• Please log in to reply
23094 replies to this topic

#22721 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 05:36 AM

Again, if English is a language you acquired later in life, I forgive you.

But at least now I can moveon with the sobering and painful knowledge that I'm not forgiven  ...by Kuraudo17.  ...because he's important to me.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#22722 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 05:49 AM

I forgive you, but you need to get over yourself.

#22723 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:42 AM

I promise that English is my first language. I don't deserve forgiveness. Punish me Kuraudo-sama.
https://youtu.be/aaU8qn2MIc8?t=150
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#22724 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:55 AM

I won't stoop down to petulant trolling. At least now you understand that show business *is* a lot about ability, and that Will Smith is a critically acclaimed actor.

Merry Christmas!

#22725 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 07:30 AM

https://encrypted-tb...IW3XC2GS7eKRfmq

#22726 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:18 PM

I like candy

#22727 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:22 PM

Check out Airi's university!

https://www.youtube....h?v=yC-DDo3ESwA

#22728 Wis34

Wis34

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 01:16 PM

Unfortunately, in our days ability and skill or even talent is not as important for both industries, film and music. The real ability comes from producers and marketing, they manage to create a perfect formula on how to sell fast and high. Is not by accident that modern music is oddly similar, not to mention about movies.

Further more commercial success is not the only success. Only 5%-9% of singers and actors produce big money. Most of them, sell average and still make a decent living. Successfully cover the productions expenses and keep the companies running. The ones that don’t make it they are simply replaced by newcomers.

I personally like it that Airi keeps it “independent/experimental”. Even thought I don’t like all her songs and definitely cringe when she mix her voice to sound too cute, I believe she’s more focused on what makes her happy. Sings songs that she likes to hear, collaborate with artists she admires, participate in production and even make a music video by herself. I mean, if that’s not success what is? 
Yes, her music doesn’t sell more than 40k, but still she’s the highest selling solo artist in her company.
Without a doubt, she can sigh with another company and try to make it big, but honestly I would hate to see that. Commercial success its such a dangerous place to be, too many sacrifices, too many sad stories, too many deaths! 

#22729 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:17 AM

So I bought the Nippon Budokan DVD, as I attended that concert and was excited to own it but couldn’t afford it until recently. I accidentally ordered the regular DVD instead of the Blu-Ray because I thought the only difference was the inclusion of 2 live CDs, and missed the fact that only the Blu-Ray has the document... I can’t return and buy the Blu ray version, and I can’t find it anywhere that I can download it. Anyone have a copy they’d be willing to share with me? Even if it’s just uploading it to Google docs for a brief time enough for me to download it. I’m super sad about it — I don’t know how I missed that.

Thanks to anyone who can give a fellow fan a hand, lol.

#22730 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:16 AM

What's the guy saying and what's with all the dislikes?

https://www.youtube....h?v=Daz4mVMVOnY

#22731 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 11:21 AM

Not a full translation:
This guy who is not especially a fan (but does know who she is and knows more or less what ℃-ute was) reviewed her album and was dissatisfied because he felt that she and her team weren’t committed to anything. Especially the “back and forth” of songs styles, even though there are several dance tracks, they’re spread out, so he felt that the team wasn’t trying to do or say anything with the variety of songs so much as just feeding fans stuff they like.

I don’t know who disliked, but my arbitrary GUESS is that it’s Suzuki fans who are unhappy with the low (2/5) final score.

#22732 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:35 PM

Oh lol that's basically everyone I managed to get to listen to her first album. I was hoping the lack of direction and distinct style would stop eventually, that we were past the "chameleon" year...

#22733 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:02 AM

I am already a kinda fan, so I'm not bothered by the organization or variety.  But I totally get what the reviewer (and your friends) are saying.

I'm not a music marketing expert (or knowledgeable at all this is pulled straight from my behind...) but I think that most "not fans" would prefer if stuff was grouped, or organized a way that "took them on a ride." 

So, you have these 3-4 different "sides" to your sound, you give each one a particular outfit on your album, and you introduce the audience to them one at a time.  "She is/does these 4 things, and maybe more!" makes a stronger impression than, "She does some assorted stuff."

Or you tell a particular story that starts with excitement and move through isolation into joy.  (or whatever)

Instead of bouncing around among them...

#22734 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:03 PM

Or even if she just had an identity. What is Airi music? People knock on Sayumi's singing a lot, and rightfully so, but at least she has a brand. In Airi's case it feels like they're just throwing things at the wall and see what sticks, which is fine as a strategy for a "new" artist I suppose, but her team needs to be aware of this. It should be a conscious effort with an end goal in sight. It shouldn't be just Airi coming up with new songs at night and posting them on IG.

https://www.facebook...24065411163797/

#22735 AiriFan2368

AiriFan2368

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:37 PM

There could be a vote for Airi's songs, though most likely the result is fan's opinion.

Like: distance, identity

Not very like: perfect timing

#22736 AiriFan2368

AiriFan2368

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 03:16 AM

Attached File  82042253_3388467851194856_3030974758842793984_o.jpg   86.12K   23 downloads

#22737 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:55 AM

Dislike: The jazz song in "i". What's up with that???

#22738 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:56 PM

It’s within the same vein as DAYLIGHT and Iinjyanai in tone and it does have that “band” style Airi likes, but it is more jazzy than anything she’s done solo before, and although I love it personally, I do have to say it’s strange being the only song of its kind on the album.

The only thing I really didn’t love about the album was her cutesy singing in the slow tracks. Airi has an amazing deep voice and we finally are getting to hear that in most of the tracks and her recent performances so I was hoping that meant she was shifting to that way of singing more often (which sounds better and more comfortable for her, likely because it’s actually where her range sits), but it seems she’ll still be doing it for songs where she wants a cute feeling (Hanauta, Parallel Date) or whatever. It’s unfortunate because I like all the mellow tracks but the singing ruins them because she doesn’t sound good, like she struggles to reach the higher notes, or sounds out of breathe. She’s better than that, so I don’t like it at all. The only mellow song she doesn’t do that as much with is Betsu ni Kanjo ni Natta yo, but even that one wasn’t given her full potential vocally either.

Also, I did notice that this album had a lot of rock-influence within the tracks so they do tie into one another for that reason, but for the most part that’s their only connection. I do agree that the album could have been better organized, I think changing the track list order would have done wonders.

#22739 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:08 AM

Re: deep voice, I would love for her to do another collaboration with Scandal. She is like an idol version of Haruna Ono.

#22740 GBA

GBA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2958 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:41 PM

[2019.12.18] Suzuki Airi - i [Limited Edition Blu-ray]
Part 1: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x7qs836
Part 2: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x7qs837
Part 3: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x7qs838

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users