#21921 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

^ & ^^

Rly?!
The side by side pics are pretty clearly two different colors to my eyes... Maybe it's easier to see if you pay attention to the color where there's a bit of reflection-glare. Does her hair shine white/grey (left) or does it shine red/brown (right)? Both are dark, and in the states I'd probably call both "black hair" but side by side they look really different to me... (Maybe I've been trained to tell the difference so I can tell home room teachers that their students are breaking the no dyed hair rule :D )
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#21922 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:49 PM

^ The one on the right looks browner than on the left, but both of these photos are after the dye job, so I don't know how it looked different from her previous hair! LOL!

By the way, stills of Airi from the new Jinsei Wa STEP! MV :D

9ddef060-fb9e-42f9-55ce-94bf3f4505f2.png
42dc477a-a1c7-4843-6c23-79f23b161ca6.png

She looked like a gorgeous princess <3

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#21923 MotoHime

MotoHime

MIYAIRI!

• Senpai
  • 671 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:10 PM

^ :wub: I'm so happy how Jinsei's MV turned out!

I guess she dyed her hair to get a better shade of black to her liking? Or to make it more smooth and vivid??

miya ♡ duu  airi  saya

buono | berikyuu | beyooooonds

#21924 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:58 AM

^
^
:omg:

Must be the lighting? They totally look like different colors to me.

If the color didn't change significantly, maybe it was just a root touch-up? Usually dying damages hair, rather than make it smoother. But if you go to a good salon (and since Suzuki is a professional model, I think it's safe to say she does) they can do all sorts of stuff to hide and repair damage. If both were after dying, but the second was after treatment and styling that might explain the texture difference?
Now it's safe to say I know less than I thought I did. :D
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#21925 meds

meds

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:01 AM

As a not English native speaker I'm very confused with words dye, dying etc.

I'm sorry.

#21926 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:10 AM

"dye" is use chemicals to change something's color.

Sadly, I misspelled "dyeing" (I wrote "dying" but that's the ~ing of "die" which is not what I was trying to talk about).

#21927 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:00 PM

Not know too much about that things, but if the color don't change, it could be "reflections" or something like that. :sotsugyou:

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#21928 magic_ayu

magic_ayu

konkon, little captain & princess airi's secret lover

• Senpai
  • 823 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:20 AM

[Suzuki Airi turns cuter than usual♥]

Three Tips of the Spring Curled Hair | Ray
Airi appears on Ray magazine official HP

It's a good season to change your hair style.
But Changing hair style boldly requires big courage.
You may feel shy.

Now, we'll introduce good curled hair style.
Suzuki Airil, exclusive-Ray-model, tried before you.
She turns cuter than usual! ♥

rmk20150324005-360x360.png
◆Loose MIX curled hair.
It's a standard curly hair: Curling whole hair inwards and outwards.
You don't need to change your hair style boldly.
Just curling loosely to make moderate waves
Let's make mild curly hair style.

rmk20160324002-360x360.png
Tip 1. Curl tightly
We needs loose curled hair. but, We don't recommend you to curl your hair loosely from the beginning.
First, Curling tightly like the picture.

rmk20160324003-360x360.png
Tip 2. Finger comb.
Combing boldly with your fingers.
After curling tightly, you should comb the hair from the end to the roots with your fingers like shampoo.
Then, The curl naturally become loose.

rmk20160324004-360x360.png
Tip 3. Electing whole hairs
After tip-2, combing the hair casually!
this is the final process.
From the end to the roots, brushing with a Cushion brush.
Brush delicately and elect your hairs beautifully!
Loose MIX curled hair is completed!!

We know Suzuki Airi is cute as always.
But the light and stylish hair "Loose MIX Curled Hair" accelerated her cuteness!!

Everybody try it!!

As always, thanks to 910percent for translating.

#21929 MotoHime

MotoHime

MIYAIRI!

• Senpai
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:00 PM

Usually dying damages hair, rather than make it smoother.

If this was a reference to my previous post sorry for being inaccurate; I meant to say to make the color more smooth, definitely not the actual hair. XD

miya ♡ duu  airi  saya

buono | berikyuu | beyooooonds

#21930 DarkLaharl

DarkLaharl

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

Well it looks like this scandal will not be addressed because there new concert went fine and now they announced they are all going to have a concert in HongKong and Taipei

May 21st 2016!!

12885837_1051666678225582_35764508825597

LINK https://www.facebook...051398998252350

*quoting from c-ute thread*  Really love that picture of Airi, how can she look so prettty : /

島舞美  鈴木 愛理  鞘師里保  中西香菜

Stan SF9. Stan Pentagon.

