you should read THIS
it's pretty interesting. especially the comparison of airi and koharu

#43 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:18 PM

^ Interesting article there, missing_maiha! I guess Tsunku has dubbed their 10th anniversary as the year of the "re-inventions". First the Onna ni Sachi Are being a takeoff of The Peace, and now we have this.

:angry:

I rather like it, though. I liked Gomattou a lot. (And I mean a lot.) So I'm glad to see Buono being compared to them. The backgrounds are rather similar, and then there's the name thing, too. . .

Well, my expectations for these girls are rising.

Can't wait to hear more! :blink:
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#44 w_morning

w_morning

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image

I like hair's Airi :whistle: It's looks very nice :wub:

#45 t0mmy

t0mmy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 626 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

airi is a mix of koharu kusumi(clothes) and sayumi(hair) am i right?

i just noticed..
maybe tsunku will take the three out of berryz and C-ute so that the other girls would be in the limelight a little u kno??
maybe chinami or chisato or najima (wow cant spell) or maasa or saki we'll have a lead???? instead of risako and miyabi.... its all very confusing...
or maybe he'll have another h!p kid audition...
i guess well have to wait ....
Hasta los gatos quieren zapatos....

#46 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:02 PM

^it doesn't seem as thought that would happen but I doubt there'd be another HPK audition because we have the H!Peggs now.

It would be nice if the others had a lead but since this is possibly a one shot group(or will continue a bit like koharu as kirari)

oh and I noticed the hair thing too! Airi's looks like koharu's and miyabi's looks kinda like sayu's...and momoko fought to keep her fringe(she was sad(or some other similar word) when she found out she'd have to show her forehead

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#47 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:03 PM

airi is a mix of koharu kusumi(clothes) and sayumi(hair) am i right?

i just noticed..
maybe tsunku will take the three out of berryz and C-ute so that the other girls would be in the limelight a little u kno??
maybe chinami or chisato or najima (wow cant spell) or maasa or saki we'll have a lead???? instead of risako and miyabi.... its all very confusing...
or maybe he'll have another h!p kid audition...
i guess well have to wait ....

Bearing in mind that I /LIKE/ Maasa and Saki...

This isn't a summer camp. This isn't a place where everyone takes a turn as the lead and gets a chance. This isn't a zero sum game where everyone feels like a winner. Tsunku isn't holding girls back from being leads because he's evil and likes making the girls and the fans who love them cry. The popular girls and the girls who sing the best while dancing get leads. I don't like Takahashi -- she's not one of my favorites, I do like Sayu. Would I trade for Sayu and Aika to get more lines? Probably not unless it was a talkshow. I want my music to sound as good as it possibly can, not be a showcase of who I like.

Further, and a little worse for them, altos don't frequently get leads unless they're utterly amazing (re: Miki Fujimoto). Let's go over the list, Musume wise: Yuuko? No. Kaori? No. Ayappe? No. Sayaka? Nope. Kei? Nope. Yossie? One, arguably 2. Makoto? Not really. Risa? One, arguably 2. We can even wiggle around a bit. Boss Saito can sing. Barely gets lines. Danielle was probably a better singer than Ayaka and she was harmony. Maasa and Saki are, regrettably for them, altos. They're on harmony. Same for Chisato, alto.

Secondly, it doesn't matter if you sing if you can't sing and dance at the same time. I like Chinami, her voice bounces. Chisato and Najima? Voice bounces. I'm well aware that Risako will dance at half so her voice /doesnt/ bounce live -- she doesn't have the most control in the world. She gets a by from this on popularity.

Also.. it's kind of run of the mill at this point looking at HP history. Just like Koharu does other stuff while being a Musume, just like Mini Moni existed while the girls had other projects.. Buono will do what they do while the other two groups carry on so long as they sell well.

#48 m-m

m-m

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2651 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

Bearing in mind that I /LIKE/ Maasa and Saki...

This isn't a summer camp. This isn't a place where everyone takes a turn as the lead and gets a chance. This isn't a zero sum game where everyone feels like a winner. Tsunku isn't holding girls back from being leads because he's evil and likes making the girls and the fans who love them cry. The popular girls and the girls who sing the best while dancing get leads. I don't like Takahashi -- she's not one of my favorites, I do like Sayu. Would I trade for Sayu and Aika to get more lines? Probably not unless it was a talkshow. I want my music to sound as good as it possibly can, not be a showcase of who I like.

Further, and a little worse for them, altos don't frequently get leads unless they're utterly amazing (re: Miki Fujimoto). Let's go over the list, Musume wise: Yuuko? No. Kaori? No. Ayappe? No. Sayaka? Nope. Kei? Nope. Yossie? One, arguably 2. Makoto? Not really. Risa? One, arguably 2. We can even wiggle around a bit. Boss Saito can sing. Barely gets lines. Danielle was probably a better singer than Ayaka and she was harmony. Maasa and Saki are, regrettably for them, altos. They're on harmony. Same for Chisato, alto.

