Photo

What's your IQ?

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your IQ (147 member(s) have cast votes)

100 is what most people have.

1. 80-90 (4 votes [2.65%])

Percentage of vote: 2.65%

2. 91-100 (5 votes [3.31%])

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

3. 101-110 (10 votes [6.62%])

Percentage of vote: 6.62%

4. 111-120 (17 votes [11.26%])

Percentage of vote: 11.26%

5. 121-130 (23 votes [15.23%])

Percentage of vote: 15.23%

6. 131-140 (46 votes [30.46%])

Percentage of vote: 30.46%

7. 141-150 (10 votes [6.62%])

Percentage of vote: 6.62%

8. 151-160 (7 votes [4.64%])

Percentage of vote: 4.64%

9. 161-170 (3 votes [1.99%])

Percentage of vote: 1.99%

10. 171-180 (4 votes [2.65%])

11. 181-190 (4 votes [2.65%])

12. I'm too smart to answer this poll. (18 votes [11.92%])

Percentage of vote: 11.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 .Brian

.Brian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1258 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

Well what i will add to this is i am a member of mensa but that does not mean i am a genius. What it suggests is i am probably not stupid and that i am good at IQ tests :lol: Actually lets be very clear about this i am not a genius.

I have been to just one Mensa convention and will certainly not be going again, what a load of stuck people there was. Many (not all) really did seem to think that they were better than "other" people and should be running the country because of their "superior intellect". I suggested to them what i said in my first sentence that did not go down well with many of them :D

A couple of them soon questioned my IQ because of that comment but soon shut up when mine was higher, i guess that ruined there day. Damn place perhaps i just has a bad experience and its not normally like that.

Brrr, sounds like some crazy cult. :D

Btw, i don't think that IQ's should be important at all.
I know a few people who participated in an IQ test that was broadcast on dutch television, and they all got pretty high scores.

Only downside for them is that they are all socially under-developed and will never put their "brain" to full power, simply because they lack the skill to communicate with other people.

I think it's also important to note that it's not about your IQ, it's about what you do with it. People with an IQ below average can put their skills just as good to use as anyone with a high IQ. Or maybe even better!

Sure, without Einstein we wouldn't have a Relativity theory, but without any factory-workers Albert Einstein wouldn't have any chalk or a blackboard to write it on. We live in a world where we all depend on each other. No matter how high or low your IQ is.
No Reina No Life!
Posted Image
Now back online!

#42 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:36 PM

Many (not all) really did seem to think that they were better than "other" people and should be running the country because of their "superior intellect".

Heh that reminds me of the one Simpsons episode where Lisa and the other smart people tried to run Springfield. <_<

But I agree with what you guys are saying. These IQ tests can't really determine your complete intellect. Knowledge can't really be tested on thsese tests. For example, I can do pretty good on these tests but put me in front of a non-working car and tell me to fix it I'm lost. I have always admired people that are good with cars. Some of my friends have rebuilt classic cars and I think they are pretty smart guys but they couldn't do well on these tests at all.

Also some of the smartest people I knew had about no common sense. :good: And like Falc said some were laking in social skills.

Posted Image

#43 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:07 PM

from the Mensa Fun test, i got:
Your score was 26 out of 30. That is an excellent score, you would have a very strong chance of passing the Mensa test and joining Mensa.
Please note that the Mensa Workout is NOT the official Mensa test, and your score will not qualify or disqualify you for membership.

but i got no idea around what IQ that would be... ( and i hate those english vocab related questions...)

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#44 Mimi_girl

Mimi_girl

♥I'm a Shorta and Manga Artist♥

• Senpai
  • 3309 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:53 AM

My mom just told me that her IQ in the 8th grade was an 125 :blink: . I was like "You're smart".

My mensa test was a 12 out of 30 :wacko:. Well luckly this ain't official.

ヽ(✿╹◡╹✿)ノ  Visit my artsu pages! And remember the morals of life is SHORTA  

Deviantart Tumblr YouTube Official Art Channel Twitter

#45 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:07 AM

My IQ is an 89. That's how dumb I am :wacko:.

And my mensa was 18/30
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#46 Mandaz

Mandaz

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:10 AM

I have an IQ of 135. Yay. I'm smart!
Some things I cannot change, but 'til I try...

