• Please log in to reply
4317 replies to this topic

#4301 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

^Yeah, she impressed me a lot. And for some reason with her look in All night MV she lookef a bit like Hanna Montana, but more beatiful XD

Morning Musume'19

#4302 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1195 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

Seems like Sooyoung, Seohyun, and Tiffany are not renewing their contracts with SM

#4303 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

There were already talks about Tiffany going abroad, but Sooyoung and Seohyun is a bit random and it's quite funny considering they were given roles because of their agency. I mean the girls are amazing, but not the best of actors.

I lost interest when Jessica left, now and again I would check on their releases, I do like All Night, but it was a flop of a 10th anniversary and they were not given the special treatment they deserved after so long. It will definitely not be the same, but good luck to them all.

#4304 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

We all saw it coming sooner or later, but it's still shocking to see it actually happening...

g8aHT2F.gif

#4305 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:43 AM

There were already talks about Tiffany going abroad, but Sooyoung and Seohyun is a bit random and it's quite funny considering they were given roles because of their agency. I mean the girls are amazing, but not the best of actors.

I lost interest when Jessica left, now and again I would check on their releases, I do like All Night, but it was a flop of a 10th anniversary and they were not given the special treatment they deserved after so long. It will definitely not be the same, but good luck to them all.

Sorry but, SM is the reason why Seohyun missed out on playing the female leads in both Architecture 101 and Train to Busan, both films that became hits in Korea. They frequently wouldn't allow her to take on acting roles for drama's and films who scouted her, and the ones that she did start in were ones she went out and got herself. She got the least CM deals and Magazine shoots out of all the members, barely appeared on TV, and only released 2 OST's for drama's despite being one of SNSD's best vocalists. When she finally got her solo debut, SM didn't so sh*t for her, cut her promotion time in half, and pretty much allowed for the debut to be swept under the rug. Many times she has voiced her discontent at the way SM treats her, and SM members themselves have mentioned it (well, those brave enough to do so, namely Heechul, Jonghyun, Kyuhyun and Changmin). It's not a random decision at all. 

Sooyoung, well, since debut SM has never given Sooyoung the time of day and out of all the 9 members, she and Seohyun were the two who I 100% thought would be the first to leave, so i'm not surprised she did. Hyoyeon would have been included on that list too but SM started to give a damn about her around the time SM The Performance was created, and have done so ever since, so i'm not surprised she decided to stay. 

Honestly though, none of this is surprising. We kinda already knew who would be the ones to go. Sunny's family are tied to the company so it wouldn't be her. Yoona is the leading face of SM so it wouldn't be her. Taeyeon as a soloist is a huge money maker for SM so she's out of the question. Yuri and Hyoyeon don't get much from SM but they get more than Seohyun and Sooyoung so there's that. Tiffany pretty much looked done from the moment Jessica left, so she wasn't a surprise either. 

I would rather the group disband as 8 members than go the T-ARA route and try to continue with half their members gone, but alas, SM don't want their biggest girl group to die. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#4306 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:12 AM

Oh that was interesting to read, I always thought Seo didn't have it as bad (but I only follow the PVs basically and some info here and there). Some in omona were wondering if her acting career would go anywhere if she isn't tied with SNSD and cause it seems she was pretty bad at it.

Was Tiffany especially close to Jessica or anything, for her to looked done after she left?

I feel like such a newb asking like this but I'm interested. Also if you don't mind telling me what Kyuhyun said against SM? 

I was surprised about this, I thought they all wanted to continue even without Jessica. But if they were under contract maybe they just had to continue?

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#4307 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

Oh that was interesting to read, I always thought Seo didn't have it as bad (but I only follow the PVs basically and some info here and there). Some in omona were wondering if her acting career would go anywhere if she isn't tied with SNSD and cause it seems she was pretty bad at it.

Was Tiffany especially close to Jessica or anything, for her to looked done after she left?

I feel like such a newb asking like this but I'm interested. Also if you don't mind telling me what Kyuhyun said against SM? 

I was surprised about this, I thought they all wanted to continue even without Jessica. But if they were under contract maybe they just had to continue?

