• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

#41 yokia

yokia

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:34 PM

^_^ Im new here too, @rpger thanks for that link, found the file on Usenet before, and wanted to up it for ratio, but was here already ;) 3days of 24/7 helping seeding added almost 30GB.. XD Many many leechers :) .. good file for a n00bie..

#42 jessecoleman

jessecoleman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:22 AM

i have a bad ratio, i want a good ratio becuz i want people to listen to me on the seed chat. i've been seeding for a long time and it raised me from .15 to .22. how do i seed more? the most it goes up by is like 5kb/sec. i want the speed to go up more, but i dont know how...help?

#43 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:01 AM

@jessecoleman: I'm sorry if it is too late but... WIth your 5kb/sec speed, you can't really do much about it as you're limited so only thing is to seed whatever files you can whenever you're online... Or to just seed files that you have Direct Download access to, as that definitely saves you your ratio.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#44 xiahou_yuan

xiahou_yuan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1997 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:12 PM

I still dun get what Ratio is for ... i got a 0.25 ratio and I haven't waited for 36 hours to start downloading something :w00t:
I dun get it lol and it's almost impossible for me to get my ratio up atm because my country has download/upload limits so whenever a file is finished downloading I cut it to somewhere else so I won't lose my precious Gigs on uploading XD
Posted Image

#45 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:27 PM

@xiahou_yuan: Even with capped limits, that's the price you pay, as that's how torrenting works really...

So it's almost like saying.. Anything you want to download off H!O, hopefully there is a Direct Download for it elsewhere, or you watch it via Streaming Sites so you don't waste your Ratio on here...

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.

#46 ★Shining Star★

★Shining Star★

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1463 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:04 PM

Himalia managed 1.0 ratio on 56K dialup if he was able to do it, so are others, if they wanted to.

#47 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

That is true but i was careful how much i downloaded as well as it was difficult keeping that ratio. Fortunately i don't have dial up anymore.

#48 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:58 PM

New users tend to go crazy with the downloading when they start off (myself included) and destroy their ratio. Only recently have I started to get to anywhere near a decent ratio.

It definitely sucks when the files you download don't have many people leeching compared to all the seeders and the ratio stays at or near 0. Example: someone on another tracker (where my ratio currently sucks) asked if I could reseed an iso and so far no one has started leeching it after several days! ^^;

It might help to start building back your ratio with smaller files since you might be able to get them on direct downloads or at the very least they won't take up too much space on your computer and generally there seems to be more seeder turnover on those so you can keep seeding them longer and build up your ratio as they drop off. Currently I try to seed most torrents to at least 1.500 and depending on how many seeders there are I might leave it up for a while more.

If you're going to download a lot be prepared to at least give back what you've taken.

It's probably been mentioned many times before so apologies if it has. I haven't read the older posts yet.

#49 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

Can't really say/stress it too much of the whole giving back part. As new users join everyday and most don't read the forums, or heck the rules for the site.

As I know for me I rarely read anything on any site (Rules).. But for this it was special so I actually did read over the rules and stuff.

But yeah definitely... Whenever you download something just be sure ot seed it to at least 1 Ratio, unless you plan to seed another file for a very long time.

And definitely be sure if you're dl'ing to try to grba files as they first get on the tracker so you can easily seed.

As mixedmedia mentioned if you come late and grab something old that doens't have many Leechers, you sorta screw yourself over there. Although it is understandable as you just joined so then you can't do much about it.

And yeah ther ear egroups that provide Direct Downloads to their media such as H!F. And if not there, you can download them (originals) from Veoh, as they allow you to watch it stream or you can download the file there with their player. And you can use those files to help seed on the tracker which saves you the dl ratio and helps your Ratio out.

There are many ways, but definitely you can just download a small file and seed that as that works in most cases, although you'd have to seed more as the filesize is that much smaller compared to larger files.

Happy seedings and hope your ratio gets higher as lol...

Here's my story...

Initially H!O wasn't a Private Tracker so I didn't bother sharing lol. But after it turned private i think I had about a .67? Lol don't remember but slowly I worked on sharing... And then H!F was born and BAM lol my Ratio skyrocketed due to me doing more Seeding than Downloading.

It's possibel.

#50 Jaseybase

Jaseybase

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:52 AM

How do you seed a file that you have downloaded using other means?

#51 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:58 AM

@Jaseybase: You just simply download the Torrent file for it and Direct it to wherever you saved the file... With uTorrent, you can just direct it to the file without having to have the names match up.

#52 Evangel

Evangel

Ojichan

• Senpai
  • 1242 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:45 AM

I have a problem. When I download any file this download very fast but don't upload much and when finished the download don´t upload.
For example now i download yorosen week2 and the morning musume magazine 19, both are download at 145 but upload only a 5.
I use a bitcomet and my pc is always on.
Posted Image
---Using a translator so forgive me if I am wrong---

#53 12345PAPARAA

12345PAPARAA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1703 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

Have you tried opening your bitcomet firewall port?

#54 Evangel

Evangel

Ojichan

• Senpai
  • 1242 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:56 PM

mmmmm....I don't know :P
Posted Image
---Using a translator so forgive me if I am wrong---

#55 k0nk0n

k0nk0n

「*:♪★”あたり前田”★*:♪」

• Senpai
  • 2651 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:33 AM

I use bitcomet too, my is blocked at time and open at times.... Blocked=yellow Green= open. However i am still able upload and download but at a slower rate when blocked.
I only have a ratio of 0.43~!!! T . T, i tried to on my com for the whole day/week but only end up getting scolded. Or my brother will just take down some of my torrent which i can seed !!! and detele the torrent ( because i use to put whatever i dl finish on it so as to upload.)

Posted Image

☆,。・:*:・°'★,。☆,。・:*:・°'★,。 So this is how SeaSick is like. . . .☆,。・:*:・°'★,。☆,。・:*:・°'★,。

#56 J3T7N8Y9

J3T7N8Y9

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

#57 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

@Mr.Yi: Well only way you can do that is to have a Faster Internet Connection. Can't do much else except that, unless youa re lame and go WiFi searching to leech off someone else's connection (Which is technically illegal =P)

But yeah, only thing you can do is seed with the connection you got.

#58 nonolol

nonolol

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

I really think there is a well... "semi" solution to this problem, simply by removing any information about delays on the site and actually making it so these people cannot see the torrents they are missing out on, after a while when new people come here they will have no idea and its no harm to them, if they have a bad ratio, they must wait for torrents, but at least if they do not know about it its just like new torrents are coming out at the same rate as high ratio people, resulting in no panic from them. Just put a notice down that says if you have a bad seeding ratio you may not see torrents instantly, if they dont know the timer its not that bad is it?

#59 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:09 AM

@nonolol: Ehh not too sure if that does much really... because with the penalty they have to wait already as it is... So doens't really matter if they are able to see some torrents or not...

Can't really do much about it anyway.. I mean... If they don't seed, they just have to wait it out... As honestly it isn't that hard to get your ratio up IF you know how to seed, lol, heck you can do what i suggested a long while back... LIMIT your DOWNLOAD to be LOWER than your UPLOAD and therefore you are GUARANTEED to seed more than you download =P, UNLESS there are no leechers for the torrent you are downloading haha.

But who's gonna do that right? So it really is to their own disadvantage if they dont' seed.

#60 Jaseybase

Jaseybase

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 636 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:41 AM

My ratio has been stuck on the same thing (the number itself, as well as downloaded + uploaded amounts). While this is good in that I could download heaps without it damaging my ratio, I can't improve it either so it is kind of annoying me - I've been trying to seed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users