Secondly, it doesn't matter if you sing if you can't sing and dance at the same time. I like Chinami, her voice bounces. Chisato and Najima? Voice bounces. I'm well aware that Risako will dance at half so her voice /doesnt/ bounce live -- she doesn't have the most control in the world. She gets a by from this on popularity.

Also.. it's kind of run of the mill at this point looking at HP history. Just like Koharu does other stuff while being a Musume, just like Mini Moni existed while the girls had other projects.. Buono will do what they do while the other two groups carry on so long as they sell well.

now that's a long answer...a bit off topic but i don't care <3
but i have correct you on one thing: chisato could be a good lead singer. you're right, she doesn't have a high voice like airi or miyabi, but she is extremely good. you should watch her performance on hello! pro hour. also in the °c-ute thread i posted a link of the golden first date concert where you can see her performing "bokurano kagayaki". in the beginning she controls her voice very good. in one scene her voice bounces a bit but miyabi or airi have those problems sometimes too. well and in the end of the song they jump around like hell but her voice doesn't bounce at all. so (according to your post) chisato really has the skills to be a lead singer. also: why is maimi a lead singer of °c-ute then? (please don't bash me calmersac) her voice isn't much better or higher than chisato's...actually sometimes it's lower and it sounds awful (maybe that's just my opinion). and to be honest i've never seen a performance of her where she was extremely good (and i watched both live dvds and i guess most of other performances). even in her solo she disappointed me. so this is kind of confusing. why is maimi a lead singer but chisato isn't? another thing: yurina is a lead singer. she definitely has a good voice BUT live she gets out of breath so easily.

one more thing, when you wrote "chisato and najima": did you mean saki NAKAJIMA? :)

XD :wub:

edit: check this http://kakkoii.vox.c...no-fan-art.html
it's an awesome fan-art. (s)he didn't hit airi very good but it's still awesome how good (s)he hit momoko and miyabi

#49 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:30 PM

edit: check this http://kakkoii.vox.c...no-fan-art.html
it's an awesome fan-art. (s)he didn't hit airi very good but it's still awesome how good (s)he hit momoko and miyabi

Airi is damn hard to draw, so I'm not surprised she wasn't hit as well as Momoko and Miyabi. :angry: Cute drawing, though.

Also, Kitsuiko's right. UFA is, first and foremost, a business. Regardless of whether a girl COULD make them a lot of money, they want to showcase the girls who WILL make them a lot of money so that...they'll make the money. As unfortunate as it can be, especially in cases like Kei and Danielle (raw talent, much?), the girls who are proven-popular (e.g. Risako, who, while she doesn't have a spectacularly fantastic voice, will always bring in the yen) or the girls who are typically-talented will always be the girls who get the most showtime.

Okay, so "typically-talented" isn't quite the right phrase for what I mean, but I can't really think of another way to say it..."typical" sort of has a bad connotation, but I mean it more like...how there's voices that you hear and they're smooth and lovely and don't necessarily take any risks or hit outside of the easy to listen to spectrum...like anyone on the street could say "this is good, this is talent." And I don't mean that in a way like "that's not good, to be typically-talented"--it's just different from being...uh...un-typically talented(?) or whatever, like voices that you have to think about more to appreciate or voices that simply don't apply the average style of singing...or even voices you have to know something about music to enjoy...or voices that weave emotion with skill and the result "disguises" their talent from the average listener's ears because the talent isn't EASY to hear. But neither voice is better than the other, they're just different--easy vs you have to work a bit? I'm totally digging myself into a hole with this because I don't really know how to explain what I'm trying to say, but think Ella Fitzgerald vs Billie Holiday.
Obviously in this case the differences are a little less steep than that--we don't really have any Billie Holidays in H!P. (I WISH! :sob: ) In Kitsuiko's list she mentions Ayappe as one of the girls who didn't get showcased in Momusu. And her voice, while not HARD to listen to, just wasn't the typical idol/Momusu voice--deeper, mostly, more suited to a slower type of song. Tanpopo was created almost solely to show off Ishiguro's talent, because in Momusu she wasn't typical. In Tanpopo, Marippe and Iida could be a different sort of typical along with Ayappe, because the group was built for voices like theirs.
And C-ute is, unfortunately, not built for a voice like Chisato's, just like Berryz isn't built for a voice like Saki's and Momusu isn't built for a voice like Yossie's. And if a girl doesn't have a strong voice at all (e.g. Sayu, as much as I adore her [& her voice, but then, I personally like such voices if they're used properly]) then she's not going to get a lot of lines. Obviously, if a girl sells enough, exceptions are made, but generally the vocal spots are reserved for talent that's simple to appreciate. (Again, I don't mean that to sound like easy to hear talent is a bad thing at all--it's just not difficult.)
The only real chance a girl is generally going to get is when she first joins a group/when the group is first created. Nacchi was the lead in Momusu from the start, Ai-chan started getting leads the moment the group sang a song that wasn't Mr Moonlight (which was made for Yossie) or Souda! We're Alive (which was made for everyone.) Koha doesn't have the same kind of talent as those two, but she's always been marketed as the miracle girl and she's just, well, popular. Originally Iida was supposed to sing lead in Morning Coffee, or so I've heard. Imagine, she could have been the face of Morning Musume--and if she was presented the same way Nacchi was, I'm sure their popularity statuses would have been the other way around. It almost has less to do with talent and more to do with marketing...but seriously, there is a reason why Goto always sang so much and why Ai-chan practically did Osaka Koi no Uta on her own.

