Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:17 AM

Edit3: Much have happened since their debut. Major update below:
Posted Image

KARA 카라
Current line up as of July 24, 2008:

Park Gyuri (박규리)
Posted Image
  • Position: Leader, Main Vocal
  • Date of birth: May 21, 1988 (1988-05-21) (age 20)
  • Educational Background: Currently attending Dongduk Woman's University (Entertainment field. Theatrical Broadcasting Major)
  • Work History: Acted on drama's as a child in Ladies of the Palace as Neum-keum and Oneul eun Cho-eun Nal as Sonagi, Podogi’s girlfriend. She also appeared as an extra in Lee Jun Ki's Pomegranate Juice Commercial.
Park Gyuri was a child actress and in another company before she left and auditioned for DSP. She also chose the 'Kara' name.

Han Seung Yeon (한승연)
Posted Image
  • Position: Lead Vocal
  • Date of birth: July 24, 1988 (1988-07-24) (age 20)
  • Educational Background: Graduated from Tenafly High School (New Jersey); currently attending Kyung Hee University.
  • Work History: Currently has a hosting job on the Starcraft TV show MSL Break and a Korean Talk Show where she has recently replaced So Nyeo Shi Dae's Tiffany; So Nyeon So Nyeo Gayo Baekso or SSGB with Kim Hye-sung. She was also in the Lucky Days PV with SS501, a boy band from her company.
Han Seung Yeon almost got into medical school but gave it up because she wanted to be a singer instead. Her parents were initially resistant to the change but eventually gave their consent.

It was announced that Han would be joining MBC's entertainment news show Section TV as a "pop columnist", debuting on November 21, 2008.

Jung Nicole (정니콜)
Posted Image
  • Position: Sub Vocal, Rapper, Lead Dancer
  • Korean Name: Jung Youngjoo
  • Birthdate: October 7, 1991 (1991-10-07) (age 17)
  • Educational Background: Currently attending Laurel Springs School
  • Work History: Featured on Sunha's first album Fahrenheit in the song "끈" (String)
Jung auditioned for DSP Entertainment from the United States. She wrote the rap lyrics for KARA's first album and also came up with the "Yo Jump" for Rock U in the choreography.

Koo Ha Ra (구하라)
Posted Image
  • Position: Sub Vocal, Main Dancer
  • Birthdate: January 13, 1991 (1991-01-13) (age 18)
  • Educational Background: Seoul Girls High School
One of the new members, Koo auditioned for many entertainment companies, including JYP Entertainment and SM Entertainment but unfortunately was declined to all and was accepted into DSP.

Kang Ji Young (강지영)
Posted Image
  • Position: Sub Vocal
  • Birthdate: January 18, 1994 (1994-01-18) (age 15)
  • Educational Background: Gwanghui Junior High School
She sang Girls Generation's "Kissing U" for her KARA audition.

Discography:
Debut Album - The First Blooming (March 29, 2007)
Mini Album - ROCK U (July 24, 2008)
Good Day: Season 2 (October 13, 2008)
2nd Mini Album — Pretty Girl (December 4, 2008)
2nd Mini Album Special Edition (February 18, 2009)

More updates later. Original post below in quote.

Alright here's the deal. A new Korean girl band called KARA is on the rise. I know very little about them except that they're the new Fin.K.L or atleast supposed to be as famous as Fin.K.L, if DSP Ent gets what they want. I don't know really. They just own! :lol:

Posted Image

The girls are:
Park Gyu Ri (1988),
Han Seung Yeon (1988),
Jung Nicole (1991) and
Kim Sung Hee (1989) XD

Official website:
http://kara.dspenter.com/

Seems like their first album Vol.1 - The First Blooming is already out. And the PV for Break it is available on youtube as we speak. I suggest y'all check it out.

It took an instant to fall in love with them. It will take forever to get tired of them. ^^;
Someone who knows more. Fill me in please.

Edit: Dibs on Hui Seong! :blink:
Edit2: I accidently posted this in the J-music forum. My bad, talking point will have to do unless any mod thinks otherwise.

Edited by Sev, 19 July 2009 - 12:40 PM.

#2 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:20 AM

I guess it could go here but I don't know

the girl second to the left is really hot!!! will definaly check them out

racequeen.jpg

#3 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:25 AM

The girl on the far left looks half-American. (Reminds me of Becky.) And the one on the far right reminds me of Phat, (YuI2i) from the photos thread.

The only Korean music I listen to is Younha, K, and Trax, but these girls look pretty interesting. I think I'll give thme a try.

Thanks for the info, Sev! :blink:
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#4 (T)anaka (L)over

(T)anaka (L)over

Ero Senpai! o.o!!! ....MM=Super nosebleed! X

• Senpai
  • 3146 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:28 AM

shouldn't they be posted in the music thread? :lol: in any case the first two are my age I think ^^;
Trax is okay, since they are produced by Yoshiki :blink:
[Signature larger than the forum limit has been removed]

#5 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:42 AM

I just finished watching their PV; they're too "hip" and "gangsta" for my taste. I still prefer the purity of Momosu. However, aside from the "gansta" like style, they sing really well, it's just I don't like the song and how it's portrayed.

Posted Image

#6 nelloxx

nelloxx

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:49 AM

"lecker Mädchen" we would say in Germany ...I would do them ...Their Music rocks also! :blink:
Posted Image

#7 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

Thanks for The Memory, it's been more than beautiful.

