• Please log in to reply
14607 replies to this topic

#21 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:13 AM

I read somewhere that Maimi replaced some girl named Murakami in leadership... Am I wrong?

She took over Megumi's role as the co-host of their radio show Cutie party.

For those who are new to Maimi, you should also know that Maimi is just not another pretty girl. This girl is also an athelete. Shes probably the fastest sprinter in H!P. In long distance run she comes second after Konno Asami. Probably explains why shes got a good figure and nice legs :wub: You'd be surprise to know that shes also a tomboy. Watch her audition if you find it hard to believe <3 So its no wonder shes the leader, this pretty girl, you don't wanna mess with her coz she'll probably beat the stuffing out of you XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#22 gooztrie

gooztrie

semihiatus

• Validating
  • 605 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:30 AM

Ahhh ... zam-san that's right ... it looks like we forgetting her sport skill ... my favorite MVP. <3 XD :wub:

Posted Image

#23 ErikaUmedaFan

ErikaUmedaFan

Super G.E.M Supporter

• Senpai
  • 4709 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:07 PM

Ahhh ... zam-san that's right ... it looks like we forgetting her sport skill ... my favorite MVP. :lol: :lol: ^_^

She is my favorite MVP too. Actually she is my favorite to watch at the Sports Festivals besides Yossi. She even beats Erika in that category. Ahh but one thing I didn't know is she came behind Konno in long distance O_o Konno doesnt seem like a runner. On the other hand Maimi looks born to run and dance and kick and throw :-P

Posted Image

Erika's fan forever and ever

#24 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:31 PM

You'd be surprise to know that shes also a tomboy. Watch her audition if you find it hard to believe :lol: So its no wonder shes the leader, this pretty girl, you don't wanna mess with her coz she'll probably beat the stuffing out of you :lol:

Most of her fans would rather to have her as their domination dungeon mistress i.e. she mess with them ^_^

#25 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:07 PM

AFLAC!!

Posted Image

#26 °Chrisron

°Chrisron

岡井千聖のオタク

• Senpai
  • 3449 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

^Heh, with a fish on her forehead.

#27 differentstory12

differentstory12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1648 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:24 PM

Wow so many new threads! But yay for a Maimi thread! :)

I've always liked Maimi, I started liking H!P last year, and as I was catching up to what is Hello! Project, I saw the performance of "Ishouha Renoir no Youni" with Yossie, Yurina, Erika M., and Maimi and then watched some C-ute videos, and yep she became my favorite from C-ute along with Erika. I really love how she sings too :blush:

Aww LOL thanks calmersac, I've never seen that before.
Posted Image

#28 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:31 AM

AFLAC!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpC78u4Ofi8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpC78u4Ofi8</a>

Who is that girl at the end - the that rip the beard off the duck.. ? Oh and that CM don't make sense, what was the product? :angry: <_<

She is my favorite MVP too. Actually she is my favorite to watch at the Sports Festivals besides Yossi. She even beats Erika in that category. Ahh but one thing I didn't know is she came behind Konno in long distance O_o Konno doesnt seem like a runner. On the other hand Maimi looks born to run and dance and kick and throw :-P

Konno is the only one that could challenge Yajima on the track events. Konno's specialty is long distance running but Yajima is better at sprints.. shes got this huge burst of power for short distances.
This are screen caps from the 2006 sports festival. The 100m sprint. I've labeled Maimi, Miki and Goto.
Posted Image
Just look at how fast Maimi moves from the start. Shes already over taking Goto in the first 10 sec.
Posted Image
This is a nice shot of the girls. Actually I did this screen caps for Miki's thread thats why Miki is in the focus ^^;.
Posted Image
Maimi takes lead, Goto 2nd and Miki 3rd.
Posted Image
Maimi finishes way ahead of Miki and Goto! I just caught Maimi flash pass the camera at maximum speed. Miki took 2nd from Goto at the end :w00t:
Posted Image

BTW.. what does MVP stands for?

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#29 ErikaUmedaFan

ErikaUmedaFan

Super G.E.M Supporter

• Senpai
  • 4709 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:15 AM

Oh thanks for the Screencaps ^^; She DOMINATES!! (Still cant believe Konno runs :-P)

MVP= MOST VALUABLE PLAYER XD (i think) Which Maimi SO is!

Posted Image

Erika's fan forever and ever

#30 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:43 AM

Oh thats MVP.. thx :good:
When I'm free I'll get some screen caps of Konno vs Maimi 1500m event :D by far thats my fav from the sports festival.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#31 Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo

州´・ v ・)

• Senpai
  • 1480 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:00 AM

Screen caps don't capture how dominant Maimi was at that race. Best to watch it in action.
<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=72R6DyJ5bws" target="_blank">http://youtube.com/watch?v=72R6DyJ5bws</a>

Also regarding aflac, they sell life insurance. The duck is suppose to be Urashima Taro. Best way to describe him would be the Japanese version of Rip Van Winkle.

#32 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:09 AM

Screen caps don't capture how dominant Maimi was at that race. Best to watch it in action.

Also regarding aflac, they sell life insurance. The duck is suppose to be Urashima Taro. Best way to describe him would be the Japanese version of Rip Van Winkle.

I said it a million years ago in the C-ute thread... but I'm a C-ute fan now (in general) but the root cause is Yajima's amazing athletic performance during the sport's festival, combined with her nose-crinkling smile. I was like, "Wait, who's that?" and then pretty much wanted to cheer for her in everything she did. Let me just say, I was all sorts of happy watching the 1500, because Konno was easily my #1 MoMusu member, and this other (amazing!) girl was the only person who was like... on the same lap as Konno!

