• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#1 Lethal Injection

Lethal Injection

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 879 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

i know the group is disband and they're probally not coming back but i still think the deserve a thread for them selves , and since they didnt alreay i made one :blink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Goodbye Eri, Jun and Lin video <---- clicky :D
NGP is the greatest!!

Posted Image

#2 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:58 PM

I miss the 1st gen...they were so mature-y :blink:

2nd gen was quite good aswell but then it all messed up with the 3rd they went a bit too cutesy.

#3 Comandante Garlix

Comandante Garlix

Hail to the Captain

• Senpai
  • 5049 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:07 PM

Good thread. Tanpopo might be my favorite subgroup.
Second generation was my favorite.

But what a poor decision it was to make Tanpopo into a cute group - whether the song was good or not, it departed too much from the group's image, I think.

Otome Pasta ni Kandou and Koi wo Shichaimashita are my favorite Tanpopo songs. :blink:
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- マーティン・ルーサー・キング・ジュニア

#4 Lethal Injection

Lethal Injection

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 879 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

But what a poor decision it was to make Tanpopo into a cute group - whether the song was good or not, it departed too much from the group's image, I think.

Otome Pasta ni Kandou and Koi wo Shichaimashita are my favorite Tanpopo songs. :blink:

thnx ^^; tanpopo is my fav. sub-group
and i would have to say 1st gen was my fav

i totally agree it was a really bad decision to go from a mature group to another childish group , no offence to tanpopo

Tanpopo , Seinaru Kane ga Hibiku Yoru , and Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru would have to be my fav. songs

NGP is the greatest!!

Posted Image

#5 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:39 PM

I bet you can guess which gen is my favorite. :3

Koi wo Shichaimashita is just great. :blink: One of my my favorite h!p songs and PVs.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#6 Haro!Projektu

Haro!Projektu

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

as the generations went by, Tanpopo
became more and more cutsey.
I Love Tanpopo!
!Sig size must be 600 x 150!

#7 Curious Nono

Curious Nono

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

Hear hear!
Tanpopo was an amazing subgroup. I loved them best, though in the "Oujisama To Yuki No Yoru" days. :blink:

#8 mangomalte

mangomalte

"blame" invis for that ^

• Senpai
  • 3574 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

Otome Pasta ni Kandou and Koi wo Shichaimashita are my favorite Tanpopo songs. :)

i agree. although i love 3rd gen and it's only single, it wasn't really tanpopoish. i liked the 3rd gen line-up better and i would probably have liked them better than 2nd gen if they only had kept the mature style (although it might'd been hard for gaki and konno to pull of mature style when they were so young) and released more singles.
my favourite songs are Koi wo Shichaimashita and Koi no yaroyobee (even if it doesn't feel like tanpopo).

Posted Image
my last.fm ・ visit #risa @ efnet.org

#9 CM4LIFE

CM4LIFE

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:19 PM

i liked the 1st and 2nd lineup of tanpopo but my most favorite is 2nd generation. i liked how all their songs had that '60s 70s' style to it. its hard to explain. but i just loved it. 3rd generation didnt really do it for me. it wasnt really a catchy song to my ears. does anyone by chance have the all of tanpopo album that they could upload pls T_T
Posted Image

#10 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:46 AM

What a coincidence... I bought the Tanpopo single a couple of weeks back... Tanpopo (the song) is the only song from this unit I've listen to properly and I find it has a nice rythm to it but not my cup of tea. I'll have a listen to their other songs when I have the time :D

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#11 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:48 AM

Motto!

I love me some triphop.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#12 Damaged

Damaged

Don't Stop!

• Senpai
  • 1025 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

Otome Pasta ni Kandou and Koi wo Shichaimashita are two of my favourite H!P songs. They're both so sing-alongable, if that's a word, and fun. 1st Gen were so different, and refreshing, 2nd were an excellent matching of personality, talent, and great songs. I think the death bells tolled when Yaguchi and Iida were taken out though.

The group that was added was WAY too young and inexperienced, and the wrong vocal balance. Konno, who has a weak , if not bad voice, Risa who was only, what, fourteen at the time? Rika should not have been retained if they did have to shuffle things up as she had a weak voice. Really the only person I agreed with adding was Ayumi, as it gave her more exposure, and she was talented and old enough to carry the songs.

If we ever had a revived Tanpopo, or a new group based in the same mold, then Eri and Aika in all the way. Haru Beautiful Everyday prooved to me without doubt that these type of songs fit the those two girls perfectly, and despite Aika's age, she would work, thanks to the the other three girls being older. Like Aibon did. And Risa, now she's older and Ayumi. A nice group, that would be ^^

I only go - UP! UP!

#13 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

Well, 3rd gen Tanpopo: I love both songs on their single and absolutely adore all the girls involved. Still, this unit should have gone out under a different name.

Anyway, for old time's sake:

Posted Image
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#14 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:09 AM

Just been watching the Tanpopo PV collection dvd this evening and its such a great dvd i find myself continuously changing my mind about what song i like best. Another nice thing ion the dvd is the alternate versions of the PVs. So who is the greatest HP subgroup ever ? I think Tanpopo have got to be serious contenders.

#15 Tetsik

Tetsik

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 3181 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:13 AM

Well if we talk about the best subgroup - i see a tie between Tanpopo and MiniMoni - i simply can't choose which was better. And my faw song by Tanpopo? Last Kiss (i hope i didnt make a mistake with First Kiss).
Posted Image
Set made by S-N-I-P-E-R

#16 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:17 AM

I would also suggest Puchhi Moni as well but they didn't have as much material and it was a real pity that Ichii Sayaka left so early in her HP career . But i understand her reasons and im glad for her. Cant help but think alot has been lost by these groups being broken up. Just imagine for example how cool a Tanpopo concert would of been.

#17 Tetsik

Tetsik

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 3181 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:46 AM

Pucchi has only few songs but some GREAT ones. But back to topic - well Tanpopo concert could be sth awesome i must agree - but we talk about 2 gen propably - the 3rd one was well ok but that that great like earlier, Marippe and Rika in one team = wonderfull.
Posted Image
Set made by S-N-I-P-E-R

#18 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:12 AM

Just imagine the first Tanpopo line-up today: One married with children, one soon-to-be-married and soon-to-be-mother and one in-an-out of a short term relationship. Ain't that a mess ?!

As regards the best sub-groups, well, Tanpopo is in top 3 along with Biyuden and Melon Kinenbi, IMO.

Fave tracks: Ai no uta (coupling to "Motto" - 1st gen), "Nenmatsu Nenshi no Dai Keikaku" (coupling to "Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru" - 2nd gen). Those Tanpopo singles contain hidden treasures!
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#19 Lethal Injection

Lethal Injection

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 879 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:02 AM

Just imagine the first Tanpopo line-up today: One married with children, one soon-to-be-married and soon-to-be-mother and one in-an-out of a short term relationship. Ain't that a mess ?!

As regards the best sub-groups, well, Tanpopo is in top 3 along with Biyuden and Melon Kinenbi, IMO.

Fave tracks: Ai no uta (coupling to "Motto" - 1st gen), "Nenmatsu Nenshi no Dai Keikaku" (coupling to "Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru" - 2nd gen). Those Tanpopo singles contain hidden treasures!

v-u-den and melon kinen bi aren't sub-groups are they ??

NGP is the greatest!!

Posted Image

#20 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

v-u-den and melon kinen bi aren't sub-groups are they ??

Not by any defintion that I know of. Biyuden has one ex-member and that's it. The other six (total) were never Musumes. Pretty sure that excludes them from the sub-group title.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users