• Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

#21 silenceglaive

silenceglaive

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 613 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:48 PM

Hmn, so in principle it's selling 2 times nearly the same "good" to get more revenue.
The rivaly part is also helping there. But I wonder if he will get some more Momusu members soon since this would be necessary too...

#22 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:22 AM

They are 4 parties involved with NGP, we do not know how many percent UFG has in this. I see this as Tsunku's next move at gaining independence from UFA. Last year it was TNX now NGP. He is moving his pieces into place but no one would know when he will do a checkmate.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#23 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:22 AM

Based on Tsunku's comments, one of the motivations behind the new project is to develop competition for Morning Musume (and Hello! Project in general). He feels that things will be more interesting if there are rival idol units, and he hopes that the competition will help the groups to improve.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Competition for Morning Musume?

Morning Musume has Koharu-chan. Game over. The "competition" loses.

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#24 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:22 AM

^If you studied the history of Hello!Project and Morning Musume you would know that "competition" or "challenge" is what they are all about. Morning Musume was formed becoz Tsunku challenged the original 5 to a competition. The Hello!Project shuffles units were formed with the aim of competition of who will sell the most singles. Before the shuffle units they have the sub-units, tho it wasn't officially said they would be competiting, Yuuko always planted the spirit of competition among the members.

Hate to burst your bubble but C-ute just clobbered Morning Musume with their new release. Lets get releastic, just becoz a unit has the "Miracle girl" doesn't mean they are guranteed to be on top. Success only comes with hard work. They need to keep up their fighting edge! Ganbatte Morning Musume!

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#25 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:37 PM

I'm very interesting with this, but I'm still kindly confused. Hell, I love to see some competition between groups.

#26 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:25 PM

Being an avid fan of both H!P and AKB48, I really never saw them as rivals, and it's a relief to know that Tsunku never did either. I like the idea of setting up some competition for Morning Musume, as Berryz and C-ute both feel like little-sister groups, while V-u-den, Ongaku Gatas, and Melon Kinenbi feel like "friend of" groups or older sisters or something of the sort. . . I guess I'm one of the few here that actually think that "NICE GIRL Project" is actually a good idea. I'd love to see some friendly competition, and the thought of a Tsunku-copy is just too cool. :lol: I think it'd be great to see a new group for Morning Musume to compete with, and I'm really looking forward to their launch.

XD Keep it up, Tsunku!
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#27 hitoshi-desu

hitoshi-desu

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:00 PM

not bad.. the girls got akb48 feel.. lol.. it shud b good.. looking forward to it... btw,i hav a question bout the DOB.. wats wit the H1, H2,n H3? wat year does it mean?

Posted Image

#28 whale

whale

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:46 PM

I like the idea of setting up some competition for Morning Musume, as Berryz and C-ute both feel like little-sister groups, while V-u-den, Ongaku Gatas, and Melon Kinenbi feel like "friend of" groups or older sisters or something of the sort. . .

I always feel like Berryz and C-ute are like sister groups too.
Like how Country and Coconuts were (albeit the later was not even close to the Momusu successs)
The idea sounds nice but I hope Tsunku puts effort into every artist.
A lot of TNX people haven't had much exposure.
ie. JiaJia, Sebas Champ members (is this a boyband?), Piichi (shes new though)

#29 Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo

州´・ v ・)

• Senpai
  • 1480 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:27 PM

not bad.. the girls got akb48 feel.. lol.. it shud b good.. looking forward to it... btw,i hav a question bout the DOB.. wats wit the H1, H2,n H3? wat year does it mean?

The H stands for Heisei, the era which Akihito (the current emperor) reigns. This era started in 1989 so H1 (Heisei 1) would be 1989, H2 would be 1990, and so on.

#30 えウィン

えウィン

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:37 AM

Hate to burst your bubble but C-ute just clobbered Morning Musume with their new release. Lets get releastic, just becoz a unit has the "Miracle girl" doesn't mean they are guranteed to be on top. Success only comes with hard work. They need to keep up their fighting edge! Ganbatte Morning Musume!

Sorry but I don't follow C-ute's sales number, but could you explain what you mean by "clobber".
Did they beat MM in first day sales, first week sales, or ?
Just curious =)

#31 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:24 AM

Sorry but I don't follow C-ute's sales number, but could you explain what you mean by "clobber".
Did they beat MM in first day sales, first week sales, or ?
Just curious =)

They didn't, so I also don't understand what the hell you're talking about. Are you saying that YOU personally like Cute's new song better than MM's stuff?

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#32 hitoshi-desu

hitoshi-desu

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:43 AM

The H stands for Heisei, the era which Akihito (the current emperor) reigns. This era started in 1989 so H1 (Heisei 1) would be 1989, H2 would be 1990, and so on.

ohh. thx.. so all of them are 20 below... 18 eldest.. @_@ heehee... really looking forward to it...heehee..

Posted Image

#33 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:13 AM

@aewen, celestia414
Mayb I was not clear - I was trying to stress the point that just be'coz Koharu is in Momusu it doesn't gurantee a sure win.

