• 127 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 04:34 AM

#22942 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 04:42 AM

Anyone got that allegedly greatest idols of all time list where Airi came 4th?

#22943 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 04:27 PM

Only thing I've seen is what 910percent has posted, as usual.

If you don't have time to watch the video, here's the caption he posted for it:

Airi was voted the 4th Greatest Of All Time Idol ranking by current Idols.
She is called the Idol whom all Idols admire
Yamamoto Sayaka said she is perfect. and many Idols participated in C-ute final concert.
In addition, She belonged to Buono.
The beginning of Hatsukoi Cider is too amazing.

On a related note, 910percent also translated her tweet about this incident.

[ Airi Twitter ]
When I get up and saw Twitter. I found the words "Buono!" and "Hatsukoi Cider" in Twitter Hot word ranking.
What's happening? I was surprised
** Suzuki Airi was introduced as the 4th greatest of all time Idol last night. the footage of Buono Hatsukoi Cider too.
Today, four years have passed since the Buono last concert.
I'm so happy to feel Buono again on such a memorial day
Music will live forever.
Thank you for discovering Buono today too.
Please love us from now on too! ❤

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#22944 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 01:11 PM

Who voted idols into the list? Was it really called greatest of all time list? Sorry my Japanese is weak.

#22945 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 04:20 PM

Yeah, the list name seems to be that. It seems to be chosen by the MCs (Kei Tanaka and Yudai Chiba), as well as Hinatazaka46 if I'm not reading it wrong?

You can search the segment name "ブラッドアイドル総選挙". Someone posted the whole episode on YouTube, but the audio quality is quite poor. I've timestamped Airi's section:

https://youtu.be/RFBOBQaoMc8?t=432

Also, Sayashi Riho was voted 9th. The rest seem to be 46/48 members.

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#22946 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 01:27 AM

Here’s Airi’s 2-Song performance from the Chiba Festa:

Seeing Airi having so much fun with that Mascot was a real serotonin booster haha. That long note before the final chorus of Identity was so smooth and strong, so proud of her!!

#22947 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:06 AM

Annnd we’ve got another new song to add to the list! “Be Brave” was uploaded to the Ameba YouTube channel but it’s unfortunately region locked and only available in Japan. :( Airi’s had more than one ameba drama recently so not sure if this is going to tie into a new drama or if it’ll be like a theme song for ameba itself, but I’ll update once I know more…

It’s a ballad, and sounds like from the translated lyrics it’s a little pretty track with a great message: http://www.airisuzuk...i-be-brave.html

UPDATE: The song is used as the ending theme song to Black Cinderella’s After story episode, and will be available WORLD WIDE on Spotify on June 17th!!

It’s strange that the song itself will be available worldwide but the video of Airi singing it is region locked on the Ameba YT channel lmao

#22948 Hollerama

Hollerama

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 05:06 PM

Airi & Karin sing Lady Mermaid!

Ngl, it’s missing a lot without Risako...

#22949 AiriFan2368

AiriFan2368

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:20 PM

https://leia.5ch.net...rty/1623825454/

http://matsuri.5ch.n.../1623827906/l50

what's that :ongaku:

#22950 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 04:06 PM

So far the only English social media I could find regarding Parafuse is their Singapore Instagram account.

They say what Parafuse treatment is in three Instagram posts (1, 2, 3)

Basically they make it out to be a sort of miracle treatment where they'll massage specific areas to promote the flow of your spinal fluid, which helps dispel (?) waste/toxins from your body, in turn curing many ailments like insomnia, body aches, and more.

It sounds like those placebo beauty treatments that have no scientific evidence to back it up, but ultimately harmless? It sounds like it's just a massage. I could be missing some information since I'm not referring to the Japanese source, which I cannot read.

On another note, the theme song Airi sang for Black Cinderella has been uploaded on her YouTube channel. In only 480p, but at least we get to hear/watch it instead of it being region-blocked!

