• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 JaeCee

JaeCee

All your Risa are belong to JaeCee

• Senpai
  • 1147 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:54 AM

Although I doubt it'd be highly used, I was wondering if Hello!Online had an 'official' irc channel somewhere. If we don't, I might make one on the DeltaAnime irc network (unless someone has a better network idea), since I run a few channels there anyway.

It'd be good for just random chats and set a meeting between members (I heard there was a meeting recently for those wanting to join H!O 2009 trip to Japan). I'll probably just idle in it 24/7. :lol:

Just an idea. Yea or nay ? =o
Posted Image

#2 Iselore

Iselore

^新垣里沙^

• Senpai
  • 641 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:48 AM

they have an official irc channel at EFnet server #hello!online

#3 JaeCee

JaeCee

• Senpai
  • 1147 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:03 AM

Ah, EFnet huh. I searched the forum and found a Dalnet link, which didn't exist. Must've missed the EFnet one ! :)
Posted Image

#4 ^Rino^

^Rino^

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 978 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:49 AM

Can someone explain IRC channels? I have always seen them mentioned, but I have no clue what they are... or how to use them, or find them.

#5 Iselore

Iselore

^新垣里沙^

• Senpai
  • 641 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:00 AM

It's a program where many people can gather in to chat. You can get the latest version at www.mirc.com. Once installed just connect to EFnet server and visit channel #Hello!online.

I see you mentioned you don't know how to find channels, its easy. Have your mIRC maximised, then go the the top left of your screen, theres a "favourites" button, next to the "options" button. Click on the "favourites" button and just type Hello!Online and click join.

#6 ^Rino^

^Rino^

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 978 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

It's a program where many people can gather in to chat. You can get the latest version at www.mirc.com. Once installed just connect to EFnet server and visit channel #Hello!online.

I see you mentioned you don't know how to find channels, its easy. Have your mIRC maximised, then go the the top left of your screen, theres a "favourites" button, next to the "options" button. Click on the "favourites" button and just type Hello!Online and click join.

Thanks so much. I'll be sure to check it out. :)

#7 JaeCee

JaeCee

• Senpai
  • 1147 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:58 AM

IRC is probably one of the most useful things online. XD

I'm sure you've all got msn or some sort of instant messaging. And in those programs, there's like a 'group' chat function. Well irc's basically that, except there's 'rooms' and everyone inside can just chat in it. It can get much more complex than that, but that's the gist of it. :)
Posted Image

#8 cls

cls

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:47 PM

If you're using Firefox you can install the chatzilla add-on. It's an easy to use IRC client. It supports japanese letters if there's need for that.

Posted Image

#9 Whiteshade

Whiteshade

.:Destiny Hacker:.

• Kouhai
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:56 PM

Maybe we should put info about the IRC channel somewhere noticeable? Like a stickie or announcement or something? I'm not sure everyone knows it even exists...right?XD

Edit: I just checked the EFnet server. Don't see the #Hello!online channel anywhere...o_o;
Posted Image
Bringing back the flag.

#10 JaeCee

JaeCee

• Senpai
  • 1147 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:45 PM

Maybe we should put info about the IRC channel somewhere noticeable? Like a stickie or announcement or something? I'm not sure everyone knows it even exists...right? XD

Edit: I just checked the EFnet server. Don't see the #Hello!online channel anywhere...o_o;

Yea I 'searced' for it before I posted it here. It's not on the channels list, you just join it. =o
Posted Image

#11 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:31 AM

server url + port so i can connect via my trillian client plx?
...scratch that i apparently am able to join but i am unable to send or recieve from the channel....
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#12 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

The 3rd Knight of Reina Revolution 07 Elite Moon Knight Brigade

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:02 PM

I found this webbased chat for the #Hello!Online channel. --> http://www.efnet.org/

At the left hand side, at the nickname part, fill in your desired nickname, then at the channel part put in #Hello!Online and click Login... VoilA!! And happy chatting!!
Posted Image
:おつかれいなぁ~(●^ v ^●)

#13 TheBlackTower

TheBlackTower

Reina & Sayu

• Senpai
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:19 AM

oh mirc i go enter tomorrow to see who i found there ahehahea ;P
Posted Image

Thx C-ute4everMaimi for sig and ava :3

#14 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:31 PM

nm i fixed my problem ^^;
just connected to the whole friggin server network instead of focusing on 1 single port :whistle:
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#15 Scramasax

Scramasax

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 714 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:46 AM

Strange... for some reason, I can log into the channel using that web-based system, but not mIRC. I successfully connect, then go to my favorites and select #hello!online and hit join. Maybe I'll try capitalization.

#16 Asp

Asp

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:47 AM

might be a stupid question, but are you connecting to efnet?
By nono:)bbz, thanks!
Posted Image

#17 studioghalbi

studioghalbi

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:25 PM

starting another hello project channel on irc.  but on rizon.net   channel is #h!p

trying to get something going here.  only way a chatroom is going to work is if people understand the concept of idling.  and not quitting or leaving the channel when there is no conversation going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users