From what I've read, Tiffany wanted to leave South Korea and try acting opportunities in the States.  I didn't notice that Sica's departure affected her all that much in a professional sense, she was always the cheery, positive type.  But I'm sure it affected her on a personal level.

As far as the contract issue, all of the members' contracts were up this year, Tiffany, Sooyong and Seohyun decided not to renew.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#4308 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:58 AM

Seohyun looked really fed up with SM. She one was of the lead vocalists but I remember her saying she didn't like the company a couple of times.

As for Sooyoung, she was nearly invisible for the longest time... she complained about having really little solos too.

As for the whole Jessica fiasco, it might have affected them on a personal level, but the whole thing was a really nasty move from SM's part, so I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up disliking SM for poor management decisions. It goes for other groups too, in all these years they saw many lawsuits from other members. This is more of a personal view of mine, but they all looked tired afterJessica left... like they really were just going with the group because the contract was still valid.

g8aHT2F.gif

#4309 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:27 AM

I have such a love/hate relationship with SM, although I stan a lot of their artists (SNSD, DBSK, SuJu, f(X), BoA, EXO, Red Velvet) they are responsible for a lot of shady business as well because they have a long history of controversy, with their talent suing them for contract disputes and stuff like that.  So while I realize SM is pretty screwed up, I also would have never been exposed to such great talent.  Dammit SM! :P

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#4310 aira慶一郎

aira慶一郎

TEAM C-ute

• Senpai
  • 1715 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

I have such a love/hate relationship with SM, although I stan a lot of their artists (SNSD, DBSK, SuJu, f(X), BoA, EXO, Red Velvet) they are responsible for a lot of shady business as well because they have a long history of controversy, with their talent suing them for contract disputes and stuff like that.  So while I realize SM is pretty screwed up, I also would have never been exposed to such great talent.  Dammit SM! :P

i think everyone feels that way about sm 

but i want the group to breakup more than it continue wit 5 members 

#4311 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

Sorry but, SM is the reason why Seohyun missed out on playing the female leads in both Architecture 101 and Train to Busan, both films that became hits in Korea. They frequently wouldn't allow her to take on acting roles for drama's and films who scouted her, and the ones that she did start in were ones she went out and got herself. She got the least CM deals and Magazine shoots out of all the members, barely appeared on TV, and only released 2 OST's for drama's despite being one of SNSD's best vocalists. When she finally got her solo debut, SM didn't so sh*t for her, cut her promotion time in half, and pretty much allowed for the debut to be swept under the rug. Many times she has voiced her discontent at the way SM treats her, and SM members themselves have mentioned it (well, those brave enough to do so, namely Heechul, Jonghyun, Kyuhyun and Changmin). It's not a random decision at all. 

Sooyoung, well, since debut SM has never given Sooyoung the time of day and out of all the 9 members, she and Seohyun were the two who I 100% thought would be the first to leave, so i'm not surprised she did. Hyoyeon would have been included on that list too but SM started to give a damn about her around the time SM The Performance was created, and have done so ever since, so i'm not surprised she decided to stay. 

Honestly though, none of this is surprising. We kinda already knew who would be the ones to go. Sunny's family are tied to the company so it wouldn't be her. Yoona is the leading face of SM so it wouldn't be her. Taeyeon as a soloist is a huge money maker for SM so she's out of the question. Yuri and Hyoyeon don't get much from SM but they get more than Seohyun and Sooyoung so there's that. Tiffany pretty much looked done from the moment Jessica left, so she wasn't a surprise either. 

I would rather the group disband as 8 members than go the T-ARA route and try to continue with half their members gone, but alas, SM don't want their biggest girl group to die. 

I get what you mean and right now Amber is in the same boat, she's a bit peed off about not be able to do what she wants. f(x) and her own solo but what I mean to say is compared to all the agencies, SM is THE one.

It's a huge agency with a massive impact on the broadcasting productions, so yeah she didn't get to do some things she wanted but at the same time I feel like some of the roles given to Sooyoung and Seohyun could have been done by actual actresses. I love the girls, but there acting isn't amazing, but kudos for them to try.

Everyone knows of SM and their ill treatment to their employees, they did very wrong wtih SM's 10th anniversary of giving them a mediocre song and with such little promotions.

