• Please log in to reply
10240 replies to this topic

#10221 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:16 PM

It's also completely within the realm of possibility that Akimoto has 0 interest in continuing with them, but he still asserts himself having creative control so they can't move on anything without him. He was already faltering on the promises of new material half a decade ago once Nogi started to get moving, and now he's too busy throwing 5 different projects to the wall to see what sticks to try to salvage what's left of the franchise after that wrecking ball of a scandal.
DDOhydd.gif

#10222 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:55 PM

yeah i feel like akimoto mightve seen the writing on the wall with akb after acchan's grad and started up nogi which turned out to be successful, but now that nogi's approaching that same turning point akb did he's just doing like 5 different things that are all the same basic concept of "huge groups that use senbatsu to decide lineups" except with different gimmicks (theres the band one, also the anime one i think? and the other 46 groups), and honestly idgi since it just seems like a really bad idea lol. it seems like once he gets bored with one group or thinks their time is over he starts another with the same usual concept and it's really annoying.

but anyway, with akb i really hope they can get back on their feet. i doubt we'll ever see them reach the same relevancy and popularity they did in their heyday, but i think they might end up in a momusu position where they stick to their own fanbase and just do their own thing. but also, with how big akb is (and the sister groups too) they kinda need a HUGE fanbase to sustain that many idols across the whole franchise, and tbh, as it is now they kinda aren't really doing that. besides the popular girls most 48 girls just kinda languish in the theater and maybe make it into a b-side every now and then, otherwise nothing else. at this point akb kinda needs to downsize if they wanna survive without the relevancy they used to have, especially considering how in the golden era they didn't have nearly as many girls as they do now. and that's not even getting into the sister groups as a whole lol. anyway i went on a tangent here but tldr akb's in deep shit and really need to drastically change things if they wanna survive rip

#10223 dreamcastegirl

dreamcastegirl

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:32 PM

Perhaps Akimoto is doing all this as some kind of secret magical ritual, sacrificing all these idol groups and franchises for a plan that we cannot yet understand, and at the stroke of midnight on 1st April 2025, he'll open a portal to the Idol Dimension and summon Onyanko Club back from the void? :P

I mean, perhaps.

she said, "don't make others suffer for your personal hatred." 

#10224 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:46 PM

the ultimate onyakolast264846 fusion, lmao

#10225 dreamcastegirl

dreamcastegirl

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:26 PM

the ultimate onyakolast264846 fusion, lmao

Haha, I already stan this!

she said, "don't make others suffer for your personal hatred." 

#10226 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:26 AM

Hey was Yuki Kanazawa in AKB48

#10227 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:09 AM

^apparently she was a kenkyuusei for about a year i think? but she didn't become a full member

#10228 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:12 PM

Oh man she would have been cool as a member

#10229 chocolatmenthe

chocolatmenthe

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:07 AM

Considering she was part of 10th gen, which was packed with aces whom yet never made it big, she would have been overshadowed in 48. She was way better off where she ended at.

Idols are keeping me young since 2006.

#10230 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 07:58 PM

we're getting request hour 2021!!!!!! https://twitter.com/...0385016837?s=21

FINALLY SOMETHING IS HAPPENING

#10231 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 08:15 PM

i thought i never see the day!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10232 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 09:13 PM

i got so excited but i dont really like the new format TT it literally is a whole different event

#10233 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 09:27 PM

honestly at this point i can't even bring myself to care that much about the format change, it's been so long without anything happening i'm glad it's SOMETHING at least lol. that said this probably would've been best for a new event but eh. hoping for 58th single announced at rh21 but i'm not getting my hopes up

#10234 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:54 AM

the 58th Single needs to be something different something that will get 25 Million views on Youtube

#10235 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:57 AM

hoping for a cooler concept, shitsuren is adorable and i love it sm but idk just wanna see something awesome or even dark, not necessarily uza 2.0 (as cool as that'd be) but i guess something along the lines of monica yoake da (b-side on sustainable). probably just the same old stuff tho but tbh idc i just want a new single in general T_T

#10236 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 12:05 AM

Something that needs to be No.1 on the Oricon Charts for 5 Weeks something that will be so popular fans will be doing those dances of the song

#10237 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 11:06 PM

new akb48 single!!!!! it's finally here guys!!!!! http://stage48.net/f...21-09-29.23586/ https://akb.kingreco.../cd/003610.html

i'm so relieved oh my god, i can't even bring myself to be upset about the release date being so far (late september) i'm just so happy. and it's an akb48 only senbatsu, the first since chance no junban 11 years ago!!!!! i can't wait for the senbatsu announcement and the center. ;_;

#10238 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 06:56 PM

I became a fan of AKB in 2012 and since then I have always wanted another AKB only single. Finally got my wish! lol

I wonder who will be in Senbatsu and who will center. Maybe try a W center?

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#10239 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 09:15 PM

i'm hoping for a wcenter since i think 2 front girls is safer to promote as part of this akb comeback thing they're pushing, but part of me also thinks the center will just be hiichan now that she's back from izone lol. i'm really excited for the senbatsu, it feels surreal that we're actually getting a new single AND it's akb only lol

#10240 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 03:03 PM

Nana Okada made a good centre for the new single even if it isn't released yet

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users