• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#41 GeN_GiM

GeN_GiM

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:19 PM

Watched the first episode, so far, I think it seems like it's a promising gundam series...

Anyways, I noticed that the recent gundam series are like borrowing concepts from past gundam eras (ie. Gundam Z/ZZ was somehow borrowed/adapted by Gundam Seed:Destiny, judging from the mecha concepts and other elements in the series that you could totally miss)
From what Gundam era do you think Gundam 00 is rooted from?

Some say it's following the footsteps of Gundam Wing (the concept of a non-allied private army bent on ending wars by posing it's own war against war; fighting fire with fire, so to speak)
Anyways, it's a pretty good start for this new series

#42 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

The Captain of Reina Revolution 07 Elite Moon Knight Brigade

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:33 PM

For now, it indeed looks pretty much like Wing. But in this case, the main hero seems to be less irritating to me. And less children this time, thank God... I am fed up with pilot brats behaving like they know everything. <3

#43 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:05 PM

Yeah, I hated Shinn almost as much as i hated Fray but of course Fray gets more hate

#44 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:21 AM

i got a cold shiver when i found out Tieria Erde is a guy (the Gundam Virtue purple hair ).

#45 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

Yeah... If he at least had less feminine haircut... 'Cause I kinda like his outfit :rolleyes:

#46 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 11:35 PM

^Sweet!!!

#47 GeN_GiM

GeN_GiM

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:09 AM

thanx for the update
now waiting for the subbed version

-oh wait there is one out now

where do you guys download your torrent from? GundamS.net or nyoron-subs, etc.?
thanx

#48 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:48 AM

^Animesuki.com

#49 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:56 AM

^ GundamS.net

I would prefer there to be less kids... oh well... setsuna is there...

#50 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:22 PM

The kids are just prodigies for instrumental use ;) Like in Evangelion

Liked the 2nd episode. Awaiting the escalation of hatred. They play on the greatest EMO dream - to turn the people's hate against themselves. To be so powerful, that they could destroy everything they perceive as bad or evil. And at the same time not caring whether they are liked. This is yet another EMO series, but Code Geass has shown that this is the strength of anime. I like it.

#51 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:46 PM

I don't really like the story overall. I mean, their main objective is to "stop all wars" by starting a war? =\ But I really liked that orange Gundam, it reminded me a lot of Zeta.

Posted Image

#52 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:25 PM

Not really. They're using the "shock therapy". As the guy from the Union said, they contradict themselves by doing so. Stopping wars by force. But still. I like the idea. It's good for movies. Lots of killing of mean politicians, stupid soldiers and stuff XP

#53 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:48 PM

I guess I'm just too used to the old Gundam series where it was always Earth vs Colonies, AEUG vs Titans, etc... BTW, what day does it air?

Posted Image

#54 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:18 PM

I dunno myself. I think that on Saturdays as on Sundays I usually get the access to the fresh subbed episodes already.

#55 GeN_GiM

GeN_GiM

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:32 AM

I think it airs Sundays, as wiki says, around 9~10 am

Really seeing resemblance of gundam X, gundam wing, gundam Z~ZZ...a lot of presence and elements from these gundam eras are showing up so far

Maybe this gundam 00 will be a one big editorial section of the gundam franchise where they would be kind of inferring what the future holds for us judging from the political and economical status of the world
("We are not moving for charity, we go to war to protect our country and our profits" --- Union President, episode 2)

#56 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:44 AM

I think the Gundam Pilots are being used for a bigger scheme or something

The cliffhanger at the end of episode 2 was decent ~ Atleast a good fight for next week's episode ^_^

#57 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:50 AM

Maybe this gundam 00 will be a one big editorial section of the gundam franchise where they would be kind of inferring what the future holds for us judging from the political and economical status of the world
("We are not moving for charity, we go to war to protect our country and our profits" --- Union President, episode 2)

Yup, the themes on terrorism and war, and the question of moral ethics vs. economy and country's natural egocentrism do appear often in mangas, animes and Japanese cinematography recently. And they do bear the direct connotation to the Middle East conflict.

#58 GeN_GiM

GeN_GiM

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:47 AM

Somehow, I think Exia and Wing kind of look alike, given the head shape and the chest illuminator piece they both have, gundam wing with no...wings

Looking at how innovative these gundams look right now, I can't wait for the 2nd phase of these mobile suits... maybe that's when the true Gundam 00 will appear.

#59 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:35 AM

Hey i like the setting:

Celestial Being
VS

{
US+Japan+NZ+Aussie
VS
Euro
VS
Russia+China+India+SouthEastAsia
VS
Chaotic Mid East + Africa
}

I hope they can maintain the quality like current 2 episode throughout the season.

#60 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:41 AM

3rd episode is out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users