#6561 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

Thank you the translation suki beam :good:

@Draude: thank you for your effort too.

Around September, I finally came to a decision.

It was probably 9/10. Erika went to the C-ute Day concert and Kanna was cheering her on. I didn't give much attention to it but now it all make sense. Looking forward to Erika's return.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#6562 Crazed Lurker

Crazed Lurker

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 520 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

Erika should have never left C-ute.  :(

Though I'm very happy she's gonna try a comeback as a singer.  :good:

#6563 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I wish her all the luck,she can never escape singing, welcome back.

5ydydu.jpg

Avatar and signature created by ByuTaeReinA, Thank you very much.

3DS XL : 3282-5026-1667- Draude12 - Playing POKEMON X

#6564 kacanghijau

kacanghijau

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 444 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

^^^ Sure, I'll give it a go.

This got a bit lengthy, but it would make me happy if you read it.

The path I chose when I graduated from C-ute was to try modeling.

They say when jumping into a new environment that you have to start from 1, and I had worries and struggles.

Like when I had to bring my own materials for my debut, or going on auditions, doing those sorts of things for the first time, and there were periods where I was shocked at how smoothly things were going...

Even so, during those times, I'd go by myself to an audition, give it my best, and have my work decided, and it all came with an amazing sense of accomplishment and feeling like it was all worth it.

I was recalling how during my time as an idol, I would ordinarily have work everyday - that is, I wasn't having to go out there and find work for myself - and there were things I didn't realize, such as the many people who worked hard at managing it on our behalf. As I found and did jobs on my own, little by little, I came to realize how incredibly difficult it is.

I've come to be grateful for the many things I learned from my experience made possible by modeling and the daily tasks I had, and I really feel it was a good experience.

And now we come to the real subject.

I entered this year running into a really big sort of barrier.

That is, as far as the work I would do as a model, I came to realize the one thing that was the most fun above all else was doing a show.

When I would be walking on the runway and always listening to the cheers, it stirred some feelings within me.

That is, I was remembering the time I was performing music.

Every time I would walk the runway, I'd want to do music once more - wanting to sing and dance before all the fans again.

You see, these thoughts gradually became stronger.

It's not that I had some way to go before I had achievements as a model, nor that I gave up on it, and yet I felt like I should not be saying that I want to do music again, so for a long time days were passing without my telling the people around me about it.

It was quite difficult.

The worry continued for months until it rapidly became too much, when one day in May a close friend since high school abruptly said to me "Don't you do music anymore? I want to see you up there once again singing and dancing!! I also like the Erika who models, but the times we would discuss music and go to karaoke together were super fun and you seemed to sparkle!!"

It might not have been an ordinary conversation, but for me those few words were quite important.

More than ever, I was condisering those things of the past occuring again in the near future...

That is...

I want to stand again on the stage sincging and dancing and see everyone's smiling faces! If there are fans who have been waiting for this, I want to live up to your expectations! You only go through this world once, not knowing if it may be a long time or short, and you never know what may happen at any given time or when you may lose your way a little, but I definitely want to be in front of everyone singing and dancing soon!

With that in mind, I immediately contacted my manager at the office.

We set up a time to meet face to face, and until I told them all of my decisions I didn't reveal my thoughts to anyone else.

I, Umeda Erika, decided to restart my activity with music.

After this she talks about a new haircut to go with her new path, as well as her new official site and the live performance that's mentioned above.

Thank you very much :good:

I'm not sure if Erika can be successful as a soloist but i hope all the best for her. Actually i wish she can joined c-ute back but i know that will be impossible.

f3357a13-ca1e-4771-9f57-26bc97ff8ed3_zps

#6565 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Oh dear lord. REJOICE. HALLELUJAH. PRAISE THE LORD.

My oshi has returned!  :sob:

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#6566 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

Tried looking on youtube for the Tension Ageko song by Erika but I coudn't find any :(
Erika rocked that song. Loved it.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#6567 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3175 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

No problem, yall :good:  I know translators in the forums are few, and most stick to current members' blog translations, so I didn't mind a special case!

When I started to actually get into the Kids, she always caught my eye. So, it's nice to see her coming back to music and I can't wait to see where it takes her :)

#6568 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

If Erika had stayed, I imagined management would have promoted her like they did Momo. Erika was brilliant when it comes to talking. She would have been a good variety personality. Shes naturally funny too.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#6569 D-Airi

D-Airi

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 558 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

Welcome back Erika. I like all of c-ute's former member's voice, including her, so I'm glad she's back into singing. I also hope she will be given badass song to explore her voice even more. I really wish her all the best in both modelling and singing. But I would never expect her to comeback to C-ute, although a joint concert or live event or even only TV appearance between two would be great.

Also, kinda looking forward to the setlist of her first ever solo live event. Wondering will she do covering of some C-ute's song since she hasn't had original song to begin with?

#6570 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'm also curious about her solo live event, Can she be allowed to sing those C-ute song since she's already graduated?

5ydydu.jpg

#6571 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

^If Sasshi can do Yeah Meccha Holiday, then anything is possible XD

I'm sure if she wanted to, it would just be a matter of negotiation between agencies. After all, she didn't leave on bad terms anyway. She's the only member of C-ute to have an official graduation :P

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#6572 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Well if that's gonna happen that's good news.

5ydydu.jpg

#6573 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

Erika uploaded a video to announce her comeback.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#6574 PCC

PCC

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 921 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:48 AM

Thank you the translation suki beam :good:

@Draude: thank you for your effort too.

It was probably 9/10. Erika went to the C-ute Day concert and Kanna was cheering her on. I didn't give much attention to it but now it all make sense. Looking forward to Erika's return.

i'm quite she failed as a model, at least that's the impression i got. she is/was tall and had a more unique look than kusumi koharu. what went wrong? her complexion was too dark for japanese fashion?

b011567e5ed5fe01d20f62129749e1834524bc7.

#6575 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

Yeah, her modeling career never really took off. I would see Koha all over the place, but I never really saw any big shoots from Erika. I guess it's just not where she's meant to be :)

I always thought she had an adorable voice, so I'm really excited to see how this turns out. 

You don't know HOW excited I am for this. Erika was my obsession when C-ute first started. Her lines in Massara were like... just.... :wub: Everyone was always gushing over Airi and Megumi, but I was all about Erika.

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#6576 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

Firstly, Koha is more famous than Erika. Which got Koha to sign up with a big modelling company. Koha got tons of magazine work but Erika was doing more run-way jobs than Koha. Erika's success with modeling depends on which way you look at it.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#6577 TommyKupo

TommyKupo

Borneo-san

• Senpai
  • 1557 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

This is interesting, I'm looking forward for this. :good:

J7ElkW0.jpg

#6578 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

If it means no more wearing makeup that makes her looks much older than her actual age, I welcome her comeback to music.

#6579 kacanghijau

kacanghijau

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

Erika do look aged a bit in the video. And what is between her teeth? Yeah i do agree her modelling career is not as successful as koha but not a failure too. So this time she entering the music as an artist or more to idol?

f3357a13-ca1e-4771-9f57-26bc97ff8ed3_zps

#6580 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

Atleast Erika didn't change her looks drastically like Koha did. When Koha corrected her teeth her looks changed so much I nearly didn't recognize her ^^;

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users