• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 atstrbcks

atstrbcks

亀井絵里 Loving you forever~

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:32 PM

I was searching through all the pages for a Hirai Ken thread! I didn't find it so I'm just going to create it now.

I discovered him by watching "Crying Out Love in the Center of the World" because his song Hitomi wo Tojite was the end song. I immediately fell in love with this song XD
Also in the H!M 2004 New Year Special during the into start Ayaya sang his song Ookina Furudokei while being angry. (Which was really cute) :D

One of my favorite songs is Pop Star. The video is pretty weird but I still love it :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:56 PM

i like his songs alot
style, hitomi wo tojite, aika, etc.
but i find his new song Fake Star really cool (dispite the *@&# PV)

his voice is really unique (eventhough recently i got a bit bored of it), but he's just talented and he writes his own songs and stuff

P.S. i really want to see him rap :blush:

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#3 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

Thanks for The Memory, it's been more than beautiful.

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:57 AM

He's really cute :sob:
but my favorite song is still Grandfather's Clock.
He looks really mixed and tall...

I should get more of his music...

-sLaVe4MM

http://sweetkaramel....dex.php?act=idx

Pervy Thinkers Association >>LIFE ~ is just another story~2007/7/27<<>>Finally, I get to write again! Get yo KOREAN NEWS!<< CLICKIE ON THE PICIES! They take you to a new world :]

#4 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:03 AM

then i suggest the new single that was released today, Fake Star, it's really great song that really takes the greatest from his single
also the Pop Star Fake Star Mush up ver. is pretty interesting eventhough the music is rather weird
but the Ken's Swingin' Jazz ver of the song, eventhough it sounds kinda off with the original music of that song, he sure is great for singing those styles~
personally i like him singing song style like Fake Star and Style and other songs like that, eventhough i don't know what that style of songs is called

yea he looks really mixed eventhough he's 100% osaka boy :sob:

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#5 Evening Musuko

Evening Musuko

• Senpai
  • 2403 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:50 AM

I can't believe I didn't come up with this thread earlier! Ken Hirai is an amazing singer. I've been listening to him since around 2000-2001 ish? Back when he came out with his R&B stuff. I got some music from him to share from that time.

Album -The Changing Same (Megaupload link) Great album! IMO this and Gaining Through Losing are his best albums, but I recommend the rest of his albums as well.

Ken Hirai -Taboo (a tip of M-FLO remix) (Megaupload link) Sorry, no Verbal here. But Lisa's and Ken's vocals make this a must listen. Heck, send it to your non-jpop listening friends. I'm sure they'll like it. :santa:

I'll upload some more later.

#6 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:25 PM

wow Hirai Ken's Fake Star live on Music Station

it's just, as if he's another person, of cousre the hand stuff are not as powerful, but still :lol:
and his move and epression at the end was just like :lol: to me

and thanks for your upload Evening Musuko XD

#7 JaeCee

JaeCee

All your Risa are belong to JaeCee

• Senpai
  • 1147 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:41 PM

I was searching through all the pages for a Hirai Ken thread! I didn't find it so I'm just going to create it now.

I discovered him by watching "Crying Out Love in the Center of the World" because his song Hitomi wo Tojite was the end song. I immediately fell in love with this song XD
Also in the H!M 2004 New Year Special during the into start Ayaya sang his song Ookina Furudokei while being angry. (Which was really cute) :lol:

One of my favorite songs is Pop Star. The video is pretty weird but I still love it XD
Posted Image

That gif reminds me of the main bad guy from Heroes, when he first met the dude's dad. Albeit a happier version. Man, forgot all their names. :lol:
Posted Image

#8 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:41 AM

ah. yeah this song is great.

Its also one of the songs for Ouendan 2

#9 JaeCee

JaeCee

All your Risa are belong to JaeCee

• Senpai
  • 1147 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:00 AM

Bump for great justice !

Actually, I just found a stack of Hirai Ken mp3s on my computer and gave them a whirl. He's awesome ! Although I don't think hearing Pop Star first was a good idea, I was like 'huh !?', but I grew to like it. Great thing about him he sings cleanly, and doesn't 'hook' his voice, like most other male Japanese artists that I've heard. If you've heard L'arc or Nightmare, you'd know what I mean.

+1 Hirai fan. ^_^
Posted Image

#10 Ripusu-Sama

Ripusu-Sama

Charles! Bad boy!