Urashima Taro is Rip Van Winkle and Pandora, and the Portrait of Dorian Gray at the same time... sorta. But Japanese :lol:
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#33 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:59 AM

^@Ryo: thanks for that Maimi 100m clip. I never saw that version b4. I've seen the Miki version only. Maimi's version is beter as they got the angle shot from above which clearly shows how Maimi accelarated to pass Goto.. SUGOI speedo!!!

I said it a million years ago in the C-ute thread

^ wow Greyface you're old dude.. :) j/k XD

I can't find a vid clip that shows only the 1500m Konno-Maimi race... this is the closes I can find:
Konno's Sport Festival 2006 OPV
It does show shots of Konno in the 1500m chased by Maimi about 15-20m behind Konno. Maimi's mistake was letting Konno take the lead and tried to conserve her stamina. I guess Maimi doesn't know Konno is a long distance runner. On the last lap Maimi sprinted but couldn't catch up to Konno who has too much of a lead. The best part was when Konno realise Maimi was picking up speed and Konno too started to speed up.. I had this great feeling inside seeing Konno and Maimi lapping everyone else until the finish ;)

Sorry for posting Konno stuff here but Maimi and Konno share a unique relationship when it comes to the Sport Festival... here is Konno's 100m just to show you how sluggish Konno is at the start - and Kanna is pretty fast herself. Compared to Maimi's start, Maimi would have left Konno in the dust :D

Since we are talking about the 100m event, I have posted the following in the C-ute thread and now I'd like to share ti in Maimi's thread.
==============
Heres a bunch of clips from the 2006 Sports Festival for the 100m track event with C-ute members participating.
(Note: each race has 5 runners)
Airi's 100m - result: 2nd
Saki's 100m - result: 4th
Maimi's 100m - result: 1st
Mai's 100m - result: 2nd
Erika's 100m - result: 3rd
Megumi's 100m - result: 1st
Kanna's 100m - result: 1st

Anyone can confirm that Chisato didn't take part in the 100m coz I can't find her in any of the heats (altogether I can find 9 heats only).

Out of all the C-ute members Maimi's race was the best. On the whole Maimi's, Kanna's and Megumi's race was definate victories as they left their opponents far behind! :lol:
And out of all the 9 heats, Maimi's is the best ^^; Looks to me she was the fastest overall... tho they didn't tell the time. Just by looking I think you can tell that she was super fast and no one in the other heats came close to her speed.

I'm not sure if they had a race for the heat winners coz I can't find any.

From this results as you can see C-ute conquered this event!!! 3-1st, 2-2nd and 1-3rd XD XD XD XD YES!!!
(I've gone thru the whole heat - none of the other units has this many wins for this event - Momusu had 2-1st I think)

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#34 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:47 PM

I said it a million years ago in the C-ute thread

^ wow Greyface you're old dude.. :( j/k ;)

Yeah, the thread is older than you thought too!

Maimi's mistake was letting Konno take the lead and tried to conserve her stamina. I guess Maimi doesn't know Konno is a long distance runner. On the last lap Maimi sprinted but couldn't catch up to Konno who has too much of a lead. The best part was when Konno realise Maimi was picking up speed and Konno too started to speed up.. I had this great feeling inside seeing Konno and Maimi lapping everyone else until the finish x_x

I'm not sure that counts as a "mistake." I think it's much more of a... 仕方ない sort of situation... Which is to say, Yajima couldn't hold Konno's pace if she had wanted to. A mile is only a sustainable kick to marathon-runners. The fact that Yajima had a kick to give at the end is not a sign that she was holding back strategically, it's just how running a mile works! Once you settle into your pace you have your second wind (the feeling of "wow, this is hard work" falls away) and you run at your pace until the last lap, and then you kick (it feels like hard work again). If your pace doesn't settle in the middle, you're a machine, or you die. :(
Sorry for the digression into running theory... but my point is, it wasn't that Yajima made a mistake, it was just that Konno is a really good distance runner. Anybody who knows Konno knows she loves to eat. Yet she is not, and never has been overweight. Coincidence? No! Everytime she felt like she over-ate, she'd go running... and as she loves to eat... you can guess that she spent a lot of time running... ^^;
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#35 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:41 PM

@zam

its aflac insurance. AFLAC!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aflac
Posted Image

#36 Billie Poynter

Billie Poynter

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:47 PM

Is the whole thing on the tracker somewhere?

#37 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:10 PM

nooooo!!! stage6 took maimis solo sports fest video down!! :huh:

edit..

maimi went easy on asami that year. shes alot faster than we think she is. she even beat the whole flash family once! :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Ines

Ines

RxR

• Senpai
  • 845 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:35 AM

^LOL that's a pretty hilarious cap. Maimi's such a hard worker in practically everything she does, gotta love that. <3

Posted Image

#39 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:13 AM

maimi went easy on asami that year. shes alot faster than we think she is. she even beat the whole flash family once! XD
http://i60.photobuck...aimivsflash.jpg

ROFL!!! ^^; HAHAHAHA... thats a good one <3 :wub: ^^;

@zam
its aflac insurance. AFLAC!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aflac

I tot the duck was cursing XD HAHAHAHA.. Now I realise it was saying AFLAC XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#40 °Chrisron

°Chrisron

岡井千聖のオタク

• Senpai
  • 3449 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:50 AM

maimi went easy on asami that year. shes alot faster than we think she is. she even beat the whole flash family once! :P

Posted Image

Heh, I like that you even included the golden age Flash. Does this mean that Maimi can run on water?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users