• Please log in to reply
23094 replies to this topic

#22601 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:23 AM

Really loving the concept and designs for the Escape tour. She’s doing such cute things with her tours, really focusing on themes and such. Is there a thread for this new tour?

Also, I don’t think Airi’s hair has thinned out as much as it seems. Her bangs are often thinned our for shoots like in Ray because that style is in. Hair being more... thinner and messier in a way?? Not sure how to describe it. But she styles her hair like that often these days. Maybe that’s why it seems thinner? Her latest IG posts where she’s teaching fans a dance to her new song show her with more normal hair.

#22602 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:23 PM

How can you thin hair out as a style?

#22603 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:57 PM

Easy. Her hair seems mostly thin around her bang area which is what most people keep pointing out. You pull back most of the bangs and pin it, leaving a small bit of it still down. It makes your bangs look thinner without actually having to commit long-term and thin them out with a hair cut. It’s super popular right now to have thin bangs (or “see-through” bangs as they call them), which Airi’s been sporting for the last three years or so since the trend started (but really picked up over the last year or so). All Ray models are styled this way, and even the girls with normally thicker hair look like their hair is thinner because of the bang styling.

#22604 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

I'm looking at "thin hair style" pictures on Google and can't seem to find a style where you have intentional bald spots.

#22605 chisafan

chisafan

Chiitan's Spaghetti Chef

• Senpai
  • 722 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:46 PM

^ Yeah, her thinning problem is on top (as far as I can tell). Her hair never looked bad it's just from certain angles you could see a problem. The thin bangs style is nice; it must be a breather for the forehead XD

#22606 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:58 PM

Most definitely. Lol

I think Airi’s “balding spots” started appearing before the disbandment. I think around the Middle Management single??

EDIT:
Okie dokie I’m back after looking a few things up. I thought everyone was referring to her thinned our bangs, but looking at older pictures there’s a small bald spot that she’s always had. Is that what we’re talking about?

Attached Files

#22607 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:27 AM

Wow interesting find. Maybe it's been there all along, we just didn't notice.

Anyone, she said something about the DVD of Parallel Date having rehearsal footage mixed with live footage (I think in a translated interview). Does anyone have that?

#22608 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:55 PM

Just wanted to drop this here because I’m so happy for Airi. For the female section of the yearly Talent Power Ranking, Airi made it into the “Next breakout” section, in the green. Hopefully she can at least hold on to it this year, but it would be nice if she could get into the orange zone, “Attention”.

Attached Files

#22609 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:46 PM

She really needs to pick better songs if she wants to survive.

#22610 chisafan

chisafan

Chiitan's Spaghetti Chef

• Senpai
  • 722 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:31 AM

^ She could get Maria Takeuchi (& hubby) to write her a modern City Pop song :D . She can take advantage of her, I would think, larger than average foreign fan base.

In 1982, she married fellow musician Tatsuro Yamashita, now 65, who has arranged and produced her creations from the start. The two of them are arguably the most famous couple in the domestic music industry today. Think the Beyonce and Jay-Z of J-pop.

... ...

Takeuchi’s success, however, has long been limited to her home country (save for a few niche audiences devoted to vintage Japanese pop). That changed in 2017 when the internet discovered her 1984 track, “Plastic Love.”

JPT

Plastic Love

I have a hunch that the idol industry doesn't really want solo artists to succeed. Firstly, they want to make it appear that being an idol leads to being a successful musician, if desired, to encourage recruitment. Secondly, they want to erase the history of the original group so that new groups can take the spotlight.

Okay, now I have to check out Airi's YT channel to see what's new ^-^

Dance to the plastic beat.

#22611 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:29 PM

With makeup you can cover bald spots. I actually have one around the same spot Airi has hers. I have bangs and have used makeup to cover it up. It works. The thin bangs, another way to get them is to let your bangs grow out and just cut a thin part of them. If you get tired, just cut more hair around your hairline and that's it.

#22612 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:01 AM

How did her eyes get so big?

D97iy61XsAIfNP9.jpg

Firstly, they want to make it appear that being an idol leads to being a successful musician, if desired, to encourage recruitment. 

Wow, that's a great point. H!P was losing ground and suddenly they support the solo career of one of their graduated idols. Makes sense if they want to use it as a recruitment tool.

#22613 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:16 PM

Anyone know where these are from? Only one is actually from the TSOne Twitter. Love Airi in red!

D9_XxpTUEAAaJpg.jpg

#22614 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:41 PM

I believe they were pics she took while doing the radio show and they were posted on the twitter account. She doesn’t tend to post these elsewhere, except sometimes her AiriMania radio show.

And about her eyes, it’s mostly make up and probably also the eyelid tape that’s popular to use to make the eyes bigger. Japanese girls do this all the time. Airi without make up has smaller eyes.

#22615 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

Thank you. Anyone know what the text messages in Parallel Date say?

#22616 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:42 PM

As for eyes, I've seen some Japanese girls (and Chinese girls for that matter), that had huge eyes, no make up.  It's quite surprising just how naturally large some people's eyes can be, Asian or not.

#22617 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 04:55 AM

Airi performing her B-Side "Identity" on Ongaku no Hi

Edit:  Re-upload

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#22618 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 02:30 PM

We've seen Airi with smaller eyes though, mainly age 16 and younger.

Anyway, she owns that goth chic look. She should do that more often!

#22619 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:34 AM

Any chance I-turn will be subbed?

Can anyone view this? Airi on Tokyo Good seems gone.

https://www.youtube....h?v=LkL1qe8U4LU

#22620 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:36 PM

A rare two-shot, Airi with Melon Kinenbi's Masae Otani. Which one looks younger?

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users