I agree as well with how they are going about with this, even just go through the B2ST route, find a new agency and change your name.

I'd rather they all stay together....perhaps we may even see Tiffany with Jessica??? (wishful thinking)

#4312 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

I've been following Girls Generation for years and ever since Jessica left I always worried for the group and I think they did so very well after Jessica's departure but then suddenly Taeyeon and Tiffany got solos and then from there I wondered about the future of the group. I always wondered if the members all started to think about their solo endeavors and projects. After seeing the line up now go down to 5 I do think Girls Generation just want to branch out into their own projects. It's just some of the girls want to work outside of SM for their own reasons and some of the girls till trust the company to manage their careers. I just can't see GG as a 5 member group now.

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#4313 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

Dear Readers,

Well, this is certainly something completely out of the ordinary, since we mainly deal with Hello!Project related content.

But this compilation was initiated around the peak of my interest in Girls' Generation, so I thought it'd be an amazing project to tackle and release.

This was started back in 2012 with Chibusasa doing translations and myself doing the timing and then only recently completed by our amazing Tomo-chan!
Big kudos to her for keeping this one a secret from me until completion.
She completed this as a special gift to me for my B-day and I'm just overjoyed!

We may take time to finish things, but down the road, they do get completed.

This is the Bluray version of "Girls' Generation Complete Video Collection." Sorry, I only chose to do the MVs and not the alternative versions.
Also these are the Japanese versions only since that's the content we deal with.
Sadly at the time this project was started, I wasn't aware of "Girls’ Generation (SNSD) – The Best [2014] Limited Complete Edition Bluray" which came out two years after this project was initiated.
{Sorry to say, but there are no plans on doing the remainder of their Japanese MVs, as this is just a one-off thing for us}

Anyway, this batch includes the following titles:
-GENIE
-Gee
-Run Devil Run
-Mr. Taxi
-BAD GIRL
-Time Machine
-PAPARAZZI

Hope you all enjoy this wonderful batch, I know with the release we're essentially down to only 5 members remaining in the group.

I wonder if you're able to spot how some of the effects per video were chosen. As I know we went through a few renditions before finalizing things, as I wanted these to turn out to the best that they can. Think my favorite one hands down would be Run Devil Run, as I know I had to ask Tomo-chan to revise some of the effects a few times. Although I do like the special touch that was done for Tiffany's "DJ, put it back on!" in GENIE. ^_^

Enjoy!

PS: Sadly for "PAPARAZZI" there is a video distortion on Taeyeon for one of the scenes, couldn't do much about it as the source we worked off of had it as well.

Staff:
Translator: Chibusasa
Timer: SacredCultivator
Typesetter: Tomo-chan
Encoder: SacredCultivator
QC: SacredCultivator

Direct Download:
MEGA Download

Torrents:
Nyaa.si
JPopSuki

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#4314 Chibishi

Chibishi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

3 members not renewing their contract with SM means they leave SNSD too right? I remember before Jessica left most comments said they could never imagine a single member not in the group - how will it be with only 5 members left?  :(  And I loved their comeback singles... If they do continue it really shows SM is only cashing in the last bit of popularity they have as a group.

VM0mgGh.png

My new graphics thread >here<

#4315 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:40 PM

Pretty much... Fans are quite wishy-washy to say... As you mentioned, people couldn't imagine SNSD with any member gone... but then you had the side where they were like, "Good riddance that Jessica left"... and now with 3 more leaving, I'm sure there's a side that says just the same thing. I mean I don't follow them anymore, so I don't know what's going on, but I feel it's probable if Taeyeon leaves, then for the most part SNSD fans will "get over it" and possibly move onto another group. {I merely say this 'cause I think her and Yoona? are "SNSD"? Just my thoughts}

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#4316 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1053 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:37 PM

Bit late but they are killing it as a new "sub group"

#4317 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:55 PM

I love this song!  I wish they promoted it on music shows though, the choreo looks amazing.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#4318 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:36 AM

It's definitely a killer and even with 5 members they topped the charts.

Yuri's also preparing for a solo...should be out soon. This week perhaps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users