And about C-ute doing better than Momusu, I was just quoting what I have read on C'ute's thread. On their 1st day C-ute did better than the other more established unit. If I was wrong I apologize.

Currently, I like C-ute's new releases better than any Momusu releases so far for this year.
For this year my fav. list includes:
1) Yuuko's Donnah-sama
2) C-ute's Meguru Koi no Kisetsu

C-ute was at #3 again today (looking like a very likely weekly no.3 at this point I'd suspect) ... sales today approx 3150 and a total of 20850ish. They'll likely get their best 1st week sales, only need about 2000 more copies sold, and with the two performances tonight, hopefully they'll get even more :whistle:

I just saw ampedechoz posted some very detailed info at the Jpopmusic forums:

C-ute's 3rd single on the 3rd day on Oricon charts, still @ #3:

*1,796 (x1.75) = 3,143

12,682 + 5028 + 3,143 = 20,853

オリコン シングル・デイリー 10/19更新
*1位 関ジャニ∞ *10,675
*2位 リュ・シゥオン *2,812
*3位 ℃-ute *1,796

-- *3 *6 10 12 17 25  *5 *23,827 07/02/21(水) ℃-ute「桜チラリ」
-- *2 *4 *6 *2 11 16  *5 *23,810 07/07/11(水) ℃-ute「めぐる恋の季節」
-- *3 *3 *3 -- -- --  ** ***,*** 07/10/17(水) ℃-ute「都会っ子 純情」

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#34 reyfer

reyfer

Forever grateful for having Sayumi and Morning Musume in my life

• Senpai
  • 3708 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:44 PM

Okay, I really have to say thiis:

@Zam, you are wrong, VERY wrong. On first day, as you put it, C-ute's new single sold 12,682 copies, making #3 on the charts. On first day, MM's 34th single (the latest released one) Onna ni Sachii Are sold almost 22,000 copies making #1 on the charts. On the first three days, C-ute's single barely sold what MM's single sold on the first day alone. Now explain to me, how does that amount to C-ute "clobbering" MM?
Posted Image

#35 Ripusu-Sama

Ripusu-Sama

Charles! Bad boy!

• Senpai
  • 1096 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:00 PM

@Zam, you are wrong, VERY wrong. On first day, as you put it, C-ute's new single sold 12,682 copies, making #3 on the charts. On first day, MM's 34th single (the latest released one) Onna ni Sachii Are sold almost 22,000 copies making #1 on the charts. On the first three days, C-ute's single barely sold what MM's single sold on the first day alone. Now explain to me, how does that amount to C-ute "clobbering" MM?

Exactly... glad someone pointed it out.

==================================

This whole talk about competition is unrealistic... and some of you are just making uneducated posts (like Koharu is the secret weapon o.O suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure)

listen a pop star is only as good as their advertisement, production and their fans. A newby group that just kicked in (Nice Girl) isn't going to be much competition for a well established 10 year old group that's had it's up and downs but never fails from getting up. MM has something that NG doesn't and that's experience. Experience to sales... fans... songs... performance... and adaptability. They are the top selling act of H!P that's why at every concert they're in they are always the last to get off stage.

Personally for all of you who know how the entertainment industry tends to work you'll realize a couple of things. He's doing this to bring more attention to NG... the more people that notice the more sales they'll have and ultimatly the more money tsunku has :whistle:. This is not about competition or whether he's going to abandon MM (which he won't and even if he stops making the music he'll always be supervising) this is about the money.

I have agree with those comparing NG as competition to AKB48. Now Why can't tsunku say that... well... he doesn't own AKB48 so it would be rude now wouldn't?
Top 5 H!P Members in my list: 1: Ogawa Makoto 2: Nakazawa Yuko 3: Ishikawa Rika 4: Niigaki Risa 5: Michishige Sayumi
I'M NOW AN OFFICIAL SAYU BLOG ADDICT
Generations come and go but GOKKIES are for ever
Risa Niigaki: The only one that truly embodies Morning Musume
Best Uta Doki! clicky
Favorite Sempais from H!O: Himalia, Celedam, FumikoH, Demanding More Makoto

#36 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:13 PM

Maybe next year Tsunku will introduce the Naughty Girl Project. Then the Nice Girl Project and the Naughty Girl Project could compete with each other.

ym.jpg

#37 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:10 AM

I appologize for the mistake.. Sorry ^^;

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#38 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:25 AM

Maybe next year Tsunku will introduce the Naughty Girl Project. Then the Nice Girl Project and the Naughty Girl Project could compete with each other.

Now that would be pretty funny. Bet the Naughty Girls win.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#39 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:22 AM

Er Tsunku made a statement where he said every year there will be H!P and NGP collaboration concerts!!
Also that each NGP group will have their own concert and that twice a year NGP will have their own concert(like the big H!P ones)
SO dun worry, we'll still see the possible and all our fav H!P groups in concerts together.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#40 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:50 PM

Since it's been verified by reyfer that C-ute did NOT clobber Morning Musume with their new release, it's safe to emphatically state that the Miracle Girl does indeed guarentee that Morning Musume will remain on top. :lol:

ym.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users