Stan Personality. Stan Talent. If you are offended by an idol for dating, you have no rights to say "I stan them for talent"

Quoting Angerme

"The people at the top of popularity ranking. We have no obligations to like them. We rely on our tastes. What's wrong with it?"

#21931 Ohasumi

Ohasumi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:30 PM

^Airi's just really close to perfection. Lol But she works super hard to be that perfect too, what with being a daughter-friend-idol-model-university student. Like I personally can't live waking up at 5am, interact with so many people, and them go to sleep at midnight everyday lol. But I admire that focused, hardworking, playful, and optimistic side of her. Like she knows how to balance work and play, and to really learn from and make the best out of anything. I think it's a great way to live and I try to follow her example. :)

And she looks better every year too. I noticed that when she started being a Ray model, she's better at hair and make-up now. Her expressions and modelling positions have always been on point, but it has definitely leveled-up because of how much better she does her hair and make-up. That and her brown hair and hairstyle suits her really well! It's a really flexible hairstyle too so she can play around it more.

#21932 Nana127

Nana127

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

With Airi's birthday a little over a week away, I've been thinking of gathering some birthday messages from foreign fans and making a card or something for her. I'll be going to her birthday event, so I'll deliver it there.

If anybody here is interested, please PM me by the end of April 9. Messages in either English or Japanese are ok. If you write in English, then I'll also translate the message into Japanese to my best ability  ^_^

#21933 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:22 PM

^^ yes, she was beautiful before, but now she really know how to work the camera! I think she must've picked up on expressions and poses from watching her other model colleagues (is that the right word?) too. Airi said before that not everyone can do what an idol does, balancing work with school and rehearsal and everything else, which makes her feel like she was born for this. And I totally agree too. Just like Momoko! It's amazing.

^ Nana127, wow, that is incredibly nice of you! I'd like to give Airi a message, but I need to start thinking about what to say. Thank you so much!

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#21934 Ohasumi

Ohasumi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:16 AM

With Airi's birthday a little over a week away, I've been thinking of gathering some birthday messages from foreign fans and making a card or something for her. I'll be going to her birthday event, so I'll deliver it there.

If anybody here is interested, please PM me by the end of April 9. Messages in either English or Japanese are ok. If you write in English, then I'll also translate the message into Japanese to my best ability  ^_^

You mentioned this too late. XD If you want to gather a lot of messages, maybe suggesting something like this a month prior would've been great. I'll shoot you a message with my message though! Any guidelines on length?

#21935 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:21 AM

Do you honestly think she'll READ anything we'd write??

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#21936 Nana127

Nana127

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:05 AM

^^ Yeah my bad  ^^;  I didn't think of doing this soon enough, but I thought better late than never.

Well, if necessary, I could extend the deadline and put the messages on a birthday card from the official H!P shop instead since they're collecting them until the end of the month.

^ *shrugs* Who knows, but there's no harm in trying anyway so might as well. If she doesn't read it, oh well. If she does read it, then yay the fans got to convey something to her.

#21937 a_chen

a_chen

触らないでください

• Banned
  • 826 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:12 AM

I was watching "girls live" and Suzuki-san is checking the price of Kimono. He reaction was very funny, Kimono was 1800000 yen or something similar.

I found it interesting as she's supposed to be wealthy yet is shocked by the price.

I guess Suzuki-san is not very materialistic.

#21938 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:01 AM

^^^ I think she would, they've mentioned reading fan letters and such before in the past. The most recent (not Airi though) was for ℃-ute's anniversary, and 910percent was really nice to translate the first few commenters' messages to whatever member they wanted. He translated mine to Maimi (I asked her to continue leading ℃-ute and congratulations) and Maimi blogged saying that she was really happy to read all the messages from all around the world :D

^ that episode was very funny! About the show, the shops give their clothes to Girls Live? Or do they actually have to purchase it? Cuz Airi picked out quite a few kimonos and I can't imagine H!P spending all that money.

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#21939 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

I was watching "girls live" and Suzuki-san is checking the price of Kimono. He reaction was very funny, Kimono was 1800000 yen or something similar.

I found it interesting as she's supposed to be wealthy yet is shocked by the price.

I guess Suzuki-san is not very materialistic.

Reacting indifferently to something like that would be very un-idol like.

#21940 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:57 AM

^
^
AFAICT When the clothing shop/maker is credited, the clothes are usually borrowed. It's promotion for lending clothes, like the jewelry that Stars wear to The Academy Awards. In movies and such stylists and clothing/costume designers are credited.
Edited: further discussion (and a little thought) makes me think I was wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users