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#22951 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 12:52 PM

It’s interesting that they announced it for international Spotify release and then not only did they not release it on Spotify but removed any mention of it in previous posts about the song. I remember her mentioning Spotify in the past for other releases and the same thing happening and I thought I was crazy and remembering wrong, but this time there’s plenty of people who noticed so I’m relieved I’m not alone this time haha

Weird since her and her team are clearly aware of the success of Apple Pie on Spotify charts as she shared them on Instagram. There’s gotta be a reason why they’re sitting on their hands about this. You’d think they’d put up her whole discography by now (unless that’s what they’re waiting to do, maybe something’s holding it back?). Airi hasn’t had a physical release in two and a half years now, she’s mostly digital these days when it comes to music, so I don’t think the hold up has anything to do with sales of physical copies.

Side note: I’m starting to think we’re never getting another physical album, and she’s just going to forever be releasing one-song digital singles each time she releases music lmao

Sorry for double post, but figured I should make a list and this post can be quoted in the future to be edited, like the H!P Unreleased songs thread.

UNRELEASED TRACKS:
• No Live, No life
• Get in the Groove
• Kono Hoshi no Kiseki

DIGITALLY RELEASED (NEW ERA)
• BABY! WE CAN DO IT
• Let the Show Begin
• Kimi ni Dake Hitomishiri
• Easy to Smile
• Mayonaka no Meri-go-round
• Be Brave

FEATURES + COLLABS
• DADDY! DADDY! DO (Suzuki Masayuki feat. Suzuki Airi)
• Apple Pie (Blue Vintage feat. Suzuki Airi)
• Sora wa Nidou Moeru (40mP feat. Suzuki Airi)

#22952 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 05:59 PM

could be a problem with licensing maybe? or a higher up really not wanting it on spotify. it's a weird situation

#22953 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 03:58 PM

Not sure if it's related to the Spotify situation, but I also can't purchase any of her full albums on iTunes. Something about different copyright holders not allowing their song to be sold on iTunes..? Maybe that's the same reason for her songs not being available to everyone on Spotify.

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#22954 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 06:17 PM

^That sounds like it might be the answer!! That makes the most sense.

#22955 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 02:00 PM

Airi performed Gintama's OP last week on a show she co-hosts. Iirc the show is all about anime songs? She's getting a lot better at reaching those high notes. It's still a bit of a struggle but she has improved by leaps and bounds, I love watching her grow.

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#22956 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 02:31 PM

I was watching old C-ute lives the other day (from like 2015-2017) and I noticed that Airi seemed better at high notes then? She used to hit them pretty flawlessly. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that she wasn’t singing the whole song all the time, so her voice got a break… but on the other hand, I think she danced more back then — if she wasn’t singing at that moment, she was dancing. That would also be tiring.

Or maybe it’s just that she’s always trying to do that cutesy thing with her voice pretty frequently (her last album was particularly bad for that) and that can’t be healthy for her voice.

#22957 AiriFan2368

AiriFan2368

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 03:58 PM

Maybe Airi got much more work in solo career. She often looks a bit tired.

#22958 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 02:31 AM

Another one of her co-stars are in Naked Director, the I-Turn and drama shopping guy. I wonder when it's her turn. Maybe a sexy role on a somewhat popular international Netflix show is what she needs to take her fledgling career to the next level.

#22959 AiriFan2368

AiriFan2368

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 08:51 AM

Maybe a sexy role

oh no...

#22960 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 04:21 PM

I agree she's been getting much more work than when she was in C-ute. I wish C-ute had the activities she has now. The members were amazing together.

I think Airi is old enough to do a sexy role, so I'm not opposed to it. I just hope it's something that she actually wants to do.

However, from what she's been releasing, I wondered if she's going into anime. After success of Daddy! Daddy! Do, she collaborated with the Vocaloid producer (which had an anime style MV), did a cover MV of another Kaguya-sama song, and she's also hosting that TV show about anime songs now where she also covers other anime songs.

Speaking of potential future work, she also gave me the impression (before the pandemic started) that she was preparing for some Korean activities. My memory's foggy but I think I recall her mentioning she was watching K-dramas, and she was even casually learning some Korean. She wrote some Korean hashtags in those Instagram posts, and also did some K-pop dance covers with her friend and choreographer, Kanata. I wonder if she was hoping to have a K-pop debut until the pandemic hit, because afterwards there was no more mention of all this... Or maybe I'm just being hopeful. A K-pop debut would do wonders for her popularity imo.

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users