• Please log in to reply
23094 replies to this topic

#22521 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:40 AM

Wow, though she didn't perform the iconic dance moves to the song... her VOICE :wub:

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#22522 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:01 PM

What's with the lack of good quality pics lately?

#22523 AiriFan2368

AiriFan2368

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:36 AM

UF allows photography in parallel date solo.. seems her dressing is inferior than the c-ute period... always wonder why

#22524 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:39 AM

Does anyone here know if this photo set exists in any BOOK of any kind??

I'd love an entire book of Airi looking angry - my gosh :wub:

47388292-2212190215487463-27176276630521

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#22525 AiriFan2368

AiriFan2368

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:50 AM

82298_suzuki+airi.jpg

Does anyone here know if this photo set exists in any BOOK of any kind??

I'd love an entire book of Airi looking angry - my gosh :wub:

It seems to belong to parallel date

#22526 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:29 AM

Ok, I see there are some L size photos from that series on Yahoo... I guess I'll just have to hunt for a while, thanks so much.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#22527 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:06 AM

UF allows photography in parallel date solo.. seems her dressing is inferior than the c-ute period... always wonder why

Yeah but no new pics from Airi herself. Other than overly saturated/filtered to hell Instagram posts.

Anyone know where this is from?

reW5KHw.jpg

#22528 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:03 PM

^ Info from 910percent:

Airi appeared on the public live recording NHK at Hokkai Gakuen University.

https://twitter.com/...503043683926016

DuXZU5hUcAA0PrG.jpg
DuXZVB_VYAEvPZu.jpg

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#22529 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

Oh sweet, I wish someone has the video!

#22530 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:37 AM

Airi with another very successful solo artist, Ayaka.

#22531 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 01:53 AM

Does anyone else prefer the cover of the regular version of Airi's debut album over the "limited" cover version?  

Ironically the CD/blu-ray combo is not so limited as it is easily available, but at any rate, I want to finally buy the CD and would of course like the blu-ray but.... ughhh.... I really like the regular cover better  :(

Airi-Cover.jpg

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#22532 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 02:03 AM

Stylistically, the regular could be considered better, but I'm a huge fan of close-up shots. That's especially true of faces.  If I can see every individual eyelash, someone in their graphics department is doing something I agree with.

#22533 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 02:20 AM

^ Interesting as I've always figured the opposite is true for most (at least males who have the rather rude ideal of "distance is a girl's best friend" mantra and why often filters are used to soften close up shots to disguise blemishes).

The closeup shot is certainly really nice and Airi can do no wrong, but the expressions between both photos give off very different vibes; I see the closeup limited one as a more mature, slightly smug vibe whereas the regular edition has a more innocent, yet at the same time almost sensual or playful glance.

Of course I could be a real fanboy and purchase both versions... I've certainly paid more than $25 for a single idol photo before :lol:

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#22534 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:02 PM

#22535 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:47 AM

I agree -- I like the regular cover more, but bought the limited while in Japan because of the DVD content. I always hate it when the edition that has less content (and the one I don't care to buy) has the better cover. I'm not the type of person to buy both versions as I don't need two of the same CD, so I usually go for one of them based on the content (and if the DVD content isn't anything too special, regular is fine with me). Then again, I also use things like Spotify so owning the CD edition for most J-artists for me is pointless, unless I really love that artist (like Airi, for example). And she's not on Spotify, so there's that, too. 

Speaking of, as I don't think there's a better thread for this (and if there is please direct me because if there's a better place to discuss this I'll go there), I don't think any UP-FRONT artists are on Spotify? Morning Musume has the A gonna single on there but that's it, and Airi, Pink Cres.... all the ones I thought would be there, aren't. Spotify is taking off and there's so many idols and artists on there, I don't know why UF hasn't jumped on the streaming bandwagon yet? Johnny's hasn't either but that's no surprise, but H!P and UF have always been more internet friendly and diving into new areas of promo and such (youtube, itunes, etc) so I figured they'd do this too - or at least, Airi and Pink Cres would.

#22536 chisafan

chisafan

Chiitan's Spaghetti Chef

• Senpai
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:31 AM

You know how many idol Birthday events are rather casual and at times seem unrehearsed or the performances are bit raw, like a karaoke session?  Well, at least to many of the ones I've seen, especially when the idols are younger but I just watched Airi's 2016 bday video (at 22) and omg... it's more like a legit solo concert!  She sounded amazing!  Of course, it is Airi after all.  :c18:

MmmM 1stKisu <3

She looks to be in good form in this performance. I'm more a fan of this type of utahime stuff :good: Her speaking sounds good, too. I wonder who she has backstage (JimaJima?). Edit: I forgot that C-ute disbanded June 12th, 2017! I thought it was longer ago than that :o

- She is looking forward to yakiniku with her family after the performance

- she's a fan of meat over fish

- she did eat before the performance but she's definitely looking forward to mowing down

^-^

#22537 shii5

shii5

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:59 AM

Since H!P and UF music is on iTunes, wouldn't they be streamable via Apple Music? I don't have an Apple Music subscription so I'm not sure. Unless there are others, but the only official music that is on Spotify from UF is Morning Musume 13's album.

#22538 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:19 AM

Calvin Klein, anyone?

tpGpZEv.jpg

#22539 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:09 PM

Then again, I also use things like Spotify so owning the CD edition for most J-artists for me is pointless, unless I really love that artist (like Airi, for example).

As a music collector and fan of tangible media this was a striking statement to read, although I understand that is the norm in music acquisition nowadays.

Younger generations expect music to be YouTube free and don't even understand the concept of supporting an artist beyond likes and playlist sharing.  A few dollars a month subscription to an app as a loose umbrella form of support does practically nothing for an artist.  Japan is the last surviving resource of CD production on the planet, which is another fun part of being a Jpop idol fan.  Owning a CD edition is NOT "pointless"! Plus the Japanese do it right!  They include thick, glossy books on high quality paper with many photos, and you are getting a physical representation of the artist's product.  Streaming a playlist does none of that, it is here today, gone tomorrow with nothing to show for it.  Forgive my rant and please understand it is not personally directed towards you but more of an outward statement from a older collector and fan of hard media.  I'm glad you at least had the disclaimer of unless you really love an artist you'll buy the CD.    

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#22540 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:47 PM

Kimi no Suki na Hito(Promotion Edit)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users