23094 replies to this topic

#22881 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 03:40 PM

^

That is Standard Operating Procedure in Japan. The couple file paperwork, becoming legally married, then they tell their bosses & friends, then they have a solemnizing ceremony and/or party.

AFAIK, it's rare to make public announcements of engagement.

My personal guess about the lack of attention to engagements is the seriousness with which courting a partner is (was) taken. (If I may demand that courting and dating be treated as different words)

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#22882 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:16 AM

Airi’s performance for the Stop Drunk Driving televised charity event.

Anyone else find that Airi’s back up singer’s (Marina? I think that’s her name?) vocals don’t blend well with Airi’s in live settings? I’ve always found her distracting when they harmonize, and their voices just don’t seem to blend together in a way that sounds cohesive. It just sounds like two different voices clashing rather than complimenting one another.

#22883 AiriFan2368

AiriFan2368

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:56 AM

Is Airi finally getting a kissing scene?

perhaps, 152391744_5064799733561651_3674348490040

#22884 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:16 PM

It’s likely they might not have them actually kiss tho. Just use clever camera angles and lighting. Aside from the corona virus issue, it’s also a common thing in Japanese media to fake a kiss scene like that (especially with idols, or former idols like Airi, who are in small dramas like these recent two that she’s been in).

#22885 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:16 PM

I've never seen such resemblance to Kudo Mio in that picture.

And yes, kissing scene can be faked, watch the dram NEXT YOU by J=J and you'll know how.

#22886 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:45 PM

You really have a lot of conspiracy theories about Airi, as if she couldn’t land gigs or be successful in her own right with her own talent and hard work.
There’s a new song titled Kono Hoshi no Kiseki being used for these new Chiba Bank commercials that begin airing this month! Her last set of commercials with them used start again, so it’s nice to see another original song. There’s no word on if or when this song will be released, so I’ll add it to the list!

Sorry for double post, but figured I should make a list and this post can be quoted in the future to be edited, like the H!P Unreleased songs thread.

UNRELEASED TRACKS:
• No Live, No life
• Get in the Groove
• Kono Hoshi no Kiseki
• Apple Pie

DIGITALLY RELEASED (NEW ERA)
• BABY! WE CAN DO IT
• Let the Show Begin
• Kimi ni Dake Hitomishiri
• Easy to Smile
• Mayonaka no Meri-go-round

The ending theme for YumeKoi will be a new song by Airi x Blue Vintage (who wrote/produced Mayonaka no Merry-go-round), titled “Apple Pie”. I’ve officially added it to the list!

I’m starting to think we’ll get the album announced at the middle/end of March, after YumeKoi has aired and her other drama is still running to get the most for promo. We don’t yet know if the other drama that runs through March will have a theme song sung by Airi.

#22887 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9502 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:51 PM

Airi’s performance for the Stop Drunk Driving televised charity event.

Anyone else find that Airi’s back up singer’s (Marina? I think that’s her name?) vocals don’t blend well with Airi’s in live settings? I’ve always found her distracting when they harmonize, and their voices just don’t seem to blend together in a way that sounds cohesive. It just sounds like two different voices clashing rather than complimenting one another.

Marina is Airi's lead dancer and choreographer as well as One Pixcel's choreographer.

You can follow her on Instagram.

https://instagram.co...d=1vvcwm3ie65mm

#22888 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:54 PM

I know who Marina is, I follow her already. :) I just thought her backup singer had the same name for some reason. It’s definitely an M name.

EDIT:
Okay so I was wrong. Her name is Ami, so it doesn’t start with an M LOL. Turns out she’s a song writer as well and has written and been on chorus for so many songs for Johnny’s its crazy lol. Here’s the link to her page listing all her works for anyone interested:

http://tef-tef.oops....orks/index.html

It doesn’t look like her website is updated very often. A lot of the tracks listed as new at the top there are from before 2015, but we know she’s written and participated in songs for Airi since 2017.

Also side note: Marina is NOT Airi’s choreographer — Kanata is her choreographer, and as far as I know, is the only one who’s choreographed for Airi. If Marina has done it, I’d love to know which songs!

#22889 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 03:37 PM

Airi sang the ending song for her drama, Yumemitaina Koishitai Onnatachi. Here's the teaser for it. I'm loving it so far!

