• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#21 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

The Captain of Reina Revolution 07 Elite Moon Knight Brigade

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:35 PM

It's interesting that this series didn't start off with a Gundam jack. The protagonists actually starts off with the Gundams assign to them.

Yeah, that's a very nice change. Some air of freshness to this series would be welcome, and for now the show is doing quite well fulfilling its role as a completelly new Gundam story. I hope that it develops well. Already managed to get to like some of the protagonists, which is the good thing as I tend to discard most animes right away if I see that nobody among the main heroes is impressive enough. In this case, I am sticking to the series. For now.

#22 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

Became an AKB48 fan during his absence

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:46 PM

i was abit disappointed with the direction they took GSD in (Kira becoming the shyt and owning everyone), so the change of things in Gundam 00 is very welcome

oh, and Gundam 00 wasnt the first to not have gundam jacking, Gundam W started with everyone with their stuff (Trowa being the only one who wasn't supposed to be one) and G Gundam was same thing, everone had their own things from the begining

FukumuraSig_zps01ca5087.jpg
(*^ ^*)

#23 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:53 PM

Yup... I mentioned it in another thread already that, funny thing, "Code Geass" at times seems to show exactly WHAT I wished SEED Destiny would be. But second Cosmic Era series was disappointing and I hope that the masterminds behind the whole franchise would learn that: Cool Gubdams is not everything and it does not HURT hurting some fanboys/fangirls' feelings a bit by killing the popular character for the sake of better story development.

#24 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

Became an AKB48 fan during his absence

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, Mwu getting broght back was like "WTF didn't he get blown into pieces?"

Anyway, I wanna know what that gundam was that Setsuna saw in the begining of the ep

FukumuraSig_zps01ca5087.jpg
(*^ ^*)

#25 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:29 AM

That gundam looked feminine to me for some reason lol

#26 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:49 AM

I have a feeling the Gundam that saved Setsuna in the openning is the GN-004 that's missing from the current line up. It doesn't look like Exia, Dynames, Kyrios or Virtue.

#27 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:12 AM

All in All

So happy another Gundam Series is finally out after Seed, getting bored of just Naruto and Bleach lol

GO Sunrise!!!!

#28 Live4Ai

Live4Ai

The Broker

• Senpai
  • 842 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:27 AM

just watched it...

i have to say it SUCKS, the story is so lame i can even make up about most of the story lines. i bet there are more love stories than war stories in this one too. YES, another FRIEND.

me, as a loyal UC Gundam fan, don't wanna see another FOX tv drama after SEED again.

if Sunrise is out of ideas, why don't just Remake 0079...
None can stop the crusade of the Ai-eousness!!

#29 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:12 AM

Well, I liked SEED exactly because it was a drama :) But SEED Destiny kinda did not reach me. As well as original UC series. After watching a couple of episodes, I think the series is a bit too old for my tastes already...

As for the present Gundam 00, there's still lot to see. I may even say that character design and development of things impressed me far more than SEED even when it started. Only the music and the "friendship theme" that concluded in the last minutes of SEED's first episode were the premonition of dramatism that would rule the CE series which so many have learned to like so much.

#30 Live4Ai

Live4Ai

The Broker

• Senpai
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:46 AM

after i saw one of the Gundam, don't remember the name, it is a complete COPY of Zeta Gundam!!

Posted Image

even after 20 years, couldn't they design something new?
None can stop the crusade of the Ai-eousness!!

#31 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:18 AM

Some things change, some things not. It is normal for the producers to use some old designs in each Gundam series. I personally think that it is good that they don't change 100% of what we know. Some old references here and there are nice and keep the whole franchise connected.

#32 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:10 PM

Pro
- Mecha looks cool. (better than i thought, i absolutely hate them when i first saw them on their website)
- Characters' design are OK. Not enough teenagers though, attempt to discourage the Yaoi/Hentai stuff? XD
- Graphic is one of the best. The quality is almost up to par with Movie/OVA level.
- AD? First of its kind to use the same calendar as us?

Cons
- BGM sucks. OP and ED sucks. Seiyuu's choices sucks.
- Like Turbos86 mentioned above, no more mecha hijacking. After 20 minutes of the show, you learned nothing yet. You won't know what's next AND nothing makes you eager to know what's next. :whistle:
- The whole 1st episode kinda reminds me Gundam Wing's 1st episode. :GGRR:

I miss ZAFT uniform.

Since there're less big names for this series, i hope they make good use of the budget into the graphic and plot developing. I will definitely follow this series, at least for couple more of episodes. <_<

Neeway, there's this new Gundam Seed movie (NEW, not compilation) will be released next year. Yay!

#33 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:48 AM

I miss the ZAFT uniform too ._.;;

It was boring to me. Maybe because I was watching it on YouTube and I couldn't quite see the subs, but I didn't have a clue what was going on. Too much jumping around and intro of new characters. Wing also started off this way (to me atleast), but atleast I could figure out who's who. It might take a few episodes to warm me up to it.

#34 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:30 AM

Heh, well, watching anime in YouTube is not that enjoyable, indeed. Spoils most of fun. And I have to say that this Gundam series is a visual feast. I especially loved the animation and atmosphere of the first scene.

#35 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:42 AM

Heh, well, watching anime in YouTube is not that enjoyable, indeed. Spoils most of fun. And I have to say that this Gundam series is a visual feast. I especially loved the animation and atmosphere of the first scene.

Boo why did you watch it on Youtube? uggg

#36 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:23 AM

Boo why did you watch it on Youtube? uggg

No, I didn't. But RyeCrimsonMoon did. :ph34r:

#37 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:39 AM

oh hahahaha

#38 suiseihiyoko

suiseihiyoko

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:57 AM

i miss ZAFT uniform too :c03:

Gundam OO uniform not cool.
Characters have male so much ^_^

#39 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:24 AM

i miss ZAFT uniform too :GGRR:

Gundam OO uniform not cool.
Characters have male so much ^^;

As long as there is no Flay or Fray (sp) similar character

God, she made me hate Gundams until she finally died

I had to Wiki that name cuz i think i subconsciously blocked her out

#40 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

As long as there is no Flay or Fray (sp) similar character

God, she made me hate Gundams until she finally died

I had to Wiki that name cuz i think i subconsciously blocked her out

She kinda got on my nerves, too. BUT, I liked her episodes and I think the series needed her for a little "spice" ;) A psycho girl. Everyone at least once in his life encounters one and is romantically affected to one :P

Talking about female characters... In Gundam 00, the princess looks kinda cute (breast attack! :D). And she has a nice voice, too ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users