members that would not do it just because the company thinks it’s a great idea. Like I said, the whole “idol” thing is behind her now. I think if the ball is in anyone’s court, it’s Risako’s. Momo enjoyed being an idol until the very end (and was the only member that wanted Berryz to continue to begin with) so she’s less likely to not want a reunion. Risako did not enjoy the last few years as Berryz, and that’s something she‘s been pretty honest about, so she’s likely to pass on the idea.

It is surprising that Miya doesn’t make appearances with Saki and I haven’t seen Saki make any appearances on Miya’s insta like Chinami did (or vice versa, Miya on Saki’s). Like I said, Miya’s had basically nothing to do with any Berryz member since PINK CRES started. Like she’s trying really hard to separate her current life as a member of PC from her life as a Berryz member.

#9898 Honeybear

Honeybear

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:29 AM

Happy 29th Birthday to Captain!  <3

No solo FC bday events for Saki-chan this year (she is appearing in a play right now). Instead, her bday was celebrated a few weeks ago as part of the Shimikumaazu FC events I posted about above, which were subtitled Birthday Surprise.

Most of the Q&A at the events were about Saki. Wota said the girls were very funny and everyone had a great time, looking forward to their events next year.

- When asked if there is a J-pop song she would like to sing, Saki said J=J's Hitori de Ikiraresou....  Maasa said she would pick a song by Matsuura Aya, and Yurina would pick one by Amuro Namie. 

- Maasa and Kumaichan did impersonations of other Berryz members speaking to Captain. Maasa did Momoko, and Yurina did Chinami, Miyabi, and Risako.

- Maasa and Yurina were asked what they think is amazing about Captain. Kumaicho said she admired what Saki-chan did during Berryz because "the pressure was considerable". Maasa said Captain is modest about what she did, but Saki is the one who pulled Berryz Kobo together in its early days. 

- Asked to tell some of their favorite good points about Captain, Yurina said her dancing talent and her cuteness. Maasa said "Buttocks!" When Saki replied that she is exercising to keep in shape, Maasa asked "For me?" lol

- During stay at home time, Saki studied and got qualification as a "food education advisor". It was part of a challenge that she did with Nacky.

- Birthday presents were given to her, including cake, ice cream, a special letter from Maasa and Kumaichan, and a ticket for the three of them to have dinner together in the future.     :)

#9899 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:08 AM

The cast of her play celebrated with her today. 29 ni narimasu! She'll be the first of the H!P kids to turn 30.

Interesting that she and Nacky got certified, Nacky has been posting a lot on social media about veggies & nutrition.

Attached Files

#9900 Honeybear

Honeybear

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:11 PM

It was great to see Captain and Maasa appearing live today on ABEMA BOATRACE TOWN.  :w00t:

And congrats to Saki-chan as the winner!

https://www.bilibili...609441852628862

Attached File  thumbnail_EsZfuKLU4AAMi0M.jpg   87.53K   23 downloads  Attached File  thumbnail_EsZlRNFUUAEOKHf.jpg   70.95K   24 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users