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#22890 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:58 PM

Airi’s vocals sound SO DARN GOOD. There’s parts of it that I swear if I didn’t know it was her I wouldn’t think it was?? She’s singing differently here or something. LOVE IT.

#22891 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:59 AM

What is up with the woman being older than the man in Japan? Do they consider it more romantic? I remember almost every Final Fantasy game with romance does this.

Also why is it the i-Turn guy again? Is this drama produced by the same company?

#22892 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 07:07 PM

^ I’ve never noticed a thing with that. I’ve watched a million Japanese dramas and movies and it’s usually the girl being younger.

It’s not, he just so happened to get the job. It’s not at all uncommon in Japan to see the same actors and actresses in multiple different shows/movies together. Usually because there’s only a few actors and actresses that get popular enough every few years (“generations”), and so they often get shuffled together a lot. This is a small drama and both of them are smaller actors playing main roles, so it makes sense they’d appear in something together again at some point.

#22893 AiriFan2368

AiriFan2368

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:17 PM

What is up with the woman being older than the man in Japan? Do they consider it more romantic? I remember almost every Final Fantasy game with romance does this.

Also why is it the i-Turn guy again? Is this drama produced by the same company?

For Luna Noct, Aeris Cloud yes; Tifa is younger than Cloud; Rinoa Squall similar age;  Yuna Tidus, similar; Lightning Villiers similar

#22894 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:57 PM

Oh darn, I could have sworn Rinoa was 18 and Squall was 17.

Actors and actress being paired often, sure, a lot of it is how prolific they are, but Airi rarely does dramas. Somehow ends up with the same guy.

Anyway, where can we watch it?

#22895 AiriFan2368

AiriFan2368

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:07 PM

https://finalfantasy...Squall_Leonhart

Age 17 (born August 23)

https://finalfantasy...Rinoa_Heartilly

Age 17 (born March 3)

There are 5 month difference, I would say similar

#22896 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:42 PM

Ok and thank you all for all this no Airi-related Final Fantasy info.  XD

#22897 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 12:36 AM

^^ Airi is a small actress and that’s what I’m saying — so is he. So it’s not strange at all that they would be working together again on another small drama. I’ve seen actors in Japan work on two or three dramas and movies together in the span of 3-5 years, so it’s not too far off of what often happens.

Chapter 1 and 2 are up on the official website. As far as I know chapter 3 and 4 won’t feature Airi at all, but I could be wrong. https://www.ntv.co.jp/yumekoi/drama/

#22898 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 06:13 AM

Chapter 3 seems to be her kissing scene.

Anyway, kind of disappointed they built this up for so long only to turn out to be a series of ads with Airi making faces for 8 minutes per episode...

#22899 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 02:12 PM

Ooh I haven’t watched it yet... Apparently Airi’s been getting a lot of praise and such from female fans in particular, which doesn’t surprise me considering everything about this drama is heavily aimed at women. They’re all saying how great the drama is. But honestly I don’t usually trust Japanese people’s ideas of “good acting”/dramas/movies because usually Japanese acting is over the top and unnatural (there are plenty of exceptions of course, but smaller dramas/actors and even big manga/anime live actions with bigger actors are the worst for this). So Japanese acting often comes across cringey to westerners who are used to Hollywood level/actually trained actors acting in movies and dramas here. I don’t know — I always go into Japanese dramas/movies (esp small ones like this) with low expectations for acting and storylines.

#22900 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:33 PM

Sorry for the double post but we have another song announcement!

The song is titled Sora wa Futatabi Moeru (or Sora wa Nidou Moeru, I’m not sure which one as they’re written the same). Depending on which word is correct, the English would be either “The Sky Burns Twice”, or “The Sky Burns Once More”, which are somewhat similar but are slightly different I think.

Anyway, like with her Blue Vintage and Suzuki Masayuki collabs, it’s a 40mP song with Airi listed as a feature (she’s been doing a lot of features this era! Unlike past eras where people were featured on HER songs, or it was an equal collab). 40mP is a Vocaloid producer, and it seems like he doesn’t do much for real-human musical acts. Airi might be the first real human he’s done work for??

Here’s the vocaloid fandom page for his work: https://vocaloid.fandom.com/wiki/40mP
Here’s his website: https://www.inametoru.com/

There’s a tiny clip on her insta right now. It releases March 21st, so we’ll get to hear it in full really soon! If it ends up having an MV, it’ll likely be an animated one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users