ANYWAY MY POINT IS: Big businesses don't like to take risks. Especially in a group like Berryz, where the leads are pretty much cemented--UFA doesn't want to try something new for the sake of trying something new. UFA wants your money. It's just how it is.

#50 t0mmy

t0mmy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:21 AM

wasnt more info about buono supposed to be out today?
Hasta los gatos quieren zapatos....

#51 m-m

m-m

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2651 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:02 AM

news:

762 : ◆buono4KU5Q :2007/08/05(日) 06:30:47.82 0
イベント内容:
<第1部> 13:00~ 出演声優によるトークショー 
<第2部> 13:30~ Buono!(ボーノ) LIVEコーナー
出演者:Buono!
イベントでは、「主題歌曲名、発売日」を大発表します。

google translation:

762: ◆buono4KU5Q: 2007/08/05 (Sunday) 06:30: 47.82 0
Event contents:
the talk show by the 13:00 ~ performance dubbing artist 
13:30 ~ Buono! ([bono]) LIVE corner
Coming out orator: Buono!
In the event, “subject song name, sale day” large is announced.

#52 m-m

m-m

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2651 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

2007年8月22日(水)13:30~14:00 Buono!(ボーノ) LIVEコーナ
��
出演者:Buono!
イベントでは、「主題歌曲名、発売日」を大発表します。

:P

#53 Garnet Jester

Garnet Jester

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:14 AM

This is kind of a late reply but... I was surpirsed that neither Koharu nor Risako were in this group. I mean, I was surprised in a positive way, because I'm not a fan of koha's voice most of the time and I don't want Risako to become as overexposed as "miracle" is. That said, I think that Airi and Miyabi will probably own Momo because of their strong voices, but let's see what happens. Also, about the huge H!P debate going on before, if Miiya and Momo graduate, Berryz will be really unbalanced, having to rely on Risako and possibly Yurina too much, (and while I love them both) they aren't as vocally solid as Miiya or Momo so I don't see that happening anytime soon, to be honest

#54 m-m

m-m

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2651 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:15 AM

Also, about the huge H!P debate going on before, if Miiya and Momo graduate

there is no real reason for that :lol:

#55 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

Have the single release yet on radio rip?

#56 moonmushroom

moonmushroom

3rd gen member

• Validating
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:54 PM

I don't think we're going to get a radio rip first XD

If we're going to get something out of an anime group, it will probably be out of a commercial for the anime, or the opening itself

#57 hekomirukii

hekomirukii

(。・ω・。) わるきー

• Senpai
  • 3002 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:04 AM

I thought their outfits are similar to the style of the main character?

Posted Image

Shugo Chara is from a manga in Nakayoshi magazine, which is famous for Sailor Moon and also Musume Monogatari :D

You can read some of Shugo Chara in English here

For those who say H!P needs to move away from the wota audience and back to the young female audience, this is a very good anime to be involved with

Peach pit made a new one? they never finished Rozen maiden yet... :lol:

#58 m-m

m-m

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2651 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:52 AM

BIG NEWS!

Miyabi :

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Momo :

Posted Image Posted Image

Airi :

Posted Image Posted Image

Buono!:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

last pic has to be a link because it's not allowed to post more than 10 pics
http://img528.images...75/bono2od4.jpg

AIRI LOOKS SO CUTE :huh:
(they all look cute)

could a mod move this thread to the "official members thread" forum?

#59 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

Lovely pictures! :w00t:

I have to admit, I think that those outfits look better in the daylight. I'm actually starting to like them now. . .

Momoko's such a cutie-pie. :huh:
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#60 Tetsik

Tetsik

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 3181 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

They all look great :huh: wow that is an awesome unit! Great clothes, man. So... i need to buy their single :w00t:
Posted Image
Set made by S-N-I-P-E-R

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users