...I'll never know.

~Mandaz~

#47 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:19 AM

I have an IQ the same as a baked potato.

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#48 Epsilon

Epsilon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:41 AM

i just spent quite a while doing the first IQ test that popped up on Google, i got 136 :good:
and then spent some time on mensa and i got 135.
Question: What do you do when you forget the choreography during a concert?

I'll look at the audience and try to convince them that there are absolutely no moves at this point (- ̄∀ ̄-)/~~~

Posted Image

#49 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:00 PM

i did one those online IQ test and it said my IQ was 138 so I guess i still got it that about what my friend said my was 5 years ago when he make me took one for his collage project

@eyes2
oh come on cant be that bad
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#50 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

I have an IQ the same as a baked potato.

Hmm what filling ? :(

@eyes2
oh come on cant be that bad

Lets see what the filling is first XD

#51 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

i say sour cream and chives :huh:
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#52 Choucho_Ai

Choucho_Ai

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 624 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:27 PM

@ konstargirl - Just wondering.. Where's your second avatar comming from? I don't recognize it :lol:

#53 Epsilon

Epsilon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:09 PM

It came from last week's Haromoni@, near the end.

I'll look at the audience and try to convince them that there are absolutely no moves at this point (- ̄∀ ̄-)/~~~

Posted Image

#54 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:49 PM

I'd like to take a proper IQ test, because I don't really trust online ones...but over the years, I've scored more-or-less around 130. (In fact, I just tried one a few minutes ago and got 130 exactly, but I definitely don't trust that one because I got bored halfway through and started just selecting whichever answer looked alright at first glance without checking the other choices to see if there was a better one. :wub: )

#55 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:40 AM

...well...when I saw my psychologist (don't ask), he gave me one just for his record....this was in October of last year....I'd gotten a 178 at the time ._.

Needless to say, he was rather astounded that I scored like that

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

#56 Mimi_girl

Mimi_girl

♥I'm a Shorta and Manga Artist♥

• Senpai
  • 3309 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:52 AM

^Man you're a smart person :huh:.

I mean I guess me and my twin score the lowest so far in this topic. I never heard someone with a score lower than 89.

ヽ(✿╹◡╹✿)ノ  Visit my artsu pages! And remember the morals of life is SHORTA  

Deviantart Tumblr YouTube Official Art Channel Twitter

#57 Epsilon

Epsilon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:49 AM

well, heard from a friend who took an "offical" IQ test, that the best you can get is 140+ because beyond 140 it's gets more inaccurate, so they just say 140+ :huh: anyway, as long as you around 110 or above, you are a smart ass :wub:

Posted Image

#58 jbatmanl

jbatmanl

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:58 AM

i've never takin an official iq test and the online ones never seem to be legit. my scores on the online test go anywhere from 130-170, but like i said i don't know how good they are. all i can tell you is i got a 1485 on my SAT. and i don't think that's all that important either because colleges contacted me to try and get me to go to their school and build rockets and do other crazy things with full scholarship; but it took me forever to finally get into music school which is what i wanted to do. so i guess it's all relative. <_< ^^;

#59 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:35 AM

I've read that Emotional IQ (Basically, how you choose to react at the situations life continually throw at you) is more important that IQ, and ppl who try to improve their EQ, as it gets called, do better in life than people who try to improve their IQ.

And my EQ (based on, what I felt was a relatively legit, online test) is/was 124.

Let's just say that people who go around burning photos of idol's they're supposedly fans of, would most likely not have a high EQ.

#60 yonasu

yonasu

LONG LIVE KAMEISM!

• Senpai
  • 718 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

I just did an IV-test and my total result is 112, which means I have a higher IQ than 78% of Americas population.

My scores (the average in each part is 10):
The part with pictures: 12
Vocabulary: 15
Memory: 17
Relations: 14
Maths: 14

I'm happy with that. The test was for adults over 18 and I'm 18. This test was in Swedish and if any Swedes are interested in trying it just send me a PM :lol: It's made by "Illustrerad Vetenskap" (probably the biggest science magazine in Sweden), so it's pretty reliable.

tumblr_lqnt6ly9zF1qb77zdo1_1280.jpg

#1 Kameist! 
kameism.tumblr.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users