Happy birthday, Maimiii!
#矢島舞美生誕祭 #まいまいみ生誕祭

#14492 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:29 AM

How's her actress career going? Are her stageplays selling?

#14493 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:00 PM

I don't know about sales but, she's doing well enough to keep getting more work:

https://www.sponichi...393518000c.html

Apparently, she'll be playing an actress during the ages of 17-60 and the play will be depicting a virtual world in which reality and fiction cross.

They use the term "tatami matress matrix"... what ever that means! :P

-----------------------

#14494 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:57 AM

Are stage plays (Maimi/Nakky) and variety shows (Okai) really so lucrative in Japan that they could leave the idol career because they didn't want to be moved out of H!P (which seems more like a branding thing than anything)?

#14495 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:37 PM

^
^
I can't find anything about "Tatami Matress" in the article you linked, but they do say "Tsuka-Ban Matrix"

And I don't know precisely what that's supposed to mean, but my best guess is that it's supposed to mean that it's like The Matrix (like, the one with Keanu Reeves) but the version that would have been written by Tsuka Kouhei (https://en.wikipedia...iki/Kōhei_Tsuka)
playing off of a title of a different play that the same playwright (Tsuka) wrote (Tsuka-ban Chushingura)

But it's worth noting that this play was written like 20 years before The Matrix, so it's kind of backwards... but you have to do stuff like that to talk to uninformed folk like me (us?)
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#14496 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:21 PM

Are stage plays (Maimi/Nakky) and variety shows (Okai) really so lucrative in Japan that they could leave the idol career because they didn't want to be moved out of H!P (which seems more like a branding thing than anything)?

In answering the question "Why would an idol group disband while being at the top of their game and popularity?" The only thing I could come up with is burn-out. And it's not what they were doing, because they're all basically doing the same thing (except Mai), it's the pace of what they were doing. It takes a toll on the body, I'm sure. They're all still famous and popular so no matter what they do it seems they are successful.

#14497 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:45 PM

--------------------

^
^
I can't find anything about "Tatami Matress" in the article you linked, but they do say "Tsuka-Ban Matrix"

And I don't know precisely what that's supposed to mean, but my best guess is that it's supposed to mean that it's like The Matrix (like, the one with Keanu Reeves) but the version that would have been written by Tsuka Kouhei (https://en.wikipedia...iki/Kōhei_Tsuka)
playing off of a title of a different play that the same playwright (Tsuka) wrote (Tsuka-ban Chushingura)

But it's worth noting that this play was written like 20 years before The Matrix, so it's kind of backwards... but you have to do stuff like that to talk to uninformed folk like me (us?)

That was a Google Translate gem... so I'm just as stumped to it's meaning. :P

In answering the question "Why would an idol group disband while being at the top of their game and popularity?" The only thing I could come up with is burn-out. And it's not what they were doing, because they're all basically doing the same thing (except Mai), it's the pace of what they were doing. It takes a toll on the body, I'm sure. They're all still famous and popular so no matter what they do it seems they are successful.

There's also the fact that they'd been idols since they were kids and going to school they'd hear about what other "normal" kids were doing in their lives...hanging out, dating, working part-time jobs, etc.

They had to have that curiosity of a what else was out there for them, not to mention growing up and developing interests in other things they were exposed to through their work.

IIRC, they mentioned that they had talks like this among them, and with Mai finally becoming an adult, they probably felt it was the perfect time to do so.

#14498 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:07 AM

It's not like they were working everyday. They had plenty of free time especially when not on tour, so I wonder what kind of burn out is there. They're still celebrities, as "normal" as they can get from idol life. I'm wondering if it's a $200,000 a year to $60,000 a year career change, or something less egregious. I think of Mai - are people actually buying her fashion label? Chisa seems to be a fit for variety. The two girls in stage plays, I wonder how they're doing. Airi could probably retire or marry a baseball (via Satoda) or football (via Mano) players.

#14499 Sa-Mantha

Sa-Mantha

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 496 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:16 AM

It's not like they were working everyday. They had plenty of free time especially when not on tour, so I wonder what kind of burn out is there.

I think you are under estimating how busy the girls were, a quick look at any year shows they were working pretty much back to back days. I quickly did up some known dates from back in 2015 and placed it under the spoiler cut - it shows that even without digging up every event the girls schedule was packed full for the most part.

I choose to look at the year 2015 and not 2017 cause once they announced their disbandment they went into crazy mood with packing their remaining days with events. Plus anything before 2015 would put the members in Highschool/Middle-School as Mai graduated in April 2014.

Spoiler

I don't remember off the top of my head 100% but I thought a Hello! Project member once said that they are given two weeks off total each year?

Edited by Sa-Mantha, 19 February 2019 - 02:45 PM.

#14500 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:53 AM

^  Great work Sa-Mantha!  Yes, as you mentioned already:  those were just the "main events" without all the rehearsal times, planning meetings, Nacky's recording her radio show, and so much more we never heard about.  I also see how there were many weeks/ months were they had overlapping concert schedules.  That is so demanding, it is almost impossible.  How could they perform two or three different set lists, back and forth, where every second is timed and hardly ever miss a beat?   The more I learn about them, the more I marvel at just how talented they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users