• Senpai
  • 1096 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:07 PM

I've been trying to find information on this Hirai Ken, particularly his ethnicity. What's his background? is he japanese? mixed? of something completely different?

about the gif... well it reminds me of the verizon wireless guy "Can you here?"..." Good :wacko:"
Top 5 H!P Members in my list: 1: Ogawa Makoto 2: Nakazawa Yuko 3: Ishikawa Rika 4: Niigaki Risa 5: Michishige Sayumi
I'M NOW AN OFFICIAL SAYU BLOG ADDICT
Generations come and go but GOKKIES are for ever
Risa Niigaki: The only one that truly embodies Morning Musume
Best Uta Doki! clicky
Favorite Sempais from H!O: Himalia, Celedam, FumikoH, Demanding More Makoto

#11 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:47 PM

he's actually Japan, 100% Osaka Boy
thoguh he relaly looks like mix :rolleyes: and his voice is unimaginable where he's from XD

btw for those new to Hirai Ken, u guys might want to check up the Best Album: Uta Baka (i think that's the name) cuz it basically shows how his style changed from his first single up until PopStar

EDIT: imo his best song is Hitomi wo Tojite

#12 Ryoutarou

Ryoutarou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:46 AM

Canvas is like freakin' awesome so I'm uploading this single. :w00t: The other 2 songs are just okay though, lol.

Hirai Ken - Canvas & Kimi wa Su.te.ki

Posted Image

Tracklist

1. Canvas (キャンバス)
2. Kimi wa Su.te.ki (君はス・テ・キ; You're Won.der.ful)
3. Cry & Smile!!
4. Canvas (Piano Version) (キャンバス)
5. Canvas (Instrumental) (キャンバス)
6. Kimi wa Su.te.ki (Instrumental) (君はス・テ・キ; You're Won.der.ful)

Information

Canvas / Kimi wa Su.te.ki♡ is Hirai Ken's 28th single and first double A-side single. It is the lead-in release to Hirai's new album which releases on March 12th 2008. The main song is the ending theme to Fuji TV's Hachimitsu to Clover dorama based in a popular manga. It has been decribed as a pop-ballad and was written and composed by Hirai Ken himself and arranged by Tomita Keichi, just like Ring some years ago. The B-side Cry&Smile!! was used as the Knorr Cup Soup CM song.

Originally two versions of the single were planned for release, a limited edition with a bonus track (DFCL-1400) (presumably Canvas (piano version)) and a regular version (DFCL-1401), both costing ¥1,223; however closer to the release date the regular version was scrapped in favour all copies having the bonus track and being non-limited.

Download

Download from Mediafire

#13 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:00 AM

^thanks!

i think this single is kinda below average personally:

1. Canvas brings no surprises nor outstanding thing for Hirai, instead it is kinda an abstract song
2. Kimi wa Su.te.ki, that was just weird, i didnt enjoy it at all
3. Cry & Smile!!, the one i enjoyed the most from the single, simple but sweet. But still kinda common

its good that after all the weird experiments Hirai had, hes getting back to the older self style now, but too bad they arent outstanding works.

I look forward to the album though :wacko:

EDIT: i think Cry & Smile's melody was wasted by lame lyrics

#14 yoshikix

yoshikix

ちょこっと Love

• Senpai
  • 680 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:38 PM

Hirai Ken has an amazing voice! I really liked "Hitomi o Tojite" and " kiss of life " awesome singles!

Posted Image

"Statistics is like a bikini, what is revealed is suggestive, but what is concealed is vital."

#15 ReiNa.than

ReiNa.than

♥田中れいな♥

• Senpai
  • 1295 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:04 AM

I just listened to the first two tracks on his new album, and it's the first time i've ever heard his music. two songs may not be enough to judge lol, but it is totally NOT what I expected, but so far I enjoy it. REALLY different than I expected!!
Follow me ~@LinkFlames

#16 Evening Musuko

Evening Musuko

• Senpai
  • 2403 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

^ You'll like or love the rest of the songs! Take this from a long-time Hirai fan.

I fixed the TABOO link everyone. Sorry about that. ^_^

#17 Yo Jimbo

Yo Jimbo

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

I have been listening to fakin' pop for a while and just finally got around to see the Kimi wa suteki video. Lol it's an interesting song and I've actually listened to it quite a bit. Rest of the album is great though. Like Upset a whole lot and I've actually know how to sing most of the chorus in Pop Star lol.
Posted Image
Crowds are won and lost and won again but our hearts beat for the diehards

#18 Mr. Akihito

Mr. Akihito

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:15 PM

Yes yes yes i've found it right now :good: Ken hirai's thread XD .
I definitely like his style and voice. And ken is the man which is my favourite one from all over man soloist J-pop XD .
Just want to meet him in Japan. My favourite songs from ken-chan is ,Upset, By my melody, itsuka hanareru higakitemo,heat up and tweenty 3x :lol: .

#19 H!P#1

H!P#1

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

I luv Ken's voice, it reminds me of Robin Thicke. I can't wait til his next album his last 2 singles where great.

#20 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

His new song Kokuhaku is a bit weird! But Hotomi wo Tojite was amazing!

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users