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:58 AM

Haha, thats not fair. If you get to do that, I wanna make a WONDER GIRLS thread. and when SUPER GIRLS come out... a SUPER GIRLS thread. Hell, I'd make a Se7en thread!

hmmmm, although I still say Hyori can't compare to other Korean's talents (although shes stepping her game up now) I do believe that they are missing a Hyori in the group :T

PLUS, no one can compare to the old Fink.l. I mean.... they were ALL friends. Anyone see the OLD and FUNNY ass prank they pulled on Hyori? they traumatized the poor girl.

-sLaVe4MM

http://sweetkaramel....dex.php?act=idx

Pervy Thinkers Association >>LIFE ~ is just another story~2007/7/27<<>>Finally, I get to write again! Get yo KOREAN NEWS!<< CLICKIE ON THE PICIES! They take you to a new world :]

#8 (T)anaka (L)over

(T)anaka (L)over

Ero Senpai! o.o!!! ....MM=Super nosebleed! X

• Senpai
  • 3146 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:05 AM

I just finished watching their PV; they're too "hip" and "gangsta" for my taste. I still prefer the purity of Momosu. However, aside from the "gansta" like style, they sing really well, it's just I don't like the song and how it's portrayed.

hahah from that said...their looks can be deceiving :blink:
[Signature larger than the forum limit has been removed]

#9 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:12 AM

Defender of Korean music, dun dadda dun!

The only Korean music I listen to is Younha, K, and Trax, but these girls look pretty interesting. I think I'll give thme a try.

Thanks for the info, Sev! :blink:

If you want more music or recommendations, I'd be more than happy to spread the love

shouldn't they be posted in the music thread?

Nah, it saids only Japanese stuff there. So I think the mods would either delete or move it anyway.

That's Korean music, sorta. It's very mixed and different. and this may seem like a "too hip/American" kind of song, but it actually means something pretty deep. That's also very Korean. And I like that. There are many talented people in the Korean wave, I hope some of the new girl groups will be considered a help in this.

-sLaVe4MM

Pervy Thinkers Association >>LIFE ~ is just another story~2007/7/27<<>>Finally, I get to write again! Get yo KOREAN NEWS!<< CLICKIE ON THE PICIES! They take you to a new world :]

#10 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:30 AM

Maybe it's only this genre or this specific song. A lot of other Korean songs I've listened to (BoA and some other artists that I don't know) don't have a lot of "hipness" to it, and for the most part, is very enjoyable. I still like this song though, I just find it a little different than what I'm use to.

Posted Image

#11 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:35 AM

Hm. . . Just watched the "Break It" PV, and I have to admit, I'm not impressed.

I mean, they sing VERY well, and their English is a lot better than most H!P songs, (no offense), but I just think they're too "gangsta/hip", as others have said. If they were in a different genre, I'd probably love them.

And yes, Slave! If you have any Korean music recommendations, I'd love to hear them! :blink:
Kpop 101

#12 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:16 AM

Hm. . . Just watched the "Break It" PV, and I have to admit, I'm not impressed.

Not? Wow.. I'm totally in love. :S They don't only have musical talent but are pretty as hell too and the video is so hiphopish and sweet. I love everything about it.

I will definitly dig down more as soon as I'm free. I'll put Slave on the task aswell.

@toxic: It's Hui Seong, you got good taste. It's not for nothing she got a heart next to her name. :D

Edit: For those who're lazy: Break it on youtube

Edited by Sev, 17 April 2007 - 11:18 AM.

#13 Rokou

Rokou

щ(゚Д゚щ)

• Senpai
  • 1116 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:10 PM

The girl on the far left looks half-American. (Reminds me of Becky.) And the one on the far right reminds me of Phat, (YuI2i) from the photos thread.

Thanks for the info, Sev! :D

Phat is more like the girl on second to the left. :S

Likewise, thanks.

Posted Image

#14 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:10 PM

Pictures from the Official Website:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
| Gyu Lee Park | Nicole Jung | :D Seong Hui Kim | Seung Yeon Han |

Next to do; fly away on clouds of love and look for their album. :S

#15 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:23 PM

those girls are hot maybe not as hot as some our H!P girls ^^;
but hot the same I have to check them out to see if i like their music
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#16 Rokou

Rokou

щ(゚Д゚щ)

• Senpai
  • 1116 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:12 PM

One of them looks like Miki.

Posted Image

#17 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:57 PM

I love Slave. She hooked me up. :good:

Oh and the album is better than I could imagine. I mean I loved Break it, but If u wanna is even better. :lol: Seriously, the whole album is awsome. This is a sure purchase. :lol:

#18 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:10 AM

One of them looks like Miki.

Hey, you're right. :good:
Kpop 101

#19 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:59 AM

More on the album:

Posted Image

Kara - Vol. 1 The First Blooming

Tracklist:

1. Mot Ji Kin Mal (Not Defend To Say)
2. Break It
3. If U Wanna
4. Secret World
5. Don't Be Shy
6. Oori Dool (We Both)
7. I'll Be There
8. Noon Mool Ji Woo Gae (Tears Eraser)
9. Break It (instrumental)
10. Mot Ji Kin Mal (instrumental)

Links to the album:
YesAsia
Hmv.co.jp

#20 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:16 PM

And yes, Slave! If you have any Korean music recommendations, I'd love to hear them! XD

Yes, please Instant Message me on any of my contact information so we can talk more about Korean entertainment and me sharing with you XD

I love Slave. She hooked me up. :wub:

Tee hee :wub: I do owe you for that PS job you did for my homework. Plus you're like my Kuya, and you are the right hand man for PTA.
More over, I love spreading the MUSIC love. Music sLaVe above all ;]

-sLaVe4MM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users