• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 TheFrustrated

TheFrustrated

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:07 AM

^ ha, if morning musume released all H!P stuff they'd've died of exhaustion by now. x_x but yeah, the shuffles and subgroups and special units including members from MM has sold a lot that could've been done by momusu.

All of the SPEED members went solo as well. I don't know how well they did. I know it's nowhere compared to SPEED's success. I kept up with Hiro for a while and Takako Uehara.

#22 Sevii

Sevii

从*・ 。.・)<ペッパー警部よん~♪

• Senpai
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:52 AM

All of the SPEED members went solo as well. I don't know how well they did. I know it's nowhere compared to SPEED's success. I kept up with Hiro for a while and Takako Uehara.

After they went solo, I think they kind of just faded. Hiro was one of the bigger ones, in releasing singles and stuff afterwards, I think Takako went with drama and photo books? I'm not sure, but I hardly hear of them anymore, and it's been a while since I last read anything about them.

Sad, they were so good, a couple of their songs could probably still be considered as classics. >.<

Posted Image
^Bonkyu Bonkyu Bomber: Green^

#23 Ronin

Ronin

人生Bluetooth

• Senpai
  • 2095 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:59 AM

At the rate MM sells (average of 50,000 per single/album), it would literally take a massive amount of years to catch up to SPEED. Unless of course they start pooping out singles one after another (which they seem to be doing :wub:)

Well, you never know what the next single might bring. Even if there's no second "Love Machine", MM will just have to exist for a massive amount of years. :santa: Unlike other JPop bands, Morning Musume has the ability to adapt to the times and literally go with the flow by changing members and always staying fresh imo.

Don't break the Pocky in your hearts.

#24 55Cyanides

55Cyanides

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:06 PM

3 Southern All Stars 47,083,000
13 SMAP 28,400,000
17 TUBE 23,880,000
22 KinKi Kids 20,790,000
36 Morning Musume 15,470,000

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
especially #17 TUBE, my fav band!!!!!!!! they started their career in 1985 i think <3 and still active now XD
great to knwo that they did so good XD
and happy that MM's in the top 50 as well~~~~

Sweet stuff yo. I love TUBE and I lvoe Southen All Stars. Love their music man. Not surprised that B'z are #1, nice stuff.

#25 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:16 AM

Matsuyama Chiharu is my friend's cousin. My friend, Hiroshi, is also a very good singer. At Karaoke parties we always like to hear him sing. Especially Kita Sakaba by Hosokawa.

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#26 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:46 AM

Matsuyama Chiharu is my friend's cousin.

Woah, really?
XD
Anyway, glad to see that L'Arc~en~Ciel made the list, although I knew it would. Morning Musume, Glay, SMAP, Kinki Kids, and Judy and Mary are some of my favorites, so it's great to see them here. (And ZARD, too. XD)
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#27 TheFrustrated

TheFrustrated

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:56 AM

Matsuyama Chiharu is my friend's cousin. My friend, Hiroshi, is also a very good singer. At Karaoke parties we always like to hear him sing. Especially Kita Sakaba by Hosokawa.

I don't know who that is but that's awesome though. <3

#28 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:15 PM

All the SPEED girls had some decent material fresh after the breakup but kind of faded away. I liked Eriko with Crunch and even Hitoe's strange R&B stuff but yeah no comparison to SPEED. Even though ZONE's not on the list at least so far the post-breakup material seems rather promising. At least H!P girls even when they graduate from a group they manage to stay in the spotlight for many years after.

I hope I didn't imply that Morning Musume would try and pad their numbers by taking away all the material from the other artists in H!P just the really good stuff being that they are the flagship group. Especially with people talking about Berryz and C-ute getting better singles than Morning Musume.

#29 timothy

timothy

:)

• Senpai
  • 828 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

cant believe ZARD beat Chage & Aska! theyve been around for 15 years, but chage & aska for 20 years. uv prbly guessed i like chage & aska more :ph34r:'.

also surprised SPEED beat momusu by 4 million!? nvr expected that...

#30 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

Great! Ayu, MoMusu there
Recently